Lore Weaver (Final)

Lux

(OOC: This one is basically my ponysona)

Roleplay Type: World of Equestria

Name: Lore Weaver

Sex: Male

Species: Unicorn

Eye Color: Light Blue

Coat Color: Purple (A violet purple compared to Twilight's light purple)

Mane/Tail/MarkingsColor&Style: Blue

Physique: tall height but an average build. He's not overly athletic although he trie to participate in some activities.

Cutie Mark: An open book, quill, and inkpot.

Origin/Residence:Born in Canterlot and currently lives in Ponyville.

Motivation: To provide knowledge to all ponies and inspire them and to meet ponies who share in his love for books.

History: Born in Canterlot, Lore Weaver had a fairly normal childhood.HIm mother was a teacher and his father a business pony. School was awkward for him because he was not very athletic and preferred learning. As a result he didn't have many friends and was quite lonely. He would often turn towards his books, especially fantasy novels. They were his escape and his inspiration.

One day Lore Weaver was in the library of Canterlot, a place he frequented often. Suddenly his horn glowed and several books suddenly flew off the shelf and swirled around him like a tornado. He found himself absorbing the knowledge like a sponge without even having to read the entire book! Even more amazing was that he was able to retain all that knowledge. This produced his mark and made him realize that he could become a librarian and a novelist.

He found however that a library job was hard to come by, so he chose the next best thing: being a book seller. Canterlot had too many bookstores as is, so with his parents' blessing and funding he bought a small store and house combination in Ponyville where he hopes to open up soon as a bookstore.

Character Summary: Normally calm and logical, Lore Weaver does not do any rash decisions. He is very levelheaded, and always seems like the voice of authority. Althogh he has a great photographic memory, he is modest, not wanting to brag about it.

He likes order, and when things spin out of control he can panic and try to resolve the problem as fast as possible which can lead to recklessness. He is seen as an egghead, always having a nose in a book. He does, however get out often despite liking books. He is also seen as nerdy and socially awkward, preferring to talk about something he read. When not understanding something her will often go right to a book for help.

Although he is not as adept as some unicorns with magic, he is able to learn new spellsfairly quickly due to his research skills and always is eager to learn them. He is partcularily interested in spells that deal with the gathering and dissemination of knowledge.Lore Weaver has a photographic memory able to process and store tons of information giving him the title of a "walking library". He also has excellent communication skills, good fantasy writer, good business pony, organized to the point of being obsessive.

Though he doesn't think so, he does have a good signing voice. In addition to learning new things, Lore Weaver likes meeting new ponies, peace and calm, being organized, listening to music, learning new magic, and dark chocolate. He doesn't like ignorant or rude ponies or those who don't wish to learn. 

Hey Lux, looks like you already have a [WIP] AND [Final] app in the Applications section. As per the rules...

To keep the number of pending applications to a minimum, please only have one [FINAL] application and one [WIP] application MAXIMUM. No, that does not mean you can have two [FINAL] apps or two [WIP] apps

I assume this is the one you'll want to have removed for now, but I'll wait until you comment just to be sure. :)

Actually you can remove the Iron Will one, as I'm more interested in my Apple Bloom app and this one.

Thanks!

It's actually finished, but I'm waiting for Apple Bloom's app results, then I'll switch this app to a final status.

Considering his ability has the potential to be pretty OP'd in normal conditions, I'm gonna go ahead and say that, if 'absorbing' from a book, he should PROBABLY have difficulties retaining spell-based information, because that in itself is an ability that can be take to extremes in the wrong circumstances.

that's not to say he can't learn new spells - but absorbing and retaining information that way with regards to spells and incantations has potential to be a little TOO much for one pony.

Agreed.

Lore Weaver definitely does not and should not have the same rapid spell retention as Twilight Sparkle. General knowledge like history, technology, literature he can just read and process faster that other ponies, but spells since they're more complex will be harder to process.