[Sweet Apple Acres] The Apple Family Reunion [Locked/Ended]

Hippo

apple_cider_posting_banner_by_jaelachan-d535apx.png

Apple Cider lifted up the shoe with both of her fore-hooves and pushed it like a shot-put to the destination stake, which to her felt like it was miles away comparatively. The horseshoe flies through the air and rolls on the ground, leaning up against the pike that has been hammered into the ground. ( 8 - 1, Leaner )

Apple Cider nearly bounds in glory, nearly getting dirt in the folds of her dress. She's so excited by her mild success at throwing the heavy shoe that she grabs another one with both hooves and haphazardly chucks it towards the stake.. where it flies away and smashes into the trunk of a nearby apple tree, causing apples to fall from its bough. ( 2 - 17, Miss )

Her success followed by mild failure causes her to blush crimson, embarrassed that her success could blind her to the difficulty of the game she was just now learning to play. She slaps her hooves against her cheeks and rights herself, trying to forget the embarrassment so she can concentrate on defeating her adversary in a game of ponyshoes.. or was it horseshoes? "Who would wear such a filthy looking shoe anyway?" she can't help but think as she waits for Golden Delicious to throw his ponyshoes at the stake.

GrannySmith1WithText.png

Granny Smith quietly watched all the picnic activities from a distance. The elderly mare's heart was merry, watching the other ponies at the picnic meeting, greeting, helping themselves to food and playing together. She caught a glimpse of her brother, Uncle Apple Strudel, in the distance near the horseshoe pit.

"Betcha Strudel's gonna try to play horseshoes! Me and him ain't as young as we used to be, Hope he don't embarrass himself too much in front of the other ponies."

Slowly, the gray maned mare moved towards her favorite rocking chair beneath the shade of an apple tree. The lime green mare climbed into it and began to rock. She knew she was way too old and feeble to frolic around. This is why she had cooked and prepared her share of the picnic food overnight so it'd be ready for all the other ponies when they got there. Granny was a very proud pony, but she realized her own physical limitations,

Meanwhile, Uncle Apple Strudel patiently watched the horseshoe matches taking place in front of him.

"I KNOW I can still pitch horseshoes! You never get too old to play dee game!"

The gray bearded stallion continued to watch, but as he watched, he wondered about Red. He really seemed to want to hear more tuba music! The elderly stallion pondered this while he looked on at the game in progress.

Edited by Mojo

• 2 weeks later...

ApplePiebanner2.png

Not wanting to let Braeburn down Apple Pie picked up the last horseshoe and with what felt like such beginners grace she spun around exactly three full turns and then launched the horseshoe from her mouth.

It landed around the post with a very distinct sound, it was in fact a ringer (20+18=38, Ringer) with a huge grin on her face all she could muster seemed to be an emotionless:

"Did I do good Braeburn?" She had already taken off her bonnet before picking up the horseshoe so her green mane was now let down but crimped all over the place from being held up in the bonnet for so long. It felt good to not only help out Braeburn but to also let her mane down for once. Surely this wouldn't be too much of a distraction or an issue to anypony around. She simply just stood there and looked at Braeburn not knowing what to do now as her mane blew in the wind just enough to spark a faint giggle from the small pony.

AppleBumpkin2withtextattmept2.png

Apple Bumpkin looked on in pure shock as she watched Braeburn score such good throws, soon followed by Apple Pie's AMAZING pitch, it was her turn again and it was time to lay it all on the line for her respect and for Tiny Apple Valley.

(18+12=30, 1.5in) She grabbed the horseshoe with as much grace and diligence that she could and tossed it up into the air with eyes closed and as it fell she opened them just in time to dramatically buck the horseshoe it landed just a mear one and a half inches away from the post and just sat there. With a determined look on her face she was not about to lose to Braeburn, not for any reason.

She took the last of her chances into her mouth and forgot all about the world for a moment and just focused on the single post in front of her and getting the horseshoe around it.

(10+8=18, Miss) Bumpkin must have zoned out too much since when she came back to the horseshoe was no longer in her mouth, it was way up in a tree a few feet behind the post, even if it fell it wouldn't be even close to the sand pit that the post was resting in. Sadly Bumpkin had just lost, she had thrown all of her chances out of the window and was beaten by Braeburn, she was never going to hear the end of it...ever...

