[Carousel Boutique] Some dirty lyrics [closed]

Bramble Rose

Rarity waited for several minutes in the closet. At first it wasn't so bad, but her anxiety only built the longer it lasted. She truly did hope Sweetie and her friend didn't somehow get distracted. If she had to stay in this cramped room for hours she simply wouldn't be able to bear it! It was at those thoughts that she let out a loud whimper.

And it was shortly after that that a voice reached her ears. "Hay, Rarity, you in there?"

The voice, with it's thick accent was unmistakable. This was her dear friend Applejack. Rarity felt relieved. Relief soon gave way to embarrassment as her mind reminded her how terribly silly this whole incident was. For a good several moments, she wasn't sure how to answer her friend.

"Why yes, Applejack. If you will, please assist me in getting out of here," she started in a restrained, elegant way, trying not to sound the least bit frantic or desperate. She had already got trapped in her own home by her bumbling sister and her friend, she didn't want to embarrass herself any further if possible.

• 2 weeks later...

scootaloo_mini.png

Scootaloo nodded enthusiastically as Sweetie added more to their story, she hoped it would be enough to convince Applejack to come help them. When Applejack responded, Scootaloo nodded "Yeah! But she's been stuck in there for like uh... well... probably more like 15 minutes!".

Once Applejack finally said yes, Scootaloo jumped and yelled... but of course there was a but to her statement. "All of these apples, that will take foreeeeever" she whined as she cleaned the apples as quickly as she could.

Finally! All of the apples were clean and they were heading back to Rarity's shop. Scootaloo strapped on her helmet and hopped on her scooter. Once Sweetie belle was safely on the back, Scoot took off behind Applejack. It seemed like it was taking so much longer to get back to Carousel Boutique than it did to get to town.

Once they got near the front door, Scoot nearly tripped over her scooter because she was trying to get back in the door so quickly. She grabbed Sweetie by a hoof and raced back up the stairs to the closet.

Ok, they were upstairs in front of the closet! Then it hit Scoot that her and Sweetie couldn't actually do anything now. Scoot stepped out of the way and looked up at Applejack, waiting for her to do something awesome.

• 2 weeks later...

Sweetie Belle pranced in place with concern, glancing at all those dusty apples, then back over her shoulder towards the Carousel Boutique. She gave a whimper, and then set to with a rag, helping shine up the red apples as fast as she could. The big apples had a tendancy to slip from her little hooves, and maybe a couple got bruises on them, but she did as good and as fast of a job as she could!

She barely even gave a squeak as Scootaloo raced back to the Boutique along with Applejack, even letting out a worried little, "Faster, Scootaloo!" She clung tight to her friend's sides, lowering her head against the wind blowing in her eyes. She stumbled along after her friend, clung to her worriedly, hugging at Scootaloo and holding her breath as she watched and waited to see if Applejack could rescue her sister!

ajbanner.png

Applejack acknowledged Rarity's cry for help. "Steer clear of the door, Rarity. I'm gonna buck this door down!" The orange mare turned around and squared her back legs with the door. Applejack waited a few seconds for Rarity to clear, and then took a deep relaxing breathe. She smirked with determination. Noticing that Scootaloo and Sweetie Belle were just pensively waiting for what was about to happen, she knew that at least Scootaloo would enjoy this kind of action. With a large huff and puff full of effort, Applejack leaned forward on her two front legs and bolted her rear hooves into and through the well fabricated purple and white door. Applejack's legs split the door in half, causing pieces of wood to fly into the fabric room. Hopefully Rarity understood the meaning of steering clear.

Applejack.pngMadden.pngGranola_Gracie.pngArrow_Plain.pngMiracle.pngRemington.pngSugar_Rush-1.pngCoconut_Lime.png

"Alright, Applejack," Rarity said in a gentle voice as she braced herself.

She wasn't looking forward to seeing her door break in, but there were no other options. Hopefully it wouldn't be too bad. Yeah. Hopefully it would all just come crashing down in one solid piece. Some light labor from a local craftspony the next day would then see it fixed good as new. No big deal. Her door would be back up before she even knew it!

Firmly grasping onto this mindset, Rarity's anxiety was somewhat alleviated. She nodded and backed up. She eyed the door. She wasn't exactly sure how much room Applejack would need, but the length of the door plus a few additional paces would surely be enough.

