How did you become a Brony?

BRONYBUSCUS

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If someone Asked me if I was a brony back in 1992 I would of said no since My Little Pony Tales sucked so much but I watched it anyhow since I had nothing better to do than to kill my little to no brain cells I had back than. But than nineteen years later in the summer of 2011 I joined a Land Before Time Forum and while I was on that forum I found a My Little Pony Friendship Is Magic topic so I thought why not so I posted in it asked a few questions and I thought okay I will one episode and see if I like it. I watched the first two and I was like wow not bad. I watched the next two the next day and I loved those. And than I watched season one on youtube and than season 2 and hear I am today a full brony and proud.

It all started one fine day on the interwebs. I was browsing pictures on the ICanhascheezburger website, when I stumbled upon te "My Little Brony" tab. I had heard of the show of course, and has always wondered what the big deal was. So, being a curious young mare, I clicked on the link and started browsing, figuring I'd only look at a few pages.

64 pages of brony memes and posts later, I realized something had to be done. Venturing over to youtube I would start watching the episodes in rapid succession, quickly falling in love with every character I came across. I've even tracked down episodes from G1 and watched them. I never considered myself a brony, nor really thought about the title until I was with a friend of mine who happened to be a brony. Somehow or another I just burst into singing the MLP:FiM themesong. My friend joined in and proceeded to "bro hoof" me, welcoming me to the herd as a fellow brony. :)

• 2 weeks later...

I actually only became a brony today :-o

I was playing this game called Transformice (not that any of you probably care xD) and I was in this room full of people talking about MLP, and then some random person said 'Hey flowuhrs who's your favourite pony?' xD I obviously hadn't watched it yet, so I said 'Oh, I don't watch it' and then they made me watch it, and I really enjoyed it, plus the fandom seems really nice, unlike other cartoon fandoms, so yeah. A brony was born, right now.

One of my friends from school bought and still wears a Rainbow Dash hoodie. This thing has ears, rainbow mane and wings. I admired his willingness to stand up for something he loved and so I ventured to youtube. So many videos later.... I was super impressed with how cool it all looked. Thus I went to my Netflix account and about two and a half weeks later, every current episode was watched and I guess I will be a brony as long as I live! That may seem to be a while, I might not always be super diligent, but there will be a place in my heart for MLP: FIM.

For me. It's a very long story. ok not really. But hey. It's long for me ok? xD

Anyway. It all started when I saw abunch of my old RP friends starting in to it. At first i was like. "What the hell is this? and invasion? A conversion?" For along Time I kept seeing that same Rainbow Dash Icon in my friends IM everytime we talked. She tried a couple times to get me in to it just by asking. "There's no way I'm getting involved in a fad."

With that said I began to sort of resent my friend and other MLP roleplayers. Not my best admition but hey, I have to tell the truth. It wasn't till a few months later that she send me the link to the Season 2 Ending saying. "you gotta see this it's so amazing." At first I sighed but I watched it. The first few minutes were charming. then ofcourse the intro played. The first few seconds I was like. "yup saw that coming." But then the beat kicked in and totally blew my mind. And it continued to do so through out both episodes.

I didn't want to believe that i'd really been missing out. So I watch Season 1 ep 1 and have been locked in since. I was missing out. and I trully felt horible for the way I acted. I appologized the same day to my friend thought she didn't even notice apperently. :blush: I didn't officially become completely in to the series until I began to see various Brony videos, chats, dedication, all that jazz.

One in particular was called Ballad of the Brony. It was really amazing to see how far the series had come. what it was before, and what brony's REALLY were.

In the beginning all I saw was the "manbaby" propaganda. So i didn't really know what to believe. But after that presentation I was locked in for life. Love and Tollerence for everypony. :D

My story is pretty funny, so I saw a video on ifunny, which if you don't know is a app that post funny pictures like memes and suck and I saw a video on there of a parody animation. I started to fall in love with this youtuber and loved his work, but later his series of it was quiet short so I ignored the ponys for a while. After a few weeks, I started seeing tons of references, brony's, memes, and such and I just got netflix. Once I activated the account, Mlp Fim popped up as top grossing and I said, "Why not" then after completely watching the series over the coarse of a week I fell in love with it, though I am so upsesed with it and it is annoying how i am because I cannot focuse in school, if anyone else is having this problem and you fixed please answer!?, Thanks and I have been trying to spreed the brony love in my school and it's not working out so well but I don't care what non-bronys think because this is the best show I ever watched, I mean have you seen the 13th episode of season 3? Holy **** it's amazing!! but thanks for listening guys if you could respond to this that would be great and I would love to chat with some fellow brony(s)!!!

P.S- sorry for any spelling errors, i am really bad at it lol

• 2 weeks later...

I really kind of watched when I was sick. :green:

And I thought it was stupid beyond comprehension. Boy... Was I wrong... :(

One sick day, I was laying on my bed, browsing through Netflix. Bored out of my mind, I saw 'My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic'.

"Pfft... Ponies." I said.

I then decided to skip over it before I thought twice.

"I'll... give it a try... Besides, why not?

*after first episode*

"****, the animation and voice acting is very good! I'ma keep watching!"

*after Season 1*

"What the hell was I doing ignoring this?! I need this!"

And that was just a few months ago.

I was pushed back by watching because my brother HATES animation shows with a passion. Before 'My Little Pony', I would suggest 'Adventure Time' to my brother.

He says that it was a show made from morphine/cocaine/marijuana addicts. And so the hateful comments proceeded.

A few months after that, I decided to give 'My Little Pony' a try on YouTube. As I began to watch it, I wasn't that very accepting somehow. The fact my brother barging in to insult didn't help either.

