[Canterlot]After the Show[Open]

Ashton

The crowds were cheering as the team landed for the final time, Roses were being tossed into the stadium as the 'bolts took their bows and headed inside, Streak stayed longer than the rest, waving at his fans, blowing kisses to the mares and fillies, and over all just grabbing up all the attention they were hosing him with, he loved every moment of it!

When he finally made his way into the backstage area he had more than a few flower petals stuck to his sweat-drenched suit. He gently pushed his goggles up since they were tinted against the sun, improving his vision somewhat, but he still could see almost nothing until his eyes adjusted. Fortunately he knew this first patch was going to be just the large hallway under the stands, it was after he entered the building proper that he would have to watch himself closer. The further he went from the arena, the dimmer the light got as bright sunlight was replaced by flickering candle light. He smiled as he headed for his dressing room. He loved his job, he loved his fans... he did not love walking around the cool back-stage area in a soaking-wet jumpsuit though...

A young mare with deep purple skin, a rainbow tail, and bright eyes cheered wildly after the show. Stella was so happy for the chance to see such an amazing show, since she was always so busy. But what really surprised her was when the announcer for the show picked HER out of the crowd to speak to the audience! maybe it was her Rainbow Dash tail...

As she trotted up to the microphone, she looked at all the ponies, and her body started to feel warm and fuzzy. The words came naturally, with no nervous shakiness within.

"Sirs and ma'ams..." Stella coughed into her hoof before starting. "I'm sure ya all know by now what amazing people the Bolts are. But let me tell you, right now...without them, there wouldn't be this best night of my life. It touches me how their play can move a crowd, drawing eyes in all directions. They can stir the excitement hidden within the most stubborn pony, and dazzle even the greatest of Equestria...and I know now...that without them, I can see a world without the antics of these amazing pegasi..." Soft sobs came from the entranced crowd, and this caused Stella's own light purple eyes to water with held tears. "...thats all I can say."

Streak smiled as he kept walking, hearing most of it, yeah it was a bit cheesy, but hey, they were a stage act in the end, he just kept on walking

((sorry but you really didnt give me anything to go with since Streak is already inside at this point...))

((Its okay. :D I can find a way.))

Right before Stella disappeared into the crowd, the announcer called her back up.

"Would you like to meet the Wonder Bolts, young mare?" At this, The purple pony's eyes lit up brightly.

"Would I? Of Course I would!" Stella said, voice squeaky.

• 2 weeks later...

((I keep forgetting about this thread, feel free to poke me if I do))

Streak had already gotten back to his dressing room by now and slipped out of his costume, though the goggles still dangled around his neck. He was getting ready to take a shower now, and if nobody disturbed him he would soon be unavalible for comment untill afterwards...

(OOC: Why didn't I see this thread before? Funny how I've RPd with both of you but not with these characters. And I'm going to use the announcer pony just to get Sky backstage. Hope no pony minds.)

Sky Flare was excited. No, that wasn't true, he was more than excited. He was literally giddy as he watched the airshow with the Wonderbolts. It wasn't easy getting his ticket as usually the show fills up very quickly. And because he was in Cloudsdale and the show was in Canterlot, those in the city had the easier time getting the tickets. But as luck would have it, he got it.

As the show ended, Sky was excited, almost flying out of his seat. Yet it was bittersweet that the show was now over. This meant back to Cloudsdale with his memories and his dreams of one day becomming a Wonderbolt. He really really really wanted to see a Wonderbolt in person. To him it wasn't just a fanpony's dream. If he hadn't met the Wonderbolt when he was a colt, he would still be scared to fly and definitely would not be the stunt pony that he was today.

Just before he was about to leave he heard the announcer ask for a mare in the crowd to come up on stage and speak. Then she was given a chance to see a Wonderbolt! Sky felt a little jealous, but he quickly shook it off. He was lucky to even be here, and he didn't want to put a bad ending to a great day.

