[Carousel Boutique] Some dirty lyrics [closed]

Bramble Rose

scootaloo_mini.png

Watching Sweetie Belle start cleaning up the mess looked like a lot of fun, Scoot couldn't help but smile as she watched her friend manage to get some water of out the shop. After Sweetie came back inside Scoot decided it was her turn to give this a try. She grabbed a rag and folded it in half, although not nearly as neatly as Sweetie folded hers. As she set it gently on the floor near a puddle she had her eye on the door, clearly planning something that was probably dangerous. Once she felt that everything was lined up correctly she crouched down with her little front hooves on the towel and buzzed her wings. Using the extra speed from her wings she pushed a whole little wave of water right out the door. Of course she didn't really think about how to stop and tumbled right out the door into the walkway. It didn't seem to phase the foal at all, Scootaloo just stood up and wrung out the towel before coming inside. "How was that, Rarity?" Scootaloo said, obviously very proud of herself and that little trick that almost worked.

• 1 month later...

Rarity

"Simply marvelous, darling! You're both doing such wonderful jobs!" Rarity said, smiling as she used her magic to pull a few more brooms out from her cleaning closet. With practiced ease, she used the brooms to sweep most of the excess water from the floor and out the door all at once, already pulling buckets and mops from the closet.

"Sweetie, could you be a dear and go fill this bucket with water and soap from the bathroom? Please be careful not to use too much soap, and use hot water too! That will get the dirt right off the floor. Scootaloo, you take the other bucket and do the same." She said, floating two buckets over to the little fillies as she put the wet brooms outside, leaning them against the outside of the shop to dry in the sun.

"Remember, the bathroom is the 3rd door to the right, not second. That's my fabric room with the wobbly doorknob, and you know what happened last time you got trapped in there." She reminded her little sister, remembering the catastrophe Sweetie caused in that room trying to get out. It took her two whole days to re-roll and categorize all her fabrics in the right order again.

(hey bronies! Sorry it took me so long to post here - had to get the 'feel' for the RP. It's hard to jump in where another pony left off.)

Sweetie Belle watched happily as her big sister swept the floor, the brooms swishing along as if they were alive as they carried the water out, buckets floating along to either side. The bobbing motions of the brooms suggested a tune in her head, but she couldn't put words to it.

"I know which room is which!" Sweetie protested! "And it wasn't my fault!" Her voice wavered just a little bit. She still felt bad about that one, but she turned to go back to the hallway.

As she passed by the second door, she looked at it. "stupid wobbly doorknob," she said, thumping the door with her hoof. The bottom half of the door swung inwards, and the little foal let out a squeek as she half-stumbled into the storage room. She backed out quickly, and stood shaking in the middle of the hallway, looking around nervously as she held her breath, waiting for something to fall.

... ... ...

She let out her breath with a relieved sigh. woooooo... thank goodness. She went onto the third door, and headed inside.

This time, on coming back, she walked *very carefully*, watching where her hooves were setting down, with the suds slopping over the edge of the bucket and seeping down the side onto her back. She smiled proudly as she got back to the main room, without making any of a mess at all!

• 3 weeks later...

scootaloo_mini.png

Scootaloo stood by Rarity and waited for Sweetie belle to get back, she wasn't sure exactly what to do during the silence so the little foal just looked around the room. They sure did manage to make a mess, mannequins were knocked over and dresses were dirty. There were muddy hoof prints all over the place and out of the corner of her eye she caught a glimpse of a roll of Rarity's special gold silk with mud on it. The thought that she might have ruined some of that silk wasn't a pleasant one, she knew how Rarity got upset last time when Sweetie used it to make capes. Instead of saying anything about it, Scootaloo decided to just look the other way hoping Rarity had already seen it and wasn't mad.

After a minute or two, Sweetie Belle came back with the bucket and Scoot trotted carefully over to her friend. She looked back up at Rarity with a little grin. "Ok now what? do we scrub the mud off the floor next?" Scootaloo just wanted to double check with Rarity before doing ANYTHING so she that she couldn't accidentally make anything worse.

• 3 weeks later...