"Wow, that was a good game Braeburn!" Was all she could say even though the feeling of dread knowing that she lost to Braeburn crept across her back and turned her smile to a frown and quickly changed her whole demeanor.

Braeburn watched as his little Apple Pie grabbed the horseshoe with her mouth. His stomach roiled nervously. Part of it was that he loved winning ... but that wasn't strong enough to keep him from giving little Pie a chance to try and perhaps love the game. What had him more nervous was what would happen if she did a bad job. It was hard enough to get her to try anything ... no matter what, he had to put aside his competitiveness and be fully supportive, no matter how bad her throw was about to be. He closed his eyes as she spun around, unable to look. Would it break one of the barn windows? Land in the food? Oh horsefeathers… It can’t hit a family member in the head could it?

Braebrun’s eyes opened in shock when he heard the resonating musical clang, his mouth agape as he couldn’t at first believe what he saw. She got herself a ringer! A ringer! He looked down at his little cousin and reared back with a large goofy smile. “Yeeeeeeehaaaaaaw!!! That was amazin’ Apple Pie!!! Yer a natural! That's mah good luck charm, yessir!” He scooped her up and gave her a big hug, then tossed her into the air to land on his back. "Give a wave, lil' cuz!"

He quieted down as Apple Bumpkin gave her own set of tosses, neat enough holding his breath. He leaned forward, leaned forward a little more, his rear hooves coming up off the ground, as he waited for the result... and... and ...

"YEEEEHAW!" he cheered, and gave a little hop to make Apple Pie pop up into the air and land on his back again. "Yer th' champion, lil' cuz! Ye beat yer big cuz fair an' proper! She was good, but not good enough t'beat good ol' AAAAAAAAPLELOOSA!" He grinned and turned to Apple Bumpkin, giddy for the post-game razzing, but instead of responding in kind, Apple Bumpkin seemed all sad and worried. Braeburn blinked... that's no fair! It's no fun bragging if the other ponies weren't playing along, and Apple Bumpkin had done a good job! How could you feel sad of a game where you'd tossed several ringers? He tossed a foreleg over Apple Bumpkin's shoulder.

"Now comon, Cuz! Yer not gettin' into th' spirit of things! Now, repeat after me!" He took her cheeks in his hooves and made her mouth open and close goofily as he took on a falsetto. "Ye won this time, handsome cousin Braeburn! But even as charmin' as y'all are, ah'll win next time! "

He dropped back, grinning, and hoping she'd pick up the hint. "And now it's time fer Great Uncle Strudel t'have his turn!"

((OOC - Yeah, he is being over the top but it is Braeburn after all :P ))

PinkLadyBanner.jpg

A playful smirk crossed Ladys face as she raised a hoof and gently ruffled AppleBloom’s mane “Yes you are VERY lucky that is very unlady like to sincerely bet on sporting events” She assured her, plucking a cookie off the table and offered it to AppleBloom “We’ll just call that luck hn?” A soft chuckle escaped her lips as Braeburn started going over the top with his joy and his cheers “Braeburn you big lug come here darling and let me hug you!” Lady called out waving to get his attention, he really was one of her favorites! So bright and energetic, he was like a tall glass of lemonade with just a hint of Apple Cider mixed in for a little kick! He really was one of the spunkiest fun members of the Apple Family!

The game of Horseshoes was interesting but Lady wasn’t one for sports, especially not horse shoes! Watching however was perfectly fine “After this I do propose we all sit down and eat and maybe chat and catch up”

RedDelicious.jpg

Red pouted as his grandpa's yodeling got stopped before he could even begin! Ah well "You should yodel later! We teach all of the little ones how to yah!?" He could just imagine how their parents would rejoice to the sound of their little ones yodelin their hearts out! Leaving Strudel to his game he decided to go check on Granny Smith “Hallo Granny! How are you?” He asked tilting his head slightly “Do you need any help? Can I get you anything?” He was rather fond of his Elders, he often felt like he got along with them far greater than he did the younger ponies whom seemed all caught up in their own affairs.

GrannySmith1WithText.png

Granny Smith smiled as Red approached her, asking if she needed any help.

"Sure do appreciate the offer, youngin, but I got it all under control," the elderly mare said with a smile as she gazed into the distance, "but here's comes somepony that might want yur help now."

Galloping from over the hill towards Red Delicious was his Grandpa, Apple Strudel.

