Let me challenge that. Be honest. If you had seen the new version first, would you really have noticed? Imagine if afterwords, they changed it to the boy derpy voice. Then what? Probably the same thing if you ask me.

You could change any scene in any episode about anything in FiM. It doesn't matter how much better it may be, people will complain.

Let me challenge that in turn. I'm making a degree in theater design. I spend a lot of time watching and analyzing movies for class. This scene is a terrible hackjob, with no timing or dynamic.

If they had redone the scene completely, I would have been alright with it (Although underping the eyes does strike me as a bit excessive, considering how present that feature has been in the past), but they didn't. It's painfully obvious that this is a some rushed out quick fix, and I find it offensive that they expect anyone to swallow this, even little girls.

Sorry kid, but i gotta pick on you a bit.

This is a prime example of what the problem is with more fans right now.

What makes you say that the future isnt promising? other than the slight change of a scene.

First you tell us signing petitions isnt going to help, but then you ask what is going on. Shouldn't you educate yourself before you blindly making a statement like that?

You said the word 'Has-nobro'. I should slap you, but I wont.

Ditzy Doo has always been canon. Unless they removed her name in Winter Wrap Up too. Ditzy Doo is not Derpy, made famous by fans AND the show makers. They never intended anything and Jayson Thiessen himself responded to the question of who Ditzy Doo is saying, "We may never know."

As far as the canon of Derpy? That argument is like lighting a match over a large pile of wood soaked in gasoline.

kk

Let me challenge that. Be honest. If you had seen the new version first, would you really have noticed? Imagine if afterwords, they changed it to the boy derpy voice. Then what? Probably the same thing if you ask me.

You could change any scene in any episode about anything in FiM. It doesn't matter how much better it may be, people will complain.

Put simply? Yes. In fact I showed my friend both clips, and she instantly picked out the original, and she has not yet seen the show. The edit was a hack job that wasn't up to snuff. Simple as that.

Let me challenge that. Be honest. If you had seen the new version first, would you really have noticed?

I, for one, would have noticed. Why? Because dash's voice doesn't sound like dash in the new cut :P as for the rest, I *might* have noticed derpy's eyes but likely not. What really jarred me was that Dash's voice was completely off (Honestly I cant think of any pony it sounds like off the top of my head, *maybe* kinda like Cheralee... but the gratyness was gone and the tone was wrong. If it was Ashleigh, she didn't even *try* to get the voice right.

I'm still wondering if they purposefully half-plot did it to show their dissaproval kind of "ok, we'll fix it but you wont like it!"

Hasbro apparently responded. Though I'm curious why they choose Gawker, whose credibility is worse than Fox. Seriously, why not contact EqD directly? They would have been the better choice. It was their choice to change the one episode.

Well there you have it. It's been Hasbro's doings all along, just like with the Youtube take downs. And I mean, sure, it's their right to do with their IP whatever they want, but at least they could have not butcher the scene like that. If they want to ride the PC train, okay, so be it.

I guess in the future we just have to keep quiet about the cool stuff that went past the radar, so we can keep the streaks of insane fun in the show.

Here is the latest:

“The ‘My Little Pony Friendship is Magic’ series has always been about acceptance and inclusion, and the series strives to convey that through the playful antics of a diverse cast of characters,” Hasbro spokeswoman Nicole Angello told us over email. “Some viewers felt that aspects of the episode ‘The Last Roundup’ did not stay true to the core message of friendship which is the heart and soul of the series. Hasbro Studios decided to make slight audio alterations to this single episode.” - Ms.Angello to Gawker

(emphasis mine)

As reported on Derpyhooves News and Equestria Daily; the actual article is here. Take Gawker with a grain of salt overall, it doesn't have a good credibility rep with the fandom. The quote above is the only important part.

So there you have it, Hasbro felt the heat from a few angry fans and bent like a reed in the wind, but that is really standard corporate procedure with dealing with shows of this nature. Corporations like Hasbro will avoid controversy whenever and wherever they can. This is why fandoms don't usually get major shoutouts.

Here is the latest:

As reported on Derpyhooves News; the actual article is here, take Gawker with a grain of salt overall, it doesn't have a good credibility rep with the fandom.

They don't have good rep period. Their business model is very simple (along with their other sites)... 1) Make article that is offensive or emotion provoking to people or a group. 2) Broadcast this article everywhere getting people to read the tripe by clicking their site 3) ??? 4) Profit (OK so 3 is really getting clicks for ad revenue)

The only site that has some merit (not much mind you) is LifeHacker. But even those articles are 90% from Reddit.

Seriously. I don't read Gawker or anything else from any of their properties. They have the journalism skill of a monkey. They make Fox news look talented and unbiased.

