[Correspondence] Matchie's Matchmaker Services, applications thread! [Open]

Halide

All over Equestria, everywhere and anywhere she could think of it, Matchie had put out application forms for her matchmaking service. Anypony could find them, really! She had them stuffed in mailboxes, she made them available at post offices and the like. They were fairly short, and fairly quick to fill out! All anypony had to do was write a few answers here, a few sentences there, pay a bit for postage, and voila! They'd be on the list!

The application is short, on slightly cheap parchment, and seems to be magically copied, if one can tell. Written upon it is the following :

Hi there! Thank you for choosing One Plus Another, Equestria's choicest blind-date and matchmaking service! Just a few minutes of your time, and you'll be on your way to finding that special match chosen just for you! Please answer the following truthfully, and to as much detail as you think is necessary!

Name :

Gender preference (Optional) :

Species :

Species preference (Optional) :

Cutie-Mark (Optional) :

How would you describe yourself, physically?

________________________________________________________________________________________________

________________________________________________________________________________________________

How would you describe your personality?

What things in life are important to you?

What's your idea of the ideal first date? ________________________________________________________________________________________________

What are you looking for?

Anything else you think we should know?

You're done! Just mail this to Matchie at One Plus Another, 413 Saltyhoof lane, Fillydelphia, EQ, and we'll get back to you as soon as we can! Have a wonderful day!

((OOC : Just fill out the above and post it, and I'll send you a PM letting you know how it goes, and either help you set up a thread, or maybe just set up a thread for you! Please, -please- keep it G-rated! ))

• Like 1

Name: Inkblot

Species: Pegasus

Cutie Mark: Inkwell and Quill

Physical Description:

I'm not too fit to be honest, but I'm not unfit. I don't exercise much, and I usually end up getting my excercise from short walks or flies. I'm not too muscular either, but I can fly fairly fast. I do tire out quickly though. I have a black coat and a shaggy white mane and tail lined with grey.

Personality Description:

I'm a writer. I love interaction with nature. I am a tad shy as well, but I can overcome it quite easily. I usually stay fairly quiet, but I do like to have conversations. I enjoy intelligence foremost, and I love literary and artistic works. Besides this, I have been told to be an akward pony, due to the fact that I can become akwardly inclined quite quickly.

What is Important to Me:

The arts are important to me, and I look up the great pony artists and writers of bith the modern and oldet ages.

Ideal First Date:

Something quiet, away from commotion and everypony else. Probably a peaceful stroll in a garden or by a lake, accompanied by lunch.

What I'm looking for:

An intelligent mare with a quiet, artistic personality. I'm looking for a mare who enjoys nature, intelligent conversation, and the arts as much as I do.

Misc. Information:

I have a pet raven named Corvus, who tends to follow me everywhere.

(OOC: This seems like a lot of fun! Great idea for a thread. )

Name : Radiant Steel

Gender preference : stallion... at least, I think. Though I guess I'm not against it being a mare...

Species : pegasus

Species preference : a unicorn might be nice... but I don't care that much.

Cutie-Mark : It's a shield.

I have a long red mane, white coat and green eyes. Physically, I am quite strong, fast, fit and capable.___________

I don't really know. I apologize, but I have trouble expressing myself in words sometimes. At the same ___________

time, my mind is constantly racing. I have some difficulty with social meetings as a result, which is a large________

part of my reason for sending this application to you. Things are different when it comes to my job. I_____________

express myself succinctly when it comes to my job. With bold fervor do I throw myself into upholding order _______

and stopping those who mean harm to our fair Equestria. It's only with other ponies where my heart starts to______

waver and become unsure. It's frustrating, since I know that I do desire closeness in my life.

Princess Celestia and the paragon of strength and order she represents for our fair Equestria, this job ___________

of mine where I act proudly in service to her, and my family-- though we might disagree at times, I _____________

cherish them. ___________________________________________________________________________________

What's your idea of the ideal first date?

I suppose just a chance to talk. I'll admit I understand little when it comes to any of this, but I think that ________

a mere discussion to see just how compatible we may be is imperative in the beginning._____________________ ________________________________________________________________________________________________

I don't really know. I wish I did. If I did, I might have been able to save the shame of writing you for help_________

in the matter.______________________________________________________________________________________

I typically work late and sleep during the day.____________________________________________________________

Name : Deep Bass

Gender preference (Optional) : Mare

Species : Pegasus

Species preference (Optional) : No preference

Cutie-Mark (Optional) : Bass Clef.

