[cloudsdale] A little Practice... [OPEN]

Ashton

Lightning_Streak_fim.png

The city in the sky was always busy, people were always going and coming... and while it was not unexpected to see some silly pegasus foal flying around doing stunts, it was rarely welcome... When a fully-gown stallion was zipping around, nearly colliding with other ponies right and left, and laughing about it... of course at the same time, Streak had been doing this since he was old enough to fly, so it also had become a fairly normal occurrence. The residents had hoped that his new career would keep him away from the city... they were wrong...

Streak zipped forward and made a mid-flight 'hop' over a cart, startling the driver who though the foolish flying pony was about to crash into it, but then he saw who it was and he just rolled his eyes. they had all give up getting angry about streak long ago...

The pegasus did a reverse-corkscrew going upwards along a tower and zipping off, flying over the rainbow pools, leaving tiny ripples going all through the colors, making lovely swirls in places before the settled back down.

The pegasus finally came to rest atop the dome of the weather-center, surveying the land of clouds. He loved to travel, but it was always great to be home.

Gale was out practicing as always but was staying away from the city folk, enjoying the breeze, doing his own tricks and such for practice, a loop, a twist, a spin! It felt amazing and the wind blowing through his mane was enough to make a pony lose themselves in the rush, punching through the clouds, flying around them to twist them into various forms before noticing the other Pegasus perched on the dome, a grin crossing his face.

"Why hello there!" He called out as he flew over to him, flying in front of the other , He knew they were on the same team but they hardly ever talked! A problem Gale wanted to fix post haste.

Winter was out for a stroll in Cloudsdale, something he rarely did. Normally it was going as fast as possible! Today, he decided he should lie back a little more and enjoy things before dashing past them. The sun felt good on his tan coat, and he was enjoying every second of the day. Suddenly, a blur of motion caught his eye and he turned in time to see a blue and gold streak go soaring past him. Whoa, he's fast... I bet I can catch him! Winter thought before chasing after the pegasus. Of course he couldn't keep up, but he tried. Finally, he caught site of the pegasus he was pursuing resting on the dome of the weather center. "Finally..." he panted, before calling out to the UFO, "Hey you! That was fast!" Winter flew up closer and landed on the dome, noticing the other pegasus nearby. "That was some awesome fast flying there... Anyways, I'm Winter Bolt, nice to meet you two!" He smiled warmly towards them and extended a hoof to them in greetings.

Streak looked up where the voice came from and waved a wing, taking to the skies again and coasting over "hello Gale" he smiled "Out having fun or practicing?" he asked, circling around the other Pegasus, looking up at the clouds "looks like we were both out practicing" he said, though his 'practice' was much less planned and much more chaotic, he was a showman and loved to make people stare "Care to try out the triple-hang reverse double corkscrew?" he asked, then paused "oh wait, we cant try that one, we don't have the ten barrels of marmalade..." he sighed. "or if your feeling really crazy, perhaps we could make a whirlcloud" he grinned, talking about a maneuver that made a miniature tornado out of a cloud, much too small to cause any damage but if done right it often ended with a nice 'fountain' of clouds

Streak turned to the new pony and smiled "Ah, good morning" he said "It's nice to see someone who appreciates some good flying, most of the locals kinda find me annoying" he explained "They call me Streak" he said, shaking hooves not giving his full name in hopes of avoiding revealing his occupation, it was always mroe fun when the fans didn't recognize you until they talk a bit and as a memento you present them with an autographed 8x10, he'd done that many times to foals and loved to see their faces light up "This is my friend Gale, we work together" he explained

"You are ON Streak " He nodded "Bet we could do it real impressive like" He nodded, always up for cooperative stunts they were his favorite type of performances, shaking the hoof of the new pony that had greeted him he flashed him a dashing smile "Hey there! You wanna watch us perform this trick?" He asked.

Streak was on the right train of thought there, it was always fun to not tell them who you were until later, plus it was nice to have someone sincerely want to be around you, not just fame mongers and annoying fans that just wanted to pull out your feathers or something scary like that.

"You ready to do this bud?"

"Nice to meet you, Streak." Winter replied. "Nothing like seeing some good flying out there, whether it be pony, griffon, or... well, not much else, is there? Haha, still, you seemed pretty good out there." Winter stopped rambling for a second to shake hooves with the other pegasus, trying to think of what these two ponies did for work. Are these two explorers like me, or do they have normal jobs and Streak just happens to be a great flier... Maybe they work at the weather center here? That would make sense... Oh, what if they are both great flyers? The thought made him smile. Ah well, best not to pry.

"Hey there! You wanna watch us perform this trick?"

Winter was amazed. TWO ponies that were doing awesome stunts? This he had to see. "Of course! Go for it, awesome flying is awesome flying, right?" He couldn't manage to suppress the goofy grin that burst out of his previous smile. Oh, this is gonna be great!

Streak grinned "Wanna try for a double-size?" he asked, knowing it made teh stunt mroe risky for them (and any locals who got too close) and meant faster flying, but also made it more fun.

