[Canterlot] Canterlot Royal Public Relations Open House (Open!)

Solaria

full.jpg

HighRoller trotted calmly into the ballroom, his usually unruly blue and gray mane pulled into a neat tail for the occasion. He swished his actual tail and looked around, taking in his surroundings, cocking his head as he sensed a strange aura of confusion and...perhaps fear from some of the room's inhabitants. No matter...it didn't seem like any of the various situations would benefit from his meddling.

The stallion walked over and poured himself a glass of punch, and then while levitating it with his dark blue magic made his way over to the busy princess.

"Hello, there. I'm HighRoller. I'm the proprietor of Silverhoof Games here in Canterlot." He smiled slightly and sipped his punch. "It's an honor to meet you, Princess," he said, moving his punch out of the way so that he didn't knock it unceremoniously out of the air with his courtly bow. "I must say I've been looking forward to this event for quite some time."

The well-spoken stallion remembered why he was there, and finally stepped back a bit. "I beg your forgiveness; I do tend to ramble at times. The real reason I'm here is that one of the companies whose miniatures I sell wanted me to ask a question on their behalf. They wanted to manufacture a line of figures based on our beloved princesses...Luna, Celestia, and of course yourself, along with some other ponies of interest, including your new husband. They've been making figures of the royal guards for some time, and they sell well, but many have been clamoring for a captain to add to their collection. They just wanted permission from the ponies involved before making figures in their likenesses."

He stepped aside. "If you could pass that message along to our rulers and get their official permission, I can send word back to my friends and they can start everything up."

[sorry for the long-windedness of this post. I tried my hardest to trim it back. xP]

A look of disbelief crossed Cadance's face as she listened to Timid's story. Guards wrongfully imprisoning a foal, in addition to kicking a dog? That couldn't be true, could it?

"You're kidding, right?" the princess inquired. "I really hope that's just something you're making up, or that those guards are no longer part of our patrols."

She never got her answer, as the colt apparently heard Jubilee warning about the imaginary changelings and hid in a potted plant. Apparently the pegasus's warning had reached most of the guests, as nearly all of them had looks of varying apprehension on their faces. Cadance had personally helped to banish the evil shape changers and had seen them fly far beyond Equestria's border, but still... they were a frightening thing to think about.

"Everypony!" she called, raising a hoof in the air. "It's alright, she's just had a bad fall! There aren't any changelings, nothing to worry about."

The princess knelt as Jubilee tearfully apologized for her confusion, bringing her face closer to that of the distraught pegasus.

"Jubilee," she said soothingly. "Why the tears? You've done nothing wrong, why would I want you to leave? After all, I think you woke up some of our more senior members," she added, smiling back at some of the elderly ponies behind the table who looked as though they'd seen ghosts. "Please don't worry about it, everypony is fine. Would you like some juice to help you calm down? It always helps me when I'm feeling out of sorts."

As she spoke, the alicorn noticed that two more ponies had entered during the little situation, one of whom seemed busy with Sweet Surprise while the other, a stately-looking unicorn, approached her about figurines of both herself, her husband, and her aunts.

"Well, I can't speak for the others obviously, but I don't mind giving my permission for my own um, figure," she laughed, blushing slightly. "There are so many interesting entrepreneurs here today, it's really getting to be a fun party." Not wanting to Strife to think she'd ignored her, Cadance turned to the other mare. "And thank you for the compliment. I figure there's enough trouble in the world without me starting more!" she responded with a grin.

(OOC: sorry I havent posted sooner, I was waiting on silver swirl, then had an urgent errand this morning and slept off my medicine when I got back. :sleep: I seem to have missed an entire round so my post will be a big one... :-| )

Hoss and Shanna nickered happily as they spoke with the Princess. "It's very exciting! We get to travel all over Equestria and put our best hoof forward for Canterlot to everypony."

and Shanna chimed in "Yes, we even have adventures while meeting the ponies of Equestria. We helped recover pieces of the Sparklestar comet. One of the trailing sparkles fell in the Appleoosan Desert while we were taking telescope photos of the comet."

Just then, Cadence asked about Jubilee. "She should be here any moment...There she is!"

The twins gasped as Jubilee slammed into the wall behind them, with Hoss rushing right over to her first.

Jubilee seemed to be seeing double and took a swing at one of the blurs, screaming about Changelings.

Hoss moved up from the side and put a wing around her "It's okay hon, you're just seeing double."

