[Canterlot]A Night Under the Stars, (xIceStormX, MyLittlePonyTales, PM to Join)

IceStorm

Ice Storm let out a contented sigh. It ended up being a very good decision to come back to Canterlot even if it was only for one night. During the Not-Quite-As-Grand Galloping Gala that Starburst had held, she had made a couple new friends, and had indeed found the side of Canterlot where the ponies where nice. Something that almost made her wish that she had found that place before she had moved to Ponyville. If she had, then maybe she wouldn't have lost everything that she had ever had to move there. Things had definitely gotten better though. She had made several friends in Ponyville, and she wouldn't trade them for anything a this point. Not to mention that her store was already becoming quite popular already there.

After a small bit of walking it didn't take long for her to reach the park of which she practically grew up in while in Canterlot. Just walking through it brought back so many memories, though unfortunately not all of them were good. The majority of them were though. Her favorite being on her favorite hill. How she would come to this hill almost every night to look up at the stars in the sky. Now, even though she no longer lived here, she had found her way to her hill once again, and like always it was empty. She looked up to the stars. "Oh Luna, your nights are as beautiful as ever," she said aloud to herself as laid down. "To think that most ponies go inside during something so beautiful. Far more beautiful than anything I've seen in the day personally," She added once again thinking out loud. Content to just sit there and watch the moon in the sky like she always does. Even back home in ponyville on clear nights, she'll go to the park. "Oh how much more beautiful your nights are from that park. There are absolutely no lights there at all. It lets your night shine in full glory, and that alone makes it my favorite stop back at home." she spoke to herself.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It was night. As usual, the streets were empty, as Luna traversed them alone. Her feet made light clip-clop sounds on the stone streets, not loud enough to disturb anypony. She was still quite unfamiliar with the layout of most of Canterlot. Looking at a map didn't compare to walking the path yourself.

In addition to exploring the lay of Canterlot, Luna was also enjoying the night air. It felt good to get out of the castle, even if she was by herself... although it was a bit lonely. Still, it wasn't anything she hadn't experienced previously. Being alone was something she had tried to resign herself to. But she knew she should be wary about where she let her mind and emotions wander.

Her ears perked as they picked up the sound of her name. At first she thought it was just her imagination, hearing the wind blow or some other such trick of the mind. But the voice continued, and Luna's ears swiveled as she tried to pinpoint the source. Surely there wasn't anypony out at this hour? She looked down the street at all the closed shops and dark houses.

She looked right, and then left—and then did a double take to look right again. A shadowy figure sat in the park atop a hill. It was her voice that Luna was hearing. She slowly made her way across the grass, her light hoofsteps barely rustling the grass. “Far more beautiful than anything I've seen in the day personally.” Luna paused at this. She was close enough to listen clearly now, but far enough away that any movements would likely go undetected, unless the mare turned around.

When the mare paused, Luna decided it was time to make her move. “Excuse me.” she said lightly, trying not to frighten the Unicorn. She walked closer, so as to better be in her sight. “Are you aware of what time it is? It's been dark for hours. Are you lost?” The thought hadn't occurred to her until just now that perhaps this pony was not out in the middle of the night on purpose. Perhaps she needed help.

Ice Storm had no idea that there was anypony else in the park. She figured at this time of night every other pony would be asleep. That was everypony except one, and Ice couldn't possibly think of a reason for her to be anywhere other than the castle. She wasn't alone in the park though, and a soft, "excuse me," came from behind her Ice turned around to see who else could possibly be here at this time of night and if they were looking for any sort of help. When she saw the princess, "Princess Luna!" she stated a mixture of shock and joy as she knelt respectfully before her. When Luna asked if she was aware of what time it was, and that it's been dark for hours Ice nodded. "I know, kind makes me sad that the Not-Quite-as-Grand Galloping Gala went as far into the night as it did. As far as being lost, I practically spent what fillyhood I had left after I came to Canterlot in this park. There have been a few changes, but not enough o confuse me too much. Back when I lived here before, I use to come to this park every night and just stare at the stars. It was always usually the best part of my days, and honest, no offense meant to you sister, but you do a lot better job at the night than she did. It's much more luminescent. I still sleep in the park at home in Ponyville at times just so I can be out at night, a habit I got into to relieve stress after always fighting with most of the locals here," she explained to her hoping that she wasn't boring her with her somewhat long explanation.