"VAIT MEIN GRANDSON!" the bearded stallion shouted as he galloped up to him. "How could I go off und play horseshoes vhen vee could spend so much time together instead? I am sorry, mein grandson, I vasn't tinking. Vhat vould YOU like to do? Name it und I vill do it vith you!"

Mac looks at AJ a moment with a slightly cocked expression with the apple still shoved in his muzzle, not really sure just how to answer her little query - it was true he wasn't always one for mingling with the larger crowds, family or not, so it had just become something he'd gotten far more used to than he should have.

Sure, deep down he knew it was a silly idea for him to remain aloof from everypony here when he wasn't doing anything - they were all family and all, and the one thing Mac loved was having family around...but for some inexplicable reason, he simply fell into his normally quiet background position if there wasn't any immediate need for him to get involved. He just wasn't one to put himself out there quite in the manner his sister did, and that was usually where the pair differed - whilst Mac was more laid back and rolled with things more, his sister forged her own way, blazed trails and made things happen.

" Ah'm jus' relaxin', AJ... " was about all he could do to justify himself as he managed to eat the apple whole...a rather impressive feat for any pony, but one that generally came to both him and his sister easily. " Ah know you're right...ah'm just more comfortable watchin' from back here, s'all. "

The red stallion nodded slightly at his sister for a moment - he had no problem really joining in, he just wasn't the type to throw himself out there if everypony else was already busy doing so. Perhaps it would be a good plan to follow through with that round of horseshoes once the current group were done!

AppleBloomATTEMPT3final.png

Apple Bloom liked to fancy herself a classy loser, a pony not given over to extreme displays of displeasure when bettered by somepony else. It was the right thing to do and she was the rightest pony of all the right ponies. That was why getting that out by Pink lady in regards to the bet was a wonderful relief, for she was a filly with big dreams for her small funds and paying up due to Bumpkin's inability to pull through. Maybe Braeburn was an unstoppable force of horseshoe power and she had witnessed the eternal victory due such a master. More likely he had been lucky, or at least that was how Apple Bloom excused Bumpkin's defeat. Still, relieved greatly to not have that ten bits owed to Pink Lady, Apple Bloom gave a nervous chuckle.

"Ha, yeah, err, not lady-like at all. Nope, no bets from me!" Apple Bloom nervously crept away as she witnessed Braeburn treating Bumpkin like a hoof puppet, which was all sorts of funny seeing her face getting twisted every which way. It was comical to be sure and she couldn't fault anypony for thinking that she really was speaking such overly kind words, what with Braeburn's falsetto voice impression shrieking across the orchard so well. It sure as heck didn't get any quieter as Apple Bloom sneaked away and soon found herself near the food, eying up the sheer vertical wall of apple products. None of them were strange to an apple with such Apple-refined tasts as Apple Bloom, but that didn't stop her from eating each and every item with her eyes. Her mouth was sure to follow as she started hoofing through them to find that one item that would settle the growing growl in her stomach

ajbanner.png

Applejack leaned on her brother, despite his relaxed personality. "Okay, brother. Just as long as you know that you're just as much family as the rest of us!" Applejack smiled wide, showing Big Mac every inch of the outsides of her teeth, as she gestured to him the assurance that he could express himself in the way that he wished. But Applejack wouldn't let that keep her from asking him more questions. "Hay, where did Golden Delicious go?" Applejack had seen that the science pony of the apply family had suddenly left the game he hadn't even started, leaving Apple Cider all by her lonesome self to pitch horseshoes. And she didn't really know what she was doing, Applejack bested. "Big Mac, I'm gonna go on over and play some horseshoes. Ya root fer me?"

Applejack ran down the small hill that leveled out to where the horseshoe pitching ranges were. She got to the pair of stakes just in time to see Apple Cider throw her first. She reared. "Yeehaw! A leaner! Not bad for a first try. Try again." Cider pitched another horseshoe, this one landing fairly away from the stake. Applejack stepped in place of Cider, shoving her a little to the side playfully. "Aw, don't worry, Cider, that was a powerful first turn. Let me see if I can do better. It's been a whole two days since I picked up a tossin' horseshoe."

Applejack picked up her favorite pair of gaming shoes, both of them orange, and marked with several scrapes and scars that indicated much use. She threw the first one. (19-15=34:ringer) A ringer. Applejack nearly busted a cheer for herself, but refrained, as she was afraid it would be gloating. She casually threw the second one, with a smile on her face that she could not hide. (17-13=30:1.5in) Almost a ringer. Applejack leaned towards the throw and then scuffed the ground when she found that it was close, but not a ringer. "Ok. So you got a single and I got a ringer and a single, that means I score three points."

