The Pony Games [Private]

MidnightRead

Midnight Read ran through the never ending forest, adrenaline was running through her. She grinned as she felt the wind flow through her mane. A a colt jumped out of the bushes into her path, a small smile came upon his lips as he began to run towards Midnight. She digged at the ground staring him in the eyes and prepared for a fight and then BAM.

Midnight Read snapped out her her daydream as a huge volleyball smacked into the tree that her head is so close to. Then she remembered where she was. She was in simple Canterlot, where there was no Pony Games and no arena. Midnight Read sighed and looked through the picnic basket she had packed for a cold bottle of water.

Midnight lifted thebottle of cold water with her telekinesis and took a drink. She rolled her eyes as a Colt began running in her direction to retrieve their ball.

She put the bottle away and took out a book and began to read again. Trying to ignore the colt running in her direction.

Valoren grinned as the colt leaped into the air, as he power house kicked the ball back over the net with a cocky grin; eager to show what he was made of to the other ponies. Landing, he charged eagerly as he let out a powerful laugh. The exhiliating feeling he got from this was amazing!! As he bopped the ball up into the air off the edge of his nose, he then head butted it back over towards the other side.

He was currently playing with some of the unicorns here in Canterlot, seeing if he could use his speed to keep up with there magic. So far he seemed to be doing well, since he had no prob in keeping up. However as the game got more and more intense, he had to keep more serious as a suprise hit sent the ball flying over towards him. Determeind to show them up, he delivered a powerful kick as it went straight through the net and almost hit a filly unicorn. Yellping, he trotted over towards her as he blushed embarrsed at his actions. Oh boy, what was he gonna say to her? Sorry that I almost collbered your head, but I was trying to show those ponies up? Blushing as he picked up the ball and tossed it back towards the tohers, he smiled weakly "Im sorry about that, I guess I used to much power".

Midnight Read had only read a few lines of her book until the colt came over to retrieve his ball. Sensing the Colt kicking the ball back to his friends Midnight tried to continue to read her book until the colt spoke.Midnight looked up from her book and saw the colt was blushing a little bit, Midnight couldn't help but smile at the embarrassed colt.

"It's okay" She said in a quiet voice while putting her book away in the basket.

Valoren went to turn and leave, but stopped as he noticed what book she was reading. Leaning in to get a glimpse of the title, he smiled lightly as he commented "The Pony games? I heard about that book, though Ive never really gotten a chance to read it myself to be honest" confesed the adventure seeking pony. Tilting his head curiosuly, he asked "Do you like to read alot"?

She grinned. Books. Her favorite subject of conversation.

"I love to read. I just love the way the words come out at you like it's another world, Anything can happen, and the feel when you turn the page with my hoof, it's so magical, I just love the secret and mystery of the stories." she says looking up enthusiastically colt and then remembered she was talking to someone, so she looked down at the ground blushing. She just blabbed on about something this colt probably didn't even care about. She was making such a foal of her self...

Val stared with curisoity at the pony, observing her love for reading.

"No kidding" Val asked with a slight grin. Sitting down in front of her, he smiled "I get a similar feeling whenever I read myself. Usually whenever Im lying sick in bed, or theres no adventures for me to go on; I'd end up pulling out a Daring Doo book and start reading. Whilst alot of ponies find Daring Doo: Raiders of the Lost Neee; I like Daring Doo and the temple of Zoom. It was alotta fun to read how Daring ends up saving an entire civilization of tribal ponies from a mad Dragons desire to rule the world by forcing there evil ways onto others". Blushing, he chuckled "But thats what my last read was anyway"

A small smile came upon Midnight's face. A pony who liked to read, sure he was not crazy about books but they still had something in common...

Midnight blushed, "That's my favorite Daring Doo book two," She said grinning, "But my favorite ever book will always be The Pony Games, the places that you are taken too and the adventures you go on..." She said while sighing while remembering her daydream from earlier on, "And you go on adventures? Where have you gone? What have you seen?" She said even more enthusiastic than before, "If you want to tell e of course..." She said biting her lip, now she was making a complete foal of herself...

