We really don't know who is responsible. Both companies are interested in their own self image and likely did not want to be caught in a controversy. However, I'm leaning towards Apple for the sole reason of quality. If it was Hasbro's decision, I feel like they would have made more of an effort. The edit job is atrocious. I can't see a production company putting out such sub standard work willingly.

Unless Apple said "Change it or else" and they didnt agree with the decision, so they did a really poor job *just* to fill the requirements (and make it clear they didnt want to edit it)

I don't think Apple has the rights to just pull a stunt like that, not without the copyright holders consent.

Like I said, they probably hamfisted Hasbro/StudioB into doing the edit. I dont doubt for a moment they would get consent (after all they dont need ANOTHER scandal after all the recent iPhone problems) but concent =/= approval. Hasbro/StudioB seems, so far, not to be concerned with Derpy and might have just gone along with it to get the epp back up and think it was ridiculous.

As I said, both companies have an image to protect and don't want to be caught up in a controversy, the question is which one acted on it. Apple has the right to pull material they feel is unsuitable for their services. It has always been that way. So was it Hasbro who requested it? Or was it Apple that acted of their own accord.

The latter seems more likely, unless someone can explain to me why the episode was not removed from the Hub site when it was removed from iTunes, and why I can still access the unedited episode from the Hub On-Demand service on FiOS. For some reason I think that if it was Hasbro's doing, they would have taken it down from everywhere, and changed it everywhere. You know, issued a recall on the DVDs, taken the episode off their site, and off THEIR joint network with Discovery Communications. It would seem to me, that would be the first thing they would change it on since THEY directly control it, unlike iTunes which is maintained and controlled by Apple.

Please, everyone who is blaming Hasbro explain this logic to me. I'm clearly not getting it. Changed on iTunes, but not on the Hub On-Demand? (Seriously, I'm highly confused by this train of logic, I'm watching the unedited episode this very minute on Hub's on demand service)

Regardless, if the Hub is going to follow the current pattern for reruns, we will have our definitive answer the week of March 12th or 19th. The episode should have reaired by then.

Why would people complain to Apple about the content of an episode? Blame the producer of said episode if you want anything done about it.

As we saw with WeLoveFine, our factual resources and empirical evidence point to the fact that Hasbro contacted them and asked for the removal of Derpy products. Instead, they renamed them, then later the names were allowed back, through some sort of agreement. By that logic, it's not far off to assume that Hasbro, the copyright holder of the product, would contact a distributor in order to halt the sale of a material that belongs to them. Think of it like an intellectual recall. They might have fixed the product in-house, and -- since iTunes is a digital distribution vector -- we were able to see this change first. The DVD was probably not touched because it was already made, and the expense of adjusting it would not justify the gain and Hasbro might have decided to let it slide.

Hasbro is a many-headed hydra, I wouldn't be surprised if they "missed" some spots during all this backpeddling, the ondemand resources and the site, specifically. Those two features do not actually collect money for viewership; the iTunes download does. Maybe that's the factor we're missing here.

We'll know for certain in due time when Last Roundup airs again on the Hub, or we hear some real news from the source.

• Like 1

Rosewind, they get money from all sources. Ad revenue from their site and on-demand, and people buying from iTunes. Either way there is money involved. And I cannot see the two being separate, unless you are suggesting that there are multiple distribution teams (one for TV, iTunes and Internet). And if that is the case, are they autonomous, allowed to disregard the ruling of Hasbro? Seems unlikely to me. Though usually companies have one team for each area, though the size of said teams can be quite large (PR, Distribution, Legal, Corporate...). It is unlikely that they were simply "missed," because of the size of Hasbro. They have teams of people searching Youtube to ensure that no episodes are posted there, do you really think they don't have the man power or foresight to check their own property? I think you are underestimating Hasbro. There must be a reason for this oversight, it doesn't make sense to me.