Shanna came in from the other side in a cheerful nuzzle. "Its us! There are no Changelings here."

Jubilee suddenly broke away to bow before the Princess and apologize.

Concerned for Jubilee, Hoss draped a wing over Jubilee comfortingly while Cadence spoke to her.

Shanna gave a soft giggle at the mention of some of the senior staff waking up for the scare.

The pegaus mare suddenly saw a foal that had jumped into a potted plat and trotted over to pat him with a wingtip "Its okay, little one. There are no Changelings here. My brother's Special Somepony hit her head and was seeing double is all. Are you okay?"

miraclebanner.png

Miracle loved Sweet's fudge. It was very tasty, and arguably the best fudge she had ever had. She excitedly danced in place on her back hooves, with her front hooves nervously covering her mouth, as she approached Sweet again, who seemed a little on edge. Apparently, a rumor of changelings had the ballroom tied up in fear, fear that Miracle was usually associated with, had she not been so taken by the magnificent texture of the fudge Sweet offered. Miracle asked while giggling, "Oh, sorry, I didn't mean to startle you. But, I'd like some more fudge please, if that's OK." Miracle's voice was slightly slurred, mostly because she had just finished swallowing her last piece of fudge. It was so good!

When Miracle had heard the Princess' announcing that no changelings were in the area, she felt relieved. But she couldn't help but notice that her pelt color might be mistaken for the color exact of the changelings that once invaded Canterlot. She raised her voice to affirm the crowd, however, she did so with a nervous crack in her voice. She yelled slowly, "I, am not, a changeling! Nope! Never been one, and I'm not starting today." Miracle wore a cheesy smile as she looked at everyone whose attention she was able to grab.

Applejack.pngMadden.pngGranola_Gracie.pngArrow_Plain.pngMiracle.pngRemington.pngSugar_Rush-1.pngCoconut_Lime.png

The gamer stallion turned toward the self-proclaimed not-changeling and smiled. "Don't worry, I believe you!" he said back, waving a hoof. He sat on his haunches, out of the way of the remaining ponies who wanted an audience with the lovely princess.

"Just pass word on to your aunts, if you please, Princess Cadence. I'd much appreciate it." He then went back and busied himself levitating snacks onto a plate he'd grabbed, then, balancing the plate with his magic, sat on the sidelines enjoying the nicely prepared refreshments. Thinking about the changeling attack, he'd been fortunate enough to be in Manehatten visiting his parents and then-significant other.

Sweet heard the kind words of Princess Cadance telling everypony that there were no changelings. She heard abou Cadance's encounter with changelings, so if she was certain, than that certainly satisfied Sweet Surprise.

"Oh sorry for bumping into you," Sweet said to the pony, "I'm Sweet Surprise. What's your name?"

She then noticed that Miracle was still looking for fudge. Her's wasn't that addictive to a pony, was it?

"Of course you can have another! I always make alot just incase. And if you want more fudge or candy, the place I work at is not far away."

She then wandered over to Cadance, a little embarrassed about the way she reacted.

"Sorry about overreacting like that. When the Changelings came, I was so scared! Some even changed into me! I did the only thing I could: barricade myself into my bedroom. I wish I was strong enough to fight back against them, but I guess not."

The princess' announcement drew Flux's eyes away from the earth pony who had backed into her. The unicorn blinked twice, not having noticed the presence of the alicorn until she had spoken. As she stared, wide-eyed at the princess, the white mare's thoughts were analyzing exactly what had just transpired in the ballroom. Changelings? she wondered, having immediately latched onto that particular word. Those creatures that attacked Canterlot, if I recall, were called Changelings. The scientist had missed the event entirely, much to the chagrin of her family and mentor. She had been so close to a breakthrough in her latest series of tests that she had dismissed the notion of attending the wedding ceremony without a second thought. Luckily, the Changelings didn't seem particularly focused on the outskirts of Canterlot, where Flux resided, and so she'd not encountered them herself. Nonetheless, the idea of such creatures had interested her immensely. Another thing to read about, she noted.

