[Solstice Heights] Daybreak [Closed]

AlisonRose

AppleBumpkin2withtextattmept2.png

It was just a normal day for Apple Bumpkin as she wandered around Solstice Heights looking for a new kind of plant to add to her garden back home that she kept just for exotic flowers that you couldn't find anywhere else. She had gotten a tip that there was a kind of flower that only grew up in Solstice Heights so she set off for there not knowing the lay of the land but trusting that she could find her way around if need be. The weather was nice though, it was sunny with just the right amount of breeze to not be too hot nor too cold. The sun was just coming up which meant that there was nothing but opportunity ahead of Apple Bumpkin and anypony or other that she would meet along the way to finding this elusive flower of hers.

" 'Ah just hope 'Ah left enough food for the Chicks and all." She said with a slight frown as she stretched before beginning the assent into the heavens in search of this flower. She kept thinking about her beloved chickens and her apple trees that would be left unattended while she was hunting for this flower, also she thought about all the bits she was loosing simply by not going to market for these few days that she was up here. " 'Ah guess 'Ah'll just have ta find some way ta supplament my Bit income someway or another." She sighed as she kept walked, it was a nice thing for her to do though, getting away from the farm for a while and not being on her very strict reutine would help her find some peace and quiet so long as she didn't fall down or anything. "The sooner 'Ah find this flower, the sooner 'Ah can go home and take care of the Chicks." She said with a determined face as she looked up into the clouds. "T'aint no turnin back now." She began to climb again thinking to herself, 'Ah don't rightly like heights.

((OOC: Please PM me if you would like to join into this RP, only Jester is allowed to jump in here without asking.

Thanks with love,

Alison))

(ooc): Thanks for the invite, Allison!

201px-This_One%27s_Too_Old_2_S2E17.png

Mr Waddle

Taking a leisurely stroll in the country, Mr Waddle happens to spot Apple Bumpkin in the distance.

"My my," the older gray furred stallion said. "That young filly seems to be searching for something. Perhaps she's lost something valuable. I should offer to help her recover it!"

Trotting over to her, Mr. Waddle adjusts his glasses and introduces himself.

"Hello young filly, I'm Mr. Waddle. I don't mean to pry, but I noticed you seem to be looking for something. Perhaps I can help you find it! What does it look like?"

Apple Bumpkin turned to properly face this new pony. She was bewildered as to why he wasn't keeled over yet but kept that to herself.

"In fact 'Ah am lookin for somethin. Oh, pardon me. My name is Apple Bumpkin and 'Ah'm from the farm out by Fillydelphia, Tiny Apple Valley, if ya've ever heard of it." She said with a huge grin and a curtsy to Mr. Waddles.

" 'Ah'm very happy to make your acquaintance Mr. Waddles!" She wanted to comment about his age but found that if she did that she would surely have to slap herself for not being very polite.

" 'Ah'm looking for this flower that aperently only grows up here in the Solstice Heights. 'Ah just hope that 'Ah can find it and make it home before the Chicks get outa hand and all. Thank ya for yer concern Mr. Waddles!" She said with a very friendly nuzzle on his cheek, she did love old ponies as they always told the best stories bar none, if this pony was going to follow her and help her find the flower then so be it, so long as he was prepared to tell some fancy stories! She stretched a little and then sniffed the air, surely the sun beating down would help to clear up the fog that was covering the top of Solstice Heights. There wasn't anything that Apple Bumpkin needed to complain about due to the fact that seeing the sun made her very happy and now that it was beating down on Equestria and the winds were blowing just light enough to keep her in a peaceful mood.