It was late, too late for many ponies to be out. Fire Heart knew this, yet she didn't care. She trotted through the park, a little flame the she cast on th tip of her horn to act like a candle in the darkness. It was not that she needed much light. Overhead the stars were out in all their glory, illuminating the sky.

Ever since she was little, Fire Heart loved the park. Now the she was older and at Princess Celestia's School for Gifted Unicorns, she didn't have too much time to visit it other that at night. In any case she felt safe traveling here, not that anypony would want to tangle with a unicorn that knew fire magic!

She at last came to the base of a hill. This was her spot, her little piece of the universe, at least for the time being. "Wow," she said to lherself looking up at the night sky, "those stars are so beautiful tonight. I wonder what it's like painting the sky with stars. You really out did yourself tonight, Luna. Sometimes I wish I can be like you being all magical and creative. But I'm stuck with making fire."

She quickly shook her head, as if trying to dislodge her negative feelings about her and her magic. "But there is one thing I bet you can't do," she said with a grin.

With that Fire Heart closed her eyes and with a glow of her horn, small flames erupted around her body. Then she began to dance. There was no band in the park, but she could clearly hear it in her head. She danced a slow dance, a waltz, swaying and spinning. The flames responded to her, flowing like she had a fiery dress on. For all she knew, it was just her in the park.

Fire Heart, the pony that catches fire.

• 3 weeks later...

Luna nodded her head in acknowledgment to the bowing pony. At least she'd been recognized as herself rather than... well, somepony she'd much rather not think about. It seemed to be happening more and more, the longer she was in Equestria. It seemed that a lot of ponies were learning to accept her existence and position as a princess.

“You... like the stars?” Luna looked curiously at the blue Unicorn. A thousand years ago, barely anypony cared to even come outside at night, much less observe the stars. No, most ponies were asleep even before the moon rose, preparing for early work mornings and taking care of families... but only when the sun was up.

She did blush slightly when the mare complimented her. Luna wasn't quite used to being compared to Celestia in a positive light. More often than not, everypony praised Celestia and ignored Luna, or went on about how the night princess should be more like her sister. At least, that was how things had been, and it was part of a mound of things that drove her to the edge.

Before her question could be answered, however, she caught a flash of something from across the park. Gazing at it, she thought it looked like fire, and was momentarily alarmed. However, she was quick to notice that the flames seemed to be moving in patterns, obviously controlled by someone with the ability. Staring at the flames, she thought she caught a pony among them... but she wasn't sure.

“What in Equestria?” she said, barely above a whisper. Her hushed tone was one of awe and caution. Subconsciously, she didn't want to disturb whoever was playing with fire, as the consequences could end up less than pleasant. However, the fire was also mesmerizing in a way, curving about in random yet purposeful patterns.

Ice nodded to the princess when she asked if she liked the stars. "The stars, the moon, everything about the night I like better than during the day. I'm not constantly getting blinded by the sun, but the moon provide the perfect amount of light to still allow me to see, and while there are 'some' occasions during the day where you can look up and see a randomly shaped cloud in the sky, you can always look up at the starts at night and see an assortment of shapes that you could have missed the night before. Not to mention the temperatures are quite a bit cooler at night than they are during the day, and that's one of my favorite specialties about it. If it wasn't for the fact that all the foals and fillies have to sleep at night, I'd run my store during the overnight hours," she explained to the princess with a smile.

Out of the corner of her eye, no sooner had she completed her explanation, she spotted something that appeared to be a fire. "Oh no!" she proclaimed and stood up trotting towards it ready to use her ice magic if she needed to in order to put it out. She paused. The fire wasn't spreading, instead it was warping around a pony that seemed to be controlling it. "Oh, well that's a relief," she sat back down next to the princess watching as the other pony drew closer. "It is quite impressive though. I've never seen such a thing, though I prefer my ice magic myself."

Fire Heart was so lost in the waltz in her head, that she didn't notice the two ponies on top of the hill. It was just her, her fire magic, and her dancing. The world around her was just a blur. Then again she did have her eyes closed while dancing to focus more on the music. Then, like an orchestra ending their opus, the song stopped in her head. Fire Heart stopped in an elegant bowing position, something that a daughter of a dancer would know.