If it is an oversight, it would have been corrected by now, unless you are suggesting that they didn't care enough to not at least take the episodes down from those sources, regardless of changing them. Which again, seems unlikely if they cared enough to expend more money to do the edit (which does cost a bit of money in studio time, animation editing department and sound editing department). I don't know, this all seems strange to me.

I really hope we get our answer next month...

Also Apple could have done it of their own accord to avoid being wrapped up in the situation. Believe it or not, distributors are also blamed if they are distributing something that they know is offensive. If Hasbro refused to act because they didn't see an issue, the public's eye would easily turn to Apple whom was selling the product and didn't take it down. It has happened before.

And btw, ceasing distribution wouldn't cost them that much. All that would happen is that the DVDs would end up in a warehouse somewhere, never to see the light of day. Hasbro is a 4 billion dollar company. I think they could handle a couple of million dollar hit if it meant preserving their reputation. I mean it has been done in the music industry too. Just read up on the Black Flag debacle over their CD Damaged. And that was back when internet didn't exist so people actually bought physical media. So with iTunes revenue set and in tact, why do you think they would care taking a small hit in ceasing distribution of that DVD?

(BTW, I do understand what you are saying, it just doesn't make sense to me personally, and likely won't unless Hasbro comes forward and says something)

I don't know any business that will sweep a product under the carpet in the way you're describing. Large businesses tend to make a lot of money, but only because they make money in smaller amounts. Cost control is paramount to this business strategy, and storing away a warehouse of DVDs, never to be sold, because of a minor change to one episode on the disc, is not good business by any degree, even to save face or whatever have you -- unless the product was, of course, defective or dangerous to the consumer.

You make some interesting arguments about how Hasbro's infrastructure works. Do you have any evidence to support this information that you're putting forth? You're saying a lot that does make sense, but I can't see how any of it can really be confirmed.

Again, it's speculation, and it's going to continue to be speculation until some real information is provided from a viable source. I'm afraid I'll have to disagree with what you are saying because I don't think there is a way to confirm how Hasbro's business infrastructure works, especially with episode distribution.

I don't know any business that will sweep a product under the carpet in the way you're describing. Large businesses tend to make a lot of money, but only because they make money in smaller amounts. Cost control is paramount to this business strategy, and storing away a warehouse of DVDs, never to be sold, because of a minor change to one episode on the disc, is not good business by any degree, even to save face or whatever have you -- unless the product was, of course, defective or dangerous to the consumer.

You make some interesting arguments about how Hasbro's infrastructure works. Do you have any evidence to support this information that you're putting forth? You're saying a lot that does make sense, but I can't see how any of it can really be confirmed.

Again, it's speculation, and it's going to continue to be speculation until some real information is provided from a viable source. I'm afraid I'll have to disagree with what you are saying because I don't think there is a way to confirm how Hasbro's business infrastructure works, especially with episode distribution.

Fact:

Actually... Hasbro is a publicly traded company, so you should be able to find that information somewhere. From the looks of their executive structure it is exactly as how I described. It is a top down system with one section leading back to one executive (pretty standard in business as far as I know). Just about everything can be found on Hasbro's corporate site.

Pretty much everything I read on http://www.hasbro.com/corporate/ lead me to that conclusion. But I accept the fact that it is late for me, and I can't read through 100s of pages of information, so I may have missed something or misconstrued something.

Opinion:

Reputation is more important to most companies than a slight loss. They would rather lose $1 million now, than lose thousands of potential customers because of some issue with media. You have to think about it this way... What will cost them more (considering that they saw this as a big enough issue to revise the episode and rerelease it)... Taking the $1million hit by ceasing distribution of the potentially harmful material, or potentially losing x number of customers because they refuse to buy products from a company that is so insensitive to people with mental or physical disabilities (or what ever the issue was)? Companies take losses all the time to prevent potentially harmful media. They would rather take a slight hit, than take a huge one from people refusing to buy in the future because of some scandal. If they printed out say 50000 copies of that DVD, and 12000 landed in the hands of parents or fans whom were offended, that is potentially 12000 less people who will buy from them in the future. And that money ads up far faster than $1million from the start. I believe the business term is "Acceptable Loss." And yes, it is a more common business practice than you may think.