"Oh yes, Tiny Apple Valley!" Mr Waddle neighed. "I've been there many times in my travels. Lovely place, very lovely indeed! Looking for a flower you say? Maybe I've seen it before. Please describe it to me. Seen a LOT of flora and fawna in my day. Like I can remember when I used to live in Trottingham a few decades ago, the town's mayor once appointed me to judge the annual Celebration of Flowers parade! Oh, it was quite beautiful, yes indeed! The only rule of the parade is that every parade float MUST be covered with flowers. Sounds easy enough, but it took a lot of effort to keep the ponies along the parade route from nibbling on all the floats as they passed by! T'was very tempting, I must say. Oh dear, there I go rambling on and on. All this talk's not finding your flower. Please tell me all about it. Do you have a photo of one?"

Apple Bumpkin nodded her head to Mr. Waddle as she pulled a picture of the flower from her saddlebags, it was a rather luminescent blue flower that had some white speckles on it.

"Ya ever see one of these?" She asked Mr. Waddles, surely if he had there was going to be another story like the one about the parade. " 'Ah don't rightly know where abouts here this'n flower would be but 'Ah do know that it is said to only grow here in Solstice Heights." She grinned a little but hung her head in shame for not even knowing the name of the flower or where here in Solstice Heights she could find it, some great flower collecting pony she was. " 'Ah just hope that 'Ah aint distracting you from something important back from where ya came is t'all." She nodded her head a few times and then looked up into the Heights, no idea where to begin, no idea where to end she thought to herself. She then turned back to Mr. Waddles and gave him a rather large smile as she awaited his response about his day before they left off.

"Ah yes! I've seen that flower before, Apple Bumpkin!" the kind hearted elderly stallion neighed. "And you're absolutely correct, these are only found in this area."

Listening to the filly's concerns about himself, Mr. Waddle simply smiled.

"Don't worry about that, young filly. I've been retired for a number of years and the rest of my day is free. It'd be my pleasure to help you search for this beautiful flower. If my memory's correct, there should be an entire field of those flowers just above the next ridge. Found them there quite by accident a long time ago, back when my Daisy Hay was still around. May she rest in peace. We had a picnic in that field a few months before she passed away."

It's been a rather slow day for Felicity the woodland creatures were doing fine on there own and needed no assistance, the gardens have already been tended to twice so the young griffin decided to make this her day off. She headed towards the field where she liked to sunbathe, the grass was always warm and inviting while the sun's rays hit her coat just right, making her feel at peace with everything in the world. It was the best part of living among the pony folk.

Just as Felicity got to her usual spot when she heard voices being carried by the breeze, being ever so curious she kept low to the grass and stalked forward. Sure enough she spotted the source of the chatter, one elderly stallion and one young mare. She was only able to pick up bits and pieces of their conversation something about looking for a flower and a field. Unsure of how the two would react to her, Felicity stuck to staying in the grass even though her grey coat colour made her stick out like a sore thumb.

Apple Bumpkin felt sad for the elderly pony who must have lost someone very close to them to have such fond memories of them. " 'Ah'm sorry ta hear about who 'Ah'm assuming is yer wife." She hung her head in shame and then was alerted by a gray blob moving through the grass near by them. "Umm... What in the world is that?" Apple Bumpkin asked wondering if Mr. Waddles had any idea what kind of new creature this blob of gray was. " 'Ah just hope that whatever it is doesn't want to hurt us, 'Ah don't want to leave Solstice Heights without the flower." She said with a grumpy look on her face as she sniffed the air trying to get a better whiff of what that blob was.

"Wait just a second, that blob has wings. You there, stand up and show yourself, it isn't polite to sneak around!" She said twisting her face into a '=/' then curtsying to this blob with wings. "Mah name is Apple Bumpkin, and this'n here is Mr. Waddles, we are simply looking for a very special flower. Maybe you could help us find it and tell us why you were sneakin around?"

"Yes Apple Bumpkin, Daisy Hay was my wife," Mr. Waddle said, "we shared a lot of wonderful years together and.."

The glasses wearing stallion suddenly stopped speaking when he spotted movement in the grass.

