[Ponyville] A Date... With DOOM!! [Open][ENDED]

Cinnamon

As Oppen Stein walked into Sugar Cube Corner, she began to mentally recount the events of this afternoon. She'd been delivering medicine to the local hospital when Dark Core tripped her, causing her to spill modified Poison Joke serum all over herself, turning her into a filly. After a futile and rather confusing kidnapping attempt, DC left behind a list of "Fillies That I Have A Crush On", to which Oppen's name had been added shortly after the accident (or "accident", depending on what theory a pony decides to believe). After being teased mercilessly by Cinnamon and Inkwell, they discovered that a batch of OS's serum had been stolen by DC. While the original plan was to have somepony taunt Dark Core to distract him, Cinnamon made a disturbingly compelling argument:

"...maybe a better distraction would be to have Oppen flirt with DC... That way, DC won't feel the need to splash anypony else, and we can get the chemicals out safely! I mean, if I taunt him, he might just splash me, and that would give us away if we tried to grab the chemicals while he was using them. We'll need to fix up your hair first, though. Y'know, to make the ruse more effective."

One quick makeover (courtesy of Glitzen Glamour) later, "Oppette" went down to Dark Core's lair to flirt, kiss, and then ask him to dinner, giving Inkwell and Cinnamon plenty of time to retrieve the stolen serum. So here they were; down at Sugar Cube Corner, ready to order dinner. Oppette would say that this was her most nervous date ever, but seeing as how she'd never dated anypony at all before, that wouldn't be saying much...

Trotting up the the counter with her date, Oppette called over Mrs. Cake, "A plate of vanilla cupcakes for me." Turning to Dark Core and smiling, she asked, "What do you want, cutie?"

This would definitely be a night for her to remember.

This was a strange day that just kept getting stranger, not that DC was complaining, not only did he get to get some snack, he got to go on a date with a cute filly, even if it WAS only temporary, "Uhh...Some raspberry muffins for me thanks..." the colt said nervous out of his mind, sure this was probably all a ruse to get something out of him, but he didn't care, never pass up a free gift really, "So uhm...What...uhh...What kind of science do you do exactly?" Dark said nervously, not knowing what else to talk about, he was 80% sure Oppen REALLY didn't want to be here, but may as well make the most of it...

Oppette thought about her various experiments. "Eh, I dabble quite a bit. Mostly I work with chemicals, though. For example, I've developed a special pesticide for getting rid of Parasprites. It needs to be applied manually, though, so it's not as effective as I'd like. I've been considering breeding some sort of plant that we could seed along the border of the Everfree Forest to eat the parasprites. That, or some sort of airborne variant of the pesticide."

The food arrived. Oppette took a bite out of a cupcake, trying her best to be dainty about it, then asked, "So, what do you think would be best?"

"Well there's problems with both approaches you'd have to worry about" Dark said taking a nice bite out of the muffing, "Young young kids tend to chew on random things as they're teething so we wouldn't want them to wander off somehow and find the plant, and if it's airborne it could cause problems with the weather team...Though it would be funny to watch a Pegasus or two fly through a pesticide filled cloud then just DROP! Hehehehehhe" he said as he thought of the sight, oh how funny it would be, he wasn't one for hurting kids though, even villains have standereds, "I suppose airborne would be the "safest" bet, but then again, what do I care for safety?" DC said taking another bite out of the muffin.

"The pesticide hasn't been proven to affect anything other than parasprites, but you have a point. I should probably test both methods in a controlled environment to see what works better, and make sure they're not too dangerous." Oppette continued eating her cupcakes, "So... pull any good heists lately?"

"Well...not really, I have a few in planning, kidnapping, theft, that sort of thing" Dark said taken aback a little, no one really ever asked about his plots, more ponies just scoffed or thwarted or threw apples, apples hurt, "Nothing too large scale yet, world domination needs subtle steps, can't just go around willy nilly demanding to rule the world, it takes cunning." he said with a smile, now DC isn't known much for his cunning, but he is persistent, speaking in a hushed tone he began to speak, "One of my plans involves sneaking in here and replacing ingredients, gonna make those baked GOODS, baked BADS, heheheh..." he wasn't sure why he said that, too late now though, at least if word got out he knew who to blame.

"D-d-d-did you just call me sweetie?..." he said breaking into a nervous sweat, why did he always do that, villains are supposed be tough, emotionless and ruthless, yet here he was shaking like a leaf on a tree, "I...uhh..Oh the uh...the apothecary, I'm sure that's interesting..." Dark stammered making a mental note to sometime scout the place out for anything worth taking, "I'm sure with time business will boom....figuratively speaking.

