[Canterlot] Canterlot Royal Public Relations Open House (Open!)

Solaria

Cadence shifted a little in her hoofguards, though her pleasant expression didn't fade. She and the other members of the Canterlot Royal Public Relations had been here all morning, but it was still fairly early and most ponies couldn't have been expected to be pounding on the doors, waiting for the event to start. After all, the CRPR wasn't very well understood or known to those outside the castle, which was the entire point of today anyway! Notices had been posted all about Canterlot, which hopefully helped to spread the word.

They'd acquired one of the smaller ball rooms of the castle for the day-long open house, and several long tables adorned with snacks and punch had been set along the sides of the room. One or two nobles had stopped by, but they had both only wanted to have a quick word with one of their friends on the board, not information. The CRPR had been nothing new to them. Cadence herself was happy enough with her company at the moment, considering several of the ponies around her had traveled a good portion of Equestria with her while spreading the goodwill of the crown, but she dearly hoped that others would eventually trickle in with questions. Even if they only wanted to have some snacks, that would be fine with the princess! That just meant more new friends to make and talk with.

With a tiny glimmer of magic Cadence levitated a small cup of punch before her and took a slow sip. Maybe if the music started it would drift out into Canterlot? It was worth a try, anyway. With a wave of a hoof and a nod, the alicorn let the string quartet hired to provide ambience launch into a quick tempo, high energy bolero. She knew quite a few of the stuffy older ponies in the organization might not dance, but it was hard for her not to shake a fank whenever upbeat music played.

"It shouldn't be long now!" she called with a laugh.

• Like 1

Sweet Surprise was trotting down the street near the castle, enjoying the beautiful day. As she walked, she started humming a tune, something that she was unsure where she got from. Then as she continued further, she realized the she was actually hearing the music now, and it was getting louder.

"This is a neat song somepony must be playing," Sweet said as she followed it like a bloodhound follows a scent, "it's really something I can dance to!"

As she drew closer, she noticed that the music was coming from a ballroom.

"Ooo! Somepony must be having a party. I wonder if if I can attend or if it's a private one?"

Sweet walked to the open door and poked her head in. There was food, drink, and music, but no pony was dancing. In fact, there was hardly anypony there save for a few seated at a table. Then she saw the sign: Canterlot Royal Public Relations Open House. It sounded formal. No wonder why no ponies were dancing. Still, a party was a party, and Sweet loved parties and meeting new ponies.

She trotted in, looking at the ponies seated at the table. her eyes were fixated on a beautiful pink pony princess. She must have been Princess Cadence, the one that Canterlot was having a wedding for. She definitely wanted to meet her, but how should she do that? it wasn't like Sweet was accustomed to meeting royalty on a regular basis.

Sweet stopped and gave a little bow to Princess, looking as about as awkward as Sweet Surprise was feeling.

Cadence set down her cup, a small crestfallen look crossing her face. She'd thought for sure that at least catchy music would draw some visitors in if only for curiosity's sake. She had just started to think that nopony else might come when to her great delight a guest trotted in and caught her eye.

"Welcome to the CRPR Open House!" the princess called enthusiastically, moving forward to stand before the new pony and returning the bow she had been given. "I'm Princess Cadence, and this is the rest of the committee behind me. If you didn't know already, the Canterlot Royal Public Relations is one of the more accessible channels between the castle and the rest of Equestria! We often have small groups travel far and wide to meet with our subjects to make sure everything is going as well as it can. We also sometimes act as liaisons between others like the griffons or the zebras. We'd love to answer any questions you might have!"

The alicorn shook her mane before leaning forward to whisper so the older ponies couldn't hear.

"Now that I've gotten that out of the way, it's great to meet you! May I ask your name, and would you like a snack or a drink? We've got plenty!"

Candance appeared very excited that Sweet Surprise appeared, although the earth pony felt that it wasn't her but the fact that she showed up, but it was that at least a pony was at her party. Sweet knew what it was like planning a party and having no pony show up.