Applejack walked to the other side of the range, picking up Cider's shoes first, hoofing them to her, and then picked up her own. They were not facing the other end of the range, towards the second stake. "Mah turn again." She looked at Cider and affirmed her. "Don't worry, Cider, you'll score some points. I've been known to miss the mark on more than one occasion." Applejack threw her first shoe on her second turn. (5+20=25:miss) She missed, and her face fell slightly. She threw her second, (6+18=24:miss) and missed again. Applejack turned to Cider and told her so. "See?" She kicked one of her opponents horseshoes towards her. "You're turn, pretty. Remember, you start the next round, so you'll throw the next four shoes."

Scores:

Braeburn/Apple Pie 5, Apple Bumpkin 4

Apple Cider 0, Applejack 3

https://docs.google....d4bElqU2c#gid=0

https://docs.google....wRhY/edit?pli=1

ApplePiebanner2.png

Not knowing what was really going on Apple Pie simply stood on her hind hooves and let out an unenthusiastic:

"Woo..." She then took a deep breath and trotted her way over to Apple Bumpkin where she politely bowed and talked in her shy and slow manner.

"I am sorry that Braeburn failed to impose onto you the more proper acknowledgement of victory. I am sorry for your untimely loss, it was a good game regardless and I am sure that the statistics were against us in the end and even in the begining since Braeburn counts as a handicap of three points since his skill at Horseshoes is bar-none." She nodded her head a few times feeling that she had to the fullest extent explained herself where as Braeburn was too busy celebrating to congratulate Bumpkin on a good game.

She then turned to Braeburn who seemed to be already preparing for another game of Horseshoes, on this note Apple Pie took the chance to move close to Braeburn and whisper in his ear.

"I....I'm going to go talk to Apple Bloom or so I hope." With that she sat down right next to Braeburn giving the most cute expression that she could.

With a strange look Apple Bumpkin took in everything that Apple Pie said and simply nodded her head as she had no idea what the pony really had just said, but darn did it sound smart.

"Well thank ya fer the game then Braeburn!" Apple Bumpkin flipped her mane out of her face and grinned largely as she looked about trying to think of what she could do to hide her failure at horseshoes.

" 'Ah wonder if'n any of tha food is ready fer eatin." Bumpkin giggled to herself as she started to slowly trot her way over to the pick nick tables.

"Losing is aight but 'Ah just think that mah game was off an all." She giggled again as she sat on the bench and just let her head rest on the table and then let out a soft sigh as she just looked at the food.

Wow, 'Ah really am lettin this get ta me aint 'Ah. 'Ah just gotta find tha bright side! She thought to herself as she just rested her head then started to grin.

Braeburn was a little concern that his "horseplay" after his victory would annoy his cousin Bumpkin, but she took it well, perhaps it was little Apple Pie's more humble approach even if did sounds a bit too much like Fancy to him. Still all was well, Braeburn didn't even mind that uncle Strudel focused on Red Delicious and appeared to forget about going head to head, Delicious was his grandson after all, and there were plenty of other competitive Apples for Braeburn to beat for the honor of Appleoosa! He was sure he could rustle Applejack into a wagering game, heck maybe he could even talk Big Mac into one!

Braeburn turned to Apple Pie who was giving him "the look" little foals are apt to do when they want something. "Ah reckon that'd be a swell idea! Lil' Abby is looking a lot lonely over thar by herself, ah'm sure she'd love the company! At least y'all kin keep her from eaten' all the food." Braebrun winked. For him, it seemed like a golden opportunity for Apple Pie - perhaps Applebloom could help her get out of her shell more, being as high spirited as she was.

Braeburn looked over as Applejack started tossing some horseshoes in her own game when he spotted a yellow pony with a pink mane calling out to him. It was Pink lady, one of his relatives that he didn't know all that well.. Yet, but this did seem like the perfect opening and what better than an Appleoosian style greeting! Braebrun trotted over to his cousin, picked her up with his forehooves and swung her around before placing her back on all four of her hooves and giving a big ol' hug, "Greetings from AAAAAAPPLELOOSA cousin Lady! How have y'all been and what tasty apple treats did y'all bring to this fine event?!"

