[Sweet Apple Acres] 100 Country Kisses (Closed. NO Kisses Left)

Hippo

"Magazine articles, eh?"  Feng raised his eyebrows, stealing a quick glance back at the Prince.  "Well, I cannot say that I am surprised.  Even our local periodicals disproportionately feature him, as opposed to the other royal siblings.  He has a way of handling publicity that makes it look very natural and easy; I suppose I could stand to learn that, now that I'm becoming somewhat famous here myself!"  He grinned, though his smile faltered a bit as a realization hit him.  "Hm, but this newfound notoriety is going to make covert jobs all that much more difficult..."

Not that they had ever been his forte, now that he thought about it.  Most of his successful assignments as a Watcher were all public-facing, being conspicuous as a guard to the Empress, and a first responder to any crises involving her, by reason of proximity.  In truth, he was a glorified guard, enhanced by the training and skill the Watchers had given him, but bound by the restrictions of his oath, meant to restrain the wills of those who regularly moved in dark places.  But if his place was in the light, especially the limelight, was it truly as a Watcher that he would best serve Empress Yue?

Something to consider, and discuss with her when he got home.  But that would come later!  Now was the time for apples, and for kisses.  Digging into his pouch, he pulled out five bits and placed them on the counter.  At that point, inspiration struck, and he reached back into his pouch for another coin, this time a bronze disc with a square hole in the middle, with Long Guo writing stamped in the surrounding space.  "A gift for your couisin; thought it would be nice for her to have something to remember me by."  He gave Applejack a wink.  "And now, here's something for you to remember me by..."

Leaning over the counter, he reached a hoof around to pull Applejack into a light embrace, holding her for the duration of the kiss.  A relatively chaste one, but one that pressed in close enough for the subtle differences between the muzzles of an earth pony and a longma to be felt.  "Mm, that was quite nice.  I wonder which of these apples tastes the most like you?"

• Like 1

5HbB79Q.png

The Iron Longma did express some trepidation about his ability to keep his covert activities covert. Well, he was a Longma and he would always stick out in Equestria. Beyond that- well, Applejack loved her fellow Equestrians something fierce but that didn't mean she was blind to their very large blind spots. "Feng, let me tell you something. Y'all know mah friends an' Ah have saved Equestria so many times that Ah've lost count. But y'all'n know how many times Ah've been so much as recognized bah ponies who ain't kin or from this town?" She said expectantly, before nodding her head and smiling. "So don't worry about it. If'n it ain't a marriage, nopony'll know," she said with a wink. And it was true, she got recognized more since her engagement to Rainbow was announced than any time previous, so it wasn't like she was pumping him full of gas.

Feng himself wasn't full of gas either, and gave Applejack a Long Guo coin, bronze with a square hole. At first he was gonna ask why he was giving her currency she couldn't really spend but then it became clear that this was a memento for her cousin. Huh? Well, she wasn't here to get in the middle of any transnational flirting, though she was a bit worried about whether ot not it was appropriate for an Imperial Guard to be flirting with Moonlight. "Ahh shucks, Ah reckon she'll like that plenty. Thank ya kindly!" She said as she filed it away in her saddlebag, making a mental note to flip it on over to Moonlight later.

And with that, the kiss. It was good and strong but also respectful without being distant or rude. It was practiced and charming but not really the mark of a passion play. That suited Applejack just fine. She might not have liked those that seemed hesitant but one too many highly aggressive kisses could come across as being rude. Not a problem with Feng. "Not bad yerself, sugarcube," she said as she pulled back and laughed, wiping her mouth clean. His snout had also been a bit ticklish but not in the bad way. He asked her what variety her lips tastes like, and she gave it deep thought. Perhaps too deep.

"Hmm...hmmm...well, Ah reckon Ah'm pretty sweet, like an Empire. 'Course you gotta make sure ta not let it go to waste. It don't keep well so maybe that don't fit it just right. Ah'd like ta think mah kisses hold just right. I tend to go quick and sharp for a kiss and Ah've been told that Ah don't give much ground, very firm. That sounds like a Granny Smith ta me. But I am pretty open with mah kisses too, so it ain't like its hard ta get. Kinda like a Gala apple. Boy, them Gala apples sell so well year 'round! Ah ain't perfect though. Cortlands taste mighty fine, like me Ah suppose, but it tends ta die off quicker. Ah've kissed so many today that it could be true of mah kisses, too."