Sweetie Belle nodded eagerly to Scootaloo's suggestion. "Yeah, let's clean it up!" She set the bucket down, and scooped out the dripping scrub brush. "How's this work? You go ahead and scrub the floor, and I'll start picking up all the dress forms and clothes that fell down!"

At least this she knew she couldn't mess up - the cloth was already kinda dirty, and the dress forms, already a mess. What could possibly go wrong? She eagerly started rolling up the cloth. A little bit of scrubbing and it'd be fine, she was sure. She laid out the first roll, then the second next to it. The third roll, she perched atop the first two, to make a neat and tidy little pyramid. She turned back to the spilled fabric to roll up a fourth bit of fabric, and the little pyramid of fabric collapsed, sending one roll unravelling, tumbling across the floor and leaving a trail of fabric behind it to head over the muddy hoofprints and pop out the door into the dirt outside.

~Rarity~

Rarity's eyes widened as a roll of her brand-new imported oriental silk rolled across the muddy hoofprints on the floor, plopping right into a big pile of dirt outside the door.

Her eye twitched visibly, her ears quivering as she held in her shock.

"Scootaloo, Sweetie, dears. C-can you two give me a minute?" She said with as much sweetness as possible, it only coming out very strained. She swiftly turned on her hoof, trotting stiff-legged down the hallway to open the closest door and disappear inside, the door slamming shut behind her.

Now in the safety of her fabric room, she took a deep breath and stuffed her face into the nearest box of loose fabric.

She let out a long, agonized, and very unlady-like screech into the fabric, which muffled her yells just enough. Lifting her head back up as she took deep breaths to calm herself, she smoothed her mane which had gotten rumpled in the fabric box.

"Now, Rarity. The two are just...fillies. They don't know any better.... specially Sweetie. It's not her fault she appears to be the clumsiest filly on four hooves, who can't organize or help or do anything to save her life beyond being able to breathe!" She said to herself, her anger once again getting the best of her at the end of her sentence. Shaking her head, she closed her eyes and took a few more breaths to calm herself. As much as Sweetie agonized her, she was her little sister. And she loved her dearly. It was just... sometimes she pushed Rarity to her limits.

Now a bit more calm, Rarity turned to the door to head back out to where the fillies were. She put her hoof to the doorknob.... only for it to come off in her hoof. She stared at it for a second, before realizing... she had forgotten she had walked into her fabric room... with the wonky doorknob. Turns out that final door slam broke the door, and jammed it into the frame.

Rarity shoved against the door... no change. She used her magic to try and inch the door out of the frame... still no change. She gave an aggravated sigh.... today, was not a good day.

"SWEEEEETIEEEEE!"

scootaloo_mini.png

Scootaloo grabbed the scrub brush and started cleaning the floors, she got a few of the muddy hoof prints up but her scrubbing was kinda just spreading the mud around and getting it soapy. The little foal was doing her best and tried to keep her new soapy mud mess away from anything of Rarity's. Completely oblivious to what Sweetie Belle had just done, she looked up just in time to see Rarity's silk roll right out the door. "Oh! I'll get it!' Scootaloo yelled as she started to chase after the fabric.

Not watching out for where she scrubbed, Scoot slipped on some bubbles and fell on the silk. Nervous that Rarity would get mad at her she looked where the white mare had been standing to gauge her reaction.... but Rarity was gone. "Uh oh, where did your sis-" Before she could finish her sentence she heard a scream coming from down the hall. "Sweetie Belle we have to find out what happened to Rarity!" she said as she scampered down the hall trying to figure out what door the yell came from.

Sweetie Belle felt so proud - her sister was trusting her to clean up all by herself! That happened, sometimes, usually when Rarity had to go find something else to do that was frustrating. She'd hear some shout come from the far corner of the building, where Rarity was dealing with whatever it was that always seemed to get her so upset while Sweetie was cleaning up.

"Oh, no, it's fine," Sweetie assured Scootaloo. "She probably just had something upsetting to take care of. It happens a lot - some muffled scream while I'm cleaning up. But she always says it's nothing, I'm sure she's all right!" Sweetie looked over at the smeared floor. "After you scrub up the mud, you have to wipe it away, with the cloth! Always wipe in the same direction, too. Rarity tought me that." She trotted on out the door, to retrieve the roll from outside. She rolled it back up over the dirty, up the stairs, and back into the house. They'd have to wash it, of course, and hang it up to dry, but she'd finish rolling up all the rolls of dirtied fabric, first, so she could clean all of it at once.