"Heheh, might have to spruce up my lair like that!" Dark chuckled, "Wow...she's got a cute laugh" he thought to himself for a moment, before mentally slapping himself "GAH what am I thinking! It's a shtick, a hoax, she doesn't really care...oh well, may as well milk it for all it's worth...she is kinda cute though."

"So what else do you like doing, besides the science?" Dark asked, not knowing he was still blushing.

"Well, I do play Hydras & Hippogriffs occasionally, but I haven't had a lot of time for that with all the work I've been doing lately. I really need to schedule more free time." Oppette smiled.

He's kinda dreamy... she thought, before mentally stopping herself. Get ahold of yourself, Oppette- Opella- Oppi- STEIN! It's just a ruse, remember? You're not really a colt- stallion- GAH! Just get through this date without losing your cool, and then go home and make some antidote.

He is kinda dreamy, though.

I SAID STOP IT!

What? He is!

Oppette found herself swooning a bit.

"No way! I used to play that all the time back in Stall....Err, back home." Dark said, almost spilling the beans about where he was from, if that got out people could bug his parents to come to visit, "I've not played in a while though, since leaving, my old character got burnt up by our dungeon master on 'accident'" he said scoffing, just because he won an nice amulet that the DM's sister could have used he had to go and torch his character, "Believe it or not I played a Paladin..."

"Man...smart AND likes stuff I like..." he thought again, "DAGNABBIT STOP THAT! It's not real you foal!" slapping himself mentally again, "Maybe sometime when we're not both busy we could roll up some new characters?" he said blushing, "WHAAAAAAT?! WHAT DID I JUST SAY?! Fraternizing with the ENEMY! WHAT IS WRONG WITH ME?!..."

"Heh, I tried playing a wizard once, I'm more of a rush headlong into a crowd kind of player heheh" he said chuckling, what harm could a game or two do really, if anything it could give him ideas on how to take care of any pesky 'heroes' that tired to thwart his plans, "So, now that we've finished eating, what do you wanna do?" Dark asked, not sure why he was being friendly to Oppen, he was SURE that he had an ulterior motive, "Where are the others that were with him anyway, Cinnamon, Inkwell and that yellow bard, what was his name? Oh well no matter." he thought to himself.

Ugh, what am I doing?! she wondered to herself, This date is spiraling out of control. I need to think of something before I make things even worse...

"Well..." Oppette pondered, "Hey! You're a unicorn, right? Maybe you could summon some gaming books and we could work on characters? I mean, we'd need to get a group together, and find somepony to GM... d'you know anypony else who plays H&H? I have a friend who might be able to run the game."

GAH! That didn't help!

Calm down, you silly filly. You're on a date with the colt of your dreams; he's smart, cool, likes tabletop, and he's hot!

...Where did THAT come from?

"Hmm, well...most ponies in town chase me away so no, as for getting books, I can try, I mean, my magic forte is more making force fields and shields but, it's worth a try!" Dark said as he closed his eyes, focusing on some books he had back home, it was a long shot, but he was willing to try, white wisps of magic undulated around his horn for a few moments and then with a POOF, the books were there on the table, "Ooof...that took a lot out of me" he said, catching himself as he was about to fall, "That should be all of them, wow that made me light headed..." he was used to teleporting a thing or two from a few hundred feet away, but never all the way from Stalliongrad.

"Cool! So, let's get started..." Oppette smiled and pulled out a character sheet. "I think I'll play a sorcerer this time. Y'know, for a bit of a change of pace." She picked up a pencil and tapped it lightly against the table. "Hm, name, name, what should I choose for a name..."

"Heh I always had troubles with names, I named my Paladin after my real name...OPH!" Dark said covering his mouth, why did he say that, he NEVER says anything about his real name, "I uh...I might as well roll another Paladin..." he said before thinking, "I just keep digging myself deeper don't I?...In for a penny in for a pound they say." grabbing a character sheet, Dark began filling out information, trying to avoid the name until the last second.

"What's a good name for a sorcerer..." Oppette wondered. "...Wait, I've got it!" In the name slot, she wrote, "the Great and Powerful Trixie".

"...Trixie was always one of Cinnamon's favorite performers. Back when we were foals, she'd constantly be raving about how awesome Trixie's magic was. She said it was Trixie that inspired her to start adventuring. I guess the name fits, then!" She giggled.