Her eyes furrowed as she looked up, going over the facts and figures again.

"...But then you gotta store Granny Smith's..." She started up again before shaking her head, resetting her stetson, and smiling. "Who am I kiddin'? Out of these here, its gotta be the Galas. That's what Ah use ta make mah applejack, and Ah'm Applejack! Well, that and Pink Ladies but Ah'm plum outta them."

*Feng Yinhaitao*

Spoiler

6 Kisses left!
95. Feng Yinhaitao
96. Sunset Shimmer
97. Yanhua
98. Prince Lian
99. Moonlight Glitter

Next up

Kissed
1-10

Spoiler

1. Carrot Fields :smug:
2. Reno Golucky
3. Lore Weaver
4. Dunder Blust :?
5. Gentle Sol
6. Flam watapplejackbyfelixkotd.png
7. Starburst :?
8. Astral :smug:
9. Flim watapplejackbyfelixkotd.png
10. Silverbolt :smug:

11-20

Spoiler

11. Klondike :smug:
12. Lyra Heartstrings
13. Donut "Pony" Joe
14. Rarity ajscreen.png;)
15. Pigpen :smug:
16. Cherry Jubilee :?
17. Misty Morning :smug:
18. Pathfinder :?
19. Earth Writer :smug:
20. Thorn

21-30

Spoiler

21. Metal Maker :smug:
22. Twilight Shine
23. Opal Shards
24. Bon Bon
25. Electric Vibe :smug:ajscreen.png
26. Princess Luna
27. Guiding Light
28. Mythos Gray
29. Harrington Sleuth
30. Pumpkin Cake

31-40

Spoiler

31. Inkwell
32. Pinkie Pie :smirk:
33. Star Storm :smug:
34. Master Mustang
35. Parhelion
36. Prime Meridian
37. Razor
38. Dr. Spin Tale
39. Professor Ashen Smirk
40. Quiet Harmony

41-50

Spoiler

41. Ice Storm
42. Heart Line
43. Pocket Change
44. Sugar Rush
45. Moonstone II
46. Valen Orange
47. Mojo
48. Trixie :shifty:
49. Princess Twilight Sparkle
50. Zelda

51-60

Spoiler

51. Curiosity Sparks
52. Flash Sentry
53. Gadget
54. Professor Clyde Krashkop
55. Carrot Top
56. Presteza
57. Prince Blueblood
58. Princess Celestia :Celest:
59. Princess Cadance
60. Ruby Pinch

61-70

Spoiler

61. Berry Punch
62. Fluttershy
63. Red Cedar
64. Night Glider
65. Granola Gracie
66. Cheerilee
67. Fast Track
68. Fire Walker
69. Sky Sailing
70. Gideon

71-80

Spoiler

71. Mint Zest
72. Discord
73. Rune Writer
74. Rainbow Dash <3
75. Tai
76. Detached Cable
77. Ejaz
78. Boulder Dash
79. Chipper Demise
80. Dusty

81-90

Spoiler

81. Princess Blueblood
82. Swift Squall
83. Mythic Visions
84. Starlight Glimmer
85. Countess Coloratura
86. Naj
87. Tempest Shadow
88. Silverstream
89. Smolder
90. Grubber

91-100

Spoiler

Spoiler

91. Candy Cain
92. Spike
93. Stellar Drift
94. Tiger

Feng Banner.png

Applejack went unrecognized?  That was... an interesting bit of information.  In Feng's own estimations, though, that probably had more to do with Applejack's not-unusual appearance than her country's mental density.  No disrespect to the mare's looks, but there were a lot of pretty ponies in Equestria.  Far less athletic longma.  

He smiled at the assessment of his kissing skills, grateful that his lack of practice (so far) had not made him unworthy of any target of his affections.  Of course, the Empress might have higher standards, but realistically, Applejack had just kissed more stallions and mares today than Yu Yue had her entire life.  Hers was an expert opinion, and it was favorable.  "Haha, well, I'll be sure to try all the apples I've got, and I'll make that judgment call myself.  Zàijiàn, Applejack!"  And with a bow, he took his apples, picking out a shiny looking one to snack on while he waited for Yanhua to pick hers up.

