Question

Prince Avalanche

in the straightest sense of the word, would include all MLP, but it was FiM which saw the popularity boom... is pretty much up to the user imo.

i for one cant digest any of the older MLPs, for example, so for me brony is that one who enjoys FiM, not caring bout the rest.

BlackFang has it right. The world "Brony" didn't seem to exist before FiM. The word came about because of this version of the show, but there's no reason it can't apply to past generations. Generally, the older generations were centered around girls, therefore there don't seem to be a lot of male fans of those series.

There's quite a few lady-types that use brony as well; it just seems easier than bronette

yeah... bronies also includes girls out of the target age group who like MLP FiM

There doesn't seem to be an exact definition, but best one I can see is that a Brony is: A fan (guy or gal) of the Friendship In Magic series who is not part of the target demographic. This usually means adult fans, but can be expanded to include teenagers.

• 4 years later...