Howdy! This here thread is an OOC thread pertaining to everything about the Apple family and all of their distant relatives. If you have any questions about the board canon Apple family, please refer to this thread. If you would like to role play with any of the Apple members or have any ideas, please let us know by posting here or sending a private message to any of the Apple family members.

Apple Family Role Play Members:

Alison Rose - Alison Rose's Character Log

brianblackberry - brianblackberry's Character Log

Lux - Lux's Character Log

Mojo - Mojo's Character Log

QuickLime - QuickLime's Character Log

riverhippo - riverhippo's Character Log

Robikku Pegasus - Robikku Pegasus' Character Log

Starburst

SteelEagle - SteelEagle's Character Log

Apple Family Ponies:

Tier 1:

Applejack - riverhippo

Apple Bloom - Steel Eagle

Big Macintosh - Robikku Pegasus

Granny Smith - Mojo

Tier 2:

Braeburn - brianblackberry

Tier 3:

Apple Bumpkin - Alison Rose

Apple Strudel - Mojo

Caramel Apple - SteelEagle

Pink Lady - QuickLime

Red Delicious - QuickLime

Original Characters:

Apple Cinnamon - Lux

Valen Orange - SteelEagle

The Apple Family Tree

(pending major reconstruction)

CLICK HERE for an interactive tree

familytree1.png

Family Tree Notes:

- If you wish to make an original character, they will not be allowed to be related to any of the tier 1 or tier 2 characters in the family, such as Applejack or Braeburn. Any character developments related to the Apple family, either original or tier 3, will need to be obscure cousins or other distant relatives.

- This tree will continue to grow as other apple ponies become characterized on the board role play. There are probably hundreds of ponies that could be listed on the tree, but the are left out in order to give future players a chance to spur their own creativity.

- Original characters can be placed into the tree as they become applied for.

- Just because Granny Smith's family started the orchard that founded Ponyville, doesn't mean that all apple ponies have to be from Sweet Apple Acres. Any extended family outside of this origin would need to be under ancestors that were either siblings to Pokey Oaks or Sew 'n' Sow or above.

- There are several canon apple ponies that are not listed on the tree because their character has not been finalized. Some of the connections with the apple family are questionable, but are sometimes implied because of their country nature and/or because of an apple-related cutie mark. If you are interested in being a low tier cast character or background character, please refer to the character pool that I have conveniently set up. These names and information are drawn from the MLP Wiki page. If you have any extra information that is not already listed, please share.

Characters that have canon names and have a character design:

Apple Fritter

Red Gala

Golden Delicious

Characters that have canon names but no character design:

Apple Tart

Baked Apple

Apple Brioche

Apple Cinnamon Crisp

Apple Brown Betty

Characters that have fanon names and have a character design: (names may be changed)

Apple Cobbler

Apple Tarty

Bakey Apple

Orange Wafer

Ruby Rhubarb/Tarte Tatin

Violet Fritter

Smart Cookie (Crossover only)

Apple Dumpling

Apple Munchies

Apple Strudley

Marmalade Jalapeno Popette

Katt Apples (Unicorn with apple cutie mark)

The Farms and Orchards!

Sweet Apple Acres is one of two canonized orchards in the show. The other is located in Appleloosa. Several apple orchards should exist all over Equestria, as not only do Apple family ponies live everywhere, but apples are one of the most popular fruit for ponies, too! Other than the name of Sweet Apple Acres and the events and likenesses that have taken place there in the show, all of the following developments for the purpose of canterlot.com world of equestria role play is designed to be an extention of this canonization but yields to future possibilities and canonizations that may and probably will occur in the future of Friendship is Magic.

Sweet Apple Acres (Ponyville, Equestria)

(Click to enlarge)

saa5.png

saa4.png

Crops that grow on Sweet Apple Acres:

-Apples (several types)

-Lemons

-Grapes

-Corn

-Cabbage

-Carrots

Animals on the farm:

-Pigs

-Sheep

-Chickens

Farm dog: Winona

Buffalo Run Apple Orchard (Appleloosa, Equestria)

Buffalo Run (originally called Palomino Run)

Established a little over two years ago by Braeburn (as of season 3, which I assume some time has passed since Over A Barrel), the orchard was originally named Palomino Run, but was remained Buffalo Run after the events in Over A Barrel. The orchard sits just down the main bridle path from Appleloosa’s main street. Despite being the largest apple orchard in Appleoosa’s area, it is still dwarfed by Sweet Apple Acres, which is double the size. Currently the farm is considered a sole proprietorship, owned and primarily ran by Braeburn with the assistance of his little cousin Apple Pie.

Buaffalo Run’s borders are mostly irregular, following the natural contours of the hills and dry creek beds. The only straight borders follow along one of the bridal paths out of town and the edge of Appleloosa itself; other than the town itself, Buffalo Run has no immediate neighbors with the other smaller orchards spread sparsely in the area. The orchard itself sites on low rolling hills, the highest of which sits the pride of the orchard, Bloomberg, donated by the relatives from Sweet Apple Acres. The only other major physical feature of the land in the orchard is the wide buffalo path that roughly runs through the center of it; this path is used by the local Buffalo tribe for their ceremonial stampedes, although most of the time it is unused.