PinkLadyBanner.jpg

Lady instantly regretted calling Braeburn over as she got hoisted in the air and swung around, but knew it was in light hearted fun and giggled a little bit as she got put back down on the solid ground, throwing her hooves around her loud country cousin "Well sakes alive Braeburn if that aint a proper greeting I aint quite sure what is darling!" She exclaimed and pulled out of the hug, tilting her head as he asked her what she'd brought to eat.

"Oh I brought quite a bounty, I brought several of my dried apple slices, a dried apple pie, some Apple preserves, my famous Apple Cider Cookies annnnd" She tried to remember tapping a hoof to her chin "Hnn I think I brought some of my spicy applesauce as well..yes!" She felt the light bulb ding in her head pointing at one of the covered mason jars "It's right over there..."

RedDelicious.jpg

Red pouted lightly as Granny Smith dismissed him, but his expression quickly perked back up hearing his Grandpa's voice "Zere you are!" He exclaimed hugging him "Oh do not worry ! So many family members so little time jah?" He asked, though thought on what they could do for now "I know! Ve could teach ze little ones how to yodel!" he exclaimed, imagining the tears of joy streaming down AppleJacks face at the thought of AppleBloom yodeling her little heart out! It would be so glorious! "Or maybe ve could just relax" He chuckled" I brought some of mein crab apple tarts!"

"Crab apples tarts! Vonderba!" Apple Strudel shouted. "So you have already mastered dee fine art of baking vith apples, Red? I am so proud of you! I must sample dees tarts at vonce! Lead me to dem!"

"Oh Strudel," Granny Smith said with a giggle towards her younger brother. "You always did have a knack fer bakin' stuff! Red, do you know the story of how yur grandpa won his first bakin' contest? Betcha never told'm that one, did ya brother?"

"I don't tink I did, now dat you mention it, mein sister," the elderly bearded stallion said as he turned towards Red. "Vould you like to hear dat tale, mein grandson?"

apple_cider_posting_banner_by_jaelachan-d535apx.png

Apple Cider fetched the horseshoes and rolled away part of her dress so it wouldn't get dirty when she hurled her horseshoes.. Fortunately for everypony the first throw didn't hit anyone.. but unfortunately, the mailbox was open and the wild pitch landed inside the box hard enough for the door to jar itself closed and the flag to come up. ( 7+14, Miss. ) "Oh.. my.. I do seem to need quite a bit of practice at this.. I'm still getting used to the weight of these heavy shoes." she said, quite sure at this point that the shoes were used as weights for some form of manual labor.

Her second pitch was much more successful than her first, it sailed through the air in somewhat slow motion, spinning on its access as it slammed into the pike, spinning around it until it fell lazily around the stake and into the dirt. Apple Cider couldn't help but holler when the shoe sailed straight towards the stake. "I did it!" She said with a rousing cheer, taking another bite of the cookie she had in her hoof. ( 19+15, Ringer ) The third pitch flew at a strange angle and rolled along the ground ( 14 + 16, 1.5 inch ) and dropped before it could make its way to the stake. "Ooooh... So close..."

Her last pitch gets closer, but still lies an inch away from the stake after it finishes rolling. ( 9 + 3, 1 inch ) "Oh well. I think I'm getting used to the weight but I'm nowhere near as good as him." she says, motioning over to Braeburn.

Braeburn smiled broadly, "Well, pardner, ah reckon there's no getting like an AAAAAAPPLELOOSIAN greeting! We back west do our best to make anypony and everypony feel as welcome as we can! That goes double for all my relations!" The goldenrod stallion proceeded to take off his Stetson and hold it to his chest with his forehoof as he gave a more subdued smile, "greetings cousin Pink Lady, it's a pleasure to meet you". He placed his hat back on, "Ah reckon it be best to greet you the citypony way, too".

Braeburn walked over towards the table some to look at the various foods that Pink Lady had brought with her, curious to try. "Y'all sure have a nice spread here! Are making apple products your personal specialty?" Braeburn didn't really know this cousin all that well, but he figured asking about what they did was a great way to break the ice. Besides, if it had to do with apples, it had to be good!