The princess made what sounded like a well-rehearsed speech about the Canterlot Royal Public Relations. It was interesting that the group could travel to determine if ponies were ok. Sweet however didn't know how this group would help her. Well, there was one thing. Sweet's dream, aside from owning a candy store herself, was to be the go to pony for all events at the castle when it came to candies and chocolates. It was a very lofty goal, but Sweet hoped she was given that chance. She didn't know if there was a way to get closer to that goal with Princess Cadence, however.

Then the princess did something that Sweet didn't expect and leaned in as if to give her a secret. She asked for her name and if she was hungry or thirsty.

"My name is Sweet Surprise, and it's nice to meet you too. Actually I am kind of hungry. I didn't really have lunch today. I'll be right back."

With that Sweet took off like a chocolate colored tornado, grabbing a plate and randomally choosing different snacks. There were even some candies which Sweet wanted to try to see how other ponies made candies. She then rushed back to the princess to continue with the conversation.

Strife shyly walked inside, outside of her lunar guard armour, she was a easily scared and shy mare, but her curiousity had taken the better of her when she heard about this entire happening, it made her feel good that Cadence did something to meet her subjects. walking in, she looked around, luckely for her her guardsmare poker face held even outside her armor, she perked her ears a bit as she heard a conversation "I'm Princess Cadence, and this is the rest of the committee behind me. If you didn't know already, the Canterlot Royal Public Relations is one of the more accessible channels between the castle and the rest of Equestria! We often have small groups travel far and wide to meet with our subjects to make sure everything is going as well as it can. We also sometimes act as liaisons between others like the griffons or the zebras. We'd love to answer any questions you might have!"

she backed off a little come on Strife! you're a guardsmare, they wont bite and if they do bite back! most ponies would think it a weird thought, but it re-assured her, she wanted to get on good with Cadence, showing her that even the Lunar guard would support her, so.. she walked in happily.

miraclebanner.png

Miracle walked up to the ballroom. At first she wasn't sure that this was it, but then she smelled the slight fragrance and knew that she must have been in the right place. For the aroma of food was as good a place as any anyway, even if she was lost. Miracle had seen fliers for a open house. She couldn't really remember what it was for. All she remembered was the complimentary food and drink were included. She first saw the flier at her local bakery, and then she saw it at her favorite café. She was reminded of it once again when she spotted the words from the flier next to an outdoor veggie-dog stand.

"Hello?" Miracle walked into the door, the calm breeze brushing through with her as she trotted in. It was certainly a nice day outside, the local Canterlot pegasi really outdid themselves this time. "Is this the place with the free foo-" Miracle spotted the table with all the hors d'oeuvres, and gasped. Miracle looked around at all of the fixings on the table. Everything was so elegantly put on the table. And it looked like no pony had even touched it yet. If it had been any other establishment other than a ballroom, Miracle would have started her eating session. However, she was a little afraid to start with this kind of detail in the presentation of it all.

Miracle looked around for someone to ask. "Excuse me, miss, is the food ready to be eaten?" Miracle saw the pony look to her as she spoke, only to find out that it was Princess Cadence herself. Miracle gasped yet again. "Princess Cadence!! Oh gosh! I'm so, so sorry!" Miracle lowered her head and bowed to Cadence, awaiting her response.

Applejack.pngMadden.pngGranola_Gracie.pngArrow_Plain.pngMiracle.pngRemington.pngSugar_Rush-1.pngCoconut_Lime.png

"Well Sweet Surprise, it's very ni-"

Cadance was cut short and blinked once in confusion as a whirling dervish replaced the pony she'd been speaking to. The hooved maelstrom flitted about the tables, gathering anything that looked delectable before returning as the cacao-hued earth pony with plate piled high. A small laugh burst from the princess.

"I love your enthusiasm! So how did you get your cutie mark, if you don't mind me asking? It looks so interesting! And don't feel rushed to answer, I know how tasty food looks when you've missed a meal," she added with a smile.