When she lifted her head and opened her eyes, she saw two ponies now on the side of the hill looking at her. The first was a little older than her, a unicorn, and from what she could tell in the light of the moon had a bluish hue to her pelt, mane, and tail. Perhaps she knew water magic. She hoped it wasn't ice magic. Fire Heart hated the cold as it affected her twice as much as a normal pony due to her fire magic. her winter routine resembled more like a pony donning armor.

But Fire Heart got the biggest surprise of her life when she saw none other than Princess Luna. "Princess Luna," she said in a tone of both excitement and disbelief as she bowed, "It's an honor to meet you."

• 2 months later...

It was quite unusual to Luna to meet a pony so enthralled with the night. She had always expected, when she took control of the sky, that everypony would marvel at her works and enjoy the dark hours just as much as light hours. But she'd been wrong, and she couldn't quite understand why. After all, the night was a time for relaxing—why not go for a stroll or study the night flora and fauna? Those certainly hadn't been normal activities a thousand years ago, and it still surprised Luna that things were... well, different now.

She would have asked what kind of shop the blue unicorn ran—she realized she hadn't gotten her name yet—but the flame pony currently held her attention. The both of them watched for a few minutes as she continued on. After all, if she didn't want to be watched, why would she put on such a display in public? Then again, it was nighttime, when most ponies were tucked away in their houses.

“The pleasure is all mine.” Princess Luna replied to the red Unicorn. “Might I ask your name, and what you're doing out so late?” she turned to the other Unicorn present. “And the same to you.”

Ice smiled as she saw the filly approaching them. Perhaps there are fillies that stay up later than I had imagined. Either that or her mother just doesn't know that she's out running around. Even so, it's always fun to see the younger ones so energized and happy, she thought to herself. She always loved seeing everypony around her being happy. It was the one thing inside that made her keep going. The one thing that made her push forward was the fact that with the right flavor of snow cone or the right frozen treat, she could always put a smile on anypony's face.

Once the filly had noticed the princess, she too bowed and the princess greeted her in return, stating that the pleasure was hers. Ice listened as she asked pretty much the same question that she had asked her when she found her here, except asking for her name as well further asking for Ice's as well. "Oh, my name is Ice Storm. That probably should have been one of the first things I told you..." she responded with an apologetic smile for what she believed to be her rudeness. She then waited for the filly's name as well before she would continue on. After all, it was rare that a filly got to meet a princess, and it was especially rare that anypony got to meet the princess of the night, or at least so she thought.

Fire Heart was a little nervous around Princess Luna, not because of the princess herself, but because of what Fire was doing. Her fire dancing was always done in privacy, usually at night when no ponies were around. She saw her fire ability as a sometimes beautiful skill, while other ponies saw it as destruction.

The other unicorn introduced herself as Ice Storm. Great, Fire thought. An Ice pony. While a pony with an ice ability was ok, she knew that she was uncomfortable around the cold.

"Nice to meet you Ice Storm and of course Princess Luna. I'm Fire Heart. As for what I'm doing out, I'm enjoying the night sky and ... well ... dancing. I kind of have to dance like that night, because ponies would be scared at my fire ability."

• 2 weeks later...

When she'd set out for her walk earlier in the evening, Luna hadn't expected to run into anypony. Yet here she was, conversing with not one, but two other females, at this hour of the night. For her, it was still quite early, but most other, normal ponies would have been in bed hours ago. It was odd, to expect to be alone, and then... well, not be.

Luna smiled warmly at Fire Heart. “I'm sure that's not true. Judging from your Cutie Mark, fire has to do with your special talent. It's apart of who you are, and nopony can fault you for that.” Fire was what lit up torches and lanterns around Canterlot. It kept ponies warm in Winter, and heated ovens used for baking. It was quite a useful element. Although, Luna couldn't deny that it also had its dangers. Still, the same could be said of ice, or water, or earth... all elemental powers, indeed, perhaps all talents, had potential to be used for harm. But that just wasn't how ponies operated.

“And Ice Storm. That's a lovely name. What sort of occupation do you have?” Luna was trying to converse with both ponies so neither would feel left out.

Ice smiled as Luna talked to the younger filly. It really made her wonder why everypony was so afraid of her. She was nice. A lot nicer that even some of the other ponies here in Canterlot. It baffled her a bit as she heard Luna tell Fire Heart that fire was a part of who she was, and that considering that her cutie mark had fire in it that it had something to do with her special talent and that nopony could fault her for that. Every word that came out of Luna's mouth made her love her more and dislike everypony else even more for stereotyping her for a mistake that she made several lifetimes ago. It just wasn't fair! She would make the truth known though. She would make sure to defend Luna's honor as if it were her own, when the Princess of the Night wasn't around to do it herself of course. She is still a princess and would be extremely disrespectful to step on her hooves like that and Ice about all things hated disrespectful ponies.