Um... Well, I don't really think about it. I'm kind of small for a Stallion. Kind of thin, too. Still taller than the usual mare, though.

I like to have a good laugh, every now and then, but normally, I'm a calm, and collected pony.

Music, family, and hopefully finding that special somepony... eventually.

Jazz bar. I just love coffee, and music.

Somepony who shares my interests, and understands me when I talk music... which I do, a lot.

I'm deciding to finally get back into the dating scene after my last serious relationship ended tragically. Also, I currently work at a record store in Fillydelphia.

((ooc: submitting applications for multiple characters is okay, right?))

Name : Snowfall

Gender preference : either

Species preference : I don't really care

Cutie-Mark : a cityscape snow globe

It's odd to speak of myself as being remarkably beautiful, yet I do know that there are plenty that envy my beauty.___

My coat is snowy white, my mane a nearly as pale yet lovely powder blue. I am tall and in good shape. I dress myself _

well, typically the best designs money can buy, and typically favoring dark colors which contrast my natural tones. ___

I would say that I might stand out in most company. _________________________________________________________

I am a fairly casual sort in my social life. I like having fun. I like amusing jokes and stories without a point to them. I enjoy

strolling or flying through a city by night without a care. I enjoy being social, attending events, being amongst ponies___

from all walks of life. In my business life, I am far more strict, discerning and unflappable. I take command of the ______

situation. Perhaps this side of my personality can come through at other times. I have been accused of being controlling before._____________________________________________________________________________________________

My city. Stalliongrad is my home and I have no plans to leave it. Additionally, there's my business. It comes first,__

always. It would be a lie to omit the place of value that wealth, luxury and power have in my life, I suppose.______

Something spontaneous. Something fun. It would be decided there in the moment. It would thrive on the passion __

of the instant. As such, it's not something that I could put in words. If I could put it in words, it wouldn't be ideal.___ ________________________________________________________________________________________________

Because of who I am, it's hard to meet ponies who are genuine. Everypony puts on masks when they hear my name.

Never do they act freely or be themselves. It leads to much frustration. Never can I find a pony who can just be _____

themselves. I don't seek a pony equal to me in status or wealth. That doesn't matter to me. I already have enough___

of both to spare. More than anything, what I seek is just something that feels right, something that will actually last.__ ________________________________________________________________________________________________

I am CEO of Northern Storm Industries, one of the foremost technological companies in all of Equestria. _______

I insist that any I am matched with are not made privy to the knowledge though. I don't want this to be about that.

Name : Storm Feather

Species : Hippogriff

Species preference : Anypony

I am pretty fit from my job... I like to get out a lot and stretch out my wings. I am kind of too dark in color, but that is all opinion, right?

I am very shy and try to keep to myself. That is why I am signing up for this, honestly. I really like to get out and explore, but my shyness usually gets in the way. You can call me a doormat... or a tree. I am passionate about my friends though, and will do anything to keep them happy.

I find hard work to be the most important thing in life. If you didn't earn it fairly, you shouldn't have it. I like it when ponies are kind and honest.

I would prefer to go somewhere quiet where I can really get to know my... "date." I would like to go somewhere that has great scenery with a nice pony that can really be interesting. I want to feel welcomed and like the other pony really cares about me.

I am looking for someone kind and honest. I like it when I can talk to a pony and have them tell the truth while still being nice about it. I want somepony who is fun to be around and easy to talk to. It would be best if the pony in question enjoyed nature, were chivalrous, and trustworthy.

Nothing, really. I work a small shop, "The Iron Wing," in Cloudsdale. It is a nice little place where I can get some peace and quiet and have some time to really think. I do not like apple pie.

Name : Pathfinder

Gender preference : Whatever, not important

Location : Everywhere- I travel all the time, though I do have a 'home' in Cloudsdale.

Species preference (Optional) : Whatever, not important

Cutie-Mark (Optional) : Rope around a globe

I'm extremely fit, a little on the smaller side, but very striking. Ever see Daring Do? Like her!

I love adventure and excitement. I'm nice, and I'm willing to try anything.

Drive! You have to have this inner fire that will never die, propelling you across the world both literally and figuratively.

I'm up for anything as long as it involves us doing something exciting.

Excitement! You've gotta be able to both keep up with me and be willing to take risks. Show me you love me by taking an arrow to the wing, just like I did for a friend!

I am a full time adventure with a lot of hospital debt.

I would write more, but I'm caught in the web of a giant spider.

Name : Dunder Blust

Gender preference (Optional) : Either

Species preference (Optional) : No preference.

