Plant Team

Chonico

It didn’t take Klondike long to finish setting the wheel in place, but after that small part was done, he began to attach the cart to the back of the plow.

He was trying to make sure to attach it properly to the simple plow and that required him to get a bit dirty. Taking a length of rope in his mouth, he unceremoniously fell over on his side and began to kick his hind legs to push himself underneath the plow. Once he finished securing the cart, he began to kick his hind legs again and began to push himself out from underneath the cart on the other side. As his head poked out, he saw Inky attaching the wheel and he began to look at her hoof-work.

“Hmm… Nice job Miss Inky!” Klondike suddenly called out from his place on the ground as he took another look at the wheel. “Now we can get this plow plowing and the snow moved.”

Again Klondike began to kick his hind legs and pushed himself out from underneath the plow and quickly jumped inside to begin pushing. A slight grunt escaped him as he positioned himself and his hind legs slipped and failed to get footing on the snow.

A few more attempts and eventually momentum became his friend and the plow began moving.

“Care to grab a shovel and follow me along? Just shovel the snow into the cart as we move forward and we’ll empty it out when it’s full.”

Klondike didn’t look at Inky, but his twitching right ear was.

“So what is it that you do Miss inky?”

Inkie had finished locking the wheel in its place, then looked back up to Klondike, listening for anything else he had to say.

“Hmm… Nice job Miss Inky!” She smiled warmly, glad she was actually being a help. “Now we can get this plow plowing and the snow moved.”

“Care to grab a shovel and follow me along? Just shovel the snow into the cart as we move forward and we’ll empty it out when it’s full.”

Inkie gave a quick nod and dashed over to the shovels before picking one up and trotting back, almost tripping up on the way back as she was more intrigued in watching his twitching ear than looking where she was going.

“So what is it that you do Miss inky?”

She blushed, and for the first time spoke more than just a few words to him, "Well.. I've been helping my parents, at the rock farm outside of Ponyville.. But hopefully soon I'll get to go look for something to do somewhere else~ Oh I can't wait, traveling is going to be fun!"

The white mare pushed her plow to the edge of the field, looking at her work. With all the plows in use, it looked like this patch of land would be ready in time, but it was getting late already.

'Well' She thought to herself, wiping the sweat of her forehead with one hoof 'At least I could do my part..' She stood there next to her plow, noticing for the first time that it got noticeably warmer. She shuddered in disgust.

With a fluid movement of her wings, she sprinkled the air around her with some of her atmospheric cooler, allowing the temperature to drop for a few degrees, giving her a little relieve.

She sighed contently, the looked around. Ponies were gathering on the other side. She decided to join them.