Maybe stacking it wasn't the best idea, though ...

~Rarity~

Rarity sighed, her forehead resting on the door. She strained her ears to listen for the sound of little clopping hooves on the tiles... nothing.

She sighed yet again, her brain whirring to try and come up with a solution.... Sure, even if the fillies found her locked in there, it's not like they'd be able to get her OUT.... maybe she could get them to run off and get Twilight or somepony else... Applejack could always buck the door in... even though that would damage the varnish on the door it would be better than her trying to ungracefully squeeze out the tiny window in the storage room...

"This is SO unladylike." She said as she decided to give yelling another try. This time, she took some fabric and with her magic rolled it into a cone shape, the big end pointing towards the door.

"Sweetie, Scootaloo, dearies! Can you two be helpful little fillies AND COME HERE THIS INSTANT?!"

She roared into the cone, the fabric roll acting like a megaphone and forcing the sound out beyond the door. Quickly she whisked to the door, pressing her ear to the wood to listen for any sounds... and this time she heard at least one set of little hooves trotting down the hallway.

"Yes! Sweetie, Scootaloo, ANYPONY! I'm in the fabric room! Second one to the left!" She yelled at the door, grateful at least somepony heard her!

scootaloo_mini.png

Scootaloo barely got down the hall when Sweetie started talking to her, she didn't want to ignore her friend so she turned back around to listen to what she had to say. "Something... upsetting? but why would she call your name...? Scoot was confused, but Rarity wasn't her big sister so Sweetie must know best. "Oh, wipe up the mud, that makes more sense" she grabbed a clean cloth and started wiping up the wet muddy mess on the floor. Still unable to shake the feeling that something was wrong, Scootaloo kept listening carefully down the hall just in case there was more yelling.

Wiping up the mud after scrubbing it was going a lot better than just scrubbing it and Scootaloo was finally making some real progress on the floor. She had a little routine going with her scrub brush in one hoof and the cloth in the other. Just when it seemed like everything was going fine, Rarity yelled again and this time Scootaloo took off and didn't wait for Sweetie Belle to say something. "See I told you something was wrong, now she's yelling for help!" She slipped over the spot she was cleaning but got right up and headed down the hall trying to find where Rarity was yelling from.

Rarity's calls for help were still a bit muffled even with the megaphone so it was hard to hear what room she said she was in. "Rarity I can't hear you, what room are you in?" Scoot yelled while going from door to door knocking.

Sweetie Belle followed carefully after Scootaloo, looking worried. Why would Rarity be calling for them? They were doing a good job! Or maybe there was something else Rarity wanted them to help with, too? She followed the noises as Scootaloo started knocking on doors, listening carefully. "Oh, no, not that one!" She said quickly, as Scootaloo reached up to knock on one door. "That's the one with the wonky doorknob! Big Sis told us to stay away from that door!"

She listened a little more carefully. It almost sounded like Rarity's voice was coming from that door. Oh! It must be a test! "Don't worry, Big Sis!" Sweetie Belle called back. "I remember you told us not to go in that room! We won't open that door!"

She smiled proudly. That surely would pass the test! She knew how to listen to her big sister, and she wouldn't make the mistake of going into that room with the wonky doorknob again!

• 3 weeks later...

~Rarity~

"Sweetie Belle, you turn around and help me THIS INSTANT!" Rarity yelled out shrilly at the door after hearing her little sister say something that sounded like not letting her down... That little filly. Honestly.

Rarity sighed, leaning right up against the door. "Scootaloo? You there too? Now darlings, I seem to be in a little bit of a predicament. Could you grab the door handle and try to open up the door from your side? The handle came off on this side and I'm locked in!"

She said sweetly, trying to encourage the foals to work together to help her out. If this doesn't work.... who knows what she'd have to do next. This is the worst..possible... thing... EVER!!