That decided, she called out. "I'm ready when you are, darling!"

Before she knew it she could hear Applejack's hoofsteps. Then, without further warning, the hooves making those sounds flew right through the door. The thing didn't come down in one easy to fix piece like Rarity had convinced herself. No, on the contrary, Rarity's beautiful door split clean in half and splintered into several pieces.

As it were however, Rarity had little time to become angered or upset at this. A large chunk of splintered off door flew directly at her, connecting with the side of her head. Rarity collapsed to the ground with a thud, completely knocked out.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

2v0hj6w.jpg

Scootaloo was excited to see the door go down. All she had wanted in her day was a bit of fun, and it had been delayed long enough! The sooner this door was down, the sooner the fun would come! Besides, this was messy business, and it was quite obvious to Scootaloo how the door would go down...it would break into splinters, simple observation said that. For example, when Apple Bloom did Kung Fu, her kicks broke boards into pieces. Applejack had the strongest kick in Ponyville, obviously the door would snap!

At least Rarity is coming out of the closet, Scootaloo thought, basking in her own immaturity. Her little joke brought her great amusement, and she almost said something about it. But she realised that probably wasn't a good idea, and she didn't want to stress the situation more. As confusing and horribly girly Rarity was, she was Sweetie Belle's big sister. Sweetie Belle was Scootaloo's best friend, practically her sister. Therefore, by extension, Rarity was practically her sister. Scootaloo had never had a family, and decided not to ruin her chances at love and affection.

Scootaloo realized all too late that the others most likely didn’t realize that the door would break like it did, and perhaps she should have said something. But that was the past, and splinters flew across the room.

“Ouch!”

Scootaloo yelped, her leg lightly grazed and slightly cut by a flying shard of wood. She squirmed in discomfort, and almost sniffled before realizing that truly brave ponies never cried.

Rainbow Dash never cries, does she? Probably not.

Scootaloo thought, wondering how to care for her wounds. Then Scootaloo noticed something peculiar. Rarity was still in the closet. She hadn’t said a word. That was impossible, Rarity wouldn’t shut up usually, and she was wanting so badly to leave that closet. Scootaloo’s stomach churned in worry, and she disregarded her own wounds to go inspect the scene. She pushed Applejack and Sweetie Belle aside, running into the closet. She mindlessly tossed shards behind her, her little wings flapping aimlessly because of her nerves. She saw Rarity immediately, out like a lightbulb.

SOMEBODY GET THE FAINTING COUCH”

Scootaloo hollered behind her shoulder, attempting to drag Rarity out of the closet.

“SHE'S KNOCKED OUT!"

(anyone else reading this like one big metaphor? :D )

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Sweetie Belle's relief was swiftly replaced by an appalled horror. "Rarity!" she squeaked, and took Scootaloo's advice, her little hooves churning rapidly as she exited the scene. There was a scraping noise... more scraping noise... and yet more ... slowly, the fainting couch made its way back onto the scene, creeping its way into the hall as the little foal fought intently to get the heavy furniture through the doorway, but finally she managed, leaning against the side of it and panting.

"Applejack, could you," she panted, gesturing at Rarity, then at the fainting couch, then she was off again, to the kitchen this time, to raid the ice box for a bag-full of ice. She took the icepick in her mouth and stabbed it at the big block of ice. A tiny flake fell off, and a flat, unamused expression crossed over Sweetie's face. The flake floated, slowly, slowly, down from the ice flake and into the cloth Sweetie had prepared, melting instantly into a tiny wet spot.

Then she reared back and delivered a powerful blow. The ice pick bent under the weight, then straightened out suddenly, firing away from Sweetie Belle like a rocket, bouncing off one, two, three metal surfaces before shattering a vase of flowers and embedding itself into the wall opposite. Sweetie let out a frustrated "nnnnnngh!' and went to get the ice pick, then went back to work trying to get Rarity some ice.

• Like 1

ajbanner.png

With pieces of the door flying around, Applejack hadn't anticipated such a spring of debris. "Consarnit, Rarity, what's this door made out of it? Rarity?" Rarity was hit by a wooden splinter, and appeared out cold. Scootaloo also seemed to have a minor injury from the flying wood. And Sweetie Belle couldn't help but bust out a scold at Applejack. Applejack smiled innocently and wandered her eyes in defense. "Heh, heh, I guess I don't know my own strength."