Of course, Braeburn was still in a competitive mood, and he looked back at Applejack showing Apple Cider the ropes of horseshoes. It boggled his mind that there were ponies who weren't familiar with the game, to him, it was as common as ... well ... as apples! Certainly everypony knew what an apple was. "Reckon ah might get a game in with the winner? What do y'all think, Pink Lady?" Braeburn pondered for a moment and had an alternate idea, "or Ah could challenge Big Mac over there, he has been kinda hiding this entire time, gotta get him to open up some! After all, what fun would a reunion be if'n a pony is just holed up the whole time?"

ajbanner.png

Applejack watched as Apple Cider threw her graceful shoes towards the stake, or away from it. "Good job, Cider! You broke even with me, since I couldn't get anywhere near the stake." Apple Cider commented on how good Braeburn was at horseshoes. Applejack chuckled. "Who? That ol' cuz? Heh, heh. I can beat him easy!" Applejack tossed her first horseshoe (10+15=25; miss) and then another (9+18=27; 4.5in). Applejack blushed as she realized she wasn't fairing too well. "Hang on I can do this." She tossed her first horseshoe for the fourth round (1+7=8; leaner) and her second (17+1; miss). "Now what in Equestria is going on? I've never played this bad before. It's your turn again, Cider."

Scores:

Braeburn/Apple Pie 5, Apple Bumpkin 4

Apple Cider 4, Applejack 3

https://docs.google....d4bElqU2c#gid=0

https://docs.google....wRhY/edit?pli=1

(OOC: My bad for not proceeding with Apple Cinnamon, but I figured what to do with her now.)

Apple Cinamon watched as the ponies played horseshoes. She figured that the shoe had to either be a ringer, a leaner, or close to the peg. Otherwise it was a miss. Scoring was still a mystery, but she knew that she'd learn that eventually.

Looking at the other Apple Family, she felt a bit lost in how exactly she fit in with everypony. There was no doubt that she was an Apple, but she wondered where her branch on the sprawling family was located. Then she heard a pony say that he was from Appleoosa, or more exactly AAAAAPPLEOOSA as he said. Apple Cinnamon had seen him in town, but the two were like passing ships, missing each other.

"Well, howdy there," she said greeting the two ponies in her soft sweet tone, "Ah' hope ah'm' not botherin' you two with yer conversation. Ah' just heard that you sir were from mah hometown of Appleoosa, an' ah' wanted to come over an' meet you. Mah' name's Apple Cinnamon, but you can call me just Cinnamon as everypony else in Appleoosa does. An' what yer names you two?"

PinkLadyBanner.jpg

She giggled at the polite greeting after such a rowdy one! "Yes indeed they are" She said wiggling her flank with the three dried apple slices "So just help yourself to whatever yer heart desires Cousin Braeburn!" She glanced over at what was going on and chuckled" Personally? I think you should challenge Big Mac! He's being so reclusive and such it's very sad... but I know he's not one for large groups...but I reckon he'd be all for a little sport if challenged right properly!" It felt nice to finally have someone notice that lady was there! And then..Apple Cinnamon came over interrupting them.... Lady had never seen Cinnamon before.. Oh well no time like the present!

"Oh Hello there I'm Pink Lady" She said and smiled "I'm From Granny Smith's side of the family, My Mother was Happy Trail's daughter" She said glanced at Braeburn "That makes us Second Cousins I do think" She said scratching her chin "...I'm really not sure.. not like it matters family is family no matter how far their limb branches off" She snickered " Cinnamon I must admit this is the first time I'v ever seen you before"

RedDelicious.jpg

Red grinned "Yah! Just like Mein grandpa I have taken up the baking" He said moving to reach the table and snag one of the baked goods offering it to him before blinking and shook his head "Non! I'v never heard of this! I vould love to hear your story Grandpa! You tell the best ones!" He said excitedly moving to get comfortable very eager to listen. Red had always been close to his Grandfather even though they lived further away he took out as much time as possible to come see him, or have him come visit!

It was Red's goal to one day be as great a baker as his Grandpa and to learn all of his tricks! Most of his youthful days were the smell of flour and steamy apples.. it was a wonderful child hood and even now Red couldn't wait to one day also be a grandpa to hope that they had the same experiences that he did.