• Like 1

So Apple had nothing to do with it. Called it!

It is nice to get some real, solid information! Anypony thought of emailing Nicole Angello about this and pawing around for more info? That would be the source to go to.

Funny you should mention that. I couldn't find her name on any Hasbro Press Release... I wanted to email her, couldn't find her email address anywhere.

Edit: I found other Hasbro emails from their PR team and used their set up to contact her. And big surprise, it was rejected. I'm going to contact their Media contact information.

Funny you should mention that. I couldn't find her name on any Hasbro Press Release... I wanted to email her, couldn't find her email address anywhere.

That is interesting. I'm sure we're not the only ones to think about this. She could be an international contact, which would make her harder to contact.

I don't see why this writer would cook up info like that, but the validity of the news source is in question.

This is almost exactly the same wording I got from my contact at Hub PR today, it's legit.

Coder

I'd really like to see some of these emails... I just emailed them myself questioning the validity. If it is legit, fine, but I really wish they would have chosen a better news outlet than Gawker, who are really known for being trolls.

If what Coder says is true, the response was probably fabricated to begin with, and Gawker just happened to gain access to it first due to the timing of their article.

Any news is good news, though -- and the way it is worded is subtle defusing if I ever saw it.

If by fabricated you mean that Hasbro and Hub were coordinating a message to publicly release, then yes, it's pretty clear the the folks at the Hub were waiting for an official statement from Hasbro, since Hasbro calls the shots.

This is the straight dope folks, I've been working with this PR person at the Hub for weeks (she set me up with an interview with Jayson T last friday). It's also totally understandable, since the last thing Hasbro needs is a parent's boycott of the toys.

I'm somewhat amazed by the sense of entitlement some folks in the Brony community feel they are due. We're not the show's primary audience, and we should be on our knees in gratitude for the fact that we get the shout-outs and adult references that we do get in the show. The more we become a hassle to Hasbro, the more likely they are to turn the show into Strawberry Shortcake: The Next Generation, because it's just not worth the trouble.

Ask yourself, is that really what you want? Would you rather have no new episodes, or lousy ones, just to 'save Derpy'? If you want to be frustrated or saddened at someone (not angry, that's an emotion that should be left to Glen Beck disciples and Call of Duty trash-talkers), direct it at the culture that has become so hypersensitive to this kind of dreck. Frankly, I'm a thousand times more disappointed at the obscenity-spewing, vitriol-flinging hate-fest that portions of the Brony community have participated in over the last few weeks. We're better than that, or at least I though we were. I thought I had found a group of people who wanted to apply the idea of love and tolerance to the world. Over the last few weeks, it's looked too much like what the demographics would have you believe it is, a bunch of immature young adults and teenagers.

Love and tolerance is like freedom of speech. It's easy to love and tolerate things you agree with, or only mildly disagree with. The trick is to love and tolerate people who you don't agree with at all. I'm not Christian, or religious at all, but the idea that you have to love (in the sense of want them to get better and more happy) people who may hate or despise you isn't a bad one. It's pretty easy to call down the Windigos in what you think is righteous anger. We've been given this marvelous gift of a show, and rather than actually listen to the message it's trying to teach us, we're using it as an excuse to do the exact opposite.

Everypony needs to grow up a bit. If Derpy being called out by name was the core of your existence, and the redacting has destroyed your life, I'd like to direct you to the community mental health section of your local yellow pages. I want to enjoy this show with people who are more interested in being happy than angry. If anger is your thing, I hear 4chan is a great place to get a head of steam going. Personally, I avoid it like the plague. There's enough crap going on in the real world that makes me want to turn in my citizenship in humanity, I don't need to manufacture more over a blond background pony's name.

• Like 1

Ask yourself, is that really what you want? Would you rather have no new episodes, or lousy ones, just to 'save Derpy'? If you want to be frustrated or saddened at someone (not angry, that's an emotion that should be left to Glen Beck disciples and Call of Duty trash-talkers), direct it at the culture that has become so hypersensitive to this kind of dreck. Frankly, I'm a thousand times more disappointed at the obscenity-spewing, vitriol-flinging hate-fest that portions of the Brony community have participated in over the last few weeks. We're better than that, or at least I though we were. I thought I had found a group of people who wanted to apply the idea of love and tolerance to the world. Over the last few weeks, it's looked too much like what the demographics would have you believe it is, a bunch of immature young adults and teenagers.