At that moment a rather regal-looking mare trotted into the ballroom, a self-confident look upon her face. It seemed she had been present since the little CRPR speech, and Cadance was abashed that she hadn't welcomed her yet. Apparently the board members wouldn't be doing any welcoming of their own today; in fact a few had fallen asleep and were snoring in their chairs. The princess waved and gave a warm greeting to the new pony, whose posture seemed even better than her own. Actually, this new visitor looked rather familiar, but the she couldn't quite place her.

She didn't have time to solve the little mystery however, as an uncertain voice drifted through the doors as yet another guest filed in, asking about the food. The full-bodied pony seemed to do a double-take before calling Cadance's name and falling into a bow, crying out apologies. The rose alicorn waved her hooves in surprise, as though trying to deflect the alarmed tone of Miracle's voice.

"Oh it's okay! Really, don't worry about it! I can't expect everypony to recognize me instantly after I've been away for so long, can I? After all, I don't think we've ever had the pleasure of meeting, at least face to face." She turned to the calmer mare that she hadn't spoken with yet. "Both of you feel free to grab some snacks, that's why they're there! This is as much about having fun and meeting the CRPR as it is for us answering your questions."

Somewhat confident that she'd assuaged any tension that might have strung through the room, Cadance gave a tiny but happy smile and waited patiently to attend to her guests.

When Sweet returned back to Cadance, it appeared that there were two more ponies that were at the party. One was a guardspony while the other appeared a bit on the shy side. Candence then asked her how she got her mark.

"Oh, how I got my mark," Sweet said as she took a bite of a little sandwich triangle, "Well, as a filly, I loved candy. My parents are dentists, so they weren't as excited about me liking candy. They thought that candy does nothing but rot teeth and make ponies hyper. But still I would sneak some candy trying different ones. Eventually the owner of a candy shop taught me how to make candy, and that's how my mark appeared! My parents realized that a pony doesn't just get their mark on accident, so with their hugs I went to work at Mr. Cocoa's candy shop here in Canterlot. I really want to in the future own my own candy store. Actually, I think it would be neat to be the candymakeer for all royal gatherings. I know it may be a silly dream of mine, but I was always told to dream big!"

Sweet paused as if she was done, but then she realized something. "Oooo! I almost forgot. I actually have some fudge that I take with me. Would you like some Princess Cadance? It so rich and chocolaty."

Strife smiled when Cadence welcomed her and the other pony ''thank you princess'' she walked up to Cadence and bowed her head in greeting ''I'm Strife, might I say I think its very nice of you to throw yourself into the public like this, its always good to see a princess is interested in her subjects'' she smiled a bit, hoping she wasn't too formal on her ''I wondered, what are your thoughts on princess Luna's royal guard?'' she tried hiding the fact that she was one for now, because she wanted to be certain she got an honest and kind of personal answer from Cadence.

Timid Star was being pursued. The older colts were chasing after him in an attempt to extort some extra bits from him like the big bullies he knew them to be. The metallic gold colt looked frail and weak, an easy target for bullies. Galloping past the castle, he heard music and decided that it would be safer for him inside the palace grounds. Panting, he looked around in a panic, spotting the open ballroom and rushing in blindly, the bullies hot on his tail and reaching for his father's medallion. Timid shouted, "Help me!" as he tripped over the threshold and faceplanted. The bullies wasted no time in surrounding the young colt and whispering, "You shouldn't have run from us. Now we will be taking your medallion and all your bits.". Timid looked over and saw the pink princess chatting with who he thought was Strife, the guardspony he met whole he was falsely imprisoned. Surely these bullies weren't that brazen in their misdeeds to attempt a robbery with a princess in attendance...

miraclebanner.png

Miracle arose from her bowing stance to Cadence's request and kindness. She then heard the alicorn mare's gift of hospitality in the form of edible snacks and refreshments to the other ponies. Before Cadence could express to Miracle that it was OK to not recognize her, Miracle had already swiftly made a run-through the buffet table, grabbing nearly one of everything and retreating herself back to Cadence's attention and circle of conversation. As she munched, she enjoyed the Princess' company as she began to explain what the open house was really for. Miracle didn't really comprehend most of it, as she was emotionally invested in the goodies that she currently tasted.