5HbB79Q.png

The Iron Langma got his apples, or Yanhuas or somesuch, and started to make his way out. Heh, he was a good one to have along for the day. It was always good to see ponies big and tall and foreign folk with all their good quality and nature crowding her stand. "Y'all have a good'n, Feng. Don't be a stranger! Well, as much as you can't be, considerin'," she snorted with a deep laugh, waving him goodbye. "Don't cause too many hearts ta melt, sugar!" She said as he left, happy and content to have gotten him exactly what he wanted as best as she could. And with that, the Iron Longma was gone and Applejack's line was both shorter and considerably less athletic than before.

This was it. This was the final stretch. Only five ponies were left in line. So much had happened today, but in the end it had been a blur. And every quad of hooves that came waltzing up here had been special in its own way, from the heartwarming to the silly to the nervous to the confident. And she was sure they would end it on a good note. She went about cleaning off the stand once more, ensuring that the final stretch wouldn't come away with anything but the best experience. She checked her stock of apples by habit at this point. She still had a healthy supply, one that would take her over the finish line. All that was left was the kissing, or so the saying went.

"Next on up!"  

*Sunset Shimmer*

Spoiler

5 Kisses left!
96. Sunset Shimmer
97. Yanhua
98. Prince Lian
99. Moonlight Glitter

Next up

Kissed
1-10

Spoiler

2. Reno Golucky
3. Lore Weaver
5. Gentle Sol

11-20

Spoiler

12. Lyra Heartstrings
13. Donut "Pony" Joe
20. Thorn

21-30

Spoiler

22. Twilight Shine
23. Opal Shards
24. Bon Bon
26. Princess Luna
27. Guiding Light
28. Mythos Gray
29. Harrington Sleuth
30. Pumpkin Cake

31-40

Spoiler

31. Inkwell
34. Master Mustang
35. Parhelion
36. Prime Meridian
37. Razor
38. Dr. Spin Tale
40. Quiet Harmony

41-50

Spoiler

41. Ice Storm
42. Heart Line
43. Pocket Change
44. Sugar Rush
45. Moonstone II
46. Valen Orange
47. Mojo
50. Zelda

51-60

Spoiler

51. Curiosity Sparks
52. Flash Sentry
53. Gadget
55. Carrot Top
56. Presteza
57. Prince Blueblood
59. Princess Cadance
60. Ruby Pinch

61-70

Spoiler

61. Berry Punch
62. Fluttershy
63. Red Cedar
64. Night Glider
65. Granola Gracie
66. Cheerilee
67. Fast Track
68. Fire Walker
69. Sky Sailing
70. Gideon

71-80

Spoiler

71. Mint Zest
72. Discord
73. Rune Writer
74. Rainbow Dash <3
75. Tai
76. Detached Cable
77. Ejaz
78. Boulder Dash
79. Chipper Demise
80. Dusty

81-90

Spoiler

81. Princess Blueblood
82. Swift Squall
83. Mythic Visions
84. Starlight Glimmer
85. Countess Coloratura
86. Naj
87. Tempest Shadow
88. Silverstream
89. Smolder
90. Grubber

91-100

Spoiler

Spoiler

91. Candy Cain
92. Spike
93. Stellar Drift
94. Tiger

c8p5g1R.png?1

Being lost in thought, it took Sunset Shimmer a few moments to realize her turn to step up had finally come. “Ohh, uhhh,” the unicorn stammered as she adjusted her mental bearings; “Hello, Applejack. Whatever types of apples you’ve got left are fine by me. Preferably those suited for snacking instead of baking.” Miss Shimmer might not spend all that much time in the company of her fellow friendship professor in this world, but a little bit of apple facts taught by Applejack’s counterpart Over There HAD managed to rub off onto Sunset.....