Love and tolerance is like freedom of speech. It's easy to love and tolerate things you agree with, or only mildly disagree with. The trick is to love and tolerate people who you don't agree with at all. I'm not Christian, or religious at all, but the idea that you have to love (in the sense of want them to get better and more happy) people who may hate or despise you isn't a bad one. It's pretty easy to call down the Windigos in what you think is righteous anger. We've been given this marvelous gift of a show, and rather than actually listen to the message it's trying to teach us, we're using it as an excuse to do the exact opposite.

Everypony needs to grow up a bit. If Derpy being called out by name was the core of your existence, and the redacting has destroyed your life, I'd like to direct you to the community mental health section of your local yellow pages. I want to enjoy this show with people who are more interested in being happy than angry. If anger is your thing, I hear 4chan is a great place to get a head of steam going. Personally, I avoid it like the plague. There's enough crap going on in the real world that makes me want to turn in my citizenship in humanity, I don't need to manufacture more over a blond background pony's name.

My only major issue with you have said here is that projection of a "squeaky wheel" minority on to the majority of the fanbase. A majority who was content to sit back and wait and see. This whole issue only began because a few people in the community saw Derpy as an affront and flipped out, but those are the people that get noticed, the perpetually outraged. There wasn't even evidence that the parents of the target audience took any notice of Derpy at all.

So then they changed it for the Hub episode. Personally I like the voice, and there was still some *derp* to the eyes. Really they could have cut the whole scene and just shown a ruined town center as the motive, but they kept her in because she is the fandom's de facto mascot. I just felt it was poorly dubbed. Heck, I could even deal fine without her being named (originally I hoped she would never be named, or speak, but always be this silent, silly Easter egg shoutout to the fans; a private joke between the fandom and Studio B.) Oh well, I hoping they will at least keep her in future background Easter Eggs with the *derpy* eyes in future episodes.

If by fabricated you mean that Hasbro and Hub were coordinating a message to publicly release, then yes, it's pretty clear the the folks at the Hub were waiting for an official statement from Hasbro, since Hasbro calls the shots.

This is the straight dope folks, I've been working with this PR person at the Hub for weeks (she set me up with an interview with Jayson T last friday). It's also totally understandable, since the last thing Hasbro needs is a parent's boycott of the toys.

I'm somewhat amazed by the sense of entitlement some folks in the Brony community feel they are due. We're not the show's primary audience, and we should be on our knees in gratitude for the fact that we get the shout-outs and adult references that we do get in the show. The more we become a hassle to Hasbro, the more likely they are to turn the show into Strawberry Shortcake: The Next Generation, because it's just not worth the trouble.

Interesting. I'm just looking for confirmation to be honest because I don't trust Gawker. If it was almost any other news outlet I'd not have questioned it. The quote itself does seem legitimate though, which is why I contacted the Hub's PR department for confirmation.

And I agree, it is a logical choice from a business stand point, except the lack of effort on the edit. But I suppose I can live with that since I have the original. I'm more angry at the quality of the edit rather than the edit itself. I'm a stickler for quality :P (Which is why I refused to believe it was entirely Hasbro's doing) Perhaps Hasbro told the production team to do it, and THEY weren't happy with it, so they put no effort in. I've just been trying to make sense of the awful edit basically...

I actually don't mind the voice (I do wish it was less generic though). And I could care less about the name tbh. It is a fan name and should have remained as thus.

They make Fox news look talented and unbiased.

Wow... now THAT is scary...

@ Coder Brony:

You might want to review this:

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/GIFT

@ ZephyrBurst:

lol! love it, and so sadly true.

My thoughts... stick a fork in it - it's done. Honestly, I love derpy as much as everyone else, but part of me almost wishes she'd never been created because, as several people have said, this is just making it harder for StudioB/Hasbro to validate having a show like this. When the fandom that a large portion of the jokes are aimed at starts flaming, they can and have every right to just give us the finger (hoof?) and end the series as we know it and turn it back into the traditional MLP...

Not to be meme but... "This is why we cant have nice things"

Well that statement says that only the audio was modified when that isn't true - her eyes were also modified.

“The ‘My Little Pony Friendship is Magic’ series has always been about acceptance and inclusion, and the series strives to convey that through the playful antics of a diverse cast of characters,” Hasbro spokeswoman Nicole Angello told us over email. “Some viewers felt that aspects of the episode ‘The Last Roundup’ did not stay true to the core message of friendship which is the heart and soul of the series. Hasbro Studios decided to make slight audio alterations to this single episode.” - Ms.Angello to Gawker

Well that statement says that only the audio was modified when that isn't true - her eyes were also modified.

There is still derpiness in her eyes; it is hard to spot at some points due to the standard definition of the quality of the video. It seems it was lessened but not removed. It should also be stated she does appear as an Easter egg again in the next three episodes including with clearly *derped* eyes and those episodes have not been altered.