• 2 weeks later...

scootaloo_mini.png

Scootaloo nodded to Sweetie Belle as she said not to open the door, she'd heard the story about the wobbly door knob enough times to know that wasn't a room she wanted to go into. Rarity was being really confusing today... As soon as Scoot walked away from the door, Rarity started screaming at the two foals again. Her voice was definitely coming from behind the door with the wobbly knob, and she sounded really serious. "I don't think this is a test, Sweetie Belle".

After listening to Rarity, Scootaloo grabbed the door knob and pulled as hard as she could, trying to get the door open. Scoot was pulling with all of her might when all of a sudden she stumbled backwards and hit the floor with a dull thud. "owww" she grumbled... and then she realized that the door knob that she'd been pulling was now in her hoof instead of on the door. When she looked up at the door, all of the locking mechanisms for the door were still in place right behind where the door knob had been. "Oops...." The little foal said to her best friend, looking quite nervous now.

• 2 weeks later...

Sweetie Belle squeaked fearfully as the doorknob came off on their side, too. She moved up to the hole left behind, peeking through it to see the dark storage closet inside. "Oh my ... that looks serious." She raised her voice to call, "the doorknob is being wonky again, Rarity!" She pondered seriously, tapping her chin with her hoof, glowering at the door.

"Maybe if we use the soap to suds up the door, it'll slip free?" She ran to go get the bucket of soap suds, and came galloping back, her tiny little legs churning, the bucket bouncing on her back. She bounced the bucket up into the air and sent soapy water all over the clean white door.

The door promptly responded to the humidity by swelling up and sticking even more firmly in the door frame. The puddle of soapy water seeped under the stuck door into the storage room.

"Oh dear," said Sweetie Belle uncertainly. "That didn't work... " She rubbed at her chin again, thoughtfully.

• 2 weeks later...

~Rarity~

Rarity was leaned up right against the door, straining to hear what the little fillies were saying when she heard the splash, eeping as some of the liquid seeped under the door and got her newly-manicured hooves soaking wet.

Clamping her mouth shut and screwing her face up in an effort not to burst out in anger, she did a little trotting dance in the middle of the room, getting her frustration out. Panting daintily, she pulled out some out-of-fashion fabrics from a old box and laid it on the floor, mopping up the water so she could approach the door again.

"That was.... a good try girls. But unfortunately it didn't seem to work..." She said, noticing that now that the doorknob was off on both sides, she could see through the hole where they used to be. She leaned down, peeping through the circular hole.

"Hmm.... Girls! I have an idea. Maybe if you can find some rope somewhere.... You can put one end through here, I'll tie a big knot at this end so the rope doesn't get pulled through, and we can work together to get the door open! You both could pull on the rope, and I would push on the door, and together we both might be able to make it work!"

• 1 month later...

Scootaloo tripped over her hooves as she tried to scamper away from the flood of water that was spreading around the doorway. As the bucket that Sweetie Belle had been carrying rolled away, Scootaloo said "Um... Sweetie Belle I don't think that worked". The door swelled up and looked even more stuck and Scoot could have sworn she heard Rarity trying not to yell.

Scoot thought to herself about what else they could do to fix the door but before she got any good ideas, Rarity had one! Rope might work... but... Scootaloo had no idea where rope was at Rarity's house so she looked over at her friend "Do you know where the rope is? you can get the rope and I'll get a rag for the floor so we don't slip when she try to pull on the door!". Before Sweetie could answer, Scoot ran off to find a rag.

Sweetie Belle considered her options. What could she do? A rope, Rarity said? Where was a rope around here? And they weren't strong enough! Where could she get a rope?

"OH! Oh, Rarity!" Sweetie Belle squealed. "Oh, I know what to do! We can go get Applejack! She has rope! And she can buck the door! I can go get Applejack, right?!" Sweetie Belle bounced up and down, eagerly. There was no way that getting Applejack to help would go wrong, right?

• 5 weeks later...

