An avid RPer looking to get started

NeilWacaster

Yes, that is how it works, plus RP Helpstaff are here to Give constructive feedback in how to improve your app so it has the best chance of being accepted.

By the way, would you look over my character sheet I just made? I'd love a second opinion before I send it to the mods.

Roleplay Type: Fim/Show Roleplay

Name: Richard Hitchens

Species: Pegasus

Coat Color: Light Blue

Mane/Tail Color & Style: Short, wavy, silver

Eye Color: Radiant blue

Cutie Mark: An open scroll, with quill

Physique: A bit small, rather bookish, so not much muscle.

Origin: Solstice Heights

Occupation: Reporter, owner of an independent newspaper, the Equestria Express. He has also published several popular books.

Motivation: Rich loves being in the middle of all the action.

Likes: Books and libraries, classical music, newspapers. He enjoys being his own boss. Loves to bring order out of chaos. Has a secret desire to be an actor.

Dislikes: Rather prudish at times, he dislikes getting his hooves dirty. He hates working under the command of others.

Character Summary:

Born in the little hamlet of Solstice Heights, Richard Hitchens was a bright, inquisitive lad from the start. He felt cramped in his small mountain home, and so left for higher studies in Canterlot at a much earlier age than most ponies. Although the classes were perfect for his agile mind, he found social life to be rather difficult, seeing that he was smaller and more awkward than the others. He buried himself in his books, trying to escape from the pain he felt inside. Fortunately, he signed up to report for his school's newspaper on a whim, and found his life's calling. When he put on his reporter's cap, he found that people respected him. He suddenly was in control, confident. As if this wasn't enough confirmation, after a few weeks his cutie mark appeared, a weathered scroll with inked quill ready for writing. His skills were noticed by one of the most prestigious newspapers in Canterlot, while he was still in high school. His five years working for Canterlot Daily were a huge honor and helped him hone his skills as a reporter and writer. However, he found his supervisor oppressive, and so this experience taught him that he wanted to work for himself, and start his own newspaper.

It has been four years since Richard graduated from university, and what a whirlwind they have been. His newspaper is finally picking up a readership after years of arduous labor. His bestselling books on science have also helped build his reputation around Equestria. His most popular title is "The Skeptic's Guide to Science," which is widely acclaimed as the best way to learn science from a witty, engaging perspective.

You'll find Richard in the middle of all the action, wherever news is to be found. In fact, I think you just missed him. He just set off on his latest adventure.

On mobile, but you don't have to send it to the mods, just make a thread in the applications section with your characters name and it's status as either WIP or FINAL in brackets at the end of the topic title. On the subject of your app. It looks like it has a very solid base for it to stand on, but the helpstaff are better at this than I am.

:scream: Every time you rainboom god kills a kitten. Think of the fuzzy kittens.

I believe that you, Discord, are the only deity in Equestria that would dare harm a kitten. For shame.

BTW, we just started a new RP over in the Free-for-all, if you'd like to watch. http://www.canterlot.com/topic/7445-it-all-started-in-a-little-cafe-in-stalliongrad-open/

:20: Such an accusing nugget. I might be tempted to slip into this RP for amusement. Bwahwhahahawww.

Accuse? Why would I accuse the being who tried to destroy the sanctity of my hometown of Ponyville of doing a dastardly deed? Oh that's right, because you tried to set yourself up as supreme ruler, and destroy all I care about.

By all means, Discord. I look forward to meeting you. You evil, evil destroyer of worlds.