As the quick foalish diagnosis was made that Rarity was completely out cold, Applejack was resistant to make such a needless precaution. After all, the farm had encountered several injuries. Even though Rarity wasn't the type of pony to 'rub dirt on it,' she knew that the young fillies would probably follow suit in Rarity's overdramitic display. "Um, are you sure she's out cold? Maybe she's just makin' a scene. But how do we know?"

Applejack looked around the room and thought real quick. In one end of the room, she spotted a lovely looking dress that seemed to be set up on a dress form for the purpose of showing off one of Rarity's recent accomplishment. Naturally, anything that would happen to such a dress was important to the pony who made it. Applejack ah-ha'd and spoke loudly so that anypony's subconscious in the area could hear it. "Oh geez, sorry Rarity, I got mud all over this new dress in the corner. I sure hope it doesn't stain!"

Applejack.pngMadden.pngGranola_Gracie.pngArrow_Plain.pngMiracle.pngRemington.pngSugar_Rush-1.pngCoconut_Lime.png

Rarity was unconscious. She had lost all cognizance. She didn't hear Scootaloo's shout. She didn't hear Sweetie Belle moving her favorite fainting couch. She didn't even hear as her well intentioned sister loudly and messily prepared for her some ice, inadvertently destroying one of Rarity's most beautiful vases in the process. She couldn't hear any of it. She couldn't hear anything. And yet, somehow still, a single phrase still managed to reach her, if considerably muffled.

"... sorry...mud...new dress...corner...stain!"

It was like a faint whisper that drifted into her unconscious mind and all at once ignited something within her. Rartiy shot up in place where she lie, compelled to right this crime against fabulosity and high fashion!

"NOOO! This... cannot be... " the concussed pony fumbled, barely lucid, not even able to accurately make out what was in front of her.

"My dress... the customer... I must...." she managed to say, as she looked instinctively toward the dress in question. She stood and tried to step toward it, but her control of her body was so poor that she stumbled almost instantly and fell back over. "Dressss..." she hissed desperately as her hooves reached off in its direction.

2v0hj6w.jpg

Scootaloo stood baffled as the scene before her unfolded. Sweetie Belle was running around in hysterics, Applejack seemed terribly unsure of her situation, and Rarity was wailing about something. While she couldn't make out Rarity's panicked words, and Celestia knew if she was only making a scene as always, she also felt remorseful about the mess they'd made so far. Rarity owned a professional dress shop, and she'd made a huge mess inside. It would take Rarity forever to clean, and Scootaloo would have to help. It was a real shame, she hated cleaning with a passion.

As she listened to Rarity hiss and moan, she prayed that the fancy pony didn't have a concussion. She didn't want to see what kind of mess THAT would cause. Scootaloo could practically see it. Rarity wearing a bandage for show, telling her friends all about her horrible experience. Pinkie Pie throwing her some kind of get-better party, Fluttershy getting SCARED of Scootaloo, and then Twilight Sparkle lecturing the metaphorical socks off of Scootaloo.

Then Scootaloo realised something of dire emergency. RARITY AND RAINBOW DASH WERE FRIENDS!! What if Rainbow didn't like her, or talk to her anymore?! She would literally drop dead! She would never fly, nay, SCOOTER again! What a horrible, twisted fate! Nopony in Ponyville was as cool as Rainbow- she was Scootaloo's hero! She ran the fanclub! What a disgrace she would be if she had to hand the ownership of the Rainbow Dash Fan Club over to Snips or Snails!

Scootaloo made a serious decision. It was time to change!

"Rarity? Did I do something? What are you trying to say? I want you to know, that I am going to clean your entire botique TOP TO BOTTOM! And you wont even have to work, I'll do it! Don't tell Rainbow Dash, Rarity! I'm so sorry!"

• 2 weeks later...

Sweetie Belle carefully stepped back into the hallway, a hoof towel wrapped around a large chunk of ice balanced on her head. She seemed a little damp, a band-aid was on one knee, and and little shavings of ice were liberally decorating her mane ... but she had made an ice pack!