"The Pony games" Val repeated, as he put a hoof to his chin.

"I heard about that one yes, but I never got a chance to read it myself" Val nodded lightly to her. Smiling, he explained "Oh all over the place!! Stalliongrad, Fillydelphia, the Badlands, the land of the Zebras. A few times Ive been to some Pre-Equestria ruins in search of treasure and action. Ive seen all sorts of strange things that one wouldnt normally see here in Ponyville. One time, I across a golem completled made of fire. It was way cool, but at the same time abit intimidating". Blushing, he smiled "Ooo, I havent even told you my name yet". Offering her a hoof, he introduced "Valoren Seeker".

Midnight shook Valoren's hoof, "I'm Midnight Read," She smiled a Valoren, "The land of the zebras?! Wow! I haven't even met a zebra, I have only read about places like that. Even though it is just a book, It's amazing to be able to escape this boring life to a place where anything is possible..." Midnight Read was just about to escape to another daydream and released she was in a conservation with somepony and blushed.

She lifted two apples from the picnic basket and offered one to Valoren.

"Ahh thank you" Val smiled as he took an apple.

As he ate, he agreed "It is rather fun to escape from one world, and into another where anything is possible. When I was younger and still in Cloudsdale, I often sent myself into other worlds where I would swoop in and save the day. It was fun, until I got older and then deicded to try it out for real. The whole saving part dosent happen alot, but exploring on the other hand happens everyday". Nodding, he smiled "Well the land of zebras certaintly was different. Being the only pony for miles made things abit awkward at first but they were cetaitnly welcoming". Tilting a head, he asked "Whatcha reading at the moment"?

Midnight giggled and lifted up her book.

"The Pony Games...for the second time." She admitted blushing a little bit,

She passed the book over to Valoren, "I can never put it down, It's just something that drags me into the text..." She sighed, "I would always play outside pretending I was the hero of my beloved books," She sighed, "The things we do as foals..."

Midnight smiled as she took a small bite out of her apple.

Reading the back of the book, Val blushed lightly as he grinned "Must be a really great book to have to be read twice". Chuckling, Val sat back as he put a hoof to his chin. "I can actually remember this one time when I was a foal after reading "Swords and Hooves" that I wanted to be a knight. So I imagined myself back in ye old times where I had to go through these seven dungones, fighitng all sorts of monsters in order to rescue the princess". Chuckling, he commented "Course as a kid, I didnt know exactly what was supposed to happen after you rescue her; though when I found out was I had to get a kiss; I was grossed out. Older now, a kiss dosent sound to bad:.

Midnight giggled, "If you like adventure and, romance then this is your book," Midnight blushed slightly "The hero has to pretend to be in love with her fellow tribute to keep them both alive...All mushy stuff if you ask me..." She said while blushing,

She cleared her throat, "Ermm, would you like a drink?" she asked while looking through her basket and lifting two bottles of water out of the picnic.

"Has to pretend to fall in love? Aww thats abit depressing. Kinda hoping that their feeligns would be geniue, oh well" Val shrugged casually. Blinking, he smiled "Ah thanks" as he took a water bottle. Slowly drinking it, he comneted "Sure is hot out". Looking down at the book, he smiled "Might just go read it sometime".

"Well, for her it's pretend but the boy thinks it's real. He really loves her but the girl just thinks that he's pretending...It's a bit complicated," She giggled,

She took a drink out of her bottle, "Sure is," She said while looking up at the sky, "Not a single cloud in the sky" She said closing her eyes and letting the warmth from the sun to sink in,

"You should, the writer really makes you feel like your inside the book." She said sighing, "If only though," She added before taking another drink from her bottle.