When Luna turned back to her and told her that she had a lovely name, Ice blushed a small bit and smiled. When she asked what her occupation was her smile widened a bit. "Well, aside from star gazing every night, I run a frozen parlor in Ponyville called Frozen Delights. I have almost a complete mastery over the element of ice, so I figured I'd do something with that talent that everypony would love, and I know that everypony loves frozen treats. I sell anything from Ice cream, to snow cones all the way down to frozen ice sculptures. I haven't had an opportunity to sell one of those yet though, but I'm sure it will come with time. Normally I have enough supplies with me to make a snow cone for most that I run into on the streets without charge when I'm not at the shop. The last thing I like to see are foals or younger ponies crying, and from past experiences, a good snow cone puts a smile on everypony's face," she said as she glanced through her bag at the moment. Oh, I didn't take it out. Oh... I didn't take it out.... I hope it didn't leak on my dress, the stain will never come out... she thought to herself. "And apparently I forgot to take the syrup out before I came here. Since I have it though, would either of you like a snow cone? On me of course," she asked with a smile.

Fire smiled as Princess Luna mentioned that because fire was her ability and what she got her cutie mark for ponies couldn' fault her.

"Well that is true that they shouldn't but I can see that some do. That's kind of my problem really. My ability is unique as it's tied to my emotion. So when I'm upset or excited, I burst into flames. It's hard to predict, and it's for that reason I think ponies are scared. I've been tring to learn how to control it, but it's tricky."

Fire then hear Ice Storm mention how she had a mastery over her ice talent.

"Wow, it's great that you can control it to do all sorts of things. I bet you're great in the winter time."

Fire Heart shivered at the thought of winter. She did not like the cold one bit, and she preferred the summer sun to the winter chill. This feeling was further agitated when Ice brought out a snow cone.

"Err... thanks but no thanks. The cold kind of affects me in a bad way because, you know, the fire ability and all."

A thought came to the filly's mind about princess Luna, something she'd be interested in knowing.

"So, Princess Luna, i'm sure you had ponies ask you this before, but in studying you and your sister inm school always wanted to know this. What's it like being a princess? I mean not just the royalty part but having all that magic at your use?"

”What about in winter though? Do you have to close up shop, or is there still business?” Luna couldn't imagine that ponies would want to eat cold things in the Wintertime, but Ice Storm had to make a living somehow during the cold months, right?

“You can't be the only one, I'm sure.” she replied to Fire Heart. “There must be other ponies who share your emotional instability.” Ponies were all different, it was true. But Unicorns, since they actually had to concentrate to use their inner magic, and because it was mental based, every so often had trouble controlling their powers, especially at younger ages. They could have too much and not be able to control it, or too little and not be able to perform basic spells.

“What, pray tell, is a ”snow cone”?” she turned back to Ice Storm as she mentioned the frozen treat.

Then, back to Fire Heart again. “Well, that's a pretty lengthy question. “It would be nice if there were somewhere more comfortable to sit and chat, but... well, all the shops are closed by now.” she frowned, thinking.

Ice shook her head to the Princess's question about her business. "Surprisingly it doesn't drop off too much as one would expect. I imagine that is when most the Ice Sculpting side of the business comes into play. That being said though behind the shop I have a relatively small pond that I plan on freezing and running a skating rink for. I don't know how many ponies like Ice Skating, but it will be there in case they do," she said as Fire heart respectfully declined her snow cone stating that the coldness of them have an adverse reaction to her.

"Oh, I suppose that would make sense, after all the same thing happens to me when I'm out in the heat for too long," she admitted before Fire made the comment she must be amazing in the winter time. She giggled slightly, "Not just in the winter, but It does help with keeping the streets clear after a big snow. After all, it doesn't matter how many businesses are open if nopony can safely get to them. That being said, at least when I used to live here before, I'd always clear the path to my shop leaving random Ice Shapes along the path that I took," she explained before hearing Princess Luna ask what a snow cone was. The question itself made Ice herself feel really, really bad. It just went to show how excluded the Princess of the Night really was and it hurt her to think that ponies can still be this mean to her.