"Bless my soul! What is that?" he asked as Apple Bumpkin asked the 'blob' to show itself and Felicity emerged from the underbrush. The elderly stallion did a double take. In all his decades living in Equestria, he had never seen a griffin quite like her. Her tail was somewhat shorter than the typical griffin and her front feet more closely resembled paws than claws. After the younger filly introduced herself to her, Mr. Waddle approached her with his trademark smile.

"Good day to you, miss! What is your name?"

Startled Felicity sunk deeper into the grass unsure if she really wanted to confront these ponies or not, but they seemed harmless enough and if things got really bad she could defend herself and fly away. She took a deep breathe and wandered out of the tall grass, the feathers on top of her head sticking straight up from not knowing what might happen. Felicity bowed her head respectfully to both ponies "Hello. . . my name is Felicity Silverbeak. . ."

Apple Bumpkin extended her hoof to this new found griffon.

"Well 'Ah've never met a Griffon before. Felicity you said your name was? Nice ta meet ya!" She had a massive grin on her face as she was glad to meet a new friend even if it was a griffon, she had only heard that Griffons were proud people and knew the lands of Solstice Heights very well. "Maybe she could help us find this'n here flower Mr. Waddles!" She nodded her head towards Felicity who more then likely knew what and where this flower could be found. She hoped that this new found Felicity wouldn't turn out to be a back stabbing evil Griffon like the one that her cousin once told her about. "Ya seem ta be far away from home, what were ya doing out here Sugarcube?" She tilted her head a bit to Felicity and kept her smile very broad.

"Perhaps you can help us, Miss Felicity," Mr Waddle said as the elderly stallion handed her the photo Apple Bumpkin had given him previously. "Have you seen this flower in your travels? I can faintly remember a large field of those growing just above that next rise, but that was many years ago. They may not grow in that area anymore."

Mr Waddle tried not to stare at their new friend, but this griffin was completely different than any he had encountered before. Felicity also seemed much kinder and gentler than other griffins too. The glasses wearing stallion felt comfortable around her.

Still nervous around the new ponies she just stared down at her paws, gently scuffing at dirt underpaw. The two ponies seem nice enough they have yet to run away screaming in terror, she took a deep breathe then looked up at the two ponies first at Mr. Waddle then at Apple Bumpkin. After a moment of long silence Felicity looked down at the photo of the flower deeply confused as to why the pony was looking for this lovely plant, she knew where it was but she didn't want to lead the ponies there until she knew what for. "Yes, I know of the plant and they have been moved due to lack of sunshine. . . but what business do you have with it? You're not going to take all the flowers and destroy the fields are you?" she asked cautiously "Oh and to answer your question Apple Bumpkin I was actually born and raised here by some nice ponyfolk after my parents couldn't keep my egg"

Apple Bumpkin looked at Felicity with a strange and confused face, raised by ponies she said, how very interesting. She trotted around in a circle trying to gather her thoughts, the whole time messing with her handkerchief trying to get it to be centered again.

"Why would anypony want to destroy these'n lovely flowers? 'Ah mean, 'Ah only wanted one of two so that I could plant them in my exotic flower garden back on mah farm is t'all." She then tapped her chin with her hoof unsure of how to proceed with getting Felicity to help them get to these flowers. "Ya could come to the farm and see it if'n ya wanted to that is." She thought, having a Griffon friend who was very good with nature would sure help if she needed any gardening tips about these exotic flowers. Apple Bumpkin then sneezed and was in shock that she sneezed, she wasn't sick or anything and she began to look around. "They say down on the farm that if'n ya sneeze and yer not sick that means somepony is thinkin about ya." She looked to Felicity and Mr. Waddles not thinking it meant them but had no guess as to what this sneeze meant.

