The Pony Games [Private]

MidnightRead

What she said suddenly registered into Vals head, as he looked up in shock at waht she just said. If only one pony had to survive..then didnt that mean that..he and Midnight would have to fight in order to be the last survivor?? Bu..but he didnt want to fight his friend!! Oh..oh wait, unless thats why they ere in the pony games. Rebel against the thing to defy the whole system. "Sooo, are we defying the system by being in this game" Val quesitoned, hopeing he didnt have to fight his friend.

"Well, it's what she does after the games that starts off a rebellion..." Midnight said trying not to give anything away so the gamemakers could figure out the plan she had thought of that just might work...

Midnight looked away from the stream and stared into the jungle, she let out a small gasp as she realized what she was staring at.

A rather large bird with feathers as dark as the night sky was sitting on a branch of the tree staring at Midnight. She stood up slowly smiling at the bird as if greeting an old friend.

Val followed her gaze, as he wondered how he was gonna handle this. Okay, he could deal with this. All he had to do was play along, and hopefully nothing bad would happen to either of them. It was a really thin hope to go on, since mostly whenever he tried to avoid bad situations they found him. It wasnt like he went out of his way to find them!! Notcing the bird, and the change in Midnights demneaor, he asked smiling "Is that a friend of yours"?

Midnight laughed lightly, "I wish they was, It's a Mockingjay, it's another Mutation the people from this book made, if you sing or whistle anything to it and it enjoys the sound it will repeat it." Midnight whistled a 4-note tune and shortly after, the bird repeated it,

"It's what the main character known for, she is known as the Mockingjay because she wears a golden Mockingjay pin in the Pony Games," Midnight said explaining while visions of what this bird is known for flashed through her mind,

As she said this, Val couldnt help but think of his own friends as he wondered to himself how they were doing...wait...what friends? Or at least memorable ones?? As a travelver, he would go to many different exoitc places and lands, discovering new things everyday and meeting new ponies. He would befriend these ponies, spend time with them for awhile and then vanish. He would come back and visit but not for very long. He hadn't seen any of his own childhood friends for along time soo..in a way that made him sad because he hadnt been around anypony well known for quiet some time now. Looking down casted at this; he gasped when he saw a tear roll down his friends cheek. "Hey hey, whats wrong" Val asked concerned.

Midnight wiped her cheek with her hoof.

"Yeah, I'm fine," She said smiling at Val, as she stood up and took another look at the majestic bird which was still staring at her with those wise eyes and continued down the river,

"So, other than adventures what else do you do? Any friends? Family?" Midnight asked him trying to make conversation,

"Ahhh, alot of friends. Some of them closer then others. Its been awhile since Ive seen them though since there speard all over Equestria. I have a dragon friend that lives in the Badlands, a Zebra warrior that resides in Unyasi. Yeah, but its hard for me to keep up with meeting them all since my travels usually keeps me from one place for too long. I'm really trying to change that though so that way I can be around my friends more often, like Im trying to find somewhere where I can have a permeant home". SCracthing the back of his neck, he smiled weakly "Havent found..WHOA"!!! He was surprised as suddenly multiple things jumped down above from the trees, surrounding the two of them at high speed. Val then found himself staring at a wall of spears, pointed at him and Midnight; being held by...Zebras???

"It must be amazing to meet so many friends from different places, I only have friends from Canterlot," Midnight said,

Jumped back as zebras surrounded them both,

"This isn't possible," She began to say, "This is an arena, only animals and mutations..." She said as she spotted each and everyone of the zebras had bright green eyes,

Midnight scanned the area for an escape...

"It is amazing yes, but its sad at the same time since I'm always on hte move, and dont have alot of time to spend with them. I want to change that though, so I can be happier with myself" Val soflty admitted. As the Zebras surrounded, Val responded "Okay, this isnt right. I dont know about you, but Ive never met any of these kinds of zebras" as he noticed them standing on two hooves. Instead of hooves holding the spears, they looked more like fingers as Val blinked "What sorta creautres are they"? As he eyed around for a way out, he smiled as he got an idea. Reaching into his satchel, he slowly removed a shiny gem up towards the sun, the gleam blinding the zebras.. Taking Midnights hoof, he whispered for her to follow as he led her throught the crowd of zebras.

Midnight followed Val her hoof in his, she felt bushes and leaves brush by her as the began to speed through the jungle,

As she continued the gallop through the jungle she spotted a group of ponies in the far distance, A bulky one with a blonde mane turned his head towards Midnight and Val. And ordered the other ponies to follow him as he ran towards her and Val.

Midnight couldn't move, her mouth was open with shock, she couldn't believe she was actually seeing him.

Valoren swived and swerved through the jungle, evading the zebra tribe they just encountered. He couldnt help but wonder what other sort of freakish creatiosn would attack them. The last thiing he wanted was to step his hoof down, and find himself standing over a giant, pony eating mouth in the ground. His wild imagination was running rampat, so he hopped that wouldnt be the case and that he would be able to help his friend out of this jungle saftley. Suddenly, a group of other poneis rushed towards them, one muscular looking. Thinking it was more enemies, Val skidded to a halt as he put his hooves up in a fighting stance.

Midnight saw Val was ready to fight the ponies, but Midnight knew they would lose.

'If we fight them we are sure to die,' She thought to herself, she looked up at the tall jungle trees and saw their was a large nest hanging by the branch, 'Tracker Jackers' She thought, remembering them from the book,

Suddenly without thinking Midnight started to kick the tree trying to make the nest fall down, everytime she would kick at the tree the nest would began to break away from the branch.

She looked at Val who was staring at her confused, "Help me knock the nest down!" She shouted at him with panic in her voice, "As soon as it falls run!"

