[Hoofington] Plaza

Parodius

(A general Hoofington thread)

"The sun shone brightly overhead, glaring down on all it beheld as clouds were cut down in their prime," muttered the gray earth pony as she strolled down the street. "The ponies below ran about their business like so many ants on a picnic spread. Happy. Content. But somebody had to keep their city safe. Somebody had to help those that couldn't turn to anyone else. That's where I come in..." A few ponies give odd looks as she passes near them, talking to herself. "The name's Chaser. Mystery Chaser. I'm a frivate pie. ...I mean... private eye. When someone needs an eye to investigate, I'm who they can turn to, for a price. I was strolling down the street, looking for someone in n... ugh." She hung her head briefly than screamed, "I AM SO STINKIN' BORED!" as she pushed her hat against her head with her hooves. With a sigh, she goes to a cafe to sit for a while, counting what few bits she has on her. "...looks like toasted grass on rye with water again." She rested her head on the table as she waited for the next waiter. "...maybe I should have gone to Canterlot instead. ... Maybe mom was right and I should..." Her face shifted into a suddenly serious expression as she held a hoof up in front of her. "No. I can make it here. If I can make it here, I can make it anywhere. I'm not going back to farm life. I'm going to be just fine." She frowned again. "...somehow."

A couple of moments later, after her order, she returned to resting her head on the table. Idly she counted the fronds on the palm trees around the cafe.