So by your logic, if someone buys a defective car and gets in an accident because of the defect, they should be upset with the dealer that sold the vehicle? I know that metaphor has been done to death, but that's what I'm seeing from your side of the fence. Does that mean it's the dealer's responsibility to fix the defect, or should the manufacturer do so? I suppose they could say "We won't sell your car until you fix the defect." Why would Apple waste time, resources, and money to alter another company's content?

Back to the Derpy situation, maybe that is the logic at play here. Maybe some people won't take responsibility for their own tolerance and need for political correctness, so they hold that standard to other entities besides themselves.

For my other theory, I was suggesting that Hasbro has only adjusted content you have to pay for outright. The website and on-demand services don't cost the consumer anything (they pay by watching advertisements), so I think Hasbro might treat that crowd differently than the paying one that has a right to gripe or question the content since they actually made a monetary purchase from the company. By this logic, I'm most certainly not underestimating Hasbro, nor do I disagree that I should discount Apple -- I just think people are giving them too much credit in this situation.

As for your opinion about all this, and whether or not Apple was a player in the change of Derpy, I think we're going to have to agree to disagree on this, Swirly!

So by your logic, if someone buys a car, and gets in a car accident, they should be upset with the car company that made the car? I know that metaphor has been done to death, but that's what I'm seeing from your side of the fence. Maybe that is the logic at play here. Maybe some people won't take responsibility for their own tolerance and need for political correctness, so they hold that standard to other entities besides themselves.

For my other theory, I was suggesting that Hasbro has only adjusted content you have to pay for outright. The website and on-demand services don't cost the consumer anything (they pay by watching advertisements), so I think Hasbro might treat that crowd differently than the paying one that has a right to gripe or question the content since they actually made a monetary purchase from the company. By this logic, I'm most certainly not underestimating Hasbro, nor do I disagree that I should discount Apple -- I just think people are giving them too much credit in this situation.

As for your opinion about all this, and whether or not Apple was a player in the change of Derpy, I think we're going to have to agree to disagree on this, Swirly!

Car company eh? Depends on the situation... Like the whole Toyota brake debacle from not too long ago. People got into accidents, and the cars had passed QC. Toyota claimed it was a nonissue, until it was found that it was. People, before learning the truth, did in fact blame Toyota. So yes, it is possible to blame the car company depending on the situation and range of scope.

However, that is not the same as this issue at hand. A more accurate comparison with cars would be if say a car company released a car with a rainbow colored paint job and issued a recall on that based on people crying foul for homosexuals (regardless of the actual intent of the paint job in question). It is a PR problem, not an issue with individual views. Which would happen and the cars would be immediately repainted with a public announcement apologizing for any offense caused (Something that is oddly missing in this story here).

That said, I agree. I think we have both argued our respective views admirably, and neither of us are actually sure of what is happening. So lets agree to disagree until the end of March when we will hopefully have the answer to all of this when they reair the episode. And if they don't, I'll be quite cross at Hasbro/Hub for just sweeping this under the carpet.

Hasbro should have hired subject matter experts as consultants before doing anything. The road to Hell is unfortunately paved with good intentions. There are educated and prominent members of the community who could have tweaked that scene before it aired - if they were just given the chance. In the end it's like this:

job-fails-the-exciting-world-of-tech-support.jpg

Hasbro should have hired subject matter experts as consultants before doing anything. The road to Hell is unfortunately paved with good intentions. There are educated and prominent members of the community who could have tweaked that scene before it aired - if they were just given the chance. In the end it's like this:

job-fails-the-exciting-world-of-tech-support.jpg

QFT

You know, I wonder if Derpy would have had a better reception if Tabitha voiced her a bit more feminine and away from the tone she used? If anything this should be a solid example for Studio B to provide as much character detail to their creative/VA staff as possible, even for background ponies!