Putting two and two together, she assumed that the earth pony, who had recently introduced herself as Sweet Surprise, had been in a panic about the Changelings. Understandable, if a bit jumpy, she conceded. "No need to apologize, the fault is not yours. My name is Quantum Flux, pleased to meet-" Before the unicorn could finish, the chocolate mare had trotted off in the direction of Princess Cadance. Only slightly irritated, Flux trotted after her. She was slightly apprehensive about being in the presence of a Canterlot Royal, but she insisted on pulling herself together. If anypony would know about the CRPR, it would be one of the princesses. Taking a deep breath, she hovered behind Sweet Surprise as she spoke to Cadance, shuffling back and forth and trying to organize what she would say to address the Princess.

Cadance smiled again at Miracle's unceasing appreciation for the fudge, which after tasting it herself she could understand. It was like pony nip. She looked back to HighRoller and nodded, affirming that she would at least pass on his message. It was the least she could do, after all, and not long after the confectioner pony herself wandered back toward the princess and explained her reaction.

"It's okay!" Cadance assured Sweet. "The changelings can be pretty creepy. It's like looking into an evil mirror. Besides, they were already stronger from feeding on love about Canterlot. The way they were moving in numbers, I don't think anypony alone could have beaten them."

After standing and levitating her goblet of starberry juice into the air for a quick sip, Cadance caught the eye of one of the senior members and steadied her shoulders with a tiny sigh. She trotted quickly over to speak with Dusty Chronicle, the unicorn head of the board as well as quite a stickler for rules and schedules. The faded grey elder had a sour look upon his wrinkled lips, and the alicorn knew that expression well. He sometimes used it when his tea wasn't strong enough.

"I apologize for the delay in the presentations and everything, but don't you think this is what the CRPR is really about?" she whispered. "Being out there, showing the ponies that the castle is just as open to them as it is to us? Sometimes the best things happen when everything isn't according to plan, right?"

Dusty Chronicle simply sniffed and adjusted his monocle before shrugging his shoulders.

"I merely wish that you don't waste our time here, Princess Cadenza," he croaked. "If you wanted to party, you could have done so without involving the board."

"I know, I'm sorry," Cadance responded while turning to get back to the party. "But please don't make our guests feel unwelcome. We'll follow the itinerary at some point. Until then maybe, I don't know... dance?" she suggested with a nervous grin and a wave before heading back to one of the new mares that seemed to be trying for her attention. Chronicle just groaned and called for another cup of tea.

''yup Strife's the name, wait a minute yo-'' she couldn't finish her sentence cause by then, the colt had ran off to hide behind a potted plant ''ah so YOU are Timid, I remember our little adventure, though I must remind you'' she walked toward the plant ''I never put you in there, and have no interest to do so'' she smiled warmly ''now there are no changelings either, those were ''blown away'' by miss Cadence a while ago'' she giggled abit at her own word joke ''now why dont you come out of there, no need for hiding anymore''

miraclebanner.png

Miracle bounced up back to Sweet's offering of more fudge. Although, Miracle wanted to be clear, so she went ahead and asked the question of all questions. "Oh, cool. So. Can I have like, five more pieces?" As Miracle asked, she eyed past Sweet the buffet that still displayed several items of food. Miracle loved this fudge, probably more than any other food item in the ballroom. But she still wanted to get as much as she could. The goodies the Princess had put out were still very delicious indeed. Miracle was tapping her foot waiting for Sweet to reply, she seemed busy talking to the Princess. "Please can I just have all the fudge!?"

Applejack.pngMadden.pngGranola_Gracie.pngArrow_Plain.pngMiracle.pngRemington.pngSugar_Rush-1.pngCoconut_Lime.png

"Thank you for your understanding, Princess," Jubilee said timidly as she bowed once more. She then turned towards Hoss and Shanna. "Sorry I made such a ruckus here. I didn't mean to, I just wanted to be on time, especially to see Princess Cadance once again. Hoss, I think I'll take the Princess' advice and get some juice, Could you guide me to where the refreshments are?"

Jubilee then turned to see all of the others gathered around.

"I do apologize, everypony, please enjoy the rest of your stay here."

Timid slowly crept out from behind the potted plant and breathed a sigh of relief. He looked at the pegasus mare who had patted him with a wingtip and replied with a weak smile, "Oh, that is a relief! I am perfectly fine. I just scare easily.". He then replied to Strife, "I know you weren't the one who did that but the way you acted in that situation with Lucky didn't help either. I am a bit traumatized by the experience.". He was still a little nervous around the guardsmare as he nervously removed himself from her presence and walked towards the princess again to answer her query about the veracity of his story.