Crops:

-- Apples – this is what some 80% of the land is used for

• McIntosh
  • Granny Smith
  • Honeycrisp
  • Red Delicious
  • Gala
  • Fuji

-- Wheat

-- Alfalfa

-- Almonds

-- Pecans

-- Barley

-- Sunflowers

In addition to the above, there is a smaller more personal garden that holds are variety of vegetables and flowers. It is for personal use though and doesn't produce anything for sale.

Bloomberg_hill.png

Road_For_Buffalo_S1E21.png

Tiny Apple Valley (Fillydelphia, Equestria)

The Tiny Apple Valley sits just outside of Fillydelphia towards the Southwest end. On the farm there is a small garden of exotic flowers that is maintained by the three sisters who live on the farm. The three sisters are Apple Bumpkin, Caramel Apple, and Apple Cider. As its name states, the farm is not that big, and the focal point for the farm is the massive farm house almost right inside of the farm gate. The three Apple sisters who live her are very fluent in the language of business and trade and as such did a few 'repairs' to the farm house to make it more presentable to customers. Unlike other Apple Family farms, this farm does not have a farm dog.

Tiny Apple Valley, like many farms located near highly populated areas, has a very set border. It isn't very wide, but has great depth. To the right of the large farm house is the chicken coop and barn, and to the left is a storage silo and shed. Directly behind the farmhouse is a single utility building where most farm equipment is kept. Behind these buildings, across the width of the farm, lies the relatively small apple orchard as well as the well-organized crops. The orchard is planted on the side of the property behind the chicken coop and barn, with the crops taking up the land behind the silo and tool shed. Directly behind the barn is a garden of exotic flowers, planted and maintained by Bumpkin.

Crops grown on Tiny Apple Valley:

-Apples (of course)

-Hay

-Carrots

-Zucchini

-Corn

-Wheat

Animals on the farm:

-Chickens

This thread will continue to be updated to remain current with the ever changing board canon and RP activity. If you would like to submit information that would help this thread, please PM me.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

I'll look into fleshing out Buffalo Run, which is the apple orchard of Braeburn. I imagine it as smaller than Sweet Apple, given it is just really him (and little Apple Pie), although maybe he hires seasonal help. I am think McIntoshes and Granny Smiths as the most common type of apples there due to them both being good for baking and apple pies seem to be an Appleossian specialty. Other apps may be red and golden delicious and honeycrisps.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Here is a more complete description of Buffalo Run, which needs to be added to the initial post of this thread:

Buffalo Run (originally called Palomino Run)

Established a little over two years ago by Braeburn (as of season 3, which I assume some time has passed since Over A Barrel), the orchard was originally named Palomino Run, but was remained Buffalo Run after the events in Over A Barrel. The orchard sits just down the main bridle path from Appleloosa’s main street. Despite being the largest apple orchard in Appleoosa’s area, it is still dwarfed by Sweet Apple Acres, which is double the size. Currently the farm is considered a sole proprietorship, owned and primarily ran by Braeburn with the assistance of his little cousin Apple Pie.

Buaffalo Run’s borders are mostly irregular, following the natural contours of the hills and dry creek beds. The only straight borders follow along one of the bridal paths out of town and the edge of Appleloosa itself; other than the town itself, Buffalo Run has no immediate neighbors with the other smaller orchards spread sparsely in the area. The orchard itself sites on low rolling hills, the highest of which sits the pride of the orchard, Bloomberg, donated by the relatives from Sweet Apple Acres. The only other major physical feature of the land in the orchard is the wide buffalo path that roughly runs through the center of it; this path is used by the local Buffalo tribe for their ceremonial stampedes, although most of the time it is unused.

Crops:

-- Apples – this is what some 80% of the land is used for

• McIntosh
  • Granny Smith
  • Honeycrisp
  • Red Delicious
  • Gala
  • Fuji

-- Wheat

-- Alfalfa

-- Almonds

-- Pecans

-- Barley

-- Sunflowers

In addition to the above, there is a smaller more personal garden that holds are variety of vegetables and flowers. It is for personal use though and doesn't produce anything for sale.

Bloomberg_hill.png

Road_For_Buffalo_S1E21.png

• Like 1

I noticed our little family tree needs expanding:

familytree1.png

From the Apple Family Reunion there are a few apples that are played but not shown in the family tree. Some of which has revealed their relation:

• Pink Lady - Who was established as Happy Trails granddaughter through her mother.
  • Red Delicious - Who was established as Apple Strudel's grandson (not yet established if through mother or father)

We also have a couple Apples who we haven't yet establish relations yet but should:

• Apple Cinammon
  • Apple Pie

Of course, we should hear from their players how they want their Apples to fit in the tree. ;-)

I think it's time that I add Apple Cinnamon's place on the tree.

