[cloudsdale] A little Practice... [OPEN]

Ashton

"Yes it's very important in fact I got my cutie mark due to being good at flying in bad weather, that takes dexterity too" he said sorta shifting to the side so the thunder clouds and lightning flashes on his flank were visible " But I'm sure..if you two wanted..we could give you a little training session hn?" he elbowed his fellow WonderBolt "What say you Streak?"

Crescent looked at Streak's strikingly slim yet athletic physique, and then down at himself. He was fit and not overly muscular, but he was taller and broader than streak, which made him look downright bulky compared to the famous pegasis. years of combat training had built him up in many ways, speed, strength and stamina surely, but not agility or dexterity as the two wonderbolts mentioned was key. Feeling a bit depressed he said, "I dont think I could ever let myself get as thin as you, not with the combat training i do. There's no way i could give that up though, its a family tradition, its just too important to me..." Uncharacteristically his mood had flagged severely, for a moment he wondered if it was actually possible for him to be a professional with the body he had. He brushed the thought aside, his infallible confidence returning, "No, i'll find a way, I always have. Quitting was never an option!" his good mood had returned with the reclamation of his ambition. Crescent heard Gale's remark about a training session and with the return of his high he jumped on the opportunity. "A training session with the wonderbolts!? How could i say no?" In his excitement he did a loop coming back to the group beaming ear to ear.

Winter watched the conversation, wondering when it would be best to interject.

"But I'm sure..if you two wanted..we could give you a little training session hn?"

And there it was, he couldn't resist. "That sounds amazing! Really, that would be the best thing since chopped daisies! I'd be eternally grateful..." He paused a moment before adding, "And of course, training with semi-pro wouldn't be bad experience either!" He smiled at Crescent Blaze. Yeah, this was going to be a fun day.

Lightning looked at gale "well, whatcha say, pal, should we give them an 'A' exercise... or a 'B' exercise?" he asked, A and B of course code for 'Average' and 'Breaker' the latter being extremely difficult intended to 'break' as many testees as possible...

"Oh I think they could handle B " he said and smirked slightly "Might want to go get our goggles before we do anything though" he didn't want to risk his glasses in such a endevor!

"I'm sure you both have the chops to handle it though and afterwards I'll take you all out for a Fruit fizz! My treat eh?" Plus he loved those things..

"Umm...what do you mean A and B? Wouldnt A be harder than B? Cause i could probably get an A on any flying test." Crescent ask trying to squeeze just a little bit of flying cred in there. "Whatever. Doesnt really matter i guess. Just show me what to do!" Crescent was getting pumped trying to get his adrenaline going again in preparation for trying to impress the wonderbolts. Tightening his focus once more, he lowered his own goggle over his eyes. He thought that maybe if he was in good with them they might remember him and mention him to other teams, who might ask him to join, or ponies who might be interested in sponsoring him.

"Mhm... A or B... Well, if you think I can handle B, that is probably best. A is probably really scary, anyways, right?" Winter gave a lighthearted laugh before moving on, "So, B for me, then... Do any of you happen to have spare goggles? I... I'm sorry, but I've never really bought any since I've never needed them..."

"Oh, and what is a Fruit Fizz?"

Streak smiled at Winter, reaching up and pulling off his goggles and tossing them to the pegasus "keep 'em" he said as he headed over to his bags and brought out a second pair, sliding them over his eyes, he headed back over to gale "I'm thinking some of the rainbow sewer lines" he smirked, anyone who fell behind would be lost for hours in there... "maybe finish it off with a 'loud dive'?"

"Tell me how to get it done and i'll be ready to go." Crescent wasnt familiar with the terms Streak used for those moves but that didnt shake his confidence in the slightest. He was always up for trying something new, especially if it was a challenge. he did a few aerial stretches as was his norm before doing anything rigorous, awaiting the wonderbolt's instructions.

He got his own pair of Goggles on, they fit over his glasses perfectly "A fruit fizz is fruit juice with fizzy water in it so it sparkles" He said and glanced at his companion and nodded grinning "Oh yeah that sounds PERFECT for them " he said stretching his wings "Just don't look too embarassed when I beat the lot of you" He added, flashing a confident grin, though he was just messing around planning on sticking right by Streak's side the entire time so they could teach these kids.

WInter slowly pulled the goggles over his eyes. Oh Celestia help me.... He readied himself and could already feel his heart racing. Great, I don't even know what we are about to do and I am already nervous. Maybe that is why I am nervous? He squinted his eyes and focused back on the Wonderbolts. "So what exactly is this... Rainbow sewer lines and 'loud dives,' Streak? Are they dangerous?"

Streak smirked "Now with me at the helm, dont worry about that" he said, an indeed he was planning to make sure it was all safe, though with any luck the foals would get lost atleast once and end up crashing into a cloudbank, unharmed but surely embarassed

"Ready?" he asked drawing a line in the cloud "On 1" he smirked "5...4...3...2...1!" he leapt off the cloud, diving down, swooping back up and flying towards the rainbow factory...

Gale bolted after him, soon flying parallel to him, smirking slightly at his companion since they were really going to put the two through the wringer today, enjoying the rush blowing through his hair, though half wished they had their wonderbolt suits on since they seriously cut back on air drag.