Oops, I edited my post to clarify my metaphor but you already read/replied. Oh well. We had a nice little debate though, eh? Have a cookie.

It was indeed.

For fun, I'll give a quick reply to your revised scenario... It really depends on the situation (again). If it was the same situation as Apple and MLP, then yes, the same thing will happen. Car is shipped with defect, defect becomes known. Company refuses to do anything about it, it is up to the distributor to refuse to sell it, until the situation is rectified. If you sell a known defective product, you are just as liable as the manufacturer whom produced it.

On the other hand, if the distributor is unaware of the situation, then it is not their fault, but the manufacturing company specifically. But if that defect becomes known, it is again up to the distributor, with or without the notification of the manufacturer to cease sales.

Thanks for the cookie :) Here is a brownie as an exchange <3

034-Offensive.jpg

For fun. The artist when making this points out a couple important issues in his commentary on their piece. First and most importantly, don't panic. Second we still don't know nearly enough of the facts to understand what has happened. Derpy has only be altered in the iTunes version. We don't know if it was even Hasbro, it may have been Apple (but, again, we don't know).

The Last RoundUp will probably forever altered, because the money had already been spent, but that doesn't mean Derpy won't be back, lovable cross-eyes and clumsiness and all. If that means having an altered, more feminine voice or not saying anything, but otherwise the same, I would be ok with it.

• Like 3

Here's what I think. We shouldn't think about it.

We've done enough and too much to let them know how we feel about the censorship. At this point, saying anything else is just plain annoying. And regardless of what is to come of the future of derpy, we just need to remove ourselves from saying any more. What upsets me is that if Derpy's name is mentioned again in a future episode, then the bronies will say that they have 'won'. Won? Are we fighting with hasbro? or anybody? Since when did a grey colored pegasus cartoon character become something so important that we are willing to sacrifice our time to do such things. Sure she's the bronies' 'mascot,' but that doesn't mean we should sacrifice animals under the name of derpy and donate money to set her free. Nothing of the sort.

Honestly, I think we just need to let it go. At this point, whatever happens happens. And there's not going to be much we can do about it. And if it still doesn't change in our favor, then we should probably think about greater more important things. Arguing about a background character's name and likeness to this point is become more and more not worth the effort.

That picture made me laugh more than expected. Good show Brian!

That said, I'm not sure how many people are panicking anymore. It has already happened, so panic time is over. Really, now it is deliberating what exactly happened. We really can't blame either side for doing what was done. Amidst controversy, action had to be taken, Perhaps most would have preferred a public statement explaining the chosen characterization as well as the meaning of the word "derpy," but unfortunately we have no say. In the end, either Apple or Hasbro decided to make this scene PC. Either way it happened, Hasbro signed off on it begrudgingly or not, and made the changes. Was it just for iTunes? Was it across the board? These are the questions that most people are wondering. And really, we won't know until Hasbro steps out and either says something or we see the episode reaired.

@Riverhippo: I agree, except that I think fans want closure more than anything. The censorship happened, but we know nothing else. Petitions have been signed, and I'm sure Hasbro and the Hub were both emailed to death by irate fans. So I certainly agree, we have done enough.

Also, if any fan thinks like that, I'll be sorely disappointed in this fandom. If the name returns, the censorship should be viewed as a fluke to appease the outcry. And the return of the name should be viewed as Hasbro and co's respect for the fandom, not caving in or "losing." This isn't a battle to be won.

In fact, the only reason why I'm annoyed by the edit is because the edit is atrocious. It looks like it was thrown together and neither VA seemed terribly invested in it. It was poor work. If they rereleased it a 3rd time with better editing I'd be extremely pleased, despite the name being cut out and the voice changed. Derpy will *always* be Derpy, whether it is acknowledged by the show or not. As I recall, they released a toy of Lyra with the name Heartstrings, yet, it seems to me that most fans seem to refer to her as "Lyra" still. So even if they change the name to something else (which I don't think they will, as they have used the name publicly before and most of the creative team seems to like it), within the fandom Derpy's name will not be changed, which is where the character and all of her lovable clumsiness really was born. Even the dropping of the furniture on Twilight in Feeling Pinkie Keen was a nod to the fandom, because that was after she was named and had tons of material written and drawn about her.

