An avid RPer looking to get started

NeilWacaster

About myself: I am a college student looking to make his mark on the world. I love playing role playing games, especially DnD, so was excited to find this site!

How did you hear about Canterlot.com?: I was looking for a MLP RP website, and google was kind enough to show me to your door.

How did you became a fan of FiM?: I had heard about this show all over the internet, and started wondering if I would like it. After seeing "Read it and Weep," I was hooked.

My one favourite main cast pony?: Rainbow Dash FTW!

I look forward to adventuring with you here at Canterlot.com!

Welcome to the forums! After getting your 3 posts in here, be sure to read the RP rules for applications in the applications child board in the Roleplaying section.

Welcome to the forums! After getting your 3 posts in here, be sure to read the RP rules for applications in the applications child board in the Roleplaying section.

LOL, sorry, still getting used to the site. I accidentally replied to you when I meant to reply to someone else.

I've been looking over the rules, looking forward to creating my character!

Hello fellow RP'er. A quick and good way to get into an RP would be in the Free RP section, where you don't need an application. For the Mane RP you must fill out an application. I'm always up for an RP, so feel free to PM me or find one of the rps I am in in the free RP section.

Once Again Welcome to Canterlot :D

Ummmmmm.... Yeah. Definitely an egghead.

My DnD character is a librarian and book maker, if that gives you any idea. I'd love to do an RP with you! Which board?

My DnD was a rogue, way back when. Chaotic Neutral... So fun to lure people into alleyways and take them for all they had... Anyways, the Mane RP, of course! Just get your applications assessed and approved, which should be easy and fun, you egghead :) I look forward to seeing you ^_^

Hello fellow RP'er. A quick and good way to get into an RP would be in the Free RP section, where you don't need an application. For the Mane RP you must fill out an application. I'm always up for an RP, so feel free to PM me or find one of the rps I am in in the free RP section.

Once Again Welcome to Canterlot :D

OK, so I don't have to fill out an application for my OC character to go ahead and get started in the Free RP section? SWEET.

Indeed welcome! One can never have to many DnD players, and believe me when I say there are plenty enough here (myself included).

So, good luck and I look forward to seeing you 'round the rp threads!

My DnD was a rogue, way back when. Chaotic Neutral... So fun to lure people into alleyways and take them for all they had... Anyways, the Mane RP, of course! Just get your applications assessed and approved, which should be easy and fun, you egghead :) I look forward to seeing you ^_^

Chaotic neutral ... :scream:

So, for my application I just create a character using the template on the "Creating and RP character" page, submit it to the board, and the mods will either approve it or disapprove? Then, once I have a pony approved, I'm free to start playing in the Mane RP with you? Is that right?

Trying to figure all this out .... :)

Yes, that is how it works, plus RP Helpstaff are here to Give constructive feedback in how to improve your app so it has the best chance of being accepted.

I also started with DnD as well. I always found myself playing the most ridiculous characters, specifically in evil campaigns. I would always play a crazy cultist of some dark god. I also played a little bit of D20 modern, as well as Dark Heresy and Deathwatch.

I haven't gotten the chance to play an evil campaign yet, it sounds like so much fun though :)

OF COURSE! I'm playing my next DnD session this saturday. I wonder what they would say if I told them I was making a character on a MLP RP board ... probably laugh in my face. LOL

Just tell them you are playing a fearsome equestrian in a magic-powered multiverse. :B

Just tell them you are playing a fearsome equestrian in a magic-powered multiverse. :B

LOLOLOL

By the way, would you look over my character sheet I just made? I'd love a second opinion before I send it to the mods.

Roleplay Type: Fim/Show Roleplay

Name: Richard Hitchens

Species: Pegasus

Coat Color: Light Blue

Mane/Tail Color & Style: Short, wavy, silver

Eye Color: Radiant blue

Cutie Mark: An open scroll, with quill

Physique: A bit small, rather bookish, so not much muscle.

Origin: Solstice Heights

Occupation: Reporter, owner of an independent newspaper, the Equestria Express. He has also published several popular books.

Motivation: Rich loves being in the middle of all the action.

Likes: Books and libraries, classical music, newspapers. He enjoys being his own boss. Loves to bring order out of chaos. Has a secret desire to be an actor.

Dislikes: Rather prudish at times, he dislikes getting his hooves dirty. He hates working under the command of others.

Character Summary:

Born in the little hamlet of Solstice Heights, Richard Hitchens was a bright, inquisitive lad from the start. He felt cramped in his small mountain home, and so left for higher studies in Canterlot at a much earlier age than most ponies. Although the classes were perfect for his agile mind, he found social life to be rather difficult, seeing that he was smaller and more awkward than the others. He buried himself in his books, trying to escape from the pain he felt inside. Fortunately, he signed up to report for his school's newspaper on a whim, and found his life's calling. When he put on his reporter's cap, he found that people respected him. He suddenly was in control, confident. As if this wasn't enough confirmation, after a few weeks his cutie mark appeared, a weathered scroll with inked quill ready for writing. His skills were noticed by one of the most prestigious newspapers in Canterlot, while he was still in high school. His five years working for Canterlot Daily were a huge honor and helped him hone his skills as a reporter and writer. However, he found his supervisor oppressive, and so this experience taught him that he wanted to work for himself, and start his own newspaper.

It has been four years since Richard graduated from university, and what a whirlwind they have been. His newspaper is finally picking up a readership after years of arduous labor. His bestselling books on science have also helped build his reputation around Equestria. His most popular title is "The Skeptic's Guide to Science," which is widely acclaimed as the best way to learn science from a witty, engaging perspective.

You'll find Richard in the middle of all the action, wherever news is to be found. In fact, I think you just missed him. He just set off on his latest adventure.