Ice gave the Princess a soft, friendly smile. "Here, I'll make you one. They are simply an amazing treat that no pony should ever have to live without experiencing," she told her in reference to the treat itself. She pulled out one of the purified bottles of water and used her telekinesis magic to lift the water out of the bottle and and move it far enough away to make sure she wouldn't accidentally hit the princess with droplets. Once the water was a safe distance away, she started rotating it to where it got so thin, the only way you could tell that water was there was the shimmering moonlight off of the thin film. Once it got to the appropriate thinness, Ice began to freeze it continuing to spin it and adding the raspberry flavoring. Once all the ice was very much a deep red color, she formed the ice into a ball and placed it on the cone and levitated it up for the princess with a smile.

When she commented that Fire's other question was a lengthy one, and that she wished for someplace more comfortable to sit and chat but all the shops were closed. "Honestly I'd be perfectly fine with sitting out here in the park. I was actually planning on sleeping out here tonight because I enjoy sleeping out under the stars rather than cooped up under a roof. If we can find a park bench, I'd love to stay out here and talk under your moon and your stars," she told the princess proudly. Of course the more she thought about it, the more she realized that the princess didn't really get to visit a lot of shops because they were always closed when she was up. Surely some shops have late night hours. If not though, then I will make sure that she always has an invitation to my shop. Granted it's all the way in Ponyville, but it's someplace for her to go, she thought. By the time they went their separate ways tonight, she was going to make sure that Princess Luna knew that she had one very much solid supporter and at least one very good friend.

Fire Heart thought about what Princess Luna said about other ponies not controling their emotions like she did. She really couldn't think of anypony that had that problem along with such as volitale ability like hers.

"I really can't think of any other pony like that. The whole emotion control thing is why my parents sent me to school in the first place though."

Fire then heard Ice Storm mention Winter. Immediately that word sent shiver up the filly's spine.

"Yeah, winter is really not a fun time for me. And it's not like I can avoid it since it's in Canterlot. So I have to just deal with the snow and such. Hearth's Warming Eve is nice though with all the decorations and activities."

The red unicorn wanted to chat more with Princess Luna, but theere was the matter of finding a place to sit. Granted Fire was ok with sitting on the grass as she did sometimes in the commons of her school to study or to just watch the stars. Yet she didn't expect Luna to want to do the same thing. Her mind raced with ideas as to where to go.

"Well there are benches in the park. But let me think if there is a place open this late."

Then she had an idea about one place that might be open.

"Wait, there is a place near my school. It's called The Happy Bean. It's a coffee shop that's open late for students. Do you two want to go there?"

• 2 weeks later...

It was great to see two ponies, seemingly of opposing elements, getting along so well despite their differences. It wasn't that the two had a personal vendetta against one another, but more so that their talents were opposites. She figured that her night might have had something to do with that, being a neutral time for both. Nights were generally cooler than the days, but not so much so as to keep ponies indoors by the fire—at least when it wasn't Winter.

Luna watched curiously as Ice Storm went to work, first freezing the water she produced from her saddlebags, and then molding it into a perfect ball of ice that much resembled a snowball. Then the ice began to change colors, growing darker the more Ice Storm intertwined the clear frozen liquid with the contrasting colored flavoring.

Once it was prepared, Luna grasped it with her own magic, swirling it around to view all sides before she took a lick. She shivered at the icy goodness, both with cold and pleasure, before diving in and taking a bite. She didn't really have to chew, as it almost instantly melted away in her mouth, leaving her tongue a bit pinker than usual, and a pleasant taste.

When Ice Storm mentioned staying in the park, however, she shifted uncomfortably, though tried not to show it. The ground was—well, it was dirty, and not something that she would relish lying or sitting on. And it wouldn't be comfortable, not for her at least. She did enjoy nature a lot, but more so the study of it rather than the full experience.

​”Well, of course, if it's something that troubles you, you should work to curb and control it. But don't do it for anypony but yourself.” she told Fire Heart. “You shouldn't let it bother you, in any case. Besides, you looked like you had great control while you were dancing.” The way the fire had swirled about the filly showed a mastership of the element, one that would only increase with practice and age.

“You're sure that it would still be open?” she queried, taking another bite of snow cone. “Wouldn't ponies rather study in the comfort of their own homes? Surely they wouldn't walk home in the dark.” Granted, there were street lamps, and Unicorns could use their magic to create light, but it just wasn't normal for ponies to be out after sunset. Then again, she'd just found two, so maybe it wasn't so surprising after all...

