The Pony Games [Private]

MidnightRead

Midnight blushed, "Like I said, I'm just trying to follow the main character," She said taking a sip, "But trust me, without you I wouldn't stand a chance..." She said looking at the entrance of the cave, wondering where the other ponies could be and how many were left...

Val beamed "Aww, Im sure you coulda done it without me, but I am glad to be here though". Staring out the cave as well, Val thought to himself "Hmmm, I am wondering though what is this purpose of this game however? I mean, Im cool with the whole fighting for me life/survival thingy. But I whats the objective of this game? Just to stay alive"?

"You have to be the last pony standing." She said before taking another sip, "But, easy said than done.." She said trying to keep her mind of what she would do if she and Val were the last ponies standing...

Midnight looked back to the entrance to the cave drinking her water shakily.

"What is that all" Val asked curiously to Midnight. Wipping the sweat from his brow, he let out a relived laugh "Ha ha, thats a relief. I was worried that it was gonna have to be some huge thing that I wouldnt know anything about. Staying alive however, and a test of endurance is something I know all about. Up to the point where we'll need some special kinda leaves for this fire so that way it can..". He paused as he noticed that the unicorn was starting to tremble, and shaky as she drunk her water shakily. "Hey, are you alright" asked Val with concern as he sat down next to her.

Midnight Read turned her head to the colt, and smiled light lightly, "I'm fine," she said while turning back to the cave entrance, "I'm just thinking about the food that could be out there, I've read about about all the wild herbs and berries that is safe to eat so we should be fine..." She said trying to change the subject and taking a another sip of her water,

"Hmmmmm, want me to go get some" Val asked eagerly as he got to his hooves. Dusting himself off, he smiled "I'll go and get us something!! Im sure I saw something outside". Without another word, he charged outside to get some food for his friend and himself. Looking around at the various bushes, and the various berries; Val blinked as he looked at some of the tree trunks. Examining it, he smiled as he recognized a few of them. Reaching into his satchel,he removed a knife as he gentle cut some of the bark; letting the sap fall into an empty bottle. Taking some herbs, he mixed it with the sap and nodded in agreement at the medicine he made incase of emerganices. Picking the various berries, he thought to himself "Hmmm, I'll bring them to see what kind she likes". Trotting back into the cave, he grinned "Back"!!

Midnight was about to protest but he had gone before she could say a word.

Midnight wondered if she should go out after him but he was back again before she could lift a hoof. She teleported her herb's and berries book from thin air and flicked the pages as Val dropped the berries in front of as she studied the pages carefully.

This is where Midnight truly came alive, with her nose stuck in a book and hearing nothing but her own voice read the word out in her head.

Midnight stopped reading and looked up from the pile of berries from the book. And nodded to herself, she sorted the berries into two piles and pointed her hood from while pile to the other, "This is the safe berries," She said pointing to the pile of blue berries, "And these aren't safe" she said pointing to blood red colored strange shaped berries.

She turned her gaze away from the berries to face Val and saw his confused face. "Is anything wrong?" She asked,

Val had to admit himself that he was surprised with Midnight. In a way, she seemed really complex. Full of potential, and loved to read; in a world where she was aware of its inhabitants; she seemed much more in control. Yet outside the world, she seemed very reserved and kept to herself. She had qualties that made her a very likable pony, and it helped even more how cute she seemed. Wait, cute?? Where did that come from" Val thought to himself as he was snapped out of his thoughts. Realizing she had asked him something, he laughed weakly "Heh heh, everythings okay".

Midnight couldn't help but be confused at his odd behavior. She shook her head convincing herself it's all in her head.

Midnight lifted up some berries and put a small pile in front of Val and another small pile in front of herself.

She noticed the small bottle that Val had also brought in she hadn't noticed before and lifted it up as she popped a berry into her mouth, "What's this?" She asked curiously,

Midnight examined the contents and grinned at Val "Impressive" She said placing the bottle down gently,

"What else do you know?" She asked curious, "If you don't mind me asking..." She said blushing,

She picked up another berry and popped into her mouth and chewed on it letting the flavor spread across her tongue. Midnight wondered what amazing adventures her new friend has gone through.

"Well, I do know when its going to rain based on the change in the air, I know how to collect various types of magic stones; mostly cause that was one of my past adventures" admited Val. Reaising a brow, he commented "Oh yeah, I also know abit about tracking though I havent done that in awhile".

Midnight Read was fascinated by Val's knowledge and also rather grateful. "I'm lucky have you then," She giggled, "Like I said I would never stand a chance without you," She sighed, "I have only read about them, I have never had full experience." She said finishing off her bottle of water,

"Ahh, but see your getting that knowledge now" Val pointed out exctiedly as he got up and started to explain. "Its true, that us as ponies we learn something new everyday through reading, and its what allows us to go into another world where anything is possible, and we can be happy. But experincing first hand is so much more invigorating. Thats how I was able to become an adventurer myself. I read all about Daring Doo's experince as a foal, and I decided that I wanted to have those experinces too"!! Stopping, he smiled "So when this is all over, your gonna be a better pony".

"Well there you go" Val smiled encouagingly. "Being able to experince the adventures that you read about first hoof is an increadible, and from what Ive seen so far; enjoyable experience. Im not saying your gonna change completly, but I bet you'll be a much cooler pony afterwards. I mean, your already cool, but well ahh..you know what I mean" Val smiled sheepishly at the unicorn, liking that he was spending time with Midnight and at the same time being on an adventure. It was like two of the greatest things combined into one!!

Midnight blushed, "Thanks, your cool to." She said giggling, "The way your able to go head first into danger...I could never do anything like that..." She said while looking out of the cave,

Suddenly, loud music started playing and a projection of letters came across the sky reading 'The Fallen'

Midnight walked outside and looked up at the sky as ponies faces were projected into the sky.

Val smiled lightty at her blush, liking to see her smile as he commeneted to himself "Im sure you could do it". Following her gaze, Val raised a brow as he trotted after her. Looking up, he noticed the ponies faces in the sky. "What..whats this about" Val questioned curiously. Suddenly as they spoke, the ground started to shake and rumble as the sky turned from night, to day instantly!! The moon vanishing, and being replaced with the moon. Blinking, Val asked "Am i the only one who just saw that"??

10. 10 Ponies were left including herself and Val. Midnight noticed that Val had asked her something, "Hmm? Oh, it's just showing who is out of the games," Midnight stared at the sky her eyes adjusting to the light, "The gamemakers must be getting bored of just seeing everypony waiting for dawn to come," She said,

Midnight looked at her surroundings just dying to be explored, "You can rest if you like," She said tilting her head towards the cave, there wasn't much of the night and he might be tired, "I'm just going to check out this place," She said before trotting away,

"OOoo, kinda harsh but okaies" commented Val, surprised that the gamemakers were getting really impateint...wait a sec, game makers?? He didnt know there were game makers in this world!! Following Midnight, he asked "Err, wait can you tell me something? I didnt know that we had game makers in this world. Are we fighting each other for suvival for the entertainmnet of them"? As much as Val loved survival situations, being forced to do so for the amusement of others really rubbed him the wrong way.

Midnight stopped and sighed. She sat near the edge of the river and began to explain:

"Well, every year one colt and one mare from each...district...are picked out from random to be put into the Pony Games, and like I said there can only be one winner...And well the gamemakers just control the game they don't really do it for the entertainment, it's the main city that really enjoys the show, that's why the main character creates rebellion in the book." She said trying to avoid Val's eyes,