How did you become a Brony?

BRONYBUSCUS

I'm sorry if there is another topic somewhere else like this, I couldn't find it and i just want to hear everyone else's story on how they came to be a brony.

My story is that I saw a Commercial for it on Nickelodeon a couple months ago and tried to get my brother to watch it with me. after that i kind of just let it go, but about a month ago i was on youtube and saw Fluttershy's "YOU WILL LOVE ME!" Sparta remix and i couldn't help but watch it after seeing that adorable little pony! so i busted through all the episodes in about a week and now i cant get enough of it! :D

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well for me, I was watching it with my young cousin who is about 7 or so. She was really into the show and knew everypony by name, I was so entranced by the show that I went and watched it on Youtube from start to finish! and then BAM here I am today. A dire-hard Pony!

Well first I found a magical little place called my little Brony it has pony memes and stuff I thought it was funny but I didn't get most of the refrenses so I watched the show and a Brony was born.

I love my little Brony! but i found it after I watched four or five episodes so i still didnt get the Derpy references until the other day when i finally saw her old episode and then heard her new voice

Well I first started seeing MLP art on Deviant Art. Then I watched Winter Wrap Up on TV. I was hooked with the first episode I watched and started watching the rest. The rest is history.

Ok before I answer: I'm a My little pony fan fan since 25th of February 2007 and active pony fan and pony community member of the My little Pony Arena forum since 1st January 2008 so is that mean I'm a brony for 5-6 years or only the time counts since the FIM started?

Ok before I answer: I'm a My little pony fan fan since 25th of February 2007 and active pony fan and pony community member of the My little Pony Arena forum since 1st January 2008 so is that mean I'm a brony for 5-6 years or only the time counts since the FIM started?

I would count before FIM started :)

You might not believe it, but I first became a brony at 6 years old with the purchase of my first MLP G3 Coloring and Activity book. Now I have a couple from G3.5 and G4, not to mention 4 G1 toys, 2 G4 toys, 1 FiM McDonalds RD, 1 Earth Pony plushie, and 1 Unicorn plushie. That doesn't include the ponies I'm getting from my aunt!

Well I wasd just browsering the web on the 25th of Feb. in 2007 (I know vell it becausse 25th of Feb. is my little brother's birthday) and I was just looking for free online games than somehow I was transfered to Hasbro's offical My little pony site. Later that night I started to looking for My little pony pictures and than I found an Offical Pictures topic on the My little pony Arena and I started to follow that topic even I wasn't registered to the forum. The things afther just followed each oither.

I started to watching MLP videos youtube I found the Deviant Art and a huge MLP fanfiction serie called My little pony Tales Worlds apart

I registered to the My little pony Arena forum on the 1st of Jan. in 2008 and I'm an active Brony since than.

I believe there was another thread like this but it just got burried. I became a brony thru another forum that I used to visit. It was a video gaming forum and there were trolls posting pony memes all over. I got curious enough that I did some research about it and found the fan-made videos on youtube. So, I started watching the first episode... and that's where it began. ^_^

As for me, I saw pony related memes pop up all over the place which got me curious. The pony fandom was spreading all over the place on another website I frequent and I just had to know what it was all about. I was a little skeptical once I saw that the show was rated "Y" and was thinking to myself, "the internet is getting hyped over a kiddie show?" I never even paid attention to the earlier generations of MLP as well. I gave it a shot anyway and found myself getting more interested in it after I watched the first couple episodes. After that, I couldnt get enough of it. You should have seen me when I first discovered that one of our tv's gets the hub network. I was a happy happy pegasister.

Even by the time I was done with season one and had to wait for season two, I was not a brony since I wasn't really following any fan content. But in November, I was bored and randomly googled My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic to see how truly popular this show is among dudes where I found a whole bunch of videos on Knowyourmeme.com. After watching those video samples, that's when I began following Equestria Daily everyday, thus making me a super obsessed brony. :)

How did I become a brony hmmmm. Well I was looking a team fortress 2 pictures then all of Swidden I see team "foultress" 2 so I looked at the picture and I was like WOW then I started looking at more pony related pictures and more and more until

I decided to actualy watch the show so I went on YouTube (on the weekend) and started waching all of season 1 and when I was about to start on season 2 I realized that I used most of my day waching mlp videos so I started to become a fan and started looking at mlp websites so I became a brony or well at least my little pony fan but I prefer "brony"

Archived