"Merciful heavens!" Mr Waddle neighed in reaction to Felicity's stern words about taking the flowers and ruining the fields. "We would never do something so horrible! No pony would ever cause such devastation to such a beautiful place such as this! I have a lot of fond memories attached to that field over the rise. Although I'm sad that the flowers were moved from there. I am delighted about their relocation. We mean no harm to your fields, Miss Felicity. By all means, you may supervise Miss Bumpkin if you like."

Felicity's words began to sink in.

"YOU were raised by ponies, Miss Felicity? How interesting! Bet you have a very unique perspective on life. I'd love to hear about it sometime."

Felicity gave the two good long look to make sure they weren't lying, it's true most all ponies are nice and level headed but it never hurts to be too careful. With a slight nod more towards herself than towards the others she decided to show them where the flowers reside, allowing the feathers on the top of her head to relax. "One can never be too careful when it comes to what I cherish most. The flowers weren't moved too far just far enough so that they get the right amount of expose twenty-four seven." she pointed just east from where they stood with a paw "We moved them over there on a nice hill that way when it rained they wouldn't have too much water but just right amount of sun and if I recall correctly they should be in bloom." she gave the duo a huge grin and headed towards the direction. "If you two have any questions please feel free to ask"

Apple Bumpkin walked closer to Felicity and kept pace with her as they ventured near and far to find the ellusive flower, it was good to have Felicity with them not only to guide them but to be able to converse about her love of plants since Apple Bumpkin herself enjoyed this sort of talk. " 'Ah do have one question, how would ya go about plantin these here flowers if'n you wanted to make per say a small garden entry with them?" She had no idea how to word her thoughts and resorted that it would be best to come out blunt rather then as a secret squirrel. " 'Ah only plan to take the seeds of a few if'n that is fine and dnandy with you. Otherwise 'Ah could just perhaps convince ya to come and visit the farm every so often and take care of them? 'Ah don't want ta burden ya in anyway or nothing sugarcube." She fiddled with her handkerchief as she did when she was nervous even though she knew it was set perfectly at the moment. She smiled to Mr. Waddles and winked at him. "Thank ya for yer help Mr. Waddles, yall been nice and kind to me and 'Ah just wanted ta thank ya." Her grin ever growing on her face.

"Thank you for your hospitality, young griffin," Mr. Waddle said with his trademark smile. "It made sense to move those lovely flowers if they were in danger at their previous location. How very wise to relocte them.

Hearing Apple Bumpkin's compliment made the elderly stallion blush a little.

"You are quite welcome, miss. It was my pleasure to be of assistance. I. for one, would love to witness you planting these seeds on your farm," the eyeglass wearing stallion said as he then looked up at Felicity. "Why not come with us, miss Felicity? Apple Bumpkin and myself truly treasure your company."

"Well of course I'll come, I have to make sure Apple Bumpkin gets the right amount of seeds for her garden" Felicity stated as she continued to head for the new fields. She noticed that as the trio walked that Apple Bumpkin kept messing around with that handkerchief almost as a nervous gesture, this worried the young griffin "What if she's actually afraid of me? What if that stallion doesn't like me either? What if they hate me and are trying to lure me into some sort of trap!" the thoughts rang through her mind as they got closer to the field, the feathers on her head stood straight up from panic and fear of the unknown. The mare's voice snapped Felicity back into reality, running a paw over her feather laying them down flat again she thought of a reply. "Taking the seeds are fine as long as you don't take may of course. Hm, let me think in order to keep these flowers healthy in your garden make sure they get plenty of sunlight and put them in a place where not too much water will collect around the roots or it will kill the easily. I wouldn't mind coming over to help you every now and again if need be."

Felicity turned her gaze to the old stallion with a questioning look "I know why Apple Bumpkin is here, but what about you . . . . Mr. Waddle was it? What brings you to this part of the field?"