jGtW6Iv.png

5HbB79Q.png

If it wasn't Sunset Shimmer! What a treat. Applejack had the pleasure of meeting all sorts of great and powerful critters, creatures, cretins and otherwise in her day and she knew for a fact that Sunset Shimmer was easily one of the most interesting. While she walked up to this stand on all four Applejack knew she spent her time just on two. What a cool thing that was to come from a different dimension! Applejack would have been flabbergasted at the very idea and maybe even a little scared but a few years ago. Since then she had the pleasure of meeting an alternate version of herself along with venturing into other dimensions herself. It wasn't so strange anymore, and it only piqued her naturally curious nature. Of course, too curious a nature and you got your leg caught in a caterpillar trap and that was more embarrassing than anything else. She reckoned she'd keep questions that were a mite too silly out of her mouth just this once.

"Howdy there Sunset! Fancy seeing you here. How's tha two-legged life treatin' ya?" She asked, immediately failing the little test she had set for herself. Well, it was the thought that counted, right? Besides, it wasn't everyday you got to talk to a pony who was a bipedal 'human' thing and then was a pony again. Applejack knew that it had to be a mite interesting. Of course she forgot what it was that Sunset did for a living. Knowing her, probably a police officer. She looked good in a leather jacket and it seemed like most modern detectives liked leather jackets. "One bushel, comin' right up! Y'all strike me as a Fuji eater," she said off-hoofedly, digging into her final batch of Fuji apples for the evening.

*Sunset Shimmer*

Spoiler

5 Kisses left!
96. Sunset Shimmer
97. Yanhua
98. Prince Lian
99. Moonlight Glitter

Next up

Kissed
1-10

Spoiler

2. Reno Golucky
3. Lore Weaver
5. Gentle Sol

11-20

Spoiler

12. Lyra Heartstrings
13. Donut "Pony" Joe
20. Thorn

21-30

Spoiler

22. Twilight Shine
23. Opal Shards
24. Bon Bon
26. Princess Luna
27. Guiding Light
28. Mythos Gray
29. Harrington Sleuth
30. Pumpkin Cake

31-40

Spoiler

31. Inkwell
34. Master Mustang
35. Parhelion
36. Prime Meridian
37. Razor
38. Dr. Spin Tale
40. Quiet Harmony

41-50

Spoiler

41. Ice Storm
42. Heart Line
43. Pocket Change
44. Sugar Rush
45. Moonstone II
46. Valen Orange
47. Mojo
50. Zelda

51-60

Spoiler

51. Curiosity Sparks
52. Flash Sentry
53. Gadget
55. Carrot Top
56. Presteza
57. Prince Blueblood
59. Princess Cadance
60. Ruby Pinch

61-70

Spoiler

61. Berry Punch
62. Fluttershy
63. Red Cedar
64. Night Glider
65. Granola Gracie
66. Cheerilee
67. Fast Track
68. Fire Walker
69. Sky Sailing
70. Gideon

71-80

Spoiler

71. Mint Zest
72. Discord
73. Rune Writer
74. Rainbow Dash <3
75. Tai
76. Detached Cable
77. Ejaz
78. Boulder Dash
79. Chipper Demise
80. Dusty

81-90

Spoiler

81. Princess Blueblood
82. Swift Squall
83. Mythic Visions
84. Starlight Glimmer
85. Countess Coloratura
86. Naj
87. Tempest Shadow
88. Silverstream
89. Smolder
90. Grubber

91-100

Spoiler

Spoiler

91. Candy Cain
92. Spike
93. Stellar Drift
94. Tiger

RRhqIJw.png

Sunset Shimmer was a little bit curious that the pony Applejack knew of her double-life as a human, but thought little else of it. Twilight probably must have told them all about the Mirror World by now, and how Sunset resided there. “Mmmm, it’s going alright!” the unicorn engaged with AJ’s small talk; “I’m guessing you had good business today?”

