The Speakeasy Night Club Full

”You think I know?” she hissed in Granola's ear. She couldn't deny that she was nervous, and she had been relying on Granola and Sherlock—mostly Granola, who she had known for longer—to guide her. She could shadow and copy along well enough... but improvising on things she had no idea of was probably not the best idea, nor was it one she favored.

“I didn't expect so... many.” Luna flashed an awkward smile at those they passed, continuing to lean down and speak quietly to Granola. “And I thought you knew what a “Night Club” was all about. You so readily agreed to it I assumed you'd been to it before.

She sighed quietly, standing upright so as to keep up appearances. She may not have known what this place was actually for, but she could always wing it. “I—well what would that matter, you're the same color as the owner.” Luna pointed out what should have been an obvious flaw in Granola's seemingly ridiculous question. Besides that, ponies in Equestria could be found in just about any color... and anyway, from what she could see, there was no discrimination here, at least based on coat color.

“Just settle down.” Luna place a wing over Granola's back reassuringly, turning to smile down at her. “You're with a princess, for goodness sake.” she paused. “And besides that... didn't the owner of the establishment invite both of us?”

At least she was too preoccupied now with Granola to worry about what anypony else thought, or what she planned to do next. For now, she'd rely on Sherlock to show her the ropes, for as long as he would.

nolabanner2.png

Luna confronted Granola slightly about her not knowing what was going on. She realized that she might have let the Princess down. Granola felt guilty. "Oh, sorry! The night clubs in Ponyville are much different then here. In Ponyville, our night clubs usually involve reading books and playing board games." Granola tapped her hooves and added her geekiness to the comment. "Also! I have late night parties sometimes with... my... uh...," Granola felt embarrassed as she almost revealed to the princess of the night that Granola would sometimes spend her recluse evenings planning events for her plants at her hut in the woods. Obviously, she knew this wasn't normal pony behavior, and she was pretty sure Luna would be offended, so she just left the thought unfinished. Fortunately, she was interrupted by Sherlock's assurance.

Granola breathed a sigh of relief as both Luna and Sherlock convinced her that she was not going to be threatened or thrown out by anypony. She sat at the bar where Sherlock had said he was offering to buy their drinks. She was so impressed by his gestures. He seemed to really appreciate the company. And with the Princess involved, who would blame him? But Granola had heard some snickers from the others that implied that Sherlock might be only doing this for the Princess, and that Granola was only a brown pony that happened to be at the right spot at the right time. Granola scuffed her hooves a little as she realized she might make herself feel bad for finding Sherlock charming in the first place. Was she really going to raise her hopes like that just to be disappointed?

Granola could use a drink. "Yeah, um, let me get a daffodil cocktail, please." Granola rested her forelegs on the bar as she just waited for the night to develop. Suddenly, she realized that Sherlock was being asked to sing. Granola looked up at the stage where Sherlock was starting to sing a jazzy song about love. Granola's eyes grew watery and her mouth hung open. "I'll be right back," she said to the bartender, who had prepared her drink at the bar. Granola walked slowly up to and reclined on the edge of the stage as she watched Sherlock sing. He sang so confidentially, and did a good job entertaining the whole room. Nola started relaxing her hooves under her chin as she rested her head on the stage, looking up at the performing stallion. Granola breathed deep with fascination. He was truly a polished stallion.

Applejack.pngMadden.pngGranola_Gracie.pngArrow_Plain.pngMiracle.pngRemington.pngSugar_Rush-1.pngCoconut_Lime.png

• 2 months later...

The song had ended and the crowd cheered, Sherlock ginned and bowed a little. He had forgotten what it was like to be up here, this was one of his little pleasures in life and he had neglected it for a bit too long. He smiled and looked back at the band and nodded, "Okay enough of the slow stuff, last I checked this was a swing club!" The band started again this time with faster paced music, Sherlock tapped his hoof and started again, "Gal is like a race horse, I play her to win..." Another one of Dean's songs, Who's Got the Action. This time the audience cheered and filled the dance floor, swinging to the music.