Rarity listened closely to what the fillies were saying on the other side of the door. Scootaloo seemed to be going to find a rag. Sweetie's words were more surprising. Applejack? Sweetie was going to find Applejack and enlist her assistance? Evidently the child hadn't an idea where Rarity kept her own rope in the shop. Rarity wasn't so naïve to expect she'd be able to guide Sweetie to it by instruction alone either; Sweetie didn't take instruction well, as the preceding events had made abundantly clear. Given that, maybe Applejack really was the better solution?

The unicorn mare took a step back to contemplate this. Surely, Applejack would come and just want to buck the door straight in. That pony always seemed to favor the simpler of solutions to any given problem. Rarity would have a damaged door and possibly even a damaged wall depending on how much force that pony used. It would be quite the nuisance to repair and cut into her shop's profits for the month.

However, that said, it would at the least get Rarity out of this dreadful predicament. She was getting sick and tired of being trapped in this room with nopony to rely on but these two well-meaning yet inept fillies to assist her. So far Sweetie and Scootaloo had only made matters worse in their attempts to open the door. What was the risk in bringing somepony new into the picture then? Maybe it was a mistake, but if the alternative was remaining locked in that room indefinitely, Rarity was willing to take the risk.

"Alright, Sweetie..." Rarity said loudly but with a lingering hint of uncertainty. "That sounds just great... Go find Applejack-- or somepony else who can help-- at once!"

She decided to leave it a little open to "somepony else" in case Sweetie couldn't find Applejack. She could just imagine Sweetie Belle spending hours tracing back and forth through Ponyville looking for just that one pony while Rarity was forced to endure her imprisonment in that room. She was fairly confident Applejack wasn't the only pony that could help her out of this situation anyway. She just hoped Sweetie used her head and didn't bring somepony back with her who proved to be entirely useless.

scootaloo_mini.png

Scootaloo came scampering back up the stairs with a small pile of rags on her back. Once she got to the doorway she dropped them in a neat little pile on the floor; just in time to hear Rarity and Sweetie Belle talking about changing the plan. The little foal pouted "Awww but guys... I totally got the rags already." but when she heard the new plan it DID actually sound a lot better. Scoot paused for a second like she was lost in thought "Well, AJ probably WOULD be better at bucking the door down. almost like the whole thing was her idea.

Scoot looked over the door one more time like she was carefully inspecting it, she wanted to be able to tell Apple Jack exactly what was going on. Once she thought she could do that she looked through the keyhole and said "Ok Rarity we're gonna save you! We'll be back!" and tore back down the hallway to the first floor of the boutique.

Sweetie Belle followed after her friend Scootaloo excitedly. "Don't worry, Rarity! We'll save you for sure! What could go wrong?" she cried as her little legs churned swiftly. She followed Scootaloo out the door, and gave a faint worried whimper at seeing the scooter there. It was one thing to ride in the wagon behind the scooter - but Scootaloo always seemed to go faster and try to do more tricks when Sweetie was riding on the scooter behind her!

But Sweetie stiffened her resolve. This was for Rarity! She buckled on her helmet, hopped onto the scooter behind Scootaloo, and they were off! Her front hooves squeezed tightly to Scootaloo's flanks, carefully avoiding the buzzing little wings as she squeezed her eyes shut and just hung on for dear life.

ajbanner.png

Meanwhile, Applejack was busy selling apples at the marketplace. Several customers, most of them regulars, were getting their few days worth of apples. Business was just as busy as ever, and it perked Applejack's ears up with joy. "Thank you kindly, Medley. These red delicious are the best you've ever eaten, I promise you that!" Applejack shoveled the bits the mare paid into the chest behind the cart where she was standing. "Whoowee! Today's sales are sure goin' mighty fresh. I bet by day's end, I'll need Big Macintosh to help to carry this chest heapin' full o' money back to the farm." Applejack closed her chest temporarily and began pitching her sales again. "Fresh apples straight from the farm! Better hurry up, this may be the last chance to get your pink lady apples fresh until next year!"

Rarity hung her head as she heard Sweetie and Scootaloo's hoofsteps get quieter and quieter. She stepped back from the door and shook her head.

"Nothing to do but wait for them to return, I suppose," she muttered to herself. She nodded. Hopefully this didn't prove to be a mistake. With Sweetie and her friends involved, you could never expect things to go smoothly after all.

