How did you become a Brony?

BRONYBUSCUS

One of my friends at school was a Brony, although he did not pressure me to watch it. I had, however, watched a parody that I found rather funny, and finally, with much apprehension, decided to watch the first episode. I could not stomach the intro, nor any of the songs, so I skipped them. The first few episodes I watched in the Steam Overlay in game.

However, when it came to Winter Wrap Up, I decided not to skip the song. I'm glad I didn't, as it became my first favourite song from MLP. From then on, I watched many episodes, until I caught up to Season 2, which was still being made at the time. Thus, I was a Brony.

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That was a beginning of my personal variation of 'The Dark Ages' looking back at it, but basically, I hooked up on this show around the half of Season 1 and it was just the best drug ever. I made a cringeworthy OC, stepped up for the fandom without even seeing what was going on, thought Cupcakes is the best fanfic ever, browsed Equestria Daily daily and more embarassing things I'd prefer not to bring up here.

I think my real enlightment happened when I put down the 'brony' label and when I saw the true colors of both the show and the fandom.

• 2 months later...

Little by little, I had not thought of myself as a brony since it was looked down upon by others. But as I watched episodes, I came to understand and like it. It had it ups and downs, but I have felt happier since.

post-5578-0-29388900-1437269701.png

At first I was annoyed by Pinkie's antics, but the more I watched, the better I related to her more. She had my ability to make people laugh and smile, and something else I wanted to or couldn't have; Friends I never had in real life. But I made friends with others online, and we have become close. So now i'm a big fan of her now.

mlp___fim__fluttershy_no_1_by_sileresp-d

Now the first I ever became a fan of, was Fluttershy. She seemed to have the shyness I displayed whenever I met anyone, and also the temperament I also possessed. So I fell in love with her right away, though I have found myself less like her now; that doesn't change the fact that I still have love for her character.

Oh boy! Short Story time!! 

back when i was a Sophomore in High school i thought negatively of MLP, up untill my best friend, a stranger to me at the time, had asked me to give the show a try. So i went home that day and watched about half of the first season that day. i grew to like it relatively fast and holding long conversations with a group of people who all watched the show on a regular basis.

Just remember. RD is still best pone, because rainbows. :RDash:

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Huh.  I haven't posted here yet.  

I fell in love with it in G3 (I wasn't alive yet for the other generations), and it was my childhood TV show that I adored.  I still have my G3 Rainbow Dash :).  I kinda fell from it after a few years, as it was more of a "I like to watch it" rather than a "IhavetowatchiteveryweekIloveitsomuch".  Seriously-I was a kid.  And the only way I saw the episodes was via DVD at the local public library.  And the library didn't have a lot of them.  So...I basically watched them all, then forgot about it for a few years.  I was a fan of LPS since it began to run as a show, and downloaded the game.  The MLP game was a suggested download, and I thought "If the LPS game ha a companion TV show, then maybe my childhood favourite MLP might have one too!"  I was right.  It was mid-season 3 then, and I instantly caught up and rejoined the beloved fandom.  I was hyped.  I was happy.  I was back into my fandom family :).  I began writing fanfiction when I became legally allowed to join online forums (ya know, the age limit thing), and joined Canterlot around a year or so .  Yep!

• 4 weeks later...

Short version: Youtube

Long version: I was watching the MLP reviews of Mr. Enter, i thought it was interesting, watched the first episode with the Brazillian dub....... that was a mistake, the Brazillian is really bad. Then, i discovered Silver Quill and decided to give the show another chance, this time with the original dub, i loved it.

• 2 months later...

I was into collecting the gen3 figures and when I finally heard there was a new show, with awesome animation I unsobered myself (yes that's pg13) and checked out the first episode. I will admit I've only been a brony for two years but the timing in which I fell in love with it makes it special. It really helped me through very dark and lonely times and was something I loved on my own  independently, not because "everyone else" was watching it, it's become more than just a cartoon for me :kissy:

• 4 weeks later...

My story isn't very interesting. I noticed a lot of controversy over the new MLP, figured I'd try it out to see what side I'm on, and decided it wasn't awful after watching the first two episodes. Pretty simple I guess. I skipped a lot of episodes that I thought would be too 'girly' for my tastes but went back and watched them eventually. The show is pretty good about not being unbearably girly. I'm rather feminine myself but I'm not a fan of stereotypical girl level girly.

I got into it through Turnabout Storm. Got me interested in the characters. So, I sarted looking at the fan content, and eventually the show itself.

Funny thing is, I've been reading my friend's pony fanfic for a while at that point, though I didn't have an interest in the show yet. He showed me two eps for reference and such. At the time, I saw the appeal, but I said it wasn't for me.

And here I am, Knee Deep in the Pone.

Archived