It appeared that Luna was very much satisfied with the snow cone that Ice had made for her. It made Ice Storm extremely happy that she was able to introduce the princess to such a wonderful treat an even more so that she seemed to in enjoy it so. She also heard fire mention that her element was mostly emotionally controlled, which isn't either a good thing or a bad thing, but it could be given the situation. She heard Luna address it though telling fir that she seemed to be in perfect control of her magic while she was dancing. "I have to agree, that looked simply wonderful!. You know what, I think with both of our talents combined we would be able to put on quite a show for everypony. Even with our two elements being completely opposites who knows, they might also compliment each other rather well to!" she added with a smile. there was a lot that could be done with both elements. Fire was great for illuminating things and if Ice could create different cuts of ice to reflect different colors of the flame, then they could put on a dazzling light show for others at some point in the future, after a great deal of planning of course.

She then mentioned a place near the school called Happy Bean should still be open. that it was a coffee shop for the ponies who had classes and asked if her and Luna would like to go there. At first Ice wasn't sure if that was a good idea. She was still under the impression that most others still hated Luna, and whether or not that was actually the case, in all honesty didn't really matter. She would happily, and openly defend Luna and her honor if it came to it. "Sounds like a good place to me if, though is it new? I don't remember a shop like that when I lived here a few years ago, at least not around the park anyway," she asked. If there actually had been a shop that was open late, she probably would have spent less time outside than she actually had, but then again, she wasn't complaining. She wouldn't trade anything for all the nights that she spent under the stars, especially now. "Though Princess Luna, I have to ask, and you can answer when we get to the coffee shop, as I'm sure it's also a lengthy question, but what was your inspiration for most of the constellations? I constantly find myself awestruck by how many different ones that there are," she ask both curiously and complimenting in the same way.

Fire Heart was pleased that she was getting along with Ice Storm. It wasn't that the blue unicorn appeared mean or anything like that. She just didn't know how she would react to a pony with an opposing element or the fact that Fire declined the offer of her snow cone. Fire was also happy that she was getting along with Princess Luna too. It was a very unfamiliar territory for the red unicorn to converse with a pony of importance much less a princess of such great power and majesty.

Princess Luna offered some great advice about learning to control her magic for her and her alone. This was a very radical change in view for her. Ever since she was a filly in school she heard ponies tell her that she needed to control her magic because of how others would thing of her. This included her teachers and parents. In fact the main reason why she went to Princess Celestia's School for gifted Unicorns was due to the hopes of her parents that she would be able to learn from the professors about her magic and control it. But never did she ask herself if she wanted to control her magic for herself.

"You know, I never thought about it that way Princess Luna. i've always had other ponies telling me to control my magic out of what others would think, but never did I try to control it for me."

Both ponies mentioned how great her dancing was with Luna mentioning that she was well controlled when she did her fire dance.

"Thank you both for saying that. My mother is a dancer, so she taught me how to dance. You know, when I dance nothing else seems to matter. It's like the whole world around me dissolves away. I guess that's why I look like I'm in such control over my fire magic, because when I dance it's just me, my magic, and the song in my mind I dance to."

Ice storm offered a unique idea to put on a show with her using her ice making ability and her fire.

"Wow! That's a really neat idea! A fire and ice show. I'd love to do that!"

Luna seemed to be interested in the coffee shop that Fire knew about, although she was confused about why a shop would be open in the night and why a pony would choose to be there. Ice said she never saw a shop like that when she lived there.

"Well Ice, I'm not sure when you left Canterlot, but the shop has beed around for about a year or so. Not many ponies know about it except those going to the school. As far as why ponies choose to study there and not at home or in their dorms, Princess Luna, I don't think it's much of a study place as it does get kind of noisy there. It's more of a place where ponies can meet each other after classes are done. So are we ready to go to this place? It shouldn't be crowded now since it's late and it still will be open."

The trio started on their way for the coffee shop, but it seemed Princess Luna still needed some convincing. “But classes aren't taught after sunset. Ponies are too tired from being active all day. The night isn't a time for socializing.” Although she realized this was somewhat ironic, seeing as she was talking to two ponies right now.