Crescent timed the countdown just like he would for a race, becoming more and more pumped with every number. When streak hit 1 Crescent rocketed himself downward gaining the necessary speed and began following the wonderbolts by about 2 ponies lengths. He was flying with the wonderbolts! it was a once in a lifetime experience, but he pushed the thought out his mind as a nagging feeling edged its way in,"wait...they never explained what we're doing." he thought to himself briefly before turning his full attention to not losing the 2 ponies in front of him. With that quick realization Crescent pushed himself to stay completely concentrated on the task at hand. He judged that by their direction that they must be heading for the rainbow factory, where he worked.

WInter felt reassured by the Wonderbolt. At least a trained professional thought it was safe enough, right? After the countdown and launch, Winter got off to a slow start on the race, but he managed to still keep track of the other racers. He stayed at around 4 pony lengths from Crescent, trying his hardest to keep up. Gosh... So fast. I wonder where we are going? I've never been around here before! What if I get lost! He then realized that worrying wouldn't be helpful for him at all at this point. May as well try to keep up. As long as I don't lose Crescent, I'll be fine!

((oh and just to clarify, yes I said "Rainbow Factory" but I'm just talking about the canon "weather factory" bad habit. Nothing bad going to happen, be seen or even referenced))

As they flew, Streak coudl make out the factory in the distance, hw smiled as he recalled flying here as a foal, how he discivered the place (and it's 'back entrance' which he made explicit use of later in life when he worked there...) he zipped down low and flew up vertical to a stream of rainbows that were flowing from one of the sewer pipes, as close as he could get to them without getting dreenched, and then he zipped into the pip, barely large enough for a full-sized stallion... this was going to be a tight exercise....

Gale continued to follow him, though lightly moved a hoof down to send a small arching stream of liquid color over his back, but soon pulled his hoof back and pressed his body tightly together as he charged into another pipe, he was also very well versed in them since both parents worked there for years, he closed his eyes as he started navigating the pipes, he knew them inside out and backwords and it was always fun to zip through them.

"Ah so thats what they meant. Piece o cake.", Crescent thought. Crescent followed them into the pipes working his way through them at high speed, he was very familiar with their inner workings,. He proceeded to do a few barrel rolls and twists as he went around corners, as he had run this route plenty of times when showing up for work; to the utter dismay of his boss who had reprimanded him more than once for doing it. "YEEEEHAAAAHH!!! IS THAT ALL YOU GOT!?" he hollered keeping a tight tail on Gale and Streak.

Winter struggled to keep up as they neared the piping, and once they all shot inside, he had to push every second to make sure he kept up with the tight turns. I'd hate to get lost in this maze... Why did they have to design this place like this? It's horrible! He grimaced as he kept pushing and heard Crescent up ahead.

"YEEEEHAAAAHH!!! IS THAT ALL YOU GOT!?"

"THIS BETTER BE ALL THEY GOT!!" Winter called back, trying to catch up with Crescent. "THIS IS HARD STUFF!"

Streak grinned at Gale and made a 'Y' motion, as they turned slowed down *just* enough to let Croissant ketch up... and imemdiatly split doing two different directions when the pipe 'dead ended' No doubt if the other pegasai werent well aware of the layout, atleast one would crash into it and fall into the rainbow runoff below...

"oh...clever." Crescent was well aware of the dead end rapidly approaching as he had made the mistake of continuing down this pipe in his first few explorations down here. He quickly swerved into the slightly smaller auxiliary pipe that would lead him out into the main facility where he would be let out into the sky again, half hoping the tan pony wouldnt know the way so he could get a good laugh.

OOC: really ashton...Croissant? ketchup? actually thats pretty hilarious lol

Winter had all but lost Crescent, only catching a flash of him when before he would round a corner or bend. Great, just great... He continued flying until out of nowhere a massive black shape emerged in front of him. What in Equestria... he swerved left as hard as he could, having to run along the wall while flying for a moment to keep from crashing dead on! He pushed and lost his footing, tumbling over while trying to stay above the rainbow runoff below. No, no, no no! Not with the Wonderbolts here! He barely managed to pull up in time, keeping out of the goop below. As he regained stability, he called out in front of him, "NOT COOL, GUYS! I COULD HAVE BEEN HURT! Do you know what rainbows do to ponies that drink them?! I nearly just went for a swim in the stuff!" He flew forward furiously, knowing the next pony he caught would be in for the tongue lashing of his life. That is... IF I manage to catch up to anypony... He hadn't seen anypony since nearly running into the pipe wall. Oh well, all I can do is keep flying forward now... I better be careful.

(CRASSONT! KETCHUP! BAHAHAHAHA XD!)

Once out on the other side Gale snorted hearing the other screaming about the cause of Rainbow On a pony "Nothing what soever! I drink it in my beverages all the time!" he called back as he flew up and out, starting to do loops around the clouds..before coming to rest on one snickering "That was fun but now we should do..something Really intense" He spotted a thunderstorm rolling towards them "Lets go and have fun in the storm!" he loved storms so much.

((EDIT: For anyone who read my post before, ignore it))

Streak landed next to Gale, smiling at him "always fun" he said "too bad we have some others with us or I'd take you up on that, I'd rather not put anyone in danger who's not prepared for it though" he said, quitly, so the others owuldnt hear it.

Crescent zipped up out the tubes just behind the two wonderbolts. he hovered away for a moment wondering if the other pagasus made it through alright. he alighted softly on the cloud next to streak. just as he finished saying something about not putting ponies in danger. "Wow that was fun! but can we try something harder next? I run that route a lot it wasnt too much of a challenge.And im always up for something risky! wheres the fun in life if you dont take chances now and then?"