But shortly soon, she heard the brown mare ask Cadence if she would like some fudge that she took with her everywhere. If there weren't any other thoughts in Miracle's mind, she would have contemplated why she never thought of such an idea of taking fudge everywhere she goes. What a brilliant idea. But that wasn't on her mind at the moment. Instead, Miracle was intoxicated by the sheer presence of such a delectable treat. "Oh my gosh!" Miracle watched as the mare pulled out her fudge. Miracle's eyes grew to the size of saucers as the interior light of the ballroom bounced in wobbles on her watery pupils. "What a candy-coated confection, what a delightful desert," Miracle licked her lips, "what a sweet surprise." Miracle dropped all of her items she held from the snack table onto the floor and pointed at Sweet Surprise's goodies. "Can I have one!?"

Applejack.pngMadden.pngGranola_Gracie.pngArrow_Plain.pngMiracle.pngRemington.pngSugar_Rush-1.pngCoconut_Lime.png

Cadance nodded in understanding as she listened to Sweet Surprise's story. She'd heard quite often about parents being a little overbearing in trying to do what was best for their foals. It was a misdeed based in attempted kindness, so whenever something similar bothered the princess she attempted to remember that. After all, this tale turned out for the best!

"I'm sure they were just trying to keep your teeth so bright and shiny," Cadance responded gently. "Besides, now you're an accomplished candy-maker! I'm sure they felt sure of your decision when they tasted your treats!"

When Sweet offered a piece of delicious-looking fudge, the alicorn had opened her mouth to respond when the apologetic mare from before rushed in with a gleam in her eyes. It made Cadance happy to see that the pony had already piled a plate from the various offerings at the tables, and snickered at Miracle's admiring description of the dessert. Leaving those two to discuss their sugary fantasies, she turned instead to the stately visitor from before.

"Well thank you very much, it's always nice to hear from somepony that they like speaking to us here in the castle! After all, I enjoy being out and about rather than being cooped up here all the time. It's why I joined the CRPR in the first place." Admittedly the next question caught her by surprise. "Aunt Luna's Lunar Guard? To be honest, I think they have a little more personality than my husband's peers, at least in their own way. I can definitely appreciate how dedicated the REA is, but sometimes I like them to act like... ponies, instead of statues that can move. I guess I'm not really being fair."

At that moment a young colt burst into the room, closely pursued by several larger ponies that quickly surrounded him. Cadance heard the warning cries of the guards posted outside just as Timid called for help, and quickly trotted over to defuse the situation.

"It's okay," the princess muttered to the dappled unicorn guard that appeared nearby with a stern look on his face. "Welcome to the party boys!" she said more soothingly, concentrating and then levitating a few plates of the food into the air around the group. "It's always nice to see young colts and fillies interested in different organizations. You must be very mature for your age, and you even convinced your friend here to come out and have some fun!" She gave a subtle wink to Timid Star before positively beaming at the bullies. "Thank you so much, why don't you have some snacks for your troubles?"

Sweet was about to get an answer from Priincess Cadance when suddenly a group of ponies literally fell into the room. Then another pony asked for a piece of fudge.

"Oh sure you can have a piece of fudgealicious fudge," she said as she gave one to her. Sweet waitined for her opinion on it while at the same time waiting to see if the Princess still wanted one.

At that moment a young colt burst into the room, closely pursued by several larger ponies that quickly surrounded him. Cadance heard the warning cries of the guards posted outside just as Timid called for help, and quickly trotted over to defuse the situation.