“But you can't force magic.” she spoke directly to Fire Heart now. “It's something that comes from within, that you have to feel. Why do you think Unicorns feel tired after performing spells? It's the same principal as plowing a field or moving a cloud. You have to put some of your physical and mental strength into it. And for direct magic, a little bit of heart.” Luna smiled. Although sometimes magic actually works better when you don't focus on it.” she added.

”You know, fire might melt ice, but that doesn't mean it has to destroy it.” she said as they walked along. “It can be used to make sculptures and designs, just as Ice Storm does. I mean, it would definitely take some practice, but I see no reason the two elements—any two elements or talents, for that matter—can't somehow find a way to work together. One of the fundamentals of life in Equestria is Harmony, after all.”

[colour=#000080]Ice followed Princess Luna and Fire Heart while they walked to the shop that Fire had spoke of. She seemed to like the idea of possibly putting a show on at some point in the future, and added that the shop was relatively new. That it had only been there for just over a year. [/colour][colour=#0000ff]"Oh, that would be why I haven't heard of it. I left Canterlot a few years back due to some very negative relations with some others. I had to leave or risk snapping at somepony. The last thing I wanted was to get myself in trouble to the point where my first meeting with any princess would have led to disciplinary actions. Meeting and talking under the stars is definitely much more enjoyable,"[/colour][colour=#000080] she said pausing as Luna spoke to Fire, giving her wisdom on the arts of magic in general. Words that Ice to, took to heart.[/colour]

[colour=#000080]Ice's smiled turned to a frown quickly though when Fire Walker mentioned that her mother was dancer and that she taught her how to dance the way she did. She explained that it was because it was usually just her when she danced she had so much control over her fire and that everything else just kinda disappeared. Her frown didn't last very long though as she hardened herself and forced a small smile. [/colour][colour=#0000ff]"Well, your mother is definitely an excellent teacher. She must be very proud of you," [/colour][colour=#000080]she said as her smile started to turn genuine again turning to Luna. [/colour][colour=#0000ff]"What about you Princess? How has everything been for you?"[/colour][colour=#000080] she asked politely in a friendly manner.[/colour]

[colour=#FF0000]"Well it's true that ponies at the school are done with their studies in the afternoon Princess Luna, but some ponies like to study in the evening or just like to meet with other ponies at night to talk. I mean, not every pony goes right to sleep when the sun sets. I like to stay up some times to go to the cafe or just dance in the park like you saw me do or practice my magic. So to me the night is just lke the day."[/colour]

Fire Heart wondered why it was difficult convincing Luna that there were ponies and some stores open to cater to such ponies? After all she and Ice Storm were out now and Fire would not lie about a stor being open, especially not to a Princess.

Fire then listened to the sagely words of Princess Luna. It was a thousand years or more of knowledge and experience being directed towards her like a unicorn directs their magic with their horn. It's importance was clearly felt like a closely guarded secret being shared by a friend and Fire knew not to take the gravity of the Princess of the Night's words lightly.

[colour=#FF0000]"Thank you for that," [/colour]Fire finally said after absorbing the wisdom, [colour=#FF0000]"I think I was just trying to force control of my magic when it can't be forced. Fire can't be forced to behave a certain way as it's unpredictable, but maybe with focus like when I dance then I can have it work with me."[/colour]

Ice Storm mentioned at how nice Fire's dancing was and how her mother taught her.

[colour=#FF0000]"Thanks for that. Yeah, my mum is really special. Sshe was a great dancer before I was born. She used to dance on stage, I think ballet mostly. I heard once she was really popular. But when I was born she deicded to retire from the stage. I asked her why she didn't retunr, and she told me that her joy was raising me. She does still dance to keep her skills and she now teaches foals how to dance."[/colour]

Luna then mentioned the idea of using fire to sculpt ice and that the two could work together.

[colour=#FF0000]Oh I definitely think that I can work with Ice somehow. Ice sculpting is interesting, but I haven't tried sculpting anythng. Oh, and i do know about harmony, like the Elements of Harmony the I read in a book for a presentation."[/colour]

[colour=#000080]”Well, you probably wouldn't have met a princess... the guards mainly handle domestic disputes. My sister and I have... well, many more important duties than checking into a citizens kerfuffle. We generally deal with things on a more national level. That is, when there isn't some formal event being held or gathering where we are requested. Although I suppose since I'm still a little out of the relations loop, I have a lot more free time than Celestia. But I doubt I would spend it doing what the guards are already hired to take care of.” she smiled at the prospect.