Apple Bumpkin turned to Mr. Waddles. "Oh, he is just here to accompany me. He had the day off and saw me climbin the Heights by mahself and wanted to spend his day with a nice and pretty filly." She had a very large almost sarcastic grin on her face as she knew that the last part wasn't exactly true and that bragging about herself was no way to impress the other pony nor the Griphon friend she had just made. She leaned in towards Mr Waddles and gave a face that was both very lovely but also sort of scary with the way she was smiling and had her eyes really wide. She then returned to her very marelike pose and coughed a bit then sighed, being presentable at all times was hard on her and she often found herself having to remind herself that she wasn't going to get any business if she didn't look the part at all.

((OOC: Failure post is Failure =/ Had no idea how to carry on the conversation without Mr Waddles speaking so... Q.Q))

(ooc): You did fine with it, Alison!

Mr Waddle smiled a bit at Apple Bumpkin's reasons for him being there. Actually, he had just spotted her purely by chance as he was taking a walk in the woods. Now he wanted to help Apple Bumpkin achieve her goal of obtaining the seeds of a special flower. It was ok with the elderly stallion to go along with the filly's explanation.

"That's right, Miss Felicity," Mr Waddle said, "happy to be of service! Hopefully, Miss Apple Bumpkin will be able to plant those special seeds back on her farm and someday soon, grow an entire field of these lovely flowers!"

The young griffin nodded at the responses and hurried towards the fields, it was a short walk over a hill or two till Felicity finally came to a stop at the top of the hill. She sat back on her haunches waiting for the ponies to catch up before introducing the two to the fields. "Well Apple Bumpkin and Mr. Waddles the field of blue flowers! Yes, those are the names of the flowers and no don't ask why." she said with excitement.

She turned her gaze over to Apple Bumpkin "Please pick as many flowers as you need"

(OOC: Put in the words Blue flower in Google and there is an actual flower called Blue flower so... yea. -uncreativity everywhere!-)

Apple Bumpkin was too busy giggling at the name to think that it was actually safe to grab some of the seeds for her garden. She straightened up and returned to her very stoic pose and fiddled with her handkerchief and then opened her saddlebag and got out what seemed to be a small pouch.

"This is just a Seed Pouch so that the seeds will get lost in mah bags." She showed the bag to Felicity so that she could confirm the fact that it wasn't anything malicious or deceitful. She then went over to the nearest flower and began to tap it to get a few of the seeds out of it into her Seed Pouch. After she had gotten about twelve seeds into the pouch she tied it off and put it back into her Saddlebags then proceeded to back up to Mr. Waddles and curtsy to Felicity. "Thank ya very much for lettin me get these seeds. As well as thank you Mr. Waddles for sharing your story with me about these lovely flowers. 'Ah hope that I can live up to your expectations and get some growing on mah farm soon." She had a very large grin on her face and then remembered that Mr. Waddles had yet to tell Felicity the story about him and his wife. "OH, before 'Ah forget Mr. Waddles you might want to tell Felicity that story you told me before, it was very touching." She almost shed a tear just thinking about it since she had a very vivid picture of Mr. Waddles and his wife frolicking in the field before settling down for a pick nick.

"Ah, I'd love to share the tale with you, Felicity," Mr. Waddle said. "My dear departed wife and I used to take walks in this area, even had picnics in the area above that hill, where these lovely flowers used to be. Oh, all those wonderful times with Daisy Hay! She was the only filly I ever loved, the only one I ever married."

Now Mr Waddle wiped a few tears from his eyes. He has long accepted his dear wife's passing, but still, he couldn't help but shed a few tears when the elderly pony thought of her.

Felicity got misty eye'd for a moment before swiftly wiping the tears away with a paw. It was touching that the elderly stallion had such a strong connection with his wife and it's sad to know that they are apart now. Without thinking the young griffin gave Mr. Waddles a warm hug in hopes that it would make him feel better about his loss. "That was indeed a very touching story Mr. Waddles. I'm sure your wife was a very beautiful mare."

Turning her gaze to Apple Bumpkin she asked "Do you have everything you need?" she smiled happily.