Some people would argue that watching a cartoon aimed at little girls isn't a worthwhile endeavor for grown men.

To address the idea of "winning", if Derpy was to stay the way she was, I'd see it as a victory against bigotry and misplaced chivalry. There is more then one way of resenting (in this example) people with disabilities. Aside from openly ridiculing (which is highly unacceptable in the age of political correctness), you can also treat them like children (by fighting their battles for them) or push them out of the public view (by this kind of edits, going so far as to underp her eyes).

I definitelt agree that the edit was thrown together. The conversation between RD and Derpy does not seem very fluid. It was clear that this was a last minute decision to do the edit. This leads me to believe that it was very unplanned, and therefore thrown together.

All in all I'm waiting for the official word about Derpy. As for the panicing, I'm not entriely sure. On Deviant Art I saw tons of Save Derpy art last weekend when this was announced, but lately things seemed to have cooled off. There are still some art and writing pieces relating to saving Derpy still being made.

Here's what I think. We shouldn't think about it.

We've done enough and too much to let them know how we feel about the censorship. At this point, saying anything else is just plain annoying. And regardless of what is to come of the future of derpy, we just need to remove ourselves from saying any more. What upsets me is that if Derpy's name is mentioned again in a future episode, then the bronies will say that they have 'won'. Won? Are we fighting with hasbro? or anybody? Since when did a grey colored pegasus cartoon character become something so important that we are willing to sacrifice our time to do such things. Sure she's the bronies' 'mascot,' but that doesn't mean we should sacrifice animals under the name of derpy and donate money to set her free. Nothing of the sort.

Honestly, I think we just need to let it go. At this point, whatever happens happens. And there's not going to be much we can do about it. And if it still doesn't change in our favor, then we should probably think about greater more important things. Arguing about a background character's name and likeness to this point is become more and more not worth the effort.

I disagree. *warning - wall O' text rant incoming!*

Television history was made due to the fact this fandom is so active and there is actual 2 way communication. I would have loved to have had input to Star Trek TNG! I feel taking action at the very least provides them with active feedback. There is no bad publicity. There is brand awareness and whether we are happy or sad about something is completely irrelevant. When they receive unsolicited feedback of any form - it let's them know the size of their market.The Hub is just a giant infomercial of a network. It's entire purpose is to promote product sales.

My sincere opinion is that the iTunes scene will never change - but the fact they are not currently aggressively purging the scene from existence (re-calling DVD's, taking it down from the Hub site, and removing it from Time Warner Cable 'On Demand') shows they are willing to meet us halfway on this.There's a lot they simply cannot disclose to us for legal purposes - if the company comes out and makes an official statement ' We changed the scene at iTune's request ' then that could be interpreted as defamation against Apple. So they remain silent about the whole affair.

If even a single person is offended by something - anything - then they can take action and file 'something'. Someone - either Apple or Hasbro or Studio B saw that some fans were offended. It doesn't matter if you and I are not offended and we are the majority - it only matters that someone was offended. It creates a financial liability. Corporations have zero tolerance for financial liability.So Studio B or Hasbro changed the scene - it covers their ass - if anything is done legally at this point they just go to court and say 'We saw that some were offended - our official position is that we changed the offending material to something more suitable'.

What's fortunate for us is that they seem to be doing only what is absolutely required to protect themselves. Honestly we can breathe a collective sigh of relief. I don't think we will ever see Derpy's name mentioned again and I wonder if she will remain cross-eyed or not - The only glimpse I've seen of her was in Hearts and Hooves and Friend indeed and could anyone see her eyes? It is my hope they at least leave her cross-eyed because frankly it's more offensive that they would un-derp her eyes as a statement that being cross eyed is 'offensive' when it's just a common condition. If they don't want to state her name - fine - if they want to change her voice - fine - but don't change an integral part of the character.