As Miss Shimmer was levitating her five bits on the counter in advance, Pony AJ selected Fuji apples, which Sunny happily endorsed; “Yep, those will do nicely!” Guess all that was left to do was that kiss-promotion thingy, and then she’ll be off with her apples.....

jGtW6Iv.png

5HbB79Q.png

Sunset Shimmer seemed like a pretty cool customer, not at all befitting such a fiery name. She even seemed like the type of mare who cared more about her friends and what hey had going on than herself, which was always a good signal. "Woo-wee! It sure has been a big day for business. Why, Ah've sold well over a hundred bushels of apples an' it ain't even over yet. And it was set up within a day! Ta reckon mahself with tha idea this was all Apple Bloom's idea. Ah was't sure a pony would even show up ta this here shindig, all ta kiss me? Ha! Well, take mah orchard an' call me a liar if this here event hasn't just been a hit," she said confidently as she went searching for some Fujis.

She had enough for this bushel. Then no more Fujis for anypony else! "Fuji it is," she said as she pushed the bushel over and then gave a tip of her stetson. "Five bits and a kiss, here I come-" she started confidently, then her eyes shot up quizzically and with a small amount of concern. "Wait, do y'all kiss on tha other side? Is that a weird thing for ya now? Or do you...touch them finger things together or somesuch?" She said as she wiggled her hooves to the best of her abilities. She was trying to be- whats the word- oh yeah, culturally sensitive. Or dimensionally sensitive in this case. She didn't want to leave this mare off with the wrong idea now, did she?

*Sunset Shimmer*

Spoiler

5 Kisses left!
96. Sunset Shimmer
97. Yanhua
98. Prince Lian
99. Moonlight Glitter

Next up

Kissed
1-10

Spoiler

2. Reno Golucky
3. Lore Weaver
5. Gentle Sol

11-20

Spoiler

12. Lyra Heartstrings
13. Donut "Pony" Joe
20. Thorn

21-30

Spoiler

22. Twilight Shine
23. Opal Shards
24. Bon Bon
26. Princess Luna
27. Guiding Light
28. Mythos Gray
29. Harrington Sleuth
30. Pumpkin Cake

31-40

Spoiler

31. Inkwell
34. Master Mustang
35. Parhelion
36. Prime Meridian
37. Razor
38. Dr. Spin Tale
40. Quiet Harmony

41-50

Spoiler

41. Ice Storm
42. Heart Line
43. Pocket Change
44. Sugar Rush
45. Moonstone II
46. Valen Orange
47. Mojo
50. Zelda

51-60

Spoiler

51. Curiosity Sparks
52. Flash Sentry
53. Gadget
55. Carrot Top
56. Presteza
57. Prince Blueblood
59. Princess Cadance
60. Ruby Pinch

61-70

Spoiler

61. Berry Punch
62. Fluttershy
63. Red Cedar
64. Night Glider
65. Granola Gracie
66. Cheerilee
67. Fast Track
68. Fire Walker
69. Sky Sailing
70. Gideon

71-80

Spoiler

71. Mint Zest
72. Discord
73. Rune Writer
74. Rainbow Dash <3
75. Tai
76. Detached Cable
77. Ejaz
78. Boulder Dash
79. Chipper Demise
80. Dusty

81-90

Spoiler

81. Princess Blueblood
82. Swift Squall
83. Mythic Visions
84. Starlight Glimmer
85. Countess Coloratura
86. Naj
87. Tempest Shadow
88. Silverstream
89. Smolder
90. Grubber

91-100

Spoiler

Spoiler

91. Candy Cain
92. Spike
93. Stellar Drift
94. Tiger
95. Feng Yinhaitao

• Like 1

d3J1Zmi.png

Watching Applejack kiss Feng was not an easy thing for this cook. It was especially tough seeing how long it went.. and how very deep it seemed to get. She couldn't help but wonder when Feng became such a playcolt. As she searched her memory she couldn't help but feel more and more jealous as she remembered all those looks he would so often receive. While externally she looked calm and cheery as always. Some territorial instinct was brewing in her, stoking some fire in her belly. A fire that was both figurative and literal. A couple strands of smoke seemed to flow from her nostrils as she gave out a frustrated sigh. Something a certain prince nearby might have noticed. 

It took a second before Yanhua noticed. Once she had her eyes momentarily widened and she would fan the smoke away from her muzzle until it dissipated on the wind. 