Cutie-Mark (Optional) :

I would say that I am tall and fit. I have always been told that I'm tall and I've usually been stronger than my friends.

My coat is light brown and my eyes and mane are dark brown.

I would say that I am pretty shy. Unless I am around ponies I know. I would also say that I'm kind. Except that my

tendency to get other ponies upset or angry with me has plagued me. I have a feeling to go out and explore because

mystery is one of those things that I want to go out and find. I feel that I am kind and generous, I don't really want

to hurt anypony.

The most important things in my life are my friends, my family, my beliefs, my sword, my job, and food. All of these

things I would defend if needed. I don't relly really think I do need to defend any of them, but you never know.

I would want to go somewhere not too fancy or expensive that sells good food. I would want to get to know my pertner

the best I can before getting really deep into it. Then we could go out for a walk or fly and possibly rapier fence if she

is into that sort of thing.

Well, I lost some change the other day. I want to find a pony that would like to go out and adventuring with me.

I don't want a trophy mare to just sit at home and collect dust and possibly leave while I'm out and travelling. I also

Want somepony that is honest and smart. I can't stand when others lie to me or try to soften the blow. I also can't

stand stupidity.

Nope.

Name : Thunder Beat

Location : I'm a traveller, so I could be just about anywhere. Born and raised in Fillydelphia though, so that's food for thought.

Species : Earth Pony

Species preference (Optional) : Pony

Cutie-Mark (Optional) : Pair of drumsticks over lightning bolts.

Well built. Rather handsome, if I do say so myself... and I do, =)

Fun loving, friendly. Boisterous. Kind of a goofball. I can be kinda slow sometimes... but I like to think of myself as charmingly stupid.

Drumming. Straight up. I've got a passion for my hobby and I wanna make it big someday with a band. Having a good time is another thing. I'm gonna be here for a while... might as well enjoy myself!

Nothing fancy... I'm not totally into that stuff, unless they've got an awesome buffet or something. But I'd say just something simple, like dinner and a show. Intimate, yet fun.

Someone like me. Fun loving, friendly. A love for rock music would be a plus, but not necessary. A real mare next door kinda gal... someone not snobby or up themselves. She could be boisterous like me or quiet as a mouse... I'm totally cool either way.

Keep in mind I practice often... so if you're not prepared to hear a lot of loud percussion... I might not be your type =P

((OOC: and one more while I'm still thinking about it... ;-) Obviously, this one was not actually written by the applicant. ))

Name : Midnight Brand

Gender preference (Optional) : stallion

Location : a small house in the Allacor mountains overlooking the Everfree forest

Species : earth pony

Species preference (Optional) : pegas I don't care as long as their nice

Cutie-Mark (Optional) : a sword

My mom is I amreally pretty. ShI have long yellow mane and a dark green coat. ___

I look really young for my age and am really strong and cool._________________ ________________________________________________________________________________________________

I am a really good pony. I don't say a lot, and sometimes act kind of sad and grumpy

but you can just tell that I'm really nice and kind deep down. I enjoy peace and quiet

and being around nature and stuff like that.______________________________ ________________________________________________________________________________________________

My daughter Hopesong! She's the best, sweetest filly ever. Other than that, I value

peace and nature and quiet times. ________________________________________

Something romantic and fun but laid back and casual, I guess._________________

I was in love once before, but it ended tragically. Since then I've been kind of sad an lonely.

It can be kind of hard for me to see her my daughter to see me like that, so she I thought

I'd try and take the first steps to move forward and find somepony new. I'm not sure it will

work, but I just thought it was worth a try. _______________________________________________________________

I have an awesome daughter named Hopesong who is a young pegasus filly. Also, I travel a lot

since I go on adventures and stuff to get money.____________________________________________________

• Like 1

FlashChord leaves his tree to head out to ponyville when he stumbles upon the piece of parchment, "Hmm?" Reads the paper and decides, "well i guess it Cant Hurt anything."

Name : FlashChord

Species preference (Optional) :

Cutie-Mark (Optional) : Musical 1/16th note

"I'm pretty tall and thin I guess, I've got wings!! wait..... I guess you already guessed that.

"Free........ Spirited?"

"Music, Happiness, And good friends!"

"Somewhere with few people, and nice music"

"Someone to enjoy music with on an intellectual and emotional level..... or a fun date either way ^^

"I have Pony-Aspergers, so yeah.... read up on that its pretty important."

Name : Mirage Riddle.

Gender preference (Optional) : Mare, if you please

Location : Oh, here, and there. Anywhere that's interesting, really.