...Did I just bring up my childhood?! Oh Celestia, he probably thinks I'm some sort of nutjob for wanting to go out with him!

So what? Since when do I care about what some colt thinks of me?

Uh, wake up and smell the cookies! You're a complete recluse! A shut-in! It's about time you started caring!

But...

No! You just sit there and keep writing up that character so you can play H&H with your coltfriend!

..."Coltfriend?" What is wrong with me today?

"Hmm, I think I remember my sister talking about her at one point, it sounds familier" he said smiling, "OH FOR THE LOVE OF LUNA! What is up with me today, first I about let slip where I'm from, then I about blurt out my real name, NOW I'm talking about my family...What's next, ratting myself out on my dye job? UGH!" he thought to himself, "She probably thinks I'm insane, well...I AM evil so I guess I am a little insane...What am I thinking, soon as he gets himself cured it won't matter, she'll go back to the apothecary and...I can go back to being evil!" he thought sadly to hisself, brushing his mane out from in front of his eyes he wrote down a name finally 'Dawn Valiant' "There we g...WAIT NO NO NO! THIS IS INK NO!" he had wrote down his real name "It's ok...play it cool, Oppette...GAH I mean, Oppen, won't ask any questions and she'll be none the wiser..." Dark sighed in his mind, "Alrighty, done~" he said sitting the sheet down.

"STOP BEING NICE! ARGH!" he screamed to himself in his mind.

[[ Reminder! Be sure to keep RP posts to a 5 line tall minimum. C: ]]

((Ah, my bad. =) ))

Oppette started on the last part: spells. Looking over at DC's sheet, she commented, "Dawn Valiant? That's a pretty cool name for a paladin." Finishing up her spell selection, Oppette put down her pencil and smiled at DC. "Perfect! Now I just need to convince Cinnamon to GM for us; shouldn't be too hard, she loves this game." She gave off a mental sigh. I can't deny it any more, I've fallen for him. Oh Luna, what have I gotten myself into? When Cinnamon finds out I'm in love with a colt, she'll never let me hear the end of it! She mocked me when I was transformed against my will, what will she think once she hears that I want to stay a filly? This is so confusing...

"Well, seeing as how she enjoys thwarting me, it MIGHT not be that easy..." he said frowning as he began thinking, "Ahhhh....What is wrong with me, villains don't fall in love, they kidnap and steal and blow things up! Though...I guess it couldn't really HURT anything, sides it's just a game or two right? Yeah...long as Cinnamon does try to smack me or something it'll all be peachy keen....PEACHY KEEN?!...Bah even my inner monologs are getting wishy washy!"

"Oh the name...uhh...thanks it's uhhh...I mean it just came to me you know heheheh" Dark said nervously, almost spilling the beans again, he was gonna have to watch that around Cinnamon if they DID end up playing, Oppen may keep her trap shut, but he doubted Cinn could or would, "As long as you think you can convince her, I'm up for trying, next time I roll a character I'll have to show you the custom 'Dark Paladin' class I've been working on!"

"Don't worry, she's all talk unless somepony gets put in real danger," Oppette comforted, "Like that time with the manticore. Just try not to pull any evil schemes in the middle of a game, and we'll be fine." She winked at DC.

"Dark paladin? That sounds pretty awesome. I've tried to design stuff before, but I never actually finish anything. Although, I did find an "Alchemist" class in a third-party sourcebook the other month, and I've been itching to try it out. We should set that up sometime!" Oppette giggled. This is so weird, I've never felt this way about anypony before. Feels... Good! Now If I can just figure out some way to break this to Cinnamon... I may be a filly now, but I'm still a scientific genius, surely I can come up with something.

"Ehheheheh, no promises~" Dark said blushing when she winked, plans are a natural part of the villain's process, so no telling when creativity may strike, "Alchemist does sound interesting!" this day went from weird to really weird...to great in no time flat, it had been ages since he played HnH with anyone, then again it's no surprise since he smacked up his old DM for burning his character sheet, but that was past, now he would get to play with his fillyfriend and Cinnamon "Wait...FILLYFRIEND?! I...WHAT?! I mean...she's cute but...I can't get involved with somefilly, I'm a villain...Well...I suppose it couldn't really hurt, she is cute and smart and funny....I'm not sure what I feel right now, but for now, I'll just roll with it." he sighed in his mind, "So, should we go and try to find Cinn and convince her?" DC asked to Oppette.