Planned Inactivity or Leaving?

Manestream

Based on an excellent suggestion from one of our users, we have discussed the need for a thread where users can inform other RP'ers when they are planning on taking extended leaves of absence. We think this is an excellent idea to help keep things organized and neat!

This topic/thread is open use for any RP'er who is going to be taking a leave of absence to post a heads up to all of their RP's, and let them know they will be unable to respond for an extended period of time. While it would still be best to make an appropriate 'exit' from any RP you will be absent from (a clean way to excuse your character from the RP such as 'oh my goodness I left the muffins in too long!'), we understand that sometimes life happens, and you may or may not be able to do so. In either scenario, we kindly ask that you post your planned leave of absence in this topic here!

For example, if I know I will be camping for two weeks in the summer, I would make a post in this thread bringing attention to the fact that any of my characters (and provide a list) will be inactive for those two weeks. I would try to post this information at least a week in advance, work on excusing myself from my RP's, and then go have some fun in the wilderness! Then when I get back, I could make a new post about my characters being re-opened, and ready to RP again, and talk to the RP's I was present in to see if there would be an acceptable way to work my OC back into the RP. I think this courtesy would go a long ways, and keep a lot of the "Is so and so ever going to post in mysterious thread here again?" at bay.

This thread can also double in the unfortunate circumstance that somepony feels the need to leave the Equestria forums indefinitely. While I personally do not want to see anypony go, if somepony decides that they need to part ways for whatever reason, then this topic/thread can also be used to give a heads-up to their respective RP's and to glean any contact information they would like to from other bronies. In this case, we will hang onto a user's information and OC's up to two weeks before removing any old applications or characters from the boards (freeing up slots for new chars). If the user decides to come back in that time, then all they need is post in that thread that they are returning, and nothing will be cleaned out as outdated information.

Tl:dr version: Post here when your planning on being gone! Thanks for being considerate of your fellow RP'ers, and check back here often to see what is going on with your fellow bronies!

• Like 1

Oh, the last forum I was on had one of these. I would like to make a suggestion that it be dissuaded that the thread be used for small reasons. This was a problem on said forum; members would post things for even a 30 min leave of absence ("Bye guys I'm going to get milk and I'll be back). Of course, it's not the worst possible problem, but it did create thread clogging.

Oh, the last forum I was on had one of these. I would like to make a suggestion that it be dissuaded that the thread be used for small reasons. This was a problem on said forum; members would post things for even a 30 min leave of absence ("Bye guys I'm going to get milk and I'll be back). Of course, it's not the worst possible problem, but it did create thread clogging.

wow you are fast at responding!

Yeah, this thread is not for like 30 minute bouts- we're talking any period longer than you would be expected to post. 3days might be reasonable, but really not necessary unless you dont think you'll be posting all week.

wow you are fast at responding!

Yeah, this thread is not for like 30 minute bouts- we're talking any period longer than you would be expected to post. 3days might be reasonable, but really not necessary unless you dont think you'll be posting all week. <3

Sorry, I just refreshed at the right time. :3

GET OUTTA MAH BRAIN, MANEY. I was just about to ask you if a thread like this existed :|

But yes. Putting an official notice here for everypony to see: I'm leaving indefinitely. I've already picked up a copy of my profiles, so you and staff can actually get rid of those whenever you see fit rather than waiting the two weeks.

I do ask that this account itself remain active for the two weeks however, as I'm still waiting on responses to a couple PMs. If they come within that timeframe, I'll let someone on staff know and they can delete the account earlier than that.

I'm not leaving, just realized I'm not going to be around for the next unspecified while really. We just found out my dad has cancer, among other family crisis matters, so yeah. Love to all! <3

Oh wow. All my hopes and prayers go to you and your family!

Those of you who post here, I please ask you to read the news discussion.

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=985

I've read it. Still leaving.

Also, to Balletvamp: you have my sympathies, cancer is a horrible thing for anyone to deal with, and painful to watch a loved one endure.

No worries Thunderbuck, your account wont get cleaned out or anything for at least two weeks. I'm personally sorry to see you go. I wish you the best in your endeavors!

this isn't a 'i'm leaving for a bit' post but more like a quick note that i tend to get inactive without warning lmao. i have a terrible attention span (much to the dismay of my friends on wow hurr hurr) so if i just disappear and you need me, pm me over the board! i get an email notification when this happens so you can guarantee i'll read your pm and probably get back to posting :3

I just wanna put up here that I will be inactive for a while. At least till I'm off for the summer break. I Will come back and post occasionally, I still have to excuse myself from another RP, so I won't comment on any new RP's or anything, but I won't do any RPing for a while. Sorry if this doesn't make sense just know that my life got busy because of college and I am on hiatus for a while :) I promise to come back.

I just wanna put up here that I will be inactive for a while. At least till I'm off for the summer break. I Will come back and post occasionally, I still have to excuse myself from another RP, so I won't comment on any new RP's or anything, but I won't do any RPing for a while. Sorry if this doesn't make sense just know that my life got busy because of college and I am on hiatus for a while :) I promise to come back.

Good luck with that college work! I *just* received my certificate in the mail yesterday, I remember just how much work college can be!

This thread was a good idea. =)

And actually, I'll be gone from April 30th- May 5th on vacation in Orlando. It's a ways out, but I might as well post it now. I'm forgetful like that. =P

Oooh, have fun x3 I know I might be gone a few days for a bachelorette party in May, but i'll likely have internet access at the cabin, so it wont be a big deal I don't think.

I'm done. Barring further notice, I won't be RPing here anymore.

Well, here's some further notice: I need to get my RP fix somewhere, and since "leaving" I haven't found many other options. So scratch my last post, I'm staying =)

You scared me there ;_;

I'm done. Barring further notice, I won't be RPing here anymore.

Well, here's some further notice: I need to get my RP fix somewhere, and since "leaving" I haven't found many other options. So scratch my last post, I'm staying =)

You scared me there ;_;

Yeah, I REALLY need to learn not to make snap decisions.