Species : Unicorn

Species preference (Optional) : Oh come now, is this really important?

Cutie-Mark (Optional) : Three question marks

Ohhh... about average. Travels keep me fit, but that's about it.

Black mane, white coat... Oh! and red eyes

A bit out of left field, and perhaps a touch odd. What else is there to say? Oh wait, I could probably mention some of my quirks. Well, you see, I suppose questions are as important as answers. You can't have one without the other, and so I figure I'm the question to a lot answers. If that makes sense.

Why, life itself is important to me! So much left to do, and so much left to see! It's nothing but one great mystery! Traveling is important, and really just seeking out life's mysteries. Not to answer them, just to pass them along.

Something fun... you know, besides that, I can't think of anything.

This would imply that I'm looking for something in particular. Which is not entirely true. All I really want is somepony who doesn't get impatient easily.

No squirrels. That would be a deal breaker.

[second, and Last, character, at least, for now!]

Name : Sucre Bleu

Gender preference: Either is fine, really

Species preference: Unicorn, but it's not that important

Cutie-Mark: Crossed Rolling pins with fleur-de-lis

Lean and short, light blue pelt and even lighter mane. I don't know what else to write. I usually keep my mane in a bun,

especially when I'm working. My tail is pretty curly, so i have it braided to keep out of the way. I also have blue eyes, and I

don't really know what else to put here.

Refined, refined, refined. I love all things refined, and I am too! Some call me a prude, but I think they're just mad because I

have a little bit of standards! I'm a bit of a perfectionist, and I'll redo things over and over again until they're up to my high

standards. Others call me immature, but I work harder than anypony, so they're just full of hot air. What else is there to know?

I love fancy things, and I'm well versed in the very language of fancy, french. C'est vrai! Anyway, I'm running out of room, and I still have much more to write!

Quality, hard work, dedication, diligence, pride, etc... I love my work, and I take the utmost pride in my job

It's a bit hard to write down these things, mainly because they have that je ne sais quoi, but I suppose I can

try. It's mostly about that feeling you get when you've tried your best, you might not have succeeded, but

you know that you gave it you all. Do you know what I mean? Of course you do, you're a piece of paper. WHY AM I DOING THIS!?!?!

We go to a nice restaurant, we eat all the expensive food, we go to my place for dessert (made by me of course) and then they

leave, thinking to themself that they just met the utter ponysonification of perfection itself. Then I eat whatever dessert was left

over and go to bed. Was that too specific?

A date A pony that has the same sense of standards that I do. I don't want another perfectionist, but those laid back ponies just

don't do it for me. I've seen enough dreamers in my time to know that while they're great for a fling, there not the kind of pony

that lasts too long. I just want somepony that will support me in my work and be there for me when I'm down, I can only promise

the same.

Nope, I just want this to be over quickly, Celestia knows I can't take too much time from my work or I'll go CRAZY.

((OOC: I'm gonna have fun with this one. Midsy's my musical Pinkie Pie, and I'm gonna show that.))

Name : Mid Wobble, but call me Midsy

Gender preference (Optional) : Um... either or.

Species preference (Optional) : Don't care! As long as they aren't grumpy.

Cutie-Mark (Optional) : Synth Track! I'm a music pony, so it makes sense, right?

Well, I guess you could say I'm fit. I tend to burn a lot of calories from being so energetic all the time, and partying all the time, but hey. Music makes ponies dance, and dancing makes ponies smile, and ponies smiling makes me smile, and when I smile, I'm happy, so I guess smiling makes me pretty! Hehe.

Well...... my friend Bass says I'm really energetic, and happy all the time. I'm not much of a pony to judge myself, now am I? No, I've been told that I have too much energy, and that I'm always smiling, so I guess that's a good thing. I don't really know.

Music, smiles, dancing, happiness, candy, sugary drinks, coffee, lots of coffee, cake, candy, coffee, soda, sugar, coffee, and my best friend, Bass!

Somewhere where I can dance my flank off! WOOHOO!

Somepony who can match my level of energy, and keep up with me. Also, somepony who isn't afraid to smile. And isn't a grouch. Grouch rhymes with couch... couch rhymes with slouch... I guess if you always slouch on a couch, you end up being a grouch! I definitely don't want somepony who slouches on couches. No way.

We? There's only one of you! Wow... For a mysterious piece of paper, you sure are nosy, aren't you?____________

(OOC: Put this in PM, but adding it here.)