The Chef cleared her throat for a moment and gave Feng a smile, "That was... very impressive, Feng. Have you been practicing somewhere when I wasn't looking?" She asked as she watched the stallion taking his apples up. She wasn't about to break the line to grab hers so she was going to stick around while she could. 

• Like 2
  • Hearthoof 1

Feng Banner 2.png

Biting into his selected apple, Feng savored the crispy sweetness of the aptly-named honeycrisp, blissfully unaware of the dangerous question lobbed his way by Yanhua.  The mental granade more or less bounced off the helmet of his obliviousness, as he gave an accurate, one-word answer.  "Dreams."  He said, not without a touch of melancholy.  Desires deferred in real life do manifest themselves in the dreamlands, and when very strongly felt, recurringly.  A stallion subjected to mental discipline and loyalty to the Empress in his formative years could be expected to dream of her in any case; as his dreams became more lucid... frankly, he was indulging his fantasies.  Perhaps not in the healthiest way. and to be fair, on some level he knew it.  *One way or the other, I have to get out of this holding pattern and onto solid ground.*

• Like 2

c8p5g1R.png?1

Sunset Shimmer subtly rolled her eyes as Applejack suddenly backed away and started asking questions about the way humans kissed, but otherwise did her best to maintain composure. The unicorn just wanted to get this part over with, but she didn’t want to be rude about it either. “It... doesn’t really matter, Sunset awkwardly shrugged off AJ’s worries; “Humans do it pretty the same way as ponies, anyway.” The amber mare sighed, her impatience starting to show; “Look, just plant one on the forehead, and that’ll do fine.....”

jGtW6Iv.png

5HbB79Q.png

She didn't quite cotton to the whole reason why Sunset seemed a little on edge, but she reckoned to just chalking it up to being a little put off by Applejack's curious nature. Applejack had just meant to be polite and hadn't meant any offense but figured that Sunset Shimmer may just be one of those types of creatures who got ticked a little easy like. No real sin though, no skin off of Applejack's flank either. They all had their own ways of going about life and was sure that this was just not the best first impression she coulda made. She'd try to do better the next time. She smiled. "Alright there ponygirl, we'll get it goin'," she said with a smirk before she pulled Sunset Shimmer in for a big, strong kiss.

She allowed it to linger a moment extra before release, just to give her something to remember pony Applejack by. "Ah hope Ah lived up ta all yer hopes and dreams, sugarcube," she winked as she released the Equestria girl. Applejack took stock of what was left and ws excited to have been able to meet and greet Sunset Shimmer before this event was over. Once you locked lips with somepony it was easy as pie to broach just about any other subject, and that sort of openness and honesty was part and parcel of any great friendship.

*Sunset Shimmer*

Spoiler

4 Kisses left!
97. Yanhua
98. Prince Lian
99. Moonlight Glitter

Next up

Kissed
1-10

Spoiler

2. Reno Golucky
3. Lore Weaver
5. Gentle Sol

11-20

Spoiler

12. Lyra Heartstrings
13. Donut "Pony" Joe
20. Thorn

21-30

Spoiler

22. Twilight Shine
23. Opal Shards
24. Bon Bon
26. Princess Luna
27. Guiding Light
28. Mythos Gray
29. Harrington Sleuth
30. Pumpkin Cake

31-40

Spoiler

31. Inkwell
34. Master Mustang
35. Parhelion
36. Prime Meridian
37. Razor
38. Dr. Spin Tale
40. Quiet Harmony

41-50

Spoiler

41. Ice Storm
42. Heart Line
43. Pocket Change
44. Sugar Rush
45. Moonstone II
46. Valen Orange
47. Mojo
50. Zelda

51-60

Spoiler

51. Curiosity Sparks
52. Flash Sentry
53. Gadget
55. Carrot Top
56. Presteza
57. Prince Blueblood
59. Princess Cadance
60. Ruby Pinch

61-70

Spoiler

61. Berry Punch
62. Fluttershy
63. Red Cedar
64. Night Glider
65. Granola Gracie
66. Cheerilee
67. Fast Track
68. Fire Walker
69. Sky Sailing
70. Gideon

71-80

Spoiler

71. Mint Zest
72. Discord
73. Rune Writer
74. Rainbow Dash <3
75. Tai
76. Detached Cable
77. Ejaz
78. Boulder Dash
79. Chipper Demise
80. Dusty