She sighed in relief as she saw her goal in sight, and stepped forward more eagerly... a little chunk of ice slipped free from her mane, fell to the floor, where her hoof came down on it. She let out an *eeeek!*, and her other three hooves went up into the air as she slid down the hall, the ice-pack flying off of her head to fly through the air. It smashed into the wall, the carefully prepared giant chunk of ice smashing itself, inside the wrapped towel, to a mass of crushed ice, and Sweetie Belle slid off into the laundry room. There was a crash, and a jet of suds shot out of the door. "It's all right!" cried Sweetie Belle, "It's not dirty! It's the opposite of dirty, it's just a lot of soap!"

• 2 weeks later...

ajbanner.png

Applejack's shot to the sense to Rarity's ear didn't work as well as she thought it would. However, she did get a response. But the two little fillies were causing a ruckus fracas all around Rarity's shop, and it was obvious it could possibly keep Rarity in a coma forever if she discovered all of the messes. Applejack needed to help her friend, and she did this the best way she knew how. Applejack was an honest pony. But she would keep the truth from her friends for the sake of their sanity.

Applejack ran over to where Sweetie Belle had destroyed the laundry room with soap and covered the little unicorns mouth shut. She belted loudly. "Oh no, not at all. Laundry room looks great! Doesn't it Sweetie?" Applejack gave Sweetie Belle a smile with raised eyebrows. Releasing her hoof from her mouth, she gave a nod to command and agreement. She leaned to Sweetie Belle and said softly, "Dump all the water outside and make sure her dresses aren't stained. Here's a mop."

Applejack smiled and winked over at Scootaloo. Applejack looked over to one of the other rooms, which was a disaster clearly as Scootaloo has described it. Applejack looked back. "Heh, there's no mess here, Scootaloo." Applejack quietly stuck Scootaloo in the other room and hooved her a broom. She whispered, "Hurry up and clean before she notices."

Applejack went over to Rarity, gentle lifted her fragile frame, and carefully carried her to the nearest couch. She dropped her onto the couch. She spoke to Rarity, regardless of whether she looked attentive. Applejack knew Rarity was being mellow dramatic, and she knew her friend too well to think any other emergencies needed to take place, so she just started talking to her casually. "Man that was quite a bump you just had. I hope you didn't lose any of your memory. I'm sorry about the door, Rarity. I have a friend that rebuilt our barn a couple weeks ago who might be able to build you a new door. His name is Klondike. Would you like him to help? I bet I can convince him to do it for little or no cost." Applejack sat next to the couch Rarity. It was like Applejack was playing a shrink pony. "Would you like that? Would you mind telling me what you think about people who touch your property? Does it bother you?"

Rarity was still in something of a daze as Applejack moved her to the couch. While the deep, unconscious fear of presenting anything less than perfection to one of her customers had prompted a sudden return to semi-awareness, she could hardly be called very alert. Still, she was cognizant enough still to hear little pieces of information. Scootaloo's voice... something about cleaning the boutique? Cries and shrieks in Sweetie's tone and the sounds of things breaking? Rarity's unconscious sense of fear started to pang vibrantly again, even if Applejack's voice giving commands did give her some small reassurance.

Applejack started to talk to her, but Rarity could barely make any of it out at first. Her deep concern kept building, until it was drowning out even what she could hear. Suddenly, just from fear of what was being done to her surroundings, she sate upright, finally opening her eyes fully. Her head lulled a while, as she struggled to bring anything into focus.

"Oh, my... what happened?" she asked in a weary voice as she continued to sway. She lifted one of her forehooves to rub the bump on her head from where she had taken the blow. "I was... then the... MY DRESS!" she started finding some intensity, suddenly remembering her primary concern. She glanced toward the side of the room, where the dress lie, finding it just as she left it. "Ah, but I could have sworn..."

Rarity looked to her side to see Applejack there, tilting her head she nodded. "Oh, hello Applejack. When did you get here?"

About then, she noticed the fillies rummaging about and became suddenly concern. "Ah, girls... don't... uh.. please, try not to mess anything up!" she called, still not fully lucid.

fber10.jpg

Scootaloo didn't like cleaning. Not one bit. As Applejack handed her a broom and shoved her into another room to get cleaning, she felt quite frustrated that she was tolerating this kind of treatment. She didn't want to do ANYTHING. At all. She wanted to have a fun day with Sweetie Belle. But Rarity would shriek and panic if she saw the state of the house, probably screaming that of all the things that could happen this was THE. WORST. POSSIBLE. THING!