Looking up at the tone she said on the last part, he could only guess she prefered what life could be like if one took a trip into the bbook. "Heh, who knows. Anythings possible right" Val commented, giving her an encouraging smile. He wasnt really one for denying what one couldnt see with ones eyes even though sometimes he required proof for such things.

Valoren's last word made Midnight Read think for a minute, hadn't she read that spell that brought you inside the books. Surely not... she thought as she took another drink from her bottle. Well, it couldn't hurt to look could it? Suddenly she was searching through the contents of her picnic basket until..Bingo!

She lifted a rather thick leather book which had the title: "101 Spells for unicorns".

She flipped through the pages until she found the spell she was looking for, she took a bite out of her apple she had nearly forgotten and took a bite out of it. She re-read the spell over and over again compleatly forgetting about Valoren.

Valoren contiued to chat about what sorta fun one could embark on if they could enter into books, as if they were nothing more then other worlds; other dimensions. Noticing that her gaze was focused on a spell book, Val curiously peered over her shoulder as he looked at the spells she was looking for. Sitting back, he smiled as he laid his back against the tree and finished off his apple. "Soo, whatcha looking for" Val asked curiously.

Midnight Read looked up a Valoren. What I am I going to say? She thought,'Oh, I'm just looking for a spell that teleport me to a world where your life is hanging by a thread.'

Midnight took another bite out of her apple.

"Well, one time I came across a spell that...teleports you inside a book..." She said, "It's sounds crazy doesn't it.." She said blushing

She turned back at the book to make the laughter more tolerable.

"Crazy? That sounds awesome actually" Val beamed, looking up as he tried to think of all the neat possibilites that one could get by doing something like that. Seeing her shyness, he smiled "You dont have to be shy, I think that kinda idea is great, since realtiy can get abit tiring at times when its the same sorta thing over, and over again".

Midnight blushed, "You want to go?" She said, "It could be dangerous...I don't even know if the spell will work..." She said looking at the book,

She sighed "You don't have to you know you can say no." She said, "I don't want to force you into something..." She said turning to face him,

Yes he is brave she thought, but she didn't want to put a colt she had just met in a situation she can't save him out of...

"Sounds like alotta fun. If theres adventure involved, then I am so up for something like that" grinned the eager pegasus. Seeing her concerned look, he waved his hoof dismiisivly. "You dont have to worry about me, It wouldnt be the first time that Ive ever been in danger and besdes; it could be alotta fun". Pumping his hooves into the air, he thought "Just the thought of having to rush head long into danger; fighting to get out sounds so cool"!!

Midnight couldn't help but grin at the pegasus. She sighed, "Okay then.. but you will have to do what I say..." She said so seriously that it didn't sound like her,

Midnight Read saw that the pegasus wasn't going to miss this adventure for Equestria, so with one last look at the spell she suddenly grabbed Valoren's hoof and though of one thing:

The Pony Games

Midnight opened her eyes to find herself standing on a round metal plate. She tried to blink the sunlight out of her eyes. She saw Valoren standing at the opposite side of the big group they were formed in and she could only think of one think to shout to him...

"Don't step of the plate!" She shouted at the top of her lungs,

Valoren blinked several times, as his mind tried to register what in the world had just happened to him. They were in some sorta of jungle, and Val was standing with a group of other ponies that he had never even met before. That, and they were all stnading on a giant plate in the middle of nowhere. Looking around, Val looked down at the plate and then looked back up over at Midnight. Hearing hear call to not step off the plate, he called back "Where are we"???

Midnight tried to shout to him she didn't know but a loud countdown started.

Midnight knew what she had to do.

Get to Valoren.

Run away from here and find somewhere safe.

Find food and water.

Stay alive.

A loud buzzer went off and everypony sprinted away from their plate. Midnight ran towards Valoren who was watching all the other ponies run for the supplies. Midnight grabbed his hoof again and dragged him into the forest trying to get as far away from the other ponies as possible.