"I cannot vait to hear dis"

AppleBloomATTEMPT3final.png

Apple Bloom had made it to her would be feast utterly unabated and with little hesitation took to her task. The apple pies, caramel apples, fritters, plain old apples, zap apples and even the jam all slid into her stomach easily enough. She ate like she was a famished orphan. In all reality, she was an Apple filly and they were legendary for their hard work almost as much as they were their appetites. No one bothered to interrupt her in this task and after a few minutes, she had finished with the food and found herself stuffed. There was more than enough sugar to counter-act the added weight which plainly showed through an lowered belly, more than enough indeed. Apple Bloom started hopping back towards the collection of relatives who still seemed enamored with the horseshoe game, which seemed to have claimed her older sister in more ways than one!

She had lost her verve and interest when her chosen pony had come up short, and as such, found the current situation relatively untenable. Perhaps it was the momentary sugar rush talking, but she needed attention and she needed action and gosh darnit she was gonna have it! An idea slammed into her brain like a freight train that was full of equally good ideas, the entire shebang going every which way and leaving her swamped with confidence. She had the best idea since somepony decided to put horseshoes on colts so you could tell when they were sneaking behind you at recess to give you a noogie or throw a rock with a note or even just stand there and stammer in confusion.

"Hay everypony! Who wants'ta go an' see mah new clubhouse tha' Applejack built fo' me?!" She asked excitedly, face shooting out what amounted to rays of sunshine and joy other things that fillies in the middle of a sugar rush were wont to shoot off.

Braeburn lit up when he heard another pony here was living in his beloved Appleloosa. He was both ecstatic and a bit embarrassed; how could he not have realized he had another close relation in his own town? He squinted for a moment, attempting to recall any particular instance where he'd seen her, but he was just drawing a blank. "Mah name is Braeburn! It shore is sweet t' meet y'all, Miss Cinnamon! Ah never knew ah had another relation living in good ol' AAAAAAPPLELOOSA! Ah mean, other than sweet little Apple Pie over there." Braeburn gestured towards the two fillies hovering over the food and no doubt being mischievous and silly as little fillies were oft to do. At least, he hoped Apple Pie was having that much fun! He turned back to Apple Cinnamon, a bit curious, "So, what do y'all do in our fair town? Mahself, Ah own th' largest orchard just down the main trail from the main street of AAAAAAPPLELOOSA!"

Braeburn ran the family tree in his head. He remembered meeting Happy Trails back when he was a colt, the older brother of his own grandmother, the matriarch of the Apples, Granny Smith. Fortunately, most Apples were good with genealogy - a requirement for such a huge family. "Ah reckon y'all are right, Miss Lady, we are second cousins. Ah met your grandaddy a few times when Ah was just a wee youngin', back when Ah lived in the plains out near Fillydelphia. As ah recall, he loved t' play guitar and sing a lot. Pretty durn good at it too!" He wished that his own mother, Apple Brown Betty, could have made the reunion, but she had been pretty busy as of late. "Do y'all live here in Ponyville, Miss Lady?"

He wondered Applebloom's little clubhouse was anything like the ol' clubhouse Applejack used to have when she was a filly. He remembered quite a few pranks being played over there, during his foal years! "Apple Pie, y'all go ahead an' take a peek at Abby's new clubhouse, Ah reckon it'll be fun! Ah'll be along shortly, 'kay?" Hopefully that would encourage little Pie to get to know Abby better.

"Well it's mighty nice to meet you too," Apple Cinnamon said with a smile to Pink Lady. "Ah' can understand that you haven't seen me here before as this is actually mah first time at an Apple family reunion. It sure is a fun time thiough. Bein' from Appleoosa doesn't help things much either meetin' ponies from around here."

The earth pony then turned to Braeburn who introduced himself as the owner of the lagest orchard in her town. "Well ah' do apologize for not recognizin' you as an Apple family member. Ah' swear sometimes if mah tail wasn't attached ah'd forget it. I do think ah've been to yer farm a few times though when I was a filly before then later on movin to Appleoosa. Mah family owns an apple farm as well, just not as big as yours. Ah' guess it comes with the territory of bein' an Apple family member. As fer me, ah' was always interested in singin' an' playin' mah fiddle that farmin' which is how ah' got mah cutie mark here. Ah'd like to one day tour all of Equestria one day as a country singer."

She heard the conversation about relatives and geanology which made her wonder. "Say, ah' don't reckon that you know where mah family is on the Apple family tree. Mah family tried explainin' it to me once but even they seemed confused."

Apple Cider grabbed one of the horseshoes and hurled it overhand at the stake. It slammed into it and spun around with force before plopping down into the dirt, ( 20 + 13, Ringer ) to which Apple Cider jumped up in the air and clopped her hooves together. The motion got her caught in her long dress and she had to struggle to realign herself before she lost her balance.