He appeared next to the princess and answered in a respectful, yet matter of fact tone, "I am telling the truth and Strife can back me up on my story. She wasn't the one who put me in the cell but she did see my physical condition and can corroborate that the beating did occur.". He bowed to the princess and asked, "So what does the CRPR do exactly? I am a fairly new resident to Canterlot but enjoying my new home.". He gave a friendly smile to the princess as he lifted a cupcake from the table and brought it over to himself with his magic.

Strife wouldn't take the blame for her behaviour in the dungeon, it was required, clearly he had also seen that those ponies had broken their cage, it frustrated her that the colt seemed to blame her for his misfortunes, but she didn't show that ''as you wish, but I followed my code, and did as I had to, I cant always be the loving and kind guard you know'' she shrugged and then nodded as the Colt told his story to the princess ''its true, however I'd like to add I was not responsible'' deciding it was best for her to drop the matter, it was just a colt afterall, she couldn't expect him to understand, but it saddened her that he blamed her for his ''trauma''

Hoss nickered happily and gave Jubilee a winghug as the Princess reassured her.

He gave Jubilee an elegant bow, then led her to the buffet table and the punch bowl.

"Allow me." Hoss smiled as he poured juice for them both and hoofed her a glass. "How is that my pretty pony?"

Shanna smiled back at the unicorn foal, who then trotted up to the princess and one of Luna's guards.

"I hope the foal isnt too upset at being frightened like that..."

She suddenly perked up her ears. "Did...somepony say....FUDGE?"

Shanna trotted over to the source of that word, finding herself next to a dark unicorn and another pony, who both seemed to love fudge as much as she did. "Excuse me, Did I hear there was Fudge?"

"Oh that's ok," Sweet said to the pony named Jubilee who first mentioned the changelings, eveypony makes mistakes sometime."

Sweet then saw the mare talking to the pony who jumped into the pot. The poor pony seemed so timid, but at least the armored pony was trying to help.

Then Sweet was approached by a new pony asking for fudge. She giggled at how one word could spread to many ponies. "Sure you can have some fudge," Sweet said with a smile as she gave a piece, 'by the way, my name's Sweet Surprise. What's your name?"

Sweet then saw the pony that she gave fudge to before now was wanting way more! She went fron asking one to now five pieces, even asking for all of them. She didn't think her fudge was that addictive, was it? "Um... sorry. I can't really give you all the fudge because there might be other ponies wanting some. But I do have lots of fudge and other candy at Mr. Cocoas's shop, so if you want to talk to me after this party, you can."

As Cadance trotted back to the group, Timid Star made another appearance, apparently convinced that there weren't any changelings about. He insisted that his story about the incarceration and beatings was entirely true, and Strife even validated that something had occurred, though not quite in the way the colt was describing. The princess's brow set into a perturbed line, and she even frowned a little as she thought about what she was being told.

"Well, I obviously wasn't there and can't pass judgment on the situation without knowing both sides of the story, but I'll definitely be having my husband look into this matter. I just don't like to hear about these kinds of things, ponies causing trouble with other ponies when there are plenty of monsters out there that will do that for us." She glanced at Strife. "So you're a guardsmare, I thought you looked familiar from somewhere. You're with Aunt Luna's group, I think."

At that moment Timid chimed in about his curiosity about the CRPR, and Cadance tilted her head downward to regard the colt again. It was strange that of all the guests, the youngest would be the first to actually voice interest in the main purpose of the event. She gave a grin at the irony. Dusty Chronicle would have rolled his eyes.

"Well firstly, let me give you a royal welcome to Canterlot! As for the group here, we are basically the go-between for citizens of Equestria and the castle here in the city. We handle concerns and disputes, mostly abroad, that would take too long to resolve if everypony had to travel to Canterlot. To do that, we have various groups that move around the country to make sure everything is going well. I was with one of those parties until I came back for my wedding, and now I mostly stay here, but there are others still out there helping keep peace strong."

“Have a good day, your grace,” that was the lugubrious voice of Polaris' gentlepony's gentlepony, Sheaves, as the double doors of Hoofburgh House shut behind the duke. Squinting slightly in the sunlight at the royal city which wavered and shimmered in the heat, Polaris set off at a sedate pace, breathing in all the sights and smells of the metropolis.