He was about to leave the stands, hoping to get out before te crowd of ponies created a bottleneck when the announcer said, "Let's have another pony have the chance to see a Wonderbolt. How about.... you." Sky saw that the announcer was pointing in his direction, but he was unsure if he was chosen or the others. Clearly the other ponies around him were equally confused. "Yes you... the one with the fiery mane and tail. Come on down!"

Sky almost fainted when he knew it was him. Rather than walk down to the field, he shot into the air and flew down. "So what's you're name sir." the announcer asked. "The name's Sky Flare, but you can call me Sky." "Well Sky, it looks like you're excited to meet a Wonderbolt. Why don't you join the mare and go with her."

Stella watched with excitement as another pony, a pegasus who had called himself Sky Flare, flew over. The announcer pony, then walked into the back to grab at least one Wonderbolt, but so many were already busy! So, he went after Streak.

"Hi, Sky!" Stella said with a wide grin. "Did you like my speech?" The purple earth pony's rainbow tail swayed a bit in the wind, and she was having troubling getting her brownish purple and violet striped mane out of her eyes, to her great annoyance.

(OOC: Glad you could join the party!)

Streak was just about to get into the shower when he heard the knock on the door, he sighed trotting over and answering it "yes?" he asked with a show-stopping smile, but it fell flat when he saw it was the announcer and not a horde of fans. After the explanation of what went on, streak sighed and slipped back into his still-moist uniform, well he would have to wait on that shower he guessed and he followed the announcer out, as soon as he was in sight of the two, he waved and flashed that amazing show-stopping smile again, a smile that was known to make fangirls swoon and even make more than a few fanbois jealous...

"Hi there," Sky said to the mare. Interestingly she had her normal mane color but there was a rainbow tail attached. "you're speech was cool. By the way, what's your name? And that's a neat tail. How did you get that?"

Before he could get an answer, a Wonderbolt appeared out from a door. Sky could instantly tell it was Silver Streak. He knew just about every member of the Wonderbolts by heart.

Sky then realized that the mare was now leaning on him like a crutch to keep her upright. Now came the important part: how to introduce himself to the Wonderbolt. Sky's father always said that first impressions were lasting impressions. The fiery maned pegasus could easily act like a fanpony, squealing with glee, but he decided on another way.

"Hello there, Silver Streak," he said and stuck out a hoof for the Wonderbolt to shake, "My name's Sky Flare. It's an honor to meet you."

Lightning streak cocked his head "I'm sorry, it appears we ahve not been properly introduced" he said, gently lifting the mare's hoof and kissing it "The name is "Lightning Streak"" he explained with that same smile "what what are your names, my honored guests?" he spoke in a slightly deep and suprisingly refined voice, there was the tiniest hint of a british accent in it, just enough to make his fangirls swoon, likely purely cultivated. In fact, everything about this stallion seemed to have been cultivated to what the fans desired, it would make one wonder if they were meeting a real pony, or if they were meeting a character and the real Lightning Streak was nithng like the pony in front of them...

(OOC: Opps! How did I get Silver Streak?)

"Heh. Sorry about that," Sky said a little embarrassed he goofed on the Wonderbolt's name. "I'm Sky Flare. I'm a stunt pony just like you, well not like you since I'm not a Wonderbolt and all. Well not yet, but I intend to be one some day." This Lightning Streak seemed concerned about the mare. Sky began to wonder if this was a good idea being paired with the mare.

Stella hopped over to Sky Flare. "I'm Stella, traveling pony. Singer, and this here pony can speak to crowds like no other, except maybe Celestia and Ponyville's mayor. "Sorry I goofed on your name, as well." The purple pony blushed a little, her cheeks becoming as intense a violet as Rainbow Dash's eyes.