• 3 weeks later...

scootaloo_mini.png

As Scoot ran out the front door of the boutique she strapped on her helmet and checked to make sure that Sweetie was following her. Once she heard the familiar click of Sweetie's helmet locking and felt her friend hold on tight, she took off!. Little wings were buzzed loudly as the foals raced towards town in search of Applejack, or some other pony to help Rarity.

Since Sweetie hated stunts and cool tricks, Scootaloo had to resist the urge to jump off every vaguely ramp shaped thing in their path. Scoot did a few *little* tiny innocent tricks, but her friend still squeaked fearfully. "Sweetie! That was such a little jump, it was fiiiiiine!" she protested as they headed into town.

Applejack was surprisingly easy to find, right in the center of town! Scoot sped her scooter towards the cart and then jammed on the breaks, sending dust and dirt all over the place. The cloud of dirt hadn't even settled before Scootaloo jumped right into a giant, confusing, rambling story about what happened at the boutique. "Sweetie Belle and I were just playing and then there was mud everywhere, and the dresses got ruined... I tried to fix it and so did Sweetie! and now Rarity is stuck in the room with the wobbly doorknob. At first Sweetie thought it was just a trick but she's really totally stuck! I know because now the doorknob fell off when I tried to open it and so she's extra super stuck! You haaaaave to help us save her, Applejack!"

Scoot let out a big sigh at the end of her story and stared up at Applejack with big puppy eyes.

Sweetie Belle hung on desperately to Scootaloo, her little hooves squeezing on her friends' sides just under her wings, terrified she was going to fly off. She loved watching Scootaloo do these tricks, but it felt so much different when she was actually on the scooter, herself! Even while she was letting out squeaks and squeezing at Scootaloo, though, she had to admit it was awfully fun being scared in this way. And she *did* trust Scootaloo.

But they they found Applejack, and it was a mix of relief and regret that she hopped off of the scooter to follow after Scootaloo, who had already run on ahead. She pranced in place with her eager worry, her pink-and-purple mane bobbing around her, as Scootaloo presented their case, but couldn't help but need to add in her own plea. "Yes, please, Applejack! I know you and she are good friends now, since you had that sleepover, and like Scootaloo said, she needs you to help her come out of the closet! You'll help, won't you?"

ajbanner.png

Applejack didn't even see the orange filly approach her. All she saw was a sudden cloud of dust that immediately engulfed the orange mare and her apple cart in a light coat of dirt. Applejack coughed as the dusted cleared only to see Scootaloo pop out, seemingly out of nowhere. "What in tarnation!? What's the big idea!?" Applejack listened to Scootaloo's speedy and immediate ramble, followed by Sweetie Belle's additional squeaks about the fillies' entertaining story that apparently sounded like an extension of Rarity's good ol' fashioned drama.

Applejack stood still and silent for a few seconds before smiling and chuckling. "So wait. Let me git this straight. You guys accidentally locked Rarity in a closet, on account o' you guys messin' up one of her fancy getups?" Applejack let out a little sigh of relief. She was sort of worried that the disaster Scootaloo was describing was as bad as she had animated it to be. But from the sounds of the foal's voices, its seemed to be a minor inconvenience that Rarity could describe as a 'vanquishing of fabulosity'. "Let me guess, she's been stuck in there fer what, all of five minutes?" Applejack slapped the ground with her hoof as she laughed. She couldn't resist the fun of such a story. It was true what Sweetie Belle implied, Applejack had a mend with Rarity and loved her as a friend. But that would never keep Applejack from enjoying the hilarity of a situation like this.

Applejack changed her smile to a determined smirk. "Alright, tell ya what, I'll come and help you guys." Applejack looked back at her apple cart stand, which was now layered with a light coat of dust. "But first, y'all gotta help me clean all these apples off." Applejack tipped her hat up and a key fell down. She caught it with her mouth. She took the key to her money chest that was behind the apple cart, and locked it.

After the apple cart was secured and cleaned, Applejack reared. "Let's go!" Applejack took off towards the Carousel Boutique.

When she got inside the boutique, she could hear the slight whimpers of Rarity coming from the closet that she so handsomely become familiar with. "Hay, Rarity, you in there?"