Celestia VS Luna/Nightmare Moon

MyLittlePonyTales

hi hi

I'm not sure I understand the intent here, but I'll throw in my two bits. At the end of episode 2 when you see Luna laying on the ground in defeat, you can see the shattered remains of her magic items sitting right next to her and there are little wisps of tacky blue smoke rising up from them quite a lot like Nightmare Moon's mane and tail. What I gathered from that is that their larger size is not their true form, and I suppose if you smashed Celestia's artifacts, she would revert back to her original pink haired self.

hi hi

I'm not sure I understand the intent here, but I'll throw in my two bits. At the end of episode 2 when you see Luna laying on the ground in defeat, you can see the shattered remains of her magic items sitting right next to her and there are little wisps of tacky blue smoke rising up from them quite a lot like Nightmare Moon's mane and tail. What I gathered from that is that their larger size is not their true form, and I suppose if you smashed Celestia's artifacts, she would revert back to her original pink haired self.

I had never thought of this. O_O

oh, so that was where the discussion was headed, my bad

on topic: similar to mint's theory, but instead of Celestia possessing artifacts similar to Nightmare Moon's, i would say that after having to control both day and night for a complete millennia she "absorbed" traits of both, changing her original pink-only mane to a more complete color spectrum

also worth copypasta of what an anon said on that discussion linked

They don't have manes in their god forms. NMM's "mane" is a starfield, a projection of her element as she controls it. Celestia's "mane" is a spectrum of light, a rainbow in simpler terms.

When they're not pumping cosmic magic through their bodies, they probably revert to normal pony sized beings.

so maybe we are just trying too hard

Sooo, are you suggesting that Celestia is not Celestia due to her physical tangible appearance (particularly the hair) doesn't correspond to a drawing in a book?

Let me try and explain the photo.

The first two top photos is what they both may have looked like, according to the show. "It has been a thousand years since I have seen you like this." Celestia says to Luna upon Nightmare Moon being defeated, Episode 2.

The next to photos are of Celestia and Nightmare Moon. While Celestia appears the same, Nightmare Moon does not look like Luna, and in fact appears a bit larger than Celestia.

After that is the third set of pictures. Celestia is turned pure white with a rainbow mane and tail, rather than her white body with pinkish wings, mane, and tail. This is the form we see today.

The second picture draws an arrow to the bottom, which is a fan photo. According to what we know about the changes they two sisters have undergone, this is Celestia's true form, something closer to what Luna looks like now.

The thing I think this photo is trying to convey is, what exactly was the sudden change that caused Celestia to become so drastically different? It happened around the time of Nightmare Moon and the use of the Elements of Harmony, but what in all of this caused Celestia to change form, and will she someday revert back?