81-90

Spoiler

81. Princess Blueblood
82. Swift Squall
83. Mythic Visions
84. Starlight Glimmer
85. Countess Coloratura
86. Naj
87. Tempest Shadow
88. Silverstream
89. Smolder
90. Grubber

91-100

Spoiler

Spoiler

91. Candy Cain
92. Spike
93. Stellar Drift
94. Tiger
95. Feng Yinhaitao
96. Sunset Shimmer

• Hearthoof 1

c8p5g1R.png?1

Well, uhh..... that kiss from Applejack was... something? Sunset Shimmer didn’t think it needed to be as forceful as it ended up being, but whatever. It was AJ’s sales promotion, her rules. Regardless, the earth pony clearly didn’t have a good read on the unicorn’s mood if she was saying stuff about fulfilling hopes and dreams.

“Oh yeah, sure.....” Sunset awkwardly replied, not bothering with the pleasantries or even maintaining a veneer of forced enthusiasm. “I don’t wanna’ keep the other folks in line waiting, so uh, have a nice day... yeaaaaah..... And with that, Miss Shimmer hastily levitated her filled bushel basket and made a beeline back to town as fast as she could manage.

.......Hopes and dreams? Really??? Was this Applejack so dense she couldn’t recognize when a pony didn’t give a hoot? No offense, but for now, Sunset Shimmer would stick with the Applejack she knew best, even though she lived on a different multiversial plane of existence.....

*EXIT SUNSET SHIMMER*

jGtW6Iv.png

• Like 1

5HbB79Q.png

Well, she was a bit of a grump. She thought she hid it but she didn't hide her emotions very well. Oh well. You weren't gonna be friends with everypony, or everyhuman for that matter, and that was fine. She seemed like she meant well. Just a bit awkward. Maybe she wasn't used to being four legged again? Applejack didn't know. She wanted to get to know the mare better but reckoned that it may just be two stars passing by in the night with nary a wink or a nod shared between them. "Y'all be havin' yerself a great day there, ponygirl!" She waved the mare off before sighing. Another kiss, another bushel, another one bit the dust! Or kissed the dust. She wasn't always great at analogies that weren't countryisms.

Speaking of, she was happier than two pigs in the slop as she realized how close she was to being done. She was putting all of her personable nature on display and ina vulerable state to press it even further and had been rewarded with cascading success the whole day. When it came down to it though, she was getting tired! She checked her sock out of habit. Almost out, but enough to see her through. She wiped off the counter, took a drink of water, an yawned big and wide and happy. When she was all settled in she looked out over the barren line and smiled. Time to seal the deal on this great day!
"Next on up!"

*Yanhua*

Spoiler

4 Kisses left!
97. Yanhua
98. Prince Lian
99. Moonlight Glitter

Next up

Kissed
1-10

Spoiler

2. Reno Golucky
3. Lore Weaver
5. Gentle Sol

11-20

Spoiler

12. Lyra Heartstrings
13. Donut "Pony" Joe
20. Thorn

21-30

Spoiler

22. Twilight Shine
23. Opal Shards
24. Bon Bon
26. Princess Luna
27. Guiding Light
28. Mythos Gray
29. Harrington Sleuth
30. Pumpkin Cake

31-40

Spoiler

31. Inkwell
34. Master Mustang
35. Parhelion
36. Prime Meridian
37. Razor
38. Dr. Spin Tale
40. Quiet Harmony

41-50

Spoiler

41. Ice Storm
42. Heart Line
43. Pocket Change
44. Sugar Rush
45. Moonstone II
46. Valen Orange
47. Mojo
50. Zelda

51-60

Spoiler

51. Curiosity Sparks
52. Flash Sentry
53. Gadget
55. Carrot Top
56. Presteza
57. Prince Blueblood
59. Princess Cadance
60. Ruby Pinch

61-70

Spoiler

61. Berry Punch
62. Fluttershy
63. Red Cedar
64. Night Glider
65. Granola Gracie
66. Cheerilee
67. Fast Track
68. Fire Walker
69. Sky Sailing
70. Gideon