Whether it's you here on Canterlot or Saberspark on My little Brony - I will always disagree with the instruction towards this community to do 'nothing'. DO SOMETHING! It is a win/win situation for both the community and for Hasbro/MLP/Studio B. Write a story. Make a funny meme. Create a PMV. Create a custom animation. Create a rant post on canterlot.com (um w/ spoilers) but for Celestia's sake express yourself my friends.I may disagree w/ you and Saberspark but I still love you as brothers in brony. Please tolerate my opposing viewpoint. Together we make a community. /rant

Several things...

@ Brian:

Awesome comic, made me laugh, and I loved the ending! Thanks for posting :D

@ Starswirl:

Which came first the chicken or the egg? Is there a God? Did man evolve from Apes? These questions have been argued far longer than Derpy's fate has, so even when everyone calms down about something doesn't mean we wont all still be arguing. Unless Hasbro makes an official statement, this argument will continue untill the series is completely and totally forgotten.

@ Puddinghead:

Well said.

Derpy appeared last week inside the snow-globe, and yes her eyes were still crossed. But keep in mind all of S2 and possibly even part of S3 is finalized, so any major changes wont take place until the currently 'un-animated' episodes appear. They tried to 'fix' her once and it didnt work, so it's unlikely they'll try again, if they do anything it will be with the new material.

• Like 1

I disagree. *warning - wall O' text rant incoming!*

Television history was made due to the fact this fandom is so active and there is actual 2 way communication. I would have loved to have had input to Star Trek TNG! I feel taking action at the very least provides them with active feedback. There is no bad publicity. There is brand awareness and whether we are happy or sad about something is completely irrelevant. When they receive unsolicited feedback of any form - it let's them know the size of their market.The Hub is just a giant infomercial of a network. It's entire purpose is to promote product sales.

The cartoon itself is what brought people in. And the effect of the fandom being bonded together on the internet is a beauty of technology. I wouldn't say that MLPFiM is so special that it caused these things. I love FiM, but we're kidding ourselves if we said that the state of the internet and social networking hasn't aided the series to massive amounts of out of demographic fans. This being said, to say that MLPFiM has made history isn't giving enough credit to the other shows out there that are being talked about. As big as the brony world may seem, we are still little blips on internet and television map. TNG and other older cult series are different because the internet wasn't as big when those shows premiered. Had TNG premiered in this decade, it would rule the internet, no doubt.

My sincere opinion is that the iTunes scene will never change - but the fact they are not currently aggressively purging the scene from existence (re-calling DVD's, taking it down from the Hub site, and removing it from Time Warner Cable 'On Demand') shows they are willing to meet us halfway on this.There's a lot they simply cannot disclose to us for legal purposes - if the company comes out and makes an official statement ' We changed the scene at iTune's request ' then that could be interpreted as defamation against Apple. So they remain silent about the whole affair.

I don't know how that's supposed to make voicing to save derpy any more worth the trouble.

If even a single person is offended by something - anything - then they can take action and file 'something'. Someone - either Apple or Hasbro or Studio B saw that some fans were offended. It doesn't matter if you and I are not offended and we are the majority - it only matters that someone was offended. It creates a financial liability. Corporations have zero tolerance for financial liability.So Studio B or Hasbro changed the scene - it covers their ass - if anything is done legally at this point they just go to court and say 'We saw that some were offended - our official position is that we changed the offending material to something more suitable'.

What's fortunate for us is that they seem to be doing only what is absolutely required to protect themselves. Honestly we can breathe a collective sigh of relief. I don't think we will ever see Derpy's name mentioned again and I wonder if she will remain cross-eyed or not - The only glimpse I've seen of her was in Hearts and Hooves and Friend indeed and could anyone see her eyes? It is my hope they at least leave her cross-eyed because frankly it's more offensive that they would un-derp her eyes as a statement that being cross eyed is 'offensive' when it's just a common condition. If they don't want to state her name - fine - if they want to change her voice - fine - but don't change an integral part of the character.