Sky Flare wandered through the streets of Ponyville when suddenly a piece of paper smacked him in the face. He pulled it off and was about to crunble it up ant throw it away like trash when he noticed it was a form for a matchmaking service. "Huh. A matchmaking service. Well I guess I could try."

Name : Sky Flare

Gender preference (Optional) :Mare

Species preference (Optional) : Anypony is fine, but I'd prefer meeting a pegasus because you know I'm a pegasus.

Cutie-Mark (Optional) : a red and orange loop representing my epic aerial tricks!

_________Well I'm a pegasus as I said before. I have a white pelt like a cloud and a mane and tail that looks like flames. As far as body type, well being athletic comes with the territory of being a stunt pony

___________Hmm... no pony has ever asked me about my personality. Well, I'm very loyal to my friends. I'm always there for ponies in need. Many ponies say I'm fun to be around as I love to race and explore new places. I'm also eager to learn new things wherever I go and whoever I meet. My best trait is my courage. Without courage a pony lives in fear, and that's not a good way to live.

That's an easy one! First of all is my friends. Without them I'm alone. I'd hate to be alone. Also what's important is to be free to fly. I hate when I get injured and can't fly. Also being able to have the freedom to do the things you want to do is great, but with friends it's even better.

Another tough one. Um... well I guess I'd take my special pony to a romantic dinner and then we'd fly onto a cloud and watch the stars. Oh, and if she's a Wonderbolt fan, I'd definitely try to get her tickets for that show.

Well I'm looking for a special somepony. I know I have friends, but I think there's something missing in my life. Call me sappy, but I think that out there there is a match for me. The trick is always finding that match. I hope that this will help me find that special somepony. Someone who would care for me as I would care for them and who likes me for who I am.

Well the only thing else I can say is I'm not really a fancy pony like you see in Canterlot often. Don't get me wrong, I can take care of myself and look pretty stylish if I do say so, but just not doing the whole dressed up in a suit thing.

Location : a small house in the Allacor mountains overlooking the Everfree forest

Species preference (Optional) : pegas I don't care as long as their nice

Cutie-Mark (Optional) : a sword

My mom is I amreally pretty. ShI have long yellow mane and a dark green coat. ___

This gets a reply! Two, in fact! One's a blank application, as well as a note reading "Somepony thinks you should get into the dating scene! Why not give it a try?" for Midnight Brand.

The second is for Hopesing, and reads as follows;

"Dear Hopesong :

Thank you very much for taking the time to fill out an application, and I really admire you trying to do your best to make your mom happy, but I'm afraid she has to fill out her application on her own, especially since I'd need to get her to agree to a time and place for a blind date! What you tried to do is very sweet, and I'm very sorry to say that I can't accept the application.

Don't worry! I sent your mom a note and an application for her to fill out. Have a nice day, okay!

Sincerely - Matchie"

Name: Inkblot

Species: Pegasus

Cutie Mark: Inkwell and Quill

Name : Storm Feather

Species : Hippogriff

Species preference : Anypony

A pair! A pair that just might work, a pair! Oh, Excitement and jubilations - a hippogryph and a pegasus. Time to see how that might work out! Well, not personally, but it was letter-writing time and Mathie couldn't contain the grin on her face. A pair of letters, written, and sent to Canterlot and Cloudsdale.

To Inkblot

"Congratulations! We've found you a match based on the information you've sent us! Your match is a female Hippogryph by the name of Storm Feather, and from the looks of things, you two have a fair bit in common! You two will be meeting you at the Royal Canterlot Gardens North Entrance at four o'clock this Friday, and I'd suggest a calm, friendly attitude, and probably semi-casual attire! Your choice on that, of course. Please write me back if you cannot make this time!

Have a wonderful day!

-Matchie"

To Storm Wing.

"Congratulations! We've found you a match based on the information you've sent us! Your match is a Pegasus Stallion by the name of Inkblot, and to tell the truth, I think you two could hit it off pretty well! You two will be meeting you at the Royal Canterlot Gardens North Entrance at four o'clock this Friday, and I'd suggest an open mind and just trying to have fun! Let me know if that doesn't work out for you, prefferably before friday. Don't worry! It should be fun!

Sincerely, Matchie!"

To Storm Wing.

"Congratulations! We've found you a match based on the information you've sent us! Your match is a Pegasus Stallion by the name of Inkblot, and to tell the truth, I think you two could hit it off pretty well! You two will be meeting you at the Royal Canterlot Gardens North Entrance at four o'clock this Friday, and I'd suggest an open mind and just trying to have fun! Let me know if that doesn't work out for you, prefferably before friday. Don't worry! It should be fun!

