Derp in the Life

Mojo

This is one of the "Da(ng)ed, if you do, Da(ng)ed if you don't" situations, I think the best solution for them would be to pull a move where they don't show her eyes, that way people will be annoyed but not really raging as much as if her eyes were the 'wrong' color. As much as I hate to say it, the less canon information we get about most of these characters, the better, because it only fuels rage and hurts our reputation as a whole with Hasbro...

Yeah, but I guess Hasbro's not worried about hurting THEIR reputation with US!

Witness today's (4-14-12) re-airing of "The Last Roundup", the FIRST re-airing since the 'Derpy' contraversy. And guess what? They edited the part with Derpy in it. Rainbow dash doesn't call her by name and Derpy's voice was changed.

Oh well, at least the 'true' version of that scene's still available on YouTube and on the "Friendship Express" DVD

Witness today's (4-14-12) re-airing of "The Last Roundup", the FIRST re-airing since the 'Derpy' contraversy. And guess what? They edited the part with Derpy in it. Rainbow dash doesn't call her by name and Derpy's voice was changed.

Oh well, at least the 'true' version of that scene's still available on YouTube and on the "Friendship Express" DVD

I was wondering which version the might use. i think that fact was one of the main reasons I finally broke down and got the Friendship Express DVD. At least she's still hilariously cross-eyed in later episodes!

I was wondering which version the might use. i think that fact was one of the main reasons I finally broke down and got the Friendship Express DVD. At least she's still hilariously cross-eyed in later episodes!

The really sad part of all this is, because of all the 'Derpy' contraversy, she'll probably never 'talk' again in the series.

:(:(:(

The really sad part of all this is, because of all the 'Derpy' contraversy, she'll probably never 'talk' again in the series.

:-(:-(:-(

Yeah, that's what I fear, too. Alas... At least it was amazing to hear her talk that once. Derpy spoke, and the fandom let out a collective squee! I'm sure she knows we all love 'er.

:-(:-(:-(

Sad part is I actually liked the new voice...(though I still say Ashleigh ball didn't even *try* when they redub'd Rainbow) from a technical standpoint, I hope it gets recycled, though I'd love to see derpy get a permanent promotion to supporting cast she's probably forever ineligible now... T_T

I'm just hoping she returns in S3. As I said before by the time TLR came 'round probably most if not ALL the initial animation was done, at most they probably only had a little cleanup and syncing to do, so it would be too much trouble to edit her out or "fix" her but with S3 so far off they have plenty time if they decide to retcon her... not even speaking of possible S4+... (To be realistic, though, even after the controversy (AFAIK) there haven't been any vocal complaints about her as a 'wheres waldo' gag, so she'll probably be left in on that basis, though with companies' tenancies to over-shoot the 'middle ground'...)