Before Gale could answer Streak leapt off, a sound of lighting behind him as a trail of white clouds formed to create the basis for the whirlcloud...

"Yeah Bring it! YEEHAW!" He threw his front legs out and charged after the other in the air, helping to gather the clouds, he was so excited they were going to go REALLY fast! He never got bored with this, he easily caught up with the other secret WonderBolt and smirked "Think we should give our new friend quite the show?"

Winter watched in amazement as the two took off, Streak leaving behind a trail of clouds and the other launching after him and quickly catching up. Oh, this is awesome! Fantastic! He watched them intently as they began gathering clouds, and his heart began to race in anticipation of the sure to be amazing stunt that was sure to occur.

Streak flashed to the nearest open area and began swirling upwards, his trail layingout like whipped cream atop a lice of pie, then with another sound of lightning the clouds stopped and the blue pegasus began swirling around, leaving a faint orange and blue blur around the clouds as he began to make them spin, at first slowly but the as he gathered speed they started collapsing downwards to begin forming the funnel...

Gale was soon to join him, bringing his own wisps of clouds with him, thrusting himself into the spin with the other, soon nothing but a streak of blue with a touch of grey was visible as the two WonderBolts continued to spin and spin, the funnel taking shape and becoming rather huge, thankfully they were higher up so nopony would get hurt while the two doofus's showed off for the adoring onlooker below.

Winter could only watch in awe as the two pegasus formed a huge funnel, becoming nothing more than streaks of color in the massive cloud twister. He cheered as loud as he could, wondering if they could even hear him at such high speeds. He hoped they'd be so kind as to teach him how to do this. Maybe I could get them to practice with me some time... He couldn't help but feel a little outclassed by the skill of the two strangers performing such inspiring feats of speed and agility.

Streak grinned as his wings slowed slightly, allowing himself to be carried by the funnel's own winds, he would have loved to make a full-fledged tornado, but as much as a daredevil as he was, he knew that was FAR too dangerous, so they'd have to stop with this little funnel-cloud, though it was providing plenty of strength now to coast on as long as he made sure to keep his distance, now that he didnt imagine getting sucked straight through it would be fun, even at the airshows they never did that, so he assumed it was too dangerous... he'd have to think of a safe way to do it! he grinned at that thought "Aaaaaaand BREAK!" he called as he broke away, expecting at the same time for Gale to break away the opposite direction, leaving the funnel under it's own power, which woudl likely burn out in around 5-15 minutes or so. Of course if needed they could always fly over and dump more clouds on it moving hte opposite way to break it up, but where was the fun in that?

Crescent Blaze was out practicing his routine, on the warm day in cloudsdale, getting ready for his next race. Looping and rolling outside the city at high speed, goggles down. He was nothing but a grey-purple blur to the regular passers by. Pulling up into a half loop to face the opposite direction he threw himself into a corkscrew maneuver. Coming out of the corkscrew he felt the adrenaline rush hit him and he doubled his velocity, grinning like the dare-devil he was. He looked down at the clouds rushing beneath him, trying to judge exactly how fast he was going. Upon looking up he was startled to see a large funnel cloud rushing to meet him! "WOAH WOAH WOAH!!!" he veered as hard to his right as he could just missing the swirling vortex. "Few...almost pulled my jacket off." He of course refered to his signature grey moto jacket. fully fanning his wings to slow to a stop he searched for the cause of the intrusive swirling mass of clouds, intending to give whoever made it a good piece of his mind. "Aha!" he saw the two ponies who seemed to be quite pleased with their handy work. While rushing up to meet the blue and orange pony he hollered "Hey you! What's the deal with the funnel cloud?! I almost flew right into it! You trying to get somepony killed?!"

((well since nobody else is posting, I'l taking a new turn to address the newcommer))

Streak had a faint smirk on his face "Hardly, you look like a strong pegasus who can handle a little bit of wind" he said "that little tornado would barely have mussed up your mane" he smiled disarmingly at the new pegasus "I appologize, I thought we have made it large enough that anypony who would see it before they ran into it..." he said, still a very nice, kind tone, though clearly implying that the pegasus wasn't looking where he was going and shouldn't have had a problem...

Winter watched in dismay as a newcomer interrupted the show. Oh great, what does he want? Winter couldn't help but wonder. He flew over to them, trying to figure out what was going on. He arrived in time to see Streak talking at the pegasus, probably trying to calm him down.

"I appologize, I thought we have made it large enough that anypony who would see it before they ran into it..."

Winter couldn't help but smirk at the situation. Here was Streak and some other pegasus just performing a little trick, and this pegasus just so happened to have flown near it and gotten upset. Oh, how fate works on some days... Winter felt he needed to add something to the explanation, though, and decided to follow Streak's lead. "I'm sorry, Mister, it's completely my fault... I, uh, wanted to see them fly a little, is all. It really isn't that big of a deal though, just a little spin of clouds. Such a mighty pegasus as yourself must have no problem with such things, right?" Winter smiled up at him, trying his best to fake adoration. Alright, suck up mode engaged... I hope this works. "I mean you look so strong and lean, you must be an excellent flyer, am I right? Nopony would have gotten hurt from that, especially not such a strong and fast daredevil like you."