Or rather, nearly being bowled over by the scent of late roses, planted in their hundreds in the gardens that surrounded his residence. Massed ranks of Filly's Blush, Foaly Hobbs, Hoofmann, Immortal Celestia and a thousand others presented an almost solid barrier of perfume, completely blocking the less-refined smells of Canterlot itself. Polaris thinned his nostrils and trotted quickly through – normally, the roses were pleasant, but the coordinated burst of flowers at the change of the seasons was just too much for his sensitive nose. Fortunately, it was just a quick canter to the gates, where he could resume his stroll with more dignity. As he stepped out from between the iron-and-gilt – permanently open – gates, he took a deep, satisfied breath. Foreign travel was all very well, but it was always nice to come back home, and remind himself why he talked to fractious griffons, frankly incomprehensible zebras, dragons who spoke a thousand years out-of-date and much else.

It was for these ponies, for their ordered way of life and the safety and security of the royal city, and that thought put a smile on his face as he stepped out into the genteel crowds, mingling as only a career diplomat could – noticed when he wished to be, such as when spotting old acquaintances, and slipping away when not. He ambled gently through the shining streets of Canterlot city, drinking in the sunshine and the chatter all around. The pegasi assigned to the royal city had apparently decided that today should be brilliantly sunny, but with the occasional fluffy white cloud to break up the harshness of the blue sky and dim the white blaze of the marble – for which he was thankful. Behind him, the be-turreted mass of Hoofburgh House and its gardens receded into the distance, rapidly vanishing behind the minarets, towers, carriages, airships and ponies of the bustling capital. This really was most pleasant; Polaris absently began to hum one of the songs which had been popular the last time he was in Canterlot, murmuring some of the words under his breath in time to the tune in his head.

“...at home at the opera, on a fancy yacht...becoming the talk, the talk of all of Canterlot...”

He shook his head and whickered at his own foolishness. He was quite happy with his position, thank you very much; whilst adoring ponies were nice, they weren't the be-all and end-all of his life. Unlike some of the nobility, he remembered the old adage of noblesse oblige.

Polaris' gentle ruminations on life in general and the delights of the royal city meant that he was rather oblivious to the finer details; it was only when his gentle stroll took him near a large, official noticeboard that his attention was drawn to a large, sumptuously-printed poster taking pride of place, sealed with the moon-and-sun of the Royal Court.

Squinting – against the glare of the sun, or so he told himself (anything to avoid the indignity of a monocle or glasses) – he began to read.

'CRPR? Great Celestia, are they having some sort of outreach programme now?' Polaris thought. As far as he could remember, the Canterlot Royal Public Relations Office had mainly concerned themselves, at least domestically, with organizing and publicising royal events, making sure there were crowds of adoring ponies there - and nopony running around like a headless chicken because they hadn't known the Princess(es) were visiting. Things had evidently changed somewhat whilst he'd been on duty in Germaney and Itaily.

Polaris raised his head and looked around. Corner of Cantavile Row and Sunbeam Street, which meant that the quickest route to Canterlot Castle was...that way. 'Unless somepony has redesigned the city's layout again', he thought, wryly, remembering returning from one trip abroad and managing to get lost within five minutes of setting hoof outside his own front door. He'd had to ask one of the Guards for directions, and if that hadn't been embarrassing, then what was?

His thoughts had occupied him on the short walk to the Castle's gates, and now he could hear strains of music wafting from deeper within – a lively, perky tune distinctly different from the usual slow waltz and quadrille refrains. It rather put a spring in his step as he passed between the Guards at the Castle gates, giving them a friendly 'Good morning!' even though they weren't allowed to respond whilst on duty. Just because they couldn't reply didn't mean one should neglect the essential courtesies.

The poster had said that the CRPR event was taking place in one of the smaller ballrooms, and sure enough, as he approached the venue, there was a large banner over the doors and the music was pouring forth from a small string quartet in one corner of the chamber.

Despite being one of the smaller ballrooms, the place was still cavernous, and the small group of ponies already in there looked rather dwarfed. No matter; it was still early, and surely more would turn up. Any event with the word 'Royal' in the title generally could be assured of a good audience, in his experience.

He cast a quick, critical eye over himself just before he crossed the threshold. Mane – nice and straight. Tail – under control. Coat – freshly brushed. Apparel – acceptable. As he trotted serenely into the ballroom, his eyes caught on the pony at the centre of the others, just in front of a board of rather sleepy-looking elder statesponies.