“As for me though... well, I've been studying the lay of the land a lot on maps, and making trips to various cities and landmarks. A lot can change in a thousand years. Even Canterlot was only newly built after... I left.” she didn't like the memory, and bringing it up might just encourage questions. “Everything is different. But I suppose that's to be expected after so long.” she grew quiet for a moment.

“Although the night life is probably what I've been having the hardest time getting used to.” she replied to Fire Heart. “Parties, festivals, bars, or even just studies, like you say. Hard to believe that there are Cutie Marks now that relate entirely to the night sky or space. I find it rather nice to be... more appreciated, at least by some, but I guess I'll just have to get used to it.” Luna smiled.

“As for the Elements of Harmony, yes, that's exactly what I mean. Often the Elements lie dormant for hundreds or thousands of years. But they always come to Equestria's rescue when it's most needed. We retain peace with other countries because we prefer not to constantly be at war, and it allows for alliances and trade routes. Equestria was built on harmony, and life here couldn't exist without it.”

Then she frowned. “I'm sorry, I'm probably talking too much. It happens to me sometimes because—well, you know, because it does.” she rubbed a hoof along the back of her neck awkwardly.[/colour]

[colour=#000080]Ice nodded when the princess stated that if something like that were to have happened then she probably wouldn't have even met a princess, since it was the guards that usually dealt with issues like that. They normally only got involved with disputes if they were occurring on a national level. Which made sense. They were the rules and it would seem fitting that they would handle the more important disputes while the guards handled the minor ones, and no matter how angry Ice got, she didn't thing that she could ever be a threat on a national level. Maybe if I was about twenty feet taller and had wings, she thought to herself and giggled at the thought. [/colour]

[colour=#000080]She then heard Fire heart continue talking about her mother, and it once again made Ice feel a bit down on herself. This pony had everything that she never got. It was eye watering for her because she never experienced that kind of love from her parents at all.[/colour][colour=#0000ff] "You should like a very happy family. You should cherish that. You never know when something might take that away from you like they did me," [/colour][colour=#000080]she told her as Luna began talking about herself. That she had been studying a lot of maps trying to learn the layouts of the lands and making different visits to the other cities. That a lot could change in a thousand years and that a even Canterlot was newly built after she left.[/colour]

[colour=#000080]Then she started saying how the nightlife has been the hardest thing that she's had to get used to. That with all the studies, the clubs, and the bars, and even cutie marks related to the night sky went a long way to making her feel more appreciated. Ice wanted to go over and give the princess a hug and let her know that she's always been appreciated, but she wasn't sure how she would react to that. [/colour][colour=#0000ff]"Well, I can't speak for Everypony else Princess Luna, but you're never not appreciated, at least by me. You're evening sky has been my sanctuary ever since my own parents left me to the streets. It's honestly been the only thing that's kept me going. Every time I look up to the sky it reminds me of how you were able to pull through everything, and it gives me the strength to do so as well,"[/colour][colour=#000080] she admitted to the princess. [/colour][colour=#0000ff]"And believe me, if anypony is talk to much, it would be me. I'm just honored that your lending us your time,"[/colour][colour=#000080] she stated with a soft smile. [/colour]

Fire Heart listened to Luna speak about Ice's problems with her parents. The older filly felt bad that she was going on about her mother when it sounded like the blue unicorn's parents were not the most loving and kind to her.

[colour=#FF0000]"Thank you Ice. I definitely cherish my parents. I'm sorry if my talk about my mum had upset you."[/colour]

Fire then got lost in Luna explaining how she was researching the lay of the land, especially the cities. It must have been difficult to say the least of returning after a thousand years to find everything changed. She could barely imagine being gone for ten years, missing her parents, friends, and Canterlot dearly.

[colour=#FF0000]"Oh you don't have to apologize for speaking for speaking, Princess Luna. In fact I welcome hearing from you. I mean, when would I even get a chance to speak with you otherwise? It's a chance of a lifetime! I can only imagine how different thing must be from... before. I guess there were's many ponies staying up late at night back then. But there are many ponies out at night learning, wondering, exploring, and just having fun. And I would echo Ice's statement by saying that you should be appreciated. You paint the sky with stars every night and light the world with the moon. But it goes beyond even your powers and even you being a princess. Everypony, no matter who they are, should feel appreciated and loved by others whether it's a friend, family member, or even a special somepony. I know that I'm asking much when I say this, but would you want to be my friend?"[/colour]