Apple Cinnamon is the grand daughter of Prarie Tune. Basically, Prarie Tune and his wife has two children: a colt and a filly. The filly became the mother of Apple Bumpkin, Apple Cider and Caramel Apple. The son eventually married and Apple Cinnamon was born to them. This makes AC a first cousin of the three sisters and a distant cousin to the Sweet Apple side of the family and Braeburn.

This is where Apple Cinnamon gets her musical talent and where she got her fiddle "Melody" from (it was Prarie Tune's that she discovered in her parents' attic).

If this is ok with everypony, I'll ammend this to Apple Cinnamon's Bio.

• Like 1

I think it's time that I add Apple Cinnamon's place on the tree.

Apple Cinnamon is the grand daughter of Prarie Tune. Basically, Prarie Tune and his wife has two children: a colt and a filly. The filly became the mother of Apple Bumpkin, Apple Cider and Caramel Apple. The son eventually married and Apple Cinnamon was born to them. This makes AC a first cousin of the three sisters and a distant cousin to the Sweet Apple side of the family and Braeburn.

This is where Apple Cinnamon gets her musical talent and where she got her fiddle "Melody" from (it was Prarie Tune's that she discovered in her parents' attic).

If this is ok with everypony, I'll ammend this to Apple Cinnamon's Bio.

That's fine by me. What it does is make Apple Cinnamon first cousin to Caramel, Apple Cider, and Apple Bumpkin, and second cousin to AJ, Braeburn, Pink Lady, etc.

• 2 weeks later...

It seems like I'm applying for Wafer of Orange! :)

Though, I did a bit of research, and I found out that Orange Wafer and Marmalade Jalapeño Popette are actually the same pony, but the cutie mark switch up was either an animation error, or mix up due to the increasing amount of background ponies. However, if you don't want to change that, I'll try and edit my app.

It seems like I'm applying for Wafer of Orange! :)

Though, I did a bit of research, and I found out that Orange Wafer and Marmalade Jalapeño Popette are actually the same pony, but the cutie mark switch up was either an animation error, or mix up due to the increasing amount of background ponies. However, if you don't want to change that, I'll try and edit my app.

Because it relates to the orange branch, you may want to consider non-apple suggestions for the family. We have little say in exactly what the orange family looks like. The only implication we've made is that AJ's aunt and uncle orange raised a colt named Valen, who is SteelEagle's Origianl Character. It you want to build off of that, You can, but I'm afraid they wouldn't technically be part of the apple family per se.

If you have any questions, I would suggest talking with SteelEagle, as he knows more about that side of the family than I do.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

I'll be doing a bit of clean up this week concerning Apple family lore and family trees. It may or may not have something to do with something happening this weekend. We shall see. In any event, expect major updates in the next seven days. Most changes will be later, as I would hate to do major changes, only to find out I have to change them again. Things like this involve the family tree, apple family origins and locations, as well as relationships between any and all of the apples. It may not change at all, or it could be so flipped that we'll have to start over. Honestly, I'm ready for anything. Any questions from family and/or non-family members, please feel free to PM me or Skype me at riverhippo269.

• 2 weeks later...

Anything about Babs, Fiddlesticks, Bon Bon, Lyra, Cloudkicker...?

Sorry to bob in, but I thought I'd let you know.

Fiddlesticks will probably become an unofficial 3rd tier Apple pony, mostly because everyone wont shut up about her, lol. As for the others, which are already established background characters, none of them will be entered as being related to the family. The backgroud ponies are placed in every multi-character shot. If there was a family reunion episode for the Pie family, Bon Bon and Lyra would probably show up there, too. Basically, I'm not regarding their presence in the episode as canon. Background characters are known for this. The only background characters I really care about from the reunion episode are the ones we'eve never seen before, and the ones with apple related cutie marks, and Hayseed Turnip truck. It is my greatest displeasure adding him to the family. :P

Of course, all of this is moot, pending lore builder's take on it. This topic is no official rulebook for the Apples, its just a guideline for the Apple players and people who want to join the family. Creativity has no bounds.

Unofficial conjecture time: having time to think on it, I don't really think Fiddlesticks is part of the Apple family. Methinks she appeared in the Reunion episode only because her rural brethren needed musical accompaniment for their spontaneous musical number. That's just my take, though.

As Fiddlesticks' previous (and hopefully soon to be again) player she isn't an Apple pony but merely stops by to hang with the Apple Family for reunions and Barn raising and the such.

As Fiddlesticks' previous (and hopefully soon to be again) player she isn't an Apple pony but merely stops by to hang with the Apple Family for reunions and Barn raising and the such.

I wasn't aware Fiddlesticks was an already established tier 3 character. By all means, whoever picks her up will have the most say in her relationship with the family. However, it would bare much question for her to have such a key moment in that song and not be part of the family, but just some pony they hired for songs? Again, I don't like colliding previous character canon with measures in the show, but it just sounds like there could be a better explanation of it. And since Fiddlesticks doesn't have an official player right now, I don't see why a new canon can't be created for her.