Does anyones Parents know they are a Brony?

Dash91

My mom knows I enjoy the show, but she doesn't know about me being in the fandom. Heck, I don't even think she knows there's a fandom for the show. :P

As for my dad, he's pretty much clueless since he lives on the other side of the country. I feel uncomfortable telling him I enjoy a show about pastel colored ponies anyway.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 413
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

My parents know. So does my sister. They're pretty cool with it, although they playfully tease me sometimes... (my sister mostly). Okay, a lot, but, what can you do? Besides, I am one of the younger fans of the show (not like 5 XD), so it's not as confusing as a 20-year-old guy watching a show full of pastel ponies.

Also, my dad's offered to take me to a Brony Convention in November,so he's obviously fine with it. Although he does find Bronies weird, but not in a super crazy way.

My parents know and my brother. My mom knows but she doesn't talk about it. My dad knows but he doesn't tease me about it unless I'm watching the show in front of him. My brother is constantly on my back about it and my stepdad accepts it. He even went so far as to get rainbowfied figurines and coloring stuff and erasers with the mane six on them for Christmas. I didn't ask for them

• 3 weeks later...

Short answer: yes.

Long answer: yes, my parents know because I was never afraid to tell them in the first place. My older brother got my younger brother and I into the show, and from there it became something that was generally accepted in the family. Sure my parents make the occasional remark about teenage and adult boys getting really involved in the whole thing, but they are never in a scoffing manor. I am an extremely lucky person because of this.

But of course, I'm not the one who talks ponies 24/7. In fact, I hardly talk about it in real life; mostly just the fandom creations (especially the music). However, because I don't talk about MLP much at all, I do t think any of my friends even know I'm a brony. It should be interesting when the day comes where it is revealed xD

Archived