Sincerely, Matchie!"

Storm Feather decided to write back, just to make sure the name that was sent to the pegasus was right, and because she was so excited about the whole thing.

"Storm Wing? Who is this mysterious mare? Silly goose, you were close! *Feather* Anytime works for me, honest! I am not a busy hippogriff at all! Thanks for finding me a match."

This gets a reply! Two, in fact! One's a blank application, as well as a note reading "Somepony thinks you should get into the dating scene! Why not give it a try?" for Midnight Brand.

The second is for Hopesing, and reads as follows;

"Dear Hopesong :

Thank you very much for taking the time to fill out an application, and I really admire you trying to do your best to make your mom happy, but I'm afraid she has to fill out her application on her own, especially since I'd need to get her to agree to a time and place for a blind date! What you tried to do is very sweet, and I'm very sorry to say that I can't accept the application.

Don't worry! I sent your mom a note and an application for her to fill out. Have a nice day, okay!

Sincerely - Matchie"

((OOC: I know I could have just had Midnight Brand send in an application, but I decided it was best to include some RP parts as well :) ))

Hopesong stared down in shock as she read the letter sent back to her from within the room she was using. How was this possible? How could she tell? Sure, Hopesong had made a few mistakes, but she was pretty sure she had caught and corrected them all! How did this Matchie pony know it was her writing the letter? It just didn't make any sense to her!

Then it hit her! It had to be because she had put the return address for the Cloudsdale Flight Camp she was currently attending on the envelope when she sent it! That was the critical mistake. She nodded. That had to be it. Other than that, her letter was perfect. She should have been more careful. Ah well, it was a good plan, but it had failed. There was no way her mother would ever fill out an application on her own, after all.

---------

Midnight Brand lie beneath a tree in front of her home, beset with worry. Usually it was her who was out and about while Hopesong stayed home, but here it was the opposite. Hopesong was off in Cloudsdale attending Flight Camp, likely making new friends and doing all the things she couldn't alone out here in the wilderness. Midnight was happy the filly was allowed this chance, but it didn't make her worry any less. She hoped for something that might help her get her mind of it all.

It was then that, suddenly, a pegasus descended from out of the sky and approached her. She stood, not sure what ot make of this.

"Are you Midnight Brand?" he asked, tilting his head as he looked at her.

Midnight looked at him. He was dressed as a mail courier. What could he possibly want? "Perhaps. Who wants to know?" she started, staring at him, on guard.

"Er... easy there, I just got some mail for you," the mail pony said, pulling out a single letter. "Really hard time finding this place by the way..."

Midnight took the letter cautiously. What was this? She never received mail. Part of why she lived out here in the wilderness was because she wanted to be away from any who might try and contact her.

She nodded to the stallion. "Thank you, sir."

"No problem," the pony said before taking off again to deliver more mail.

Alone again, Midnight began to open the letter, having no clue what the contents might be. Pulling out the letter itself, she began to read:

"Somepony thinks you should get into the dating scene! Why not give it a try?" was all it said. There was an attached application to a matchmaking service out of Fillydelphia.

Midnight stared at it blankly. An advertisement? Wasn't this the sort of thing a lot of ponies would consider junk mail? How could this... no why had this possibly reached her? Midnight just didn't see an answer. Very few ponies knew she lived out here. Was she really to believe that some matchmaking service did? It was simply ludicrous. She had to shake her head.

As much as it didn't make the first bit of sense to her, she couldn't stop looking at it. Was this some kind of sign? No, she couldn't actually be considering filling this out... It would be a disservice to Chaser's memory. What would Hopesong think? That said, it probably wouldn't lead anywhere anyway. She felt stupid for even considering, but in a lot of ways she was seriously compelled.

Later that evening, swallowing a bit of her pride and lambasting herself as a fool, she began to fill out the application:

Species preference (Optional) : preferably not a pegasus

Cutie-Mark (Optional) :

Mane: Yellow, wavy. Coat: Green. Eyes: hazel. Build: Athletic ___________________________________________

_______________________________________________________________________________________________

Quiet, solemn and thoughtful._________________________________________________________________

_______________________________________________________________________________________________

My daughter.___________________________________________________________

I wouldn't begin to know._____________________________________________________

I'm not sure. I have no clue how you found my address. I'm frankly baffled to receive this application. Since I have received it,

however, I felt it appropriate to fill it out. I'm not sure what if anything it will lead to, and honestly my expectations are kind of low.