Scootaloo hated that rant, so she obediently swept the room up. And it sure was a mess! Scootaloo didn't have much experience with brooms, so she found herself spreading dust and dirt around more than anything. She watched as little swish-marks grew on the floor. Isn't that what it was supposed to do? Swish dust around?

But then the foal noticed that dust and dirt was getting everywhere, all over the surrounding supplies and clothing. Dirty fabrics, dusty measuring tapes. In fact, Scootaloo was seriously fighting the urge to squint and sneeze all over everything. She felt a bit panicked.

"Oh no..."

She muttered, trying to think of a solution in her head. She'd just made yet another mess. Perhaps it was time to get out of there, escape the dress shop and all of the horrors and hardships it was providing her. She immediately fought against that thought, knowing she couldn't leave Sweetie Belle behind to take the Rariventing that would happen if her precious dress shop was a mess. Sweetie Belle already had lots of problems dealing with her bossy older sister, Scootaloo would never burden her. Besides, Applejack would find her and get on her case; simply too honest to tell Rarity it was all Sweetie's fault.

Sweetie Belle narrowed her eyes and glared around the laundry room. Luckily, there were no dresses hanging up in here to have gotten splashed ... just ... everything else.

Well, fine. She could clean up this ... clean mess. It was just soap. But today had been even more dramatically catastrophic than usual! She needed to make sure there was absolutely no chance that anything more could go wrong. She had to stand firm... except not on a bar of soap. Or a sudsy floor. She had to be careful not to bump her mop into anything while she was mopping. She had to make sure not to knock anything over by backing into it. She had to look where each and every movement took her.

Oh dear. This sounded hard.

Still. All these suds were mainly on the floor, so first thing to do was keep there from being even more mess on the floor. She picked up, one by one, every single thing that could be picked up, and started lifting them onto higher surfaces, to make sure they weren't part of the mess. Soon, every table, every chair, everything higher than her shoulder was covered in stuff. It was all a little... drippy ... but it was out of the way!

There, now she could start to mop!

ajbanner.png

Seeing Rarity conscious put a bittersweet thought in Applejack's head. It was great to see Rarity responding, but her awareness of things would not fair well for the white unicorn, or anypony else in the room. "Oh, yeah, Rarity, I just walked in. You got a lot of pretty dresses in here, I bet you've been working mighty hard today." She noticed in her peripheral vision that Sweetie and Scootaloo were doing things in their rooms. Whatever these things were could have been anything, but the sound they were making sort of narrowed it down. Applejack also realized that Rarity was fully aware that the fillies were doing things in other rooms. "Oh! Don't worry about the girls, they're just playing house with a new doll house I got for Apple Bloom. Except Apple Bloom's not here. Nope. Um. She's grounded. Yup, she's grounded for, uh, making the apples trees, uh." Applejack was horrible at lying. She would never give up though. "Sick! Yeah, sick, cuz they weren't given the right kind of water, and they get sick when that happens. So Apple Bloom is sick. I MEAN GROUNDED!"

Applejack was digging herself a grave. She decided to switch gears. "Rarity, you look plumb tuckered out. Why don't we go to a different room..." Applejack looked around in hesitation, trying to find the cleanest room in the house. "The kitchen, yeah! Let me fix you up a nice snack, made with apple family hooves. That'll replenish your energy!" Applejack walked Rarity over to the kitchen. As Applejack looked in first, she saw ice shavings all over the floor, a smashed vase in a million pieces, and an ice pick, lying under two pick-sized holes in the wall. "Aw, ponyfeathers!" Applejack stopped Rarity before she could see it herself. "I- I mean, even Rainbow's ponyfeathers can't resist what I'm about to fix up for you. In fact, it's so special, that you gotta wear this blindfold while I make it for you!" Applejack grabbed a spare cloth, probably one that ripped from one of Rarity's dresses, and tied it around Rarity's head, blocking all of her vision. "Now just walk this way and..."

"Oh no..."

Applejack bursts towards Scootaloo's area. Obviously this was an emergency, otherwise, why would a cute responsible little filly cry 'oh no'? She also abandoned Rarity, just when they were walking towards the kitchen entrance. She knew that Rarity should at least be able to walk inside. "I'll be right back, Rarity. I gotta get, uh, mah supplies!"