"It's okay," the princess muttered to the dappled unicorn guard that appeared nearby with a stern look on his face. "Welcome to the party boys!" she said more soothingly, concentrating and then levitating a few plates of the food into the air around the group. "It's always nice to see young colts and fillies interested in different organizations. You must be very mature for your age, and you even convinced your friend here to come out and have some fun!" She gave a subtle wink to Timid Star before positively beaming at the bullies. "Thank you so much, why don't you have some snacks for your troubles?"

Timid was terrified of the bullies that surrounded him as he squeezed his eyes shut. He waited for the blows and the pulling sensations as they searched his saddlebags. Instead of that happening, he heard the trotting hooves and a sweet, comforting voice say that it was okay. Reopening his eyes, he saw that the pink princess had come over and all the bullies had stepped away from him. He sighed as they put on an air of innocence. Turning towards the princess, he saw that she had levitated several plates of food before complimenting them all on their interest and maturity. He caught the wink as she beamed at the bullies and asked if they wanted a snack for bringing him here. The head bully wasn't a fool and noticed the wink as well before replying, "I think it would be best if we left. We aren't interested in this stupid party. All we wanted was to shake this little unicorn runt down for some bits!" The head bully facehoofed, he didn't want to say that out loud! To a princess no less! The bullies turned tail and ran before the guards could be summoned.

Timid couldn't believe it! He absolutely beamed to his savior and gave a bow to the princess. "Thank you very much! You just saved me from those bullies. They were after the medallion that belongs to my father and was given to me when I left the Gallopacus Islands to come here. I'm Timid Star by the way, Princess....Cadence?", he politely said to her as he felt totally safe and secure for the first time since arriving in Canterlot. He then took one of the offered plates and bowed gracefully to the princess before saying softly to her, "They are probably just waiting for me outside the gates..." Shaking his head, he concentrated and politely lifted a sandwich off his plate and took a bite of it, tasting the exquisite ingredients and seasonings. "This is the best sandwich I have tasted!", he said with a friendly smile to the princess.

(OOC: thought this would be an event The Skybright twins would be interested in after the events of the Ambrosia cafe' )

"Here we are dears, I think this will be the perfect event for you to attend since you are a visible part of the Canterlot Court in your duties for the Royal Canterlot Observatory."

The black pegasus mare with a white star on her forehead, Starbright, smiled as she stopped before the entrance and beckoned with a wing. "I believe Hoss will enjoy this since he has already met Princess Cadenza. Will that sweet Jubilee be here too?"

Hoss scuffed a hoof sheepishly "Yes mom, I invited her to show up about now, after our morning weather assignment."

Shanna smiled "Yes, we shaved a whole 5 minutes off that today! Way to go brother!"

the bay mare looked at their mother "Will you be attending as well, Mom?"

The older mare smiled "I wish I could, but I have another astronomy class to run this morning. Ta-ta dears..."

With that, their dam flapped her wings and flew off to the University part of Canterlot...

The twins waved as she flew off, then turned to enter the doorway. Suddenly, a bunch of unicorn foals pushed them aside as they ran away.

"ooof! Rude much?" "Silly foals!"

The bay pegasi entered the room, with Hoss watching for Jubilee near the door.

Shanna spotted the Princess nearby, tending to a small unicorn foal "Oh! Hello Princess Cadence!"

Hoss did a double take, not realizing the princess was so close "OH! Um Good morning, Princess!"

sml_gallery_475_9_195.jpg

"Oh, I hope I'm not late!" Jubilee neighed as she flew down towards the Canterlot PR Office House. "I promised to meet my Hoss here and I know Princess Cadance will be there too! No time to land properly, I'm going in!"

The airborne petite blonde Pegasus turned to go into a 'power dive' towards the entrance. However, she slightly miscalculated and her right wing tapped the right side of the doorway as she flew in, causing the white furred mare to go into a tight spin before colliding into a wall. Shaking her head as her eyes briefly went 'derpy', she looked up at the Skybright twins.