He blinked as he came closer still, just to be sure. With a diplomat's grace, he inserted himself into the small press of ponies around – yes, his eyes hadn't misled him. Gods and stars, Princess Cadance herself! If the general pony at large knew they could meet Her Highness in person here, the event would have been packed out before breakfast, surely.

Polaris held himself back a little from the crush until an opening presented itself; the Princess already had quite enough greetings on her plate already, and when the time was right he would introduce himself. Simply butting in would have been the height of rudeness, and that was something he simply did not tolerate.

As the press of ponies around the Princess cleared somewhat, Polaris swept his most courtly bow. “Good morning, Your Highness – a pleasure to see you here. I must confess, I'm most interested to hear more about your reforms of the CRPR. It seems you have implemented great changes of late. Ah, but where are my manners? Polaris, ma'am – Duke of Manehattan, if it pleases you.”

• Like 1

"Thank you, my love," Jubilee said calmly, accepting some punch from Hoss and then sipping on it. "This is delicious! Princess Cadance certainly has done a great job with this party. I don't think that even Pinkie Pie herself could've put together a grander gathering than this!"

The young Pegasus mare looked all around, seeing that everything seemed to be 'back to normal' for this gala event. Hopefully, her crashing landing entrance was forgiven and forgotten so she could mix and mingle with all the other ponies here. However, Jubilee couldn't help wanting to stay close to her very special somepony, Hoss.

[Hay, everypony, I'm going to be removing HighRoller and inserting my new character who just got approved. His presence would make more sense, considering the young stallion's aspirations to become a royal guard like his father. He'd want to get as close to Canterlot royalty as possible.]

Stalwart.png

The large, well-built pegasus stallion made his way into the ballroom, almost bumping into a nerdy-looking unicorn making his way out. Making a quiet, polite apology, the pegasus trotted to the center of the room, swishing his tail back and forth idly as he took in his surroundings, surveying the inhabitants of the ballroom. An eclectic mix, to be sure.

It was then that his eyes fell on the princess. She was even more magnificent than the stories he'd heard. And even more importantly, her husband was captain of the guard! But before gushing about his personal hopes and dreams, he had to make a request on behalf of his homeland. He walked a little closer to Cadence and waited, not partaking of any refreshments as yet. He didn't want to interrupt this important pony...Polaris, he'd said his name was, but he wanted to be next in line to speak to this gathering's hostess.

Strife nodded ''its always been my dream to serve the princess of the night, and it has come true, for which I am forever in the royal families depth'' she smiled a bit shyly ''but I guess I kind off make up for it by serving'' strife took a little moment to take in everything the princess had said, before taking time to reply to it, the main matter being the ones who put the colt behind bars ''may I add princess, that I to would like to know who put this Colt behind bars, as I've been in quite a problematic position thanks to them'' she shook her as her head ears dropped to her skull ''I know its not within my ranks line of power to ask that of you, but I thought it could never hurt to ask''

By the time Flux had decided on precisely the correct form of address for the princess and phrasing of her query, she found that another pony had already begun that line of questioning. Internally, the mare grumbled at herself in annoyance. This odd paralysis seemed to be affecting her greatly in regards to Princess Cadance. In any other case, she would have merely swallowed her annoyance and allowed her social awkwardness to take its course. Or, better yet, merely remove herself from the equation entirely and stick her muzzle back in another dusty old tome. However, it was getting in the way of her objective in attending this event: knowledge of the CRPR. Therefore, she could not allow herself to become a shirking violet now, even if this was a member of the Royal Family.

As Cadance answered the golden colt, the white mare busied herself with levitating a nearby glass and filling it carefully with apple juice. While she poured carefully, an ear was kept at attention to ensure she wouldn't miss anything the princess said in reply. It appeared to be fairly basic information, much of which Flux recalled having read earlier in one book or another. Even so, the last detail of the princess' personal involvement was certainly new information for her. Once she was satisfied with the quantity of juice in the glass, the unicorn trotted back toward the princess, intent on getting a more detailed understanding of the CRPR. However, again somepony else was already making the aquaintance of the alicorn. The life of a princess must be quite the busy one, if this is what they must deal with on a regular basis, she thought. So, Flux stood in the viscinity of the two nobleponies and merely sipped her drink in silence, thinking about the information she had already gathered.