Applejack walked into Scootaloo's room. The pegasus filly managed to get everything with a thin layer of dust on it. Applejack gave Scootaloo a look of disappointment, and then stuck her hoof in her mouth before she could sneeze. She then used her mouth to grab Scootaloo by the neck, almost like a mother would to a child. She carried her to the launrdy room where Sweetie Belle was to find that everything was on top of everything, dripping, and soapy. She dropped Scootaloo, and face hoofed. "No! No no no no no. Girls, outside!" Applejack walked outside the laundry room door to the back yard, and motioned the girls to follow her. She walked outside so that Rarity could not hear her. Applejack started talked with angry undertones. "Ok, look girls. We all know who made this mess. But this is not about who made the mess, it's about keepin' Rarity from losin her pony mind because two little fillies couldn't keep themselves outta trouble." She face-hoofed again, but arose with a more calming demeanor. "Now look. Ah know y'all are sorry. But if you really want to show Rarity that you're sorry, you need to help clean up the boutique. And Sweetie Belle. Ah know your sister would rather clean it up herself, but that's because she doesn't think you youngin's can do it yourselves. Ah think now's the time to prove to her that you can!" Applejack eyed the two fillies. She was trying to spark in them some determination. She knew they'd rather be playing around, but instead they had to clean. It was time to make them realize that work had to be done, and the best thing to do is have a good attitude about it. "So who's with me?" Applejack stuck her hoof out.

"Oh, yeah, Rarity, I just walked in. You got a lot of pretty dresses in here, I bet you've been working mighty hard today."

Rarity just smiled at her friends words, still reeling from her concussion, her lucidity comparable to AJ herself toward the end of that period where she had attempted to buck her entire orchard all on her own without sleeping. Her short term memory remained covered in some rather garishly big spots. When it came to what was happening in the Boutique at that moment, the white unicorn mare was cognizant of only so much.

"You know me, AJ... Always working my... my hardest... all for the c-customer..." Rarity said with some slowness, her head rolling about a little.

"Oh! Don't worry about the girls, they're just playing house with a new doll house I got for Apple Bloom. Except Apple Bloom's not here. Nope. Um. She's grounded. Yup, she's grounded for, uh, making the apples trees, uh. Sick! Yeah, sick, cuz they weren't given the right kind of water, and they get sick when that happens. So Apple Bloom is sick. I MEAN GROUNDED!"

Even in the best of condition, making sense of Applejack's words might have proven somewhat problematic. In her current state however, it was flat impossible. The concussed pony's interpretive faculties were simply put just not at their best.

"What? I didn't know Apple Bloom was a tree..." Rarity said with a confused look in her eyes. It quickly registered with her that this really made no sense. "Wait... That... I mean..." the mare started, but trailed off when she forgot what she was going to say.

"Rarity, you look plumb tuckered out. Why don't we go to a different room... The kitchen, yeah! Let me fix you up a nice snack, made with apple family hooves. That'll replenish your energy!"

Applejack continued to speak as she got Rarity up and lead her ahead toward the kitchen. Rarity just nodded cluelessly.

"I do feel... awful tired for some reason..." Rarity said, stumbling as she moved, finding it difficult to keep herself upright even with AJ's help. "And you really are a wonderful... ah..." she trailed off, having temporarily forgotten all the right words.

"Aw, ponyfeathers!"

AJ shouted out as they reached the kitchen. Rarity was alarmed and confused, not entirely sure what was happening to prompt such a thing.

"I- I mean, even Rainbow's ponyfeathers can't resist what I'm about to fix up for you. In fact, it's so special, that you gotta wear this blindfold while I make it for you!Now just walk this way and..."

Rarity nodded as AJ quickly kept speaking. She smiled. "Well, if Rainbow likes it, it must be good. She's hard to impress... but such a wonderful friend, don't you think?" Rarity said, nodding along as the pony suddenly blocked her vision. "I don't know about this blindfold though... does it really make it taste better? I've never heard of such things... but... but it is a whimsical thought..."

A muffled shout happened in the distance. Rarity barely registered it. Applejack seemed to notice though. She could feel it somehow. That's right, hadn't the children been playing? Something about a doll house and trees and water... Was something wrong with them? No, they were probably just having fun. if there was something to worry about, she was sure AJ would tell her.

"I'll be right back, Rarity. I gotta get, uh, mah supplies!"