Streak smiled at Skye "keep it up kid, practice hard and maybe one day you'll be standing where I am" he said "we always have our eyes out for new recruits, none of us can keep this up forever" he then turned to the girl and smiled "Stella, such a lovely name" he said "and I'm sure you have an absolutely beautiful voice" he said

Sky gave a big grin when Lightning Streak mentioned how one day Sky might become a Wonderbolt. Sure it was a little cliche as Lightning probably said the same thing to hundreds of other ponies with dreams to be a Wonderbolt one day. Yet still hearing it from him was great.

"Heh thanks Lightning Streak. You know, the Wonderbolts are not only a group that I want to join, they actually helped me when I was a colt. Without them, I may not have been a stunt pony or even able to fly."

"I would be suprised" said Streak, "your voice even now is like a well-tuned viola, and if it's this lovely when your speak I can only imagine how it is when you sing" he smiled. He then turned his attention to Skye "Oh really? I fear it was before my time, I've only been a member for a little over a year" he admitted "if it's a short story, why not share it, as I'm sure you can guess, long before I was allowed to join, I held a deep admiration for the wonderbolts and even now still enjoy tales of their past heroism"

(OOC: Prepare for Call of the Cutie style story)

Sky thought back to that time, pausing before telling his story.

"Well, when I was a colt, I wasn't the best flyer. I wasn't even a good flyer. During that time I was very afraid, not of flying but falling to the ground. I was so afraid that when I tried to fly over an area that did not have a cloud below I would become paralyzed. It got so bad that I would often have to walk everywhere. The other ponies teased me without end, making fun of the fact that I was a pegasus afraid to fly. All of my friends were flying, some even getting their cutie marks. I was afraid that I disappointed my dad who works at Flight School."

"One day the Wonderbolts had a show in Cloudsdale. It was a bittersweet experience. While I loved seeing the Wonderbolts I realized that I couldn't be one if I was too scared to fly. I guess I wasn't watching where I was going when I bumped into a pony. Looking up I found it was a Wonderbolt. He asked me why I was sad and I explained that I was afraid of falling. He told me all I had to do was find my inner courage to not let the fear take control of my life. His words gave me the courage to take flight and after thanking him I flew into the air. I amazed my friends by performing awesome tricks as naturally as breathing. And then my cutie mark appeared. The rest they say is history."

Lightning smiled "Inspiring courage is one of the things the wonderbolts are good at" he said "to tell the truth, I had no real aim in life when I was a foal, it was the wonderbolts that showed me what I needed to do, who I needed to become" he explained "Never give up on your dreams, either of you, if you work hard enough you will prevail" he smiled "just look at me" he chuckled "but seriously, don't give up, aim for the stars and one day you will find yourself up there with them"

Stella smiled brightly. "You really think so? I'm no pegasus, but I don't think that could stop anypony from traveling to a place that fits, be it in themselves our in the world! Oh, Lightning, you are SO right." Stella hopped about, then turned. "I just hope we can have some peace in this time where, like any society, riches means, most of the time, power. Still, that doesn't stop life from being cheerful and FUN!"

Sky smiled at Lightning's response. It was one thing to have faith in himself, but it was another if others had faith in him. Stella's rousing speech to Lightning further added to the excitement. "Thanks Lightning," Sky said after waiting for Stella's speech to be completed. "I am going to keep reaching towards my goals."

Then Sky had an idea. "Hey Lightning, do you want to see me perform a trick or two. After all, I saw all of you ot there. What do you say?"

"That's the spirit, kids" smiled Lighting 'ugh, Im never going to get that shower...' he thought silently to himself, but he was still willing to put up with the damp, smelly, costume if it meant making his fans happy "Well it takes more than just me to make you a wonderbolt" he smiled, joking "though if you really want, just be careful, it's a little tight back here"

He turned to Stella, she was an oddball, but she was still a fan, and smiled "my dear, you don't have to be a pegasus to soar the stars, poetically speaking, just always follow your heart and you will one day find that which you desire the most"