Val blinked as he had been eager, willing, and able to fight these new ponies. But when Midnight started to knock away at a tree, this caused the pegasus to look at him in complete confusion. Hearing her call for his aid, Val trotted next to her as he started to knock away at the tree; hoping to make the nest fall. Though he had no idea how this was going to help them, seein as how the ponies were gettin closer and closer. "I hope you know what your do..WHOA" Val shouted in alarm as the nest fell and whatever was waiting in the nest, popped out. "Okay, clearly you do know what your doing" Val commented as he started to run with her.

The nest burst open and as the contents of the nest first saw the group of ponies they headed straight for them. Midnight could hear screams of terror from the ponies she looked back and saw that some of the ponies had fallen to the ground.

She suddenly stopped in her tracks as she noticed one of the ponies was holding a bow and quiver. She started to run back to the group of ponies.

She ran up to the pony with the weapon. She looked around, the other ponies were no-where to be seen. She lifted up the bow from the pony's hooves and put the quiver on. She ran back to Val.

"I'm not really sure if our campsite is safe anymore but we can check," She said while she ran through the jungle,

Valoren nodded, as he agreed "Yeah, if things are good then we can hid out there. But if things are bad, then...HEADS UP" Val shouted as he shoved Midnight back, avoiding having her cleaved in two by a musuclar pony wielding a battle axe!! Leaping at the pony, Val kicked the axe out of his hooves, as he put up his own as the two started to have it out!! Ducking, and dodging from the ponies punches, and kicks at him; Val reached up as he grappled the pony, and tossed him onto his back. Raising his hoof high into the air, he attmepthed to axe kick the pony, but was tripped onto his backl. Rolling aside, Val jumped back up as he started to block, and deflect away the ponies attacks; looking for an opening so that he and Midnight could get away properly. Grasping the ponies left hoof, Val reared back as he slammed his overtop the ponies head, knocking him out.

Midnight fell into the bushes and saw that Val was battling all of the ponies. Midnight saw each and everyone of the ponies faces and could name every single one.

A bulky pony saw her in the bushes and was about to run towards her, before she could think about what she was doing she pulled out her bow and arrow and released it.

The stallion who was charging towards her fell to the ground, she had hit him in the leg so he wouldn't die from it. Midnight leaped out of the bushes joining Val in his battle.

"So, whats our plan now?" She said cheerfully trying to keep calm while bucking at the on coming ponies,

"Easy" panted Val as he bended over to catch his breathe after that little skrimish. Turning to face Midnight, he gave her a sheepish grin as he responded "We should find a new location with more resources, and safety cause if this guy was near our old one, then Im pretty sure its not a good idea to go back to the old location. What we should do, is spread out and find a new safe zone". Turning away, he muttered "Problem is now finding a out where we cou...uh oh". Hearing a loud trampling, Val ducked behind a tree; signiling Midnight to do the same. Watching as a stampede of more mutated animals rush by, Val sighed "Well, thats just great. Ponies, Zebras, Mutants..probably are dragons, griffions, and reality alterting beast".

Midnight ducked behind the tree watching the stampede of creatures. Her mouth was open with shock at the site.

She stood there going through the options. Midnight looked above her head. The tall jungle trees supported thick branches which was thick enough for both herself and Val to sit on and think about their options. Midnight looked up and smiled at the gamemakers who was most probably watching. She had to admit, they did have everything thought out.

"Val..." She whispered, as he tore his gaze away from he stampede Midnight pointed her hoof to the branch, hinting for him to fly up there.

Midnight prepared her self to construct a simple teleportation spell while Val was flying up the branch.

Val blinked as he looked up at where she pointed. "OOoooo, I getcha" Val nodded in agreement, a slow smirk etching onto his face as he took off and landed on the branch. Nodding to Midnight as she was making her way up, he thought to himself "We need to find a way to get past the rules. The gamemakers that are watching, are most likely enjoying watching us scamper/scurry. IF we can figure out a way to..but how". Looking off into the distance, Val could see some thick smoke billowing. "Something is..burning"? he thought.

Midnight turned her head to the burning smell to see the jungle trees alight.

"We have to get on the ground!" Midnight shouted before teleporting to the ground, she looked up and saw val was flying down.

As he landed on the ground Midnight pointed her hoof in the opposite direction of the fire. "Come on!" She shouted before running into the jungle,

Fireballs were being thrown at Midnight and Val, as she was galloping Midnight looked back to see the fire was coming from a sort of...object? A fireball brought her back to the task at hoof and continued to gallop faster.

Blinking as the sky suddenly lit up, Valoren glanced up as he gasped in horror. The sky was on fire!! Or at least thats how it looked to him!! Fire balls rained down upon the two of them, as they started to move left and right whilst galloping to avoid being scorched by the fire. Manueving past them, Val gasped as he saw one was about to hit Midnight sqaure in the back. Not about to let his friend get hurt, Val flew up and took the hit. Clencthing his teeth in pain at the feeling of the seering pain in his back, he was forced to gallop with her as his wings now hurt.

Midnight gasped as she saw Val fly up to take the fireball for her, "Val! No!" She shouted,

As Val began to start galloping again the jungletrees thinned out and they were facing the river again. Midnight looked behind her and saw the fire had stopped at the trees.

Midnight turned her head to Val and saw that he had fallen to the ground.

She ran over to Val, "We need to get some water on that burn," She said wondering how to do that exactly...

Midnight gasped as she saw Val fly up to take the fireball for her, "Val! No!" She shouted,

As Val began to start galloping again the jungletrees thinned out and they were facing the river again. Midnight looked behind her and saw the fire had stopped at the trees.

Midnight turned her head to Val and saw that he had fallen to the ground.

She ran over to Val, "We need to get some water on that burn," She said wondering how to do that exactly...