Haha, this is very true concerning the people who actually got offended by Derpy.

(video contains some swear words)

That video said it pretty perfectly (and hilariously, I'd add). About sums up my own thoughts on the matter at least.

I respect what Amy Keating Rogers said and I can definitely see where she's coming from. I'll just never agree with this decision fundamentally. It's not even really about Derpy for me but more this sentiment that the media is forced to censor itself like this. It's just not how I believe things should work.

That said, It's already been changed and anyone thinking they'll change it back after what the official statements have said is just kidding themselves. As I see it, whether were satisfied with it or not, the matter is settled. I just really hope nothing like this happens again with this show. :sleep:

I am making a topic dedicated to saving Derpy (on my board). We will not relent until the original material is back in place on iTunes and Derpy's canon status is returned - or Hasbro sells the rights to her character to us - the fans who breathed her soul into her.

They've yet to address the fact they deliberately altered her appearance and un-crossed her eyes. The fact they did that means that since her voice - her name and her eyes were changed at the same time to be less offensive means that they felt having crossed eyes is offensive. That people with disabilities are offensive.

Intentional or not. They have ripped away an innocent soul from us and if you agree with me then let's re-group on g league and try to reason over time with our brother bronies. Realize that if you join me - you are no longer brony. You are derpy and proud of it.

http://dudley.createforumhosting.com/post75727.html#p75727

I am making a topic dedicated to saving Derpy (on my board). We will not relent until the original material is back in place on iTunes and Derpy's canon status is returned - or Hasbro sells the rights to her character to us - the fans who breathed her soul into her.

They've yet to address the fact they deliberately altered her appearance and un-crossed her eyes. The fact they did that means that since her voice - her name and her eyes were changed at the same time to be less offensive means that they felt having crossed eyes is offensive. That people with disabilities are offensive.

Intentional or not. They have ripped away an innocent soul from us and if you agree with me then let's re-group on g league and try to reason over time with our brother bronies. Realize that if you join me - you are no longer brony. You are derpy and proud of it.

http://dudley.create...727.html#p75727

While I understand your frustration, and your thoughts on the matter are hardly irrelevant, I personally think that maybe it would be wise to step back and really think about the best way to handle this. Is demanding a revert of the character going to do anything for the community, or for Derpy? If you think it is, go right on ahead, but I think all that energy and bravado could be put to a much more eloquent and classy use.

I do not think Hasbro changed Derpy to hide her, or because she was offensive. It's because they care about their community and want to make sure everyone is happy and comfortable with the content they produce. I suggest you read the response by the writer of the episode (posted earlier in this thread) if you haven't already. It should give you some insight into the entire process that took place before they decided to alter Derpy; it was not a knee jerk reaction or an attempt to hide away Derpy.

I think that if you really do appreciate the character -- and the community as a whole -- you'll do a better service by showing that you can understand and tolerate things that happen you may not agree with. There's another season in the works, and plenty of opportunities for FiM to reach out to us, to captivate us, surprise us, and inspire us. Don't let the opening minute of a single episode dictate what the cartoon is to you.

I left the topic open in hopes that we could continue without the recrimination from both sides that has marked this debate.

There's nothing left to say that hasn't been said, and this discussion offers no further opportunity for constructive dialogue.

Topic locked.