How did you become a Brony?

BRONYBUSCUS

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Whoah calm it's not another how did you become a brony.Let's delve deep into your mind and swim threw the currents of your MLP FIM section.We all love the show and (I hope) that we started with the first episode.Now while we are in your mind we will find your memory of the first episode and let's see your favorite parts which might have got you hooked.I think it was spike getting beat on at the start I naturally thought it was funny so I didn't immediatly turn away.Then it ended in a cliffhanger (I like those!) so I had to see what happened next. Now with in example what got you hooked?

Ever since I was a little kid, I have had this undying love for unicorns. So I was immediately interested after seeing pictures of the characters. I thought the art was adoreable so I really wanted to check it out. I have been hooked ever since.

It was a combination of the animation and the characters.

The animation was so nice and inviting to look at that it made me want to keep watching more. And when I did watch more, I quickly started to fall in love with the characters. That's what got me completely hooked.

I really like kids shows regardless of quality (because the bad ones are fun to make fun of), so what hooked me had nothing to do with the show. I was bored while doing homework, so I decided to google my little pony to see if I could find some good desktop art. I came across forums discussing politics and social standing in equestria. I really wanted to know more about the stuff that the fandom came up with, so I stuck with FiM, when I normally would've gotten bored after a month or two.

Well, two things...

First, the very first thing that hooked me was meeting Rainbow Dash. That made sure I couldnt stop watching.

Second, while I was *liking* the show, I wasn't *loving* it... not untill Winter Wrap Up. At that point I started LOVING it and became an out-and-out brony (I'm a sucker for well-done musicals)

Well there are several factors for me, firstly the characters.

While the characters in FiM have been done to death its now they are portrayed that makes the difference here.

Take for example Twilight Sparkle, who serves are the teams nerd but also its leader you dont see that kind of thing that often as the atypical nerd always gets shoved to the side.

I also like the lampshading this series does, its cleaver and it makes you realize its a fun show.

To be honest there is nothing new that FiM brings to the table however its how its made and catered is where it shines.

i became a brony thanks to the apple.vid, that the guy hotdigitydemon.com or somthing he was called made, then i thought id do some reaserch into mlp. first episode i watched was when Rainbow Dash gets hospitalized with the sprained wing, then i got hooked !

best show ever,

first i had my doubts about the singing and girly-ness that i first thought it sucked, then i watched more of season 1 and fell in love with it.!!

I got into it by the music brony's tend to make, mainly Rainbow Factory. Then I decided to give it a chance and loved it since then.

Just went and listened to that on youtube. I now know my evening will be spent looking up pony music instead of writing my lab report :/

How I became a Brony, wow I haven't actually given thought to that. I would have to say it started with my friends (females) were talking about it and how funny it was regardless of it being for "little kids." Still, I ignored it for awhile and just tuned it out when the subject got brought up but when I thought about it the more I wanted to know what the big deal was. Unable to have time to sit and watch all the episodes I could, I didn't get to understand, but over a Thanksgiving break, I was able to watch the show and found it to be funny and in general fun to watch. I started to become more and more of a fan by the various art work I found and amvs on youtube that made me laugh. That's how I came to be a Brony.

• 4 months later...

I made this thread to hear how YOU, yes YOU; became a brony. I'm hoping for more than just "Watched one episode, and I was hooked". But nopony is forcing anypony to do anything.

I'll start:

T'was a sunny day in the Okanagan, and a hot one at that. I was pretty bored, didn't want to play any of my games, didn't want to listen to any of my music, and Celestia forbid me going outside. So I decided to head over to my friends, who isn't a "real" brony; in a sense that he doesn't watch the show. He only like FiM because it ticks other people off. (Yea, he's somewhat of a "troll") So we decided to go to our youth center (for computer access) cause we were both bored. So when my friend got on he immediately went to facebook and clicked on a pony page. He's done this many times already so I finally asked "Why do you like MLP?", and he answered the aforementioned reason. Unfortunately this wasn't enough to spark my curiousity enough to watch it. Little did I know I was going to watch it that day anyways, because when we got home it was on TV. My friend immediately went to that channel with no hesitation. I'm not one to usually complain. so I decided to watch it anyways to cure my curiousity. The episodes that were on that night was "Friendship is Magic Part 1" "Swarm of the Century" "Boast Busters" "Fall Weather Friends" and "Friendship is Magic Part 2" Now myself being a series finatic, couldn't live without seeing FiM part 2. After I seen all of those episodes, I couldn't live without seeing all of the other episodes. I wanted to see more of these characters, as they weren't cardboard cutouts/stereotypes. I wanted to see how they developed and how the story developed. I found myself infatuated with this show, and in the end accepting that I became a brony.

Well that's my story, now I want to hear yours! :)

Note:I apologize if this thread has already been made, I checked if a similar thread has already been made and didn't find any.

Actually I was role playing on an MMO I used to play. We had a very tight nit RP community, and it was really the only reason I played the game still (for 5 years even!).

Some of the other players were bronies, so they were watching a few episodes on the groups base's TV (they synched up youtube videos alt tabbed and commented in character).

I wasn't interested at all, but of course they roped my character in so my devotion to character continuity made me watch "Dragonshy" then "A dog and pony show".

Everyone else went to bed for the night shortly after... I stayed up and watched half of season 1 one in one sitting.

Here I am!

My friend's DnD group. Daniel, I think, he said "Oh hey did, check it out, there's this new My little Pony show, and it's REAAAALLY good." And I was just getting ready to flip my..uh..manure and say how bad today's cartoons are, and he was like "Whoah man, I kid you not bro, this stuff right here? Legit." So I watched it, and a few more episodes...and then I COULDN'T STOP!

It was during a vacation with my best bud last winter, we were in Europe. On some occasions between tourist sites he and I would have our usual 'make up random funny stuff' sessions, and it just so happened that I was trying to convert him into a fan of Touhou and Madoka. Well he was a brony since summer of 2011, and soon My Little Pony found itself thrown into the whole shebang. We came up with a fusion of MLP, WoW, Touhou, and Madoka; which was actually not badly done because my friend was able to keep me from ruining any of the elements of MLP we used. When I got back I was like 'eh', and watched the series. And I've been brony ever since. Incidentally, my friend has yet to complete Madoka or play a Touhou game. So I guess he got the better of me this time.

• 1 month later...

I had no idea that bronies even existed at first, then on the youtubes somepony explained to me what it was, my friend from the total miner forums urged me to watch it, I agreed after the first episodes I found myself watching every episode in 2 days, I never thought I would be watching a show about magical talking ponies learning about friendship but, its a really great show.

Archived