"Oh! Hi Hoss and Shanna!" the dazed Pegasus neighed. "Why are there three of each of you? OH NO! CHANGELINGS! I have to defend the Princess!"

When Jubilee jumped to her hooved feet, she took a swing at one of the 'Hoss's' that wasn't there, spinning once more and landing on the floor once more. "I missed....."

"Well it's very nice to meet you Timid Star," Cadance replied with a reassuring pat on the colt's shoulder. "And don't worry, I'll have a guard escort you past the gate. A lot of them will do anything for the very same sandwich you're eating. In the meantime feel free to have some more food and drink, you're welcome to stay as long as you like." She grinned a little and turned back to Sweet Surprise, finally picking one of the offered chunks of fudge and taking a tender bite.

"Oh wow! This is amazing!" the princess exclaimed after swallowing. "It's so rich and flavorful! You said that you worked at Mr. Cocoa's shop here in Canterlot? Please give me directions before you go, I'll definitely be wanting to order some candy from you soon."

At that moment a pair of pegasi entered the ballroom, and one of them was Hoss, the pony Cadance had met at the Ambrosia Winds Cafe in Ponyville during its International Day event. Still munching on her latest bite of fudge, the alicorn waved a hoof in greeting while setting the rest of her treat on a plate. When they both gave their greetings, she bowed her head in return with a sincere smile.

"I'm so glad you both could make it! Things have certainly gotten more lively since early this morning. Make sure to grab some food and then come join in the conversation, we have all sorts of interesting friends for everypony to meet." A thought occurred to her. "Hoss, is Jubilee coming today? I mean she's usually with you, right?"

Cadance's answer came more quickly than she would have thought as the pegasus in question careened through the entrance and smashed into a wall. Jubilee stood with a very dazed look in her eyes, only to swipe at thin air and fall over again while shouting about changelings. With a look of both mild concern and amused resignation the royal mare stepped forward to offer a hoof to her friend.

"Are you alright Jubilee?" she asked with a giggle.

Sweet Surprise watched as Cadance tried the piece of fudge. She always loved to see the reaction on the pony's face. After hearing Cadance not only like the fudge but wanted an address, Sweet was delighted!

"I'm so glad you like it! I'll definitely give you the address, although it's not really hard to find. The shop looks like a giant gingerbread house. Hey, when your free, why don't you stop by? I can show you some of the other yummy treats I make!"

Suddenly a pegasus entered the room. She looked like something was wrong. maybe she was sick, or maybe she saw something. She then did a little kick in the air before falling to the floor.

"Oh hi there! Are you dancing?"

It was then the pegasus said the word "changeling." Sweet immediately had a scared look on her face as she began to frantically look around the room. Having been in Canterlot the day the changelings attacked, she was rightfully scared.

"Changelings? Where? Where are they?"

miraclebanner.png

Miracle inhaled the first offered piece of fudge, indefinitely. Miracle sprouted back up and maintained her proposal stance. "Can I have another!?"

Suddenly, she noticed a pegasus create quite a humorous scene involving the mentioning of changlings, the implication of protecting the princess, and kicking away a pony that wasn't there. This pony seemed dangerous. The kind of dangerous that scared mostly only Miracle. While others chuckled off the event, Miracle backed away with thoughts of doubt. Was today going to be another one of those days?

Miracle wasn't scared of changlings. No, not really. She was scared of everything. Anything and everything that posed a threat against her unlucky life that struck light in front of her face like Jubilee's burst was exactly the kind of thing Miracle always tried to avoid. Most of the time she felt she could sense these things. She couldn't sense this one though, and it triggered her to not only doubt her ability to detect true danger, but to make false accusations of near future fate in her mind as it related to her and everypony around her. Mostly her, though.

Miracle condensed her thoughts and rose to Sweet's attention again. "How about another!?"