However, at the same time, there is a bit of emptiness in my life, and I sometimes struggle with how best to raise my child, so perhaps

the effort will prove worthwhile._______________________________________________________________

I have a single daughter from a previous relationship. She is barely a filly. She means the world to me.________________

Name : Mirage Riddle.

Gender preference (Optional) : Mare, if you please

Location : Oh, here, and there. Anywhere that's interesting, really.

Species preference (Optional) : Oh come now, is this really important?

Cutie-Mark (Optional) : Three question marks

Name : Mid Wobble, but call me Midsy

Gender preference (Optional) : Um... either or.

Species preference (Optional) : Don't care! As long as they aren't grumpy.

Cutie-Mark (Optional) : Synth Track! I'm a music pony, so it makes sense, right?

Another match! Whee, this was fun! These two didn't seem to have too much in common, apart from energy and a bit of quirk, but that could work out between them, probably! Another two letters sent out - it was a good evening! Now, where to put them... Not the theatre, but a fair sounded about right!

Two more letters!

The first, to Midsy :

"Congratulations! We've found you a match based on the information you've sent us! Your match is a wandering unicorn stallion called Mirage Riddle, and I think you two could have a fun time of it! Next tuesday's Fillydelphia county fair, at about noon should be a great place for you two to meet up! Maybe dress up a bit, however you like! Please write back quickly if you can't make it, hope you two have a fun time!

Sincerely - Matchie!"

The second, to Mirage Riddle.

"Well, we've found a match based on your application! Your match is a young unicorn mare by the name of Mid Wobble, or Midsy for short, and I think you two should have a fun time! You'll be meeting her at the Fillydelphia County Fair, at noon. Dress how you like, but try to dress up a little! Just make ultra-sure to write back if you can't make it!

Best of luck! Matchie"

This was getting pretty fun! Now, to sort through the rest of the applications...

Midsy had just risen from her afternoon nap, and pranced out to check her mail. She grabbed the small stack of letters in her mouth, and happily bounced inside. Once she was within the walls of her home, she began digging through the mail.

"Ooh! I got a letter back from Matchie! It would be hilarious if Matchie set me up on a date with Bass! Oh to see the look on his face!"

Midsy's eyes went wide, and a rather large grin broke out on her face, as she tore open the letter, and began reading it to herself.

"Congratulations! We've found you a match based on the information you've sent us! Your match is a wandering unicorn stallion called Mirage Riddle, and I think you two could have a fun time of it! Next tuesday's Fillydelphia county fair, at about noon should be a great place for you two to meet up! Maybe dress up a bit, however you like! Please write back quickly if you can't make it, hope you two have a fun time!

Sincerely - Matchie!"

After reading the letter, Midsy squealed in utter delight.

"OH MY GOSH! I'm gonna meet him at the fair! Oh, what should I wear, what should I wear?! What do ponies wear to fairs? Hmmm… I KNOW! I'll ask Bass! That old grump needs to wake up anyways!"

Then, without a second thought, Midsy pranced out the door, letter in tow, to the home of her best friend, Bass.

Name : Snowfall

Gender preference : either

Species preference : I don't really care

Cutie-Mark : a cityscape snow globe

Name : Pathfinder

Gender preference : Whatever, not important

Location : Everywhere- I travel all the time, though I do have a 'home' in Cloudsdale.

Species preference (Optional) : Whatever, not important

Cutie-Mark (Optional) : Rope around a globe

Now THIS one had matchie chewing a little on her lip. It was kind of a toss-up between the rocker and the CEO that wanted more spice in her life for the adventurous mare. It -could- work, or it could end badly... Tell the CEO to be ready for a wild ride, tell the adventuremare to go a little easy on her, and it could be wildfire of a match! She'd really have to meet them both before she could make a clear guess... so it was eightball time!

"So, eightball... Lovely little eightball! Should I give this match a try?"

Could be worse!

CLOSE ENOUGH! So, two tenacious letters, and Matchie figured she was done with the applications she'd got thus far.

The first, to Snowfall :

"Dear Snowfall :

Congratulations! Thanks to the very complete application you've sent in, we've found you a match that should prove interesting! Her name is Pathfinder, a real adventurer of a pegasus! For your date, something a little more rough and tumble seems suitable; we've chosen the Gryphon obstacle course at Breakbeak Gulch, which should, if nothing else, at least be a fun workout! I hope next friday at 2:30 PM fits in your schedule! Please write me back if you have any misgivings or problems with getting there at that time!