"Okay, darling..." Rarity said, nodding. She then tilted her head. "But I have a full kitchen. I can't imagine much that you would..." Again, the pony trailed off after forgetting the point she was trying to make. It didnt' matter. AJ had left already anyway.

Rarity started to continue, still blindfolded, into the kitchen, "All right... I think I'll just try and--" That's as far as the stumbling, concussed unicorn got in her sentence. Her right hoof had somehow expertly pinpointed the location of a large, particularly slippery half-melted piece of ice on the floor. In her state, there was no stopping her. The pony slipped ahead and collided forcefully into her ice box. The crash sent her flying onto her back, her head soon meeting the kitchen tile. Having suffered her second head injury in only a short period of time, once more the fabulous unicorn found herself out cold.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

2v0hj6w.jpg

Scootaloo was tired, mentally and physically. She'd tried her best to clean, and she simply didn't know how. Where was she supposed to have gained her experience? She was never forced to clean, people always let her slack-off because she was a filly. So far the day had been incredibly stressful and tedious all at the same time, which Scootaloo had never even considered possible. It was all so...so....frustrating! No matter what she did, Scootaloo was wrong in her actions. With everything she did, Scootaloo lost a little more of her OWN pony sanity. No matter how selfish it sounded, Applejack's pep-talk didn't impact her in the slighest. Infact, she was considering just scootering home before she messed anything else up. Apple Bloom wouldn't dare hold it against her, and Scootaloo could care less about Applejack's opinions.

But something still nagged at her, a little voice inside her head saying that Rarity didn't deserve to deal with so much stress or such a mess. Nor did the Apples, and Scootaloo couldn't bear to see her friendship with Apple Bloom affected. It was times like these when the little orange mare took a step back and asked herself what would Rainbow Dash do?

The answer was incredibly simple. Shockingly so. Rainbow Dash would never abandon her friends, she was always there for them. And as Rainbow's #1 fan-filly it was Scootaloo's duty to stay cool! Even if that involved endless amounts of cleaning.

"Okay. Let's do this."

Scootaloo nodded and put her hoof up to Applejack's in agreement. She was ready to see this through!

Sweetie Belle was completely confused by Applejack's admonition. She *had* been cleaning up! She'd been cleaning up real good! She nodded and reached out her hoof to lay atop Applejack's and Scootaloo's, worried by the implied disappointment. She needed to get back to that wash room and finish cleaning up! "Don't you worry, Applejack! I'm so good at cleaning, Rarity sometimes gets upset that I cleaned up too much!"

As soon as Applejack let her, she took off full of energy, her little hooves stomping through the house to get to the wash room again. She took up a bunch of towels and started to lay them about the floor, soaking up all the water and soap that had kinda gotten all over the place ... then carefully scootched out a dry corner, and one-by-one started going through the boxes and buckets and drying them off individually, before putting them back where they were supposed to go.

Sweetie Belle was *really* good at cleaning up. Sure, it took her way longer than it took Rarity, and got a little messier in the meanwhile, but she always got it cleaned up in the end! She patiently went at the room, one bit of soaked supplies after another, then moved on to see what she could do about the kitchen ...

ajbanner.png

Applejack watched the foals burst with enthusiasm. For now, she just had to trust that they at least were trying. Applejack should be able to fill in the holes. Should. She walked back in to the kitchen, to find her friend Rarity on her back. She must have slipped on a piece of ice. "Heavens to Betsy! Rarity?" No response. Applejack grabbed Rarity's shoulders and hoisted her over her back, and carried her to the other side of the room, setting her down in a chair at the table in a comfortable sitting manner. Applejack peaked under Rarity's blindfold to see if she was out cold. Yup, out cold.

Time was now on Applejack's side. She couldn't lament about Rarity's second head injury. At this point, she just needed to things done. And that was an apple pony specialty. She started but picking up the large ice chunks on the ground and tossed them into the sink. She closed the doors to the ice box and put the ice pick away. Applejack couldn't believe that foals were even using such a dangerously sharp tool. Forget messes, somepony could have gotten hurt! Applejack then eyed the holes in the wall. Applejack was already filling holes, but now she was filling them literally. She didn't have time to call a contractor. She need a solution now. So, a little rearranging of the decorations would suffice, she figured. Rarity had plenty of paintings and pictures all over. She removed pictures off the wall and put them over the holes that the ice pick had made. Rarity would probably not see it as the same room anymore, but at least no blemishes were easily noticeable. Applejack finished by sweeping and moping the kitchen, looking over at Rarity to see if she had started responding at all.