Gale had bolted out shortly after the other but was now hearing extreme flank kissing for the new pegasus that had joined the fray "You two don't need to inflate his ego so much, it was his own fault since we are up here high enough where others don't tend to fly, if he wasn't paying attention that was due to his own negligence not anything of Streak or I's doing" He said and scoffed, hating groveling and ego stroking...

"I appologize, I thought we have made it large enough that anypony who would see it before they ran into it..."

Crescent was flattered and took a bit of a nonchalant look. Rubbing his hoof on his chest, like it was no big deal that this pony thought he was so awesome, but when the Griffin began schmoozing him as well, the jig was up. Crescent was aware he had skills but no pony had ever just started complimenting him out of nowhere. He was about to throw a sharp comment back at them about how they must they're hilarious, when the other pegasi came in,

"You two don't need to inflate his ego so much, it was his own fault since we are up here high enough where others don't tend to fly, if he wasn't paying attention that was due to his own negligence not anything of Streak or I's doing"

the sucking up had been one thing but now this pony was trying to blame the whole fiasco on Crescent! "Well excuse me if i dont expect there to be Funnel clouds right outside of a busy city! I was just doing some-...wait" Crescent had seen this pony before, but he was having trouble placing him. "Have we met you seem REALLY familiar, maybe at the track? you must be a racer-" then it hit him. Recognizing the famous pegasus his mood went from agitated to thankful for this chance encounter, completely forgetting about the funnel cloud "Holy sweet baby celestia! your Gale from the wonderbolts! Oh man you gotta tell me what its like being pro, ive been trying to work my up there forever!"

((It idly amuses me that he didnt recognize Streak, since he's one of the core-6))

Streak just said nothing watching to see what was going to happen now that their 'cover' had been blown, not to mention Gale was not exactly being the frindliest of ponies, though he privately agreed with his teammate on the issue, he was just going to watch for the moment, though if worse came to worst he did have some 'bribes' in his bags nearby, while he would have prefered them going to a nice shapely mare or a starry-eyed foal, he wasnt above using them to appease unhappy bystandars, though this didnt look like it would be the case.

" AND YOU!!! YOUR STREAK! oh man this is crazy! oh sorry i gues i shouldnt say your names so loud. Anyway I'm wondering, well could you guys maybe give me some pointers? im trying to go pro and i think im good enough but no team seems to want me and sponsors ignore me." he looked at streak and gale hopefully, maybe they held the secret to busting out of the semi-pro doldrums! Crescent completely ignored the griffin, he had actually forgotten about him in his excitement. "Oh i forgot to introduce myself! Im Crescent Blaze, I race in Cloudsdale's semi-pro circuit."

Winter Bolt, the tan pegasus, looked in dismay over to Gale, hearing his words and feeling his frustration. "Sorry, I was only trying to help... I thought this would be the easiest way to make him leave us alone."

"Holy sweet baby celestia! your Gale from the wonderbolts! Oh man you gotta tell me what its like being pro, ive been trying to work my up there forever!" "Wonderbolts? What?" He looked towards his two new companions questioningly. "But, you, when, what? I've always wanted to... But how?" He shook his head and composed his thoughts. "You guys are so amazing! I had no idea it was you! Do you do this often? I mean, this is like... a dream come true, really. I always loved the Wonderbolts! I always wanted to BE a Wonderbolt... But anyways, uh... erm... Nice to meet you guys in person, really! This is so awesome!" He smiled the widest grin he could and let waves of happiness radiate from him. Yeah, he was living the dream now!

"Oh sweet Celestia..." Gale muttered and chuckled "Um it's very nice to meet you I am sure...I'm sure it wont take you long to get noticed, but practice is important, that's what we were doing with the cloud practicing..." Gale was sort of flattered he was noticed before Streak but at the same time the other starting to gush made him want to hide behind his friend....

"Honestly the main pointer is to WANT it and to keep working towards it constantly, I got into the WonderBolts by working hard and by being a good team player" He said and smiled.

"Going pro is the only thing i have EVER wanted and worked for since i earned my cutie mark." his tone more serious now, "It may not be for flying, but that's never stopped me. I guess it must be the team player thing. I dont mind sharing the spotlight but-. I dont know, i guess depending on somepony else to help me succeed just feels...well embarrassing. And actually speaking of practice that's just what i was doing when i nearly ran into your little funnel cloud over there! Sorry i almost messed it up. I tend to get rather hyper focused on whatever it is im doing, especially flying."

Lighting Streak smiled "It's good to see such dedication, but like my friend said, that's not always enough" he explained "let me give you a down-to-equestria tip, the most important skills for consideration isnt strength or speed, it's agility and stamina, when I first tried out, I could probably have made a nice living as a professional wrestler, I had muscles on top of muscles" he said, looking slightly embarrassed since he had let the majority of his muscle mass deteriorate, though he was still extremely fit and trim he certainly was not going to win any fighting matches "being a team player is important, and also remember this: never give up" he smiled "It took me more than one tryout to get in myself" he explained