"They are probably just waiting for me outside the gates..."`Strife overheard Timid say, turning to him, she knew him from somewhere, but couldn't quite lay her hoof on it ''I could walk you home, if you'd want'' she smiled at Timid ''also I like how you took care off that miss Cadence.''

(sorry short one)

((I'm going to wait just a little longer for a response, if not I'll go ahead and have Cadance answer the other posts :) ))

Timid looked up at the princess, his hazel eyes alight with contentment as she gave him a pat on the shoulder. "You are right. They probably would do the same for this delectable sandwich. I appreciate the offer of an escort outside the gates but since I was illegally imprisoned once in the adults dungeon by guards who hurt beat me up in the arrest and kicked my dog into a wall...", he replied as he shuddered at the memory. "I hope you understand my concern and fears.", he added respectfully as he looked at Strife when she offered to walk him home.

As the princess turned her attention to Sweet and 3 new ponies entered the room, Timid replied, "Wait a minute.... You are that guardsmare from before. When I was imprisoned for something I didn't do. Strife, right?". He tried his best to remain calm and civil but his nerves were starting to get the better of him as he started to quiver and nervously wolfed down the plate of food he was holding. He then heard the yellow Pegasus say something about changelings and it pushed Timid over the edge into panic. He ran and hid inside a potted plant, his eyes peering from behind the fronds of the fern.

Sweet was too busy worrying about changelings that she almost didn't hear Miracle's request for a piece of fudge. She gave Miracle one, but then resumed looking about for the changelings. There was no changeling in sight, but then again they were known to change their appearance.

Uh oh! Now she didn't know who to trust! Any one of them could be a changeling. She started backing up, until she bumped into another pony.

Jubilee'd eyes and mind were starting to clear up. She looked up and saw Princess Cadance looking down at her, asking if she was alright. Suddenly, the realization came to her: Jubilee had 'crash landed' in front of royalty and had made a fool of herself. Immediately, the petite blonde Pegasus mare got to her four feet and then gracefully bowed before the pony Princess.

"Please forgive me, your highness," Jubilee said sadly, "I am alright but I must apologize for my rude entrance and for frightening your guests. If you wanted me to leave now, I would understand."

Tears began to flow from her eyes as she stood bowed, waiting for an answer from the Princess.

It was always a rarity that Quantum Flux would want to leave her laboratory and her research. Even more unusual was her willing arrival at any sort of high class event or even common get-together. The unicorn was a mare of solitude and knowledge and found such things to be rather frivolous wastes of time when there were discoveries to be made. However, based on word of mouth (though it was really only repeated instistances by Torvus) and the scattered posters she had been about the city, this was an occasion where knowledge would be found. So, quite against norm, the white unicorn made her way up to Canterlot Castle for the CRPR Open House.

She shuffled her hooves slightly outside the ballroom that she had been told would house the event. Flux wasn't one to get cold feet, but she was second guessing this particular decision. Though not given to nervousness, this was the royal house of Canterlot that she was dealing with. With authority over the entire kingdom of Equestria and ponies of great magical power as well, nopony could really blame the unicorn for hesitating. However, it was only a fleeting concern and as it passed, the unicorn stepped onto the threshold of the ballroom.

She surveyed it carefully, trying to pick out exactly what she should be doing her in her quest for knowledge. She knew only very basically what the CRPR was responsible for and actually did in Equestria, and only that though careful study of the limited texts on the subject. Logically, she assumed it would be best to speak with the pony in charge. Flux trotted in hesitantly, more wandering than purposefully moving forward. She caught glimpses of several ponies, but none were familiar to her. The unicorn didn'tlet that bother her much, however, and she continued to scan the room for somepony who might know who she should tak to.

While she wasn't keeping her eyes forward, an earth pony bumped into her. Startled, Flux looked down at her in surprise. The mare had a fairly worried look which seemed out of place in the crowd. More confused than actually annoyed or inconvenienced, she began, "Oh, my apologies. I wasn't looking where I was headed. Are you alright?"