Have a wonderful day!

-Matchie"

Whew, ok, next letter, to Pathfinder.

"Hi Pathfinder! Hope this letter finds you in decent health, because we've found a match for you! Her name is Snowfall; a businesspegasus who wants excitement in her life, rather than be pampered. I know, it might be a bit of a stretch, but I think there's serious potential here! I've got reservations for you two at the Gryphon obstacle course over at Bareback Gulch for 2:30 PM on next Friday Saturday. Please write back if that doesn't work for you!

Happy adventuring!

-Matchie"

But, now, it was getting a bit late... A bit of magic, and the letters were off! Oh, this was a fun day...

There was a strange mix of anxiety, terror and childlike glee when a reply from the matchmaker arrived in Snowfall's hands. She had never done anything like this before. It still seemed kind of strange to her. She was just a touch embarrassed by it all. Somewhat timidly she opened the letter and read its contents.

"Dear Snowfall :

Congratulations! Thanks to the very complete application you've sent in, we've found you a match that should prove interesting! Her name is Pathfinder, a real adventurer of a pegasus! For your date, something a little more rough and tumble seems suitable; we've chosen the Gryphon obstacle course at Breakbeak Gulch, which should, if nothing else, at least be a fun workout! I hope next friday at 2:30 PM fits in your schedule! Please write me back if you have any misgivings or problems with getting there at that time!"

Snowfall smiled cautiously. A pegasus who called herself an adventurer? Interesting. She wasn't sure what to make of that. It could mean any number of things, she supposed. This was likely a sort that Snowfall would seldom interact with socially. She actually kind of liked that. She rather liked the thought of meeting somepony new and interesting. She had always had something of an adventurer's spirit herself come to think of it, even if it had never materialized in any way beyond innumerable wanderings around Stalliongrad.

An obstacle course for the setting, eh? Interesting. Snowfall didn't have much chance to do strenuous exercise, but it did sound kind of fun. Her only concern was the location. It seemed miss matchmaker had made an error, or simply didn't have extensive knowledge of the Roughrider Ridge. Breakbeak Gulch? It was most likely she meant Bareback Gulch, the sparse mining town, but it was also possible that Beakbreak City, the dank industrial town was intended. Snow decided to just ask for clarification inn the reply she'd give.

"Dear Miss Matchie,

I do thank you for your prompt reply. I am very much looking forward to meeting this Miss Pathfinder. My main concerns are the time and location. I have a very strict schedule to maintain, and as it is, I have a meeting I can't miss here in Stalliongrad early Friday morning. Even by my speediest airship, it might be an ordeal to get to the location by 2:30. Perhaps something later in the evening might be possible? Additionally, I am not sure what location it is you intend. You wrote to me Breakbeak Gulch; did you intend Bareback Gulch, or perhaps Beakbreak City? I'd hate to arrive in the wrong town. I'd appreciate clarification.

Thank you again for your time and services.

Yours truly,

Snowfall"

"Dear Miss Matchie,

I do thank you for your prompt reply. I am very much looking forward to meeting this Miss Pathfinder. My main concerns are the time and location. I have a very strict schedule to maintain, and as it is, I have a meeting I can't miss here in Stalliongrad early Friday morning. Even by my speediest airship, it might be an ordeal to get to the location by 2:30. Perhaps something later in the evening might be possible? Additionally, I am not sure what location it is you intend. You wrote to me Breakbeak Gulch; did you intend Bareback Gulch, or perhaps Beakbreak City? I'd hate to arrive in the wrong town. I'd appreciate clarification.

Thank you again for your time and services.

Yours truly,

Snowfall"

Mail back! Mail...back, oh dear had she messed up? She dug into the letter, opening it up a bit nervously. Oh, drat, it was the match she had the least certianty in. A quick read-through, and Matchie nearly chipped her desk with her horn for hitting her forehead against it. She'd been so busy getting wrapped up in actually making the match and being nervous about the date itself that she'd made a few errors - bone-headed errors at that. Oh dear oh dear oh dear, at least she had a letter-recall spell. A few quick edits on Pathfinder's letter, she might not be the wiser, and a revised copy went back to Snowfall.

"Hi again Snowfall!

Apologies, and thank you for your quick reply! I did, in fact, mean bareback gulch - hope it isn't too remote! - and fair enough, I've changed your reservations to saturday, same time and location. Not that I know much about flying, but it strikes me an obstacle course might get a bit dangerous if one were to try and fly through it too late in the evening.

Your patronage is incredibly appreciated!

- Matchie"