"Wh-whoaaa." She said with concern as she nearly tumbled into the dirt, the horseshoe in her other hand was released before she was able to correct her balance, causing it to roll along the ground before thumping down near the steak. ( 18 + 13, 0.5 in ) Unable to correct her balance after the counterweight horseshoe was released from her hoof she tumbled to the ground in a cloud of dust, coughing liberally.

Uncle Apple Strudel took his grandson aside and began to tell the story as Granny Smith followed close behind.

"I vill tell you, mein grandson, dat it vas mein very first baking competition in vhat became Ponyville. Granny Smith vas already married und living avay from home, I vas only a foal but all of dee judges for dee contest kept ranting about dee great pies und cakes mein oldest sister vould bake! I know Granny is a great baker, und she's von a LOT of baking competitions, but it vas like I had to compete against her as vell as dee other pony bakers. I vas going to bake apple pie dat day, but den I decided to make a change. I remixed mein flour, grabbed some bee honey for glaze und then I baked mein very first, apple strudel! Dee judges had never zeen vone before, but vhen day tasted it, dere eyes lit up like shooting stars! Day avarded me dee First Prize! I vas so excited I vas dancing for joy! Den I felt a tingling sensation on mein flanks. Vhen I turned to look, VOV VEE! I had mein cutie mark! It zeems it vas mein destiny to bake apple strudel for dee masses!"

"That's right, Red," added Granny Smith, "your grandpa was duh youngest pony to ever win a blue ribbon fer bakin'! He was even younger than I was when I won my first one!"

ApplePiebanner2.png

She slowly trotted over and passed by her other family as she was dead set in actually being able to talk to somepony and not be scared. She looked on and spotted Apple Bloom.

Now is my chance, she doesn't seem to be too busy. Apple Pie noted to herself before moving in even closer to Apple Bloom.

"Oh, um, Hello." Was all she could muster at first.

"My name is Apple Pie, we are related." She was running on empty for the ideas that she could use as conversation pieces.

"We are roughly the same age and even more interestingly enough both of us haven't eaten yet. Would you care to join me for a small snack so we may begin having an intellectual conversation of young fillies?" She let her voice ride flat the whole time showing as little emotion as she possibly could before ending her question with the typical questioning tone. She knew that Apple Bloom would most likely say yes, but just to be safe she applied her cuteface and waited for Apple Blooms response.

Feeling much better now that she had gotten herself to calm down after the defeat by Braeburn she sat at the table and selflessly dove into all of the random Apple food products that lined the picnic tables.

"Oh wow, this'n here be mighty good!" She yelled out hoping to catch the confectioner of such delicious treats and congratulate them on making a fantastic item of food.

She let out a soft sigh before re positioning herself on the bench a bit and shaking her mane hoping to get the last of the knots out of it. There wasn't much for her to do other then to wait at this point, her game of horseshoes had finished and it seemed like everypony else was busy doing something so she felt it was her place to stay out of the way and just let things happen. Surely when somepony wasn't busy Apple Bumpkin would seize the chance to at least have some conversation with them. But at the very least this gave her a chance to daydream about a certain somepony.

Mac continued to quietly observe the family gathering from where he stood - everypony seemed to be quite deeply engaged in their conversations, and after applejack had suggested he get more involved before heading off to tend to...well, whatever she'd gone to do, he couldn't help but feel a little unsure as to just what he should do. Afterall, he wasn't strictly unsocial, he was just a pony who tended to steer a little towards keeping things on the quiet side...it wasn't that he didn't want to relax, he was just more of an observer than a participator at times.

Still, he couldn't help but hear his name being mentioned - his eyes flicker over to the source of the conversation {or at least the parts he'd heard}, noticing Braeburn and Pink Lady along with a few others, who seemed to have been discussing something openly for a little bit. He canters over to check out the scene - heck, he hadn't really talked to Braeburn for a little while anyway, and it seemed like now was the perfect chance for the apple cousins to catch up on things, considering it had been a fair time since their last real conversation!

" Mah ears were burnin' a l'il over there... " the red stallion says with a small chuckle as he approaches the group, a brief grin appearing on his muzzle as he looks to his cousin with a raised eyebrow. " An' ah have a feelin' that the source o'that is right around these parts! "