• 4 weeks later...

((OOC: Oh, wow, totally sorry to leave this great thread sitting like this for so long, especially since all I have for it is a short post. It totally slipped my mind that I was the one up for this... :sleep: ))

Rarity was unconscious. Being unconscious, she didn't really feel as Applejack lifted her and carried her over to a chair. Being unconscious, she didn't see or hear Applejack cleaning up the ice on the floor or put away the stray ice pick. Being unconscious, she did not even notice Applejack rearranging her painstakingly arranged kitchen's paintings and decorations to hide the damage to her walls. She would of course notice this later, after the effects of her successive head injures had subsided; nothing could slip by a mare so acutely drawn to detail as Rarity-- and of course, when she did, she would be none to pleased by it. For now, however, the mare was unconscious.

As the two less than adept foals attempted to clean and AJ did her best to set the chaotic mess that Rarity's home had become right, inside her unconscious mind the inner Rarity screamed about the crimes and potential crimes against fabulosity happening around her. At that moment, however, it was going to take a little more of a trigger to reach her. It was going to take a little more to make her stir. Until then, she would just remain unconscious.

fber10.jpg

Things were starting to look nice again, really REALLY nice! Which was a relief, because Scootaloo couldn't wait to get out of that boutique. As much as she loved Sweetie Belle, she simply didn't feel comfortable surrounded by dresses, bows, and ribbons. Scootaloo was a filly of action, not fashion. And Rarity's middle name was fashion.

Soon the filly was plum out of ideas on what to clean. She didn't do much of it at home, she just got to play all the time anyways. She was no judge on what was considered fashionably clean, especially for a business. With a dumb-founded expression she sought Applejack's advice.

[colour=#cc0066]"Hey Applejack, what should I do now?"[/colour]

• 2 weeks later...

Sweetie Belle made it into the kitchen to find it mostly clean ... though stuff had been moved around. She smiled happily. [colour=#800080]"Oh, thank you, Applejack! You're doing a *great* job!"[/colour] her voice cracked in her excitement over the fact that she wouldn't have to clean up the mess she'd left in here.

Then she headed over to Rarity, and peered up at her in concern, even poked her a lil' with her small nose. [colour=#800080]"Is Rarity going to be OK?"[/colour] she asked, worriedly. [colour=#800080]"Shouldn't we take her to the hospital or something?"[/colour]

ajbanner.png

[colour=#ff6600]Applejack tilted her head as she stared at the fillies and thought. They had done a decent job it looked like. Of course, no to the attention detail that Applejack had with the kitchen. And even still, would Applejack's attention to detail be enough to convinced Rarity's attention to detail to not flip the pictures and find a hole in the wall. And there was the fact that best case scenario would let Rarity get her memory back. And then they'd have to just fix the whole place.[/colour]

[colour=#ff0000]"Nah, I don think Rarity needs a doctor er nuthin'. She just hit her head a few times."[/colour][colour=#ff6600] Applejack enjoyed the fillies' willingness to help. Even though she could see on Scootaloo's face the eagerness to get out and play. Work came first. Just like on the farm. But Applejack, realizing that what they needed to do was take a bit of extra time fixing the integrity of the building itself realized that Sweetie Belle might actually have opened a new door of opportunity. [/colour][colour=#ff0000]"Wait. The hospital! That's a great idear Sweetie Belle!"[/colour][colour=#ff6600] Applejack jabbed Sweetie Belle lightly on the shoulder just like she would Apple Bloom. [/colour][colour=#ff0000]"Tell ya what, you girls go call a taxi and you can take her to the doctor to git checked on. And while you are gone, I'll patch up all these massive gashes and holes in the walls." [/colour][colour=#ff6600] Applejack beamed a joyous smile as if nothing was really wrong.[/colour]

As the ponies around her murmured about what to do given the present situation, Rarity remained unaware. The inner Rarity continued to scream about the possibilities of leaving a pony like Applejack in charge of righting all of the wrongs committed against her fair Carouse Boutique, but she could not quite get the fashion-minded mare to stir. No, Rarity was not quite ready to stir or wake. She remained in her chair, completely removed from the conscious events around her.