Cadance blinked as yet more ponies entered the ballroom. Word must have really gotten around! A small smile decorated her lips as the circle around her grew, with several of the members looking at her with expectant or curious eyes. Strife had mentioned that she would like to be informed of anything she found out in questioning her husband about the incident with Timid Star, and the princess nodded her head in agreement.

"Don't worry, I understand your reasoning," she said to the guardsmare. "And you don't need a pedigree to speak with me. I'm here to serve all of you, not the other way around," she added with a laugh.

Three of the newer ponies drew closer, and an expertly-dressed stallion stepped ahead of the others to drop into a perfect bow. Of course Cadance was accustomed to such formal greetings, having been required to learn every nuance to them when traveling the far corners of Equestria. The way griffons said hello had been her favorite so far. Bristling wings, intense looks, puffing one's chest out... it had been greatly amusing. The alicorn inclined her head to the ground in a similar gesture to the one she'd been offered.

"A pleasure to meet you Polaris. As you likely know, I'm Princess Cadance. With the way you're speaking, it sounds as though you're already fairly familiar with the CRPR if you know that I've implemented changes lately. I haven't altered the core procedures much at all, merely expanded our services and duties to assist ponies who may not have had much of a voice before. It's certainly kept me on my hooves since we added that division."

Cadance smiled gently at the stallion and mare who stood behind Polaris, letting them know that she was aware of their presence and would speak with them as soon as possible before turning back to her current conversation partner.

"Did you have any specific questions about our new structuring, sir? I'd be happy to answer anything of which you can think."

Polaris smiled gently as the Princess straightened from her own, lesser bow (an honour indeed), and spoke, her voice liquid chimes. It was rather heartwarming to see that she could talk with all sorts of ponies, switching from style to style with consummate ease and a gentle, soothing smile that brought them all closer together.

“The pleasure is all mine, Highness, I assure you. I'm afraid I don't know a great deal more about the CRPR than any other noblepony, ma'am, and, in point of fact, quite probably less. I have the honour of being a member of the diplomatic corps for Princess Celestia, you see, and in the course of serving in that capacity, I've been far away from Canterlot for some time - so my knowledge of the Canterlot Royal Public Relations Office is...how shall I put this? Somewhat behind the times.”

He whickered softly, slightly embarrassed at admitting less-than-perfect knowledge of something he, as a diplomat and noble both, felt he should know all about.

“Indeed, when I was last in Canterlot, the CRPR mainly concerned itself with ensuring all royal events were sufficiently publicised and organized. A vital role, I admit, but rather focused. Niche, almost. Thus, I'm most interested in the expansion of the CRPR's remit that you have spearheaded recently – forgive me, but it seems as though many of the functions of the diplomatic corps – the mediation between ponies and other groups, goodwill visits and so forth - have been assumed by the CRPR.” He laughed, softly, deprecatingly, taking any sting out of his next words. “You might say I am merely looking out for my position – has the corps been amalgamated into the CRPR in its entirety? And if so, how might I – or any other member – now serve Equestria? That is, after all, what the nobility exists for.” he dropped his voice “Even if perhaps some have forgotten that.”

He cast a wry glance towards the board of near-slumbering statesponies and a surprisingly wicked grin flashed across his cultured face for just a moment, his voice at a level pitched perfectly so that just Cadance could hear. “Perhaps I should also ask Dusty Chronicle – that is he, is it not? if he plans to talk to other ponies through a megaphone. At the least, it might wake the rest of your supporting cast up a little.” Conspiratorially, he added: “I rather think dancing is beyond most of them, but I would be most honoured if you would consent to dance with me later on. This music is quite...invigorating.”

Hoss smiles and takes some punch for himself too as he presses his side to Jubilee's side, then snags a sandwich.

"Yes, its an awesome spread! I bet the Princess would have been a noteable party planner if she had been born a unicorn or pegasus. As it is, I cant wait to hear what the events are and if I and Shanna can help with this CRPR program being obvious representatives of Canterlot. If nothing else, I and Shanna can keep our ears open on our travels, right? Maybe we can ask Princess Cadence when the crowd thins out around her again."

Meanwhile, Shanna smiled as Sweet Surprise asked her name while she got some fudge "Ohh thank you. I'm Shanna Skybright. I'm here with my brother. He's over there with his Special Somepony." She starts eating on the fudge and flutters her wings in joy. "Oh Luna! This fudge is amazing!"

(OOC: Just awaiting Miracle's response, but other than that Sweet in taking in the sights of the party).