71-80

Spoiler

71. Mint Zest
72. Discord
73. Rune Writer
74. Rainbow Dash <3
75. Tai
76. Detached Cable
77. Ejaz
78. Boulder Dash
79. Chipper Demise
80. Dusty

81-90

Spoiler

81. Princess Blueblood
82. Swift Squall
83. Mythic Visions
84. Starlight Glimmer
85. Countess Coloratura
86. Naj
87. Tempest Shadow
88. Silverstream
89. Smolder
90. Grubber

91-100

Spoiler

Spoiler

91. Candy Cain
92. Spike
93. Stellar Drift
94. Tiger
95. Feng Yinhaitao
96. Sunset Shimmer

d3J1Zmi.png

In some ways Yanhua was thankful for Feng's short and undetailed reply. While she could put two and two together to realize that it was likely the empress in his dreams that tutored him in his ... Kissing practice?  At least she didn't need to hear it be confirmed.  Rather than dwelling on Feng's imagination she would turn her attention back to the kissing booth as Feng enjoyed his selected apple.

She couldn't help but be impressed by the how deep the kiss between Applejack and Sunset had become. It was almost uncomfortable to watch. Recalling that Sunset had some unresolve romantics issues of her own... Yanhua figured it might be wise to see how her fiery friend felt about it afterwards. Based on that awkward and expedient exit, Yanhua would be assuming:  Not well. Any further pondering about the state of her friends would be put on hold as she heard the mare in charge call out for the next in line. The empty space in front of sure wasn't going to kiss anypony, So Yanhua stepped up to the kissing stand. 

The qilin shaped yokai dipped her head in greeting, "Um... Good afternoon. I was looking to buy a few apples best for baking. Do you have any Braeburns, Granny Smiths, Honey crisps, or Jonagolds available by the bushel?"

• Like 2

5HbB79Q.png

Next on up was a qilin! She was always happy to see them waltzing up to her stand. They were a pleasant sort and they reminded her of Autumn Blaze, a kirin whom she was friendly enough with to miss not seeing. This one seemed all the more demure for recent activities and Applejack was gonna make sure she had herself one heck of a time today. This sale wasn't just about selling apples but it had turned into selling an experience and she was plum happy to have so many creatures come out, including this one. She asked for some good baking apples and listed off some varieties, so that was nice. She knew what style of apple she wanted and Applejack liked that in a mare! "Howdy there. What's yer name, sugarcube?" She asked as she started going through what she had. Out of some things, had other options. It all depended on what she was looking for in an apple.

"Hmm, well Ah reckon Ah still have mahself about a bushel left of Jonagolds. Whatcha bakin'? Ah might have a recommendation for ya," Applejack said as she started gathering the Jonagolds. If she were after a Pie or a Crisp, the Jonagold was perfect. A streusel tart and a cake too- never could have enough Jonagolds for that. But the other varieties had their baking strengths too and she would be remiss in her duties if she didn't try to lay out all the options as she saw them.  Especially when it came to baking. Almost any apple was a good eating apple but not all of them were just right for every baking job. There was as many apples as there were ideas on how to make them them after all!

*Yanhua*

Spoiler

4 Kisses left!
97. Yanhua
98. Prince Lian
99. Moonlight Glitter

Next up

Kissed
1-10

Spoiler

2. Reno Golucky
3. Lore Weaver
5. Gentle Sol

11-20

Spoiler

12. Lyra Heartstrings
13. Donut "Pony" Joe
20. Thorn

21-30

Spoiler

22. Twilight Shine
23. Opal Shards
24. Bon Bon
26. Princess Luna
27. Guiding Light
28. Mythos Gray
29. Harrington Sleuth
30. Pumpkin Cake

31-40

Spoiler

31. Inkwell
34. Master Mustang
35. Parhelion
36. Prime Meridian
37. Razor
38. Dr. Spin Tale
40. Quiet Harmony

41-50

Spoiler

41. Ice Storm
42. Heart Line
43. Pocket Change
44. Sugar Rush
45. Moonstone II
46. Valen Orange
47. Mojo
50. Zelda

51-60

Spoiler

51. Curiosity Sparks