The main problem I have with Derpy and the fandom is that for whatever reason the beauty of the internet has given people a right to entitlement. And it came outta friggin no where. You say you would have liked to have a voice in TNG. What gives you the right to have a voice? Just because you're a fan? Just because you like Television sci fis? I like Italian food. Does that give me the right to go into Italian restaurants and tell them how they should make their food, just because I have a liking to it? I think that too many people make the mistake of feeling a self-right to entitlement. It's why these days you see little kids with cell phones and people who are broke as a joke somehow get dealt a nice car. People think they have the right to nice things, just because they like them. And it's wrong. In the pony fandom, bronies will sometimes feel entitled to have an opinion, and 'Hasbro better listen'. And we think that just because we fell in love with an animation error than that means Hasbro owes us a derpy-eyed character, a fanon name turned canon, and a voice that represents what we'd expect. To those people that think they have this entitlement, I think you need to get a clue.

Whether it's you here on Canterlot or Saberspark on My little Brony - I will always disagree with the instruction towards this community to do 'nothing'. DO SOMETHING! It is a win/win situation for both the community and for Hasbro/MLP/Studio B. Write a story. Make a funny meme. Create a PMV. Create a custom animation. Create a rant post on canterlot.com (um w/ spoilers) but for Celestia's sake express yourself my friends.I may disagree w/ you and Saberspark but I still love you as brothers in brony. Please tolerate my opposing viewpoint. Together we make a community. /rant

I never said to do 'nothing'. But when there are more people signing petitions to save derpy than there are people taking interest in VA's charities and such, I think it's safe to say that we have lost a little perspective.

• Like 1

I definitelt agree that the edit was thrown together. The conversation between RD and Derpy does not seem very fluid. It was clear that this was a last minute decision to do the edit. This leads me to believe that it was very unplanned, and therefore thrown together.

Let me challenge that. Be honest. If you had seen the new version first, would you really have noticed? Imagine if afterwords, they changed it to the boy derpy voice. Then what? Probably the same thing if you ask me.

You could change any scene in any episode about anything in FiM. It doesn't matter how much better it may be, people will complain.

Hey you guys this whole thing was rumored a month ago. It actually happened WOW :-o. and people thought i was telling lies. The future of Derpy is not promising. send all the petetions till your hearts content its gonna do nothing to change Has-nobro minds. Ditzy Doo is now canon. and Why are bronies complaining about it so much? and can someone explain to me about derpy a bit more i don't really know that much

Hey you guys this whole thing was rumored a month ago. It actually happened WOW :-o. and people thought i was telling lies. The future of Derpy is not promising. send all the petetions till your hearts content its gonna do nothing to change Has-nobro minds. Ditzy Doo is now canon. and Why are bronies complaining about it so much? and can someone explain to me about derpy a bit more i don't really know that much

Sorry kid, but i gotta pick on you a bit.

This is a prime example of what the problem is with more fans right now.

What makes you say that the future isnt promising? other than the slight change of a scene.

First you tell us signing petitions isnt going to help, but then you ask what is going on. Shouldn't you educate yourself before you blindly making a statement like that?

You said the word 'Has-nobro'. I should slap you, but I wont.

Ditzy Doo has always been canon. Unless they removed her name in Winter Wrap Up too. Ditzy Doo is not Derpy, made famous by fans AND the show makers. They never intended anything and Jayson Thiessen himself responded to the question of who Ditzy Doo is saying, "We may never know."

As far as the canon of Derpy? That argument is like lighting a match over a large pile of wood soaked in gasoline.

Let me challenge that. Be honest. If you had seen the new version first, would you really have noticed? Imagine if afterwords, they changed it to the boy derpy voice. Then what? Probably the same thing if you ask me.

You could change any scene in any episode about anything in FiM. It doesn't matter how much better it may be, people will complain.

Understand I'm not complaining. Because I have seen both, I can see and hear a difference. But you're right. If someone heard the new version, it isn't horrible.