If I just ask him to watch the beginning and all, he'll say very vulgar things and maybe assault me.

"Why the (begins with 'f' word) do you watch this? It's bull****!"

"Look man, give it a try!" I would say.

"I already did!!"

To him, a few seconds of the intro is watching enough.

That's something people should think about. Why not give it a try first before you hate/love on it? I do respect ponies' opinions on the fandom and all, but all out lashing is just taking it a bit too far.

Back in 2010, I saw this flash animation on Newgrounds about these grown men beating up a little girl over a MLP toy. After seeing that, I laughed at the idea of men loving ponies.

During the summer of 2012, I was invited to a sleepover by friends whom I had absolutely no idea were bronies. Seeing as to how those five friends chose their favorite ponies, I was left to 'love' the whiny one, Rarity. Not knowing much about ponies, I simply accepted my fate. After all, I did love the colours white and purple.

Before I even saw the show, I was introduced to the Pony.mov series and the 'Cupcake' fanfic, which admittedly, probably isn't the best way to love a series. ^^;

One of those friends finally showed me the show at his house in September and I saw a few of the episodes. I thought they were pretty okay. When I got home, I decided to continue and watch 'Look Before you Sleep'. At that instant, I became hooked and watched all 52 episodes on Netflix straight.

With each episode, I increasingly became attached to Rarity. (with the exception of 'Sonic Rainboom', absolutely hated her on that episode)

I then came across 'Ask Lil Miss Rarity' and my fate was sealed. I became an official brony.

For a show that was able to make me feel multiple of emotions, I'm glad I got into it.

It started when I got curious and started watching the show. It then grew to me making fanart and obsessing over background characters. I like to be called a brony and not a pegasuster because I have always reffered to myself as a brony. Well I guess that's my story.

i became a brony because of my EX-girlfriend, i saw her watching it on her computer in her house... and of course at first i was like WTF is the. i didnt watch it at that point, but then on a fate filled night i was browsing through "netflix" and by accident i clicked on it, for some reason i didnt just exit out of it, and after a few minets of the first episode i was hooked on it.

I can't even remember how I found the fandom.. I remember SOMEHOW watching the show when it was back in season 1 and thinking something was mentally wrong with me. I kept watching and essentially craving the show.. yet I was unsure about it and felt really uncomfortable. Some small time later I looked up articles on WHY guys MIGHT like the show and someone had an article about it. It was conforting that some other guy watched the show but it didn't but my discomfort to rest. Finally, I ended up seeing a video entitled "Bronies watch" with an episode from the show following. I remember the episode of the show being the episode when we first see Rarity's parents. I had never heard of bronies so I believed it was a YouTube group or something. SOMEHOW overtime I discovered what bronies were and discovered upon thurther investigation that there were thousands of guys just like me watching the show. Now THAT put my discomfort to rest. And from then on, having watched the entire season I considered myself an official brony. TIme passed, I met brony friends and here I am now. (I just found this place too so hopefully I can make some new friends over here) :)

I became a Brony about a few years ago.

I was very sad nearly ALL the time, going nowhere but down... Then I saw an Episode of MLP: Hurricane Fluttershy :blush:

After watching it, I felt Happy, a little Naive, but Really Happy! So I watched Another Episode: Sonic Rainboom. Then Another: Griffon the Brush Off!

After that, I thought "Hey! This show ROCKS!!"

I was Enthralled in the show afterwards, and when I heard about the Brony fandom, I was curious.

So to gain more Info on Bronies, I watched a Very Informative Video on Youtube: Ballad of the Brony! by Saberspark. After finishing it, I fell head over heels for the Show, the Fandom, AND EVERYTHING else, and Became a Brony soon after!

I Love MLP, and I also love my fellow Bronies and Pegasisters! /) ~ (\

:Celest: ~Raz :Luna:

I tend to hide the title as I don't tend to get into weird stuff because I'm too shy about this. But never mind, I accepted the strong fandom since early 2012. But originally is 1988 when G1 was released, sadly, I was more on Glo Friends that time (Darn, can't find any episodes to watch, uber-rare now I guess), hopefully someone here also appreciates G1 too, Fizzy is my #1 favorite.

My best friend became a brony, and told me he was a brony. I didn't think much of it. The most I had even seen that was brony anything was Memebase's "My Little Brony", a site I never went to. A month or so passed, and I became curious of what was on MLB. I took a look one fateful night, and while some of it was funny, I just didn't understand what I was reading. I was bored, so I decided to watch the first episode so I could better understand the jokes being made. After I watched the first one, I had to watch the second one, can't just watch one-half of an episode. From there it became history. I don't know if my love for children's cartoons influenced me or not, but after more than a year of being a brony I still remember that one boring and eventful night.

hmmm..... i was a big fan of creepypastas, and i stumbled along a reading of a certain fanfic that i dont think i need to name. i loved it, but i didnt think anything about the show. just the hilarious thing i just heard. later that month, i watched a couple of the .MOV series. i loved them to. i decided to look more into these characters i found out about the new mlp series and also about the brony population. i was pretty open minded for stuff like this, but i wasnt quite convinced. then i saw pbsideachannels's video about bronies, and decided to give it a watch....... i loved it.

I became a brony because of YouTube, like many countless others. But my first experience was the most typical of all haters. "Eww what the hell is this girly stuff". After a month however, a clinging memory drew me to watching the show. The rest is history.

I wasn't because of me being in the time when I don't watch TV shows very often, I mistaken G4 for the G3 series, and by the time the fanarts showing up, yeap, time to join in the herd. And we must ponify everything! It all began in early 2012. But I'm secretly much earlier a bit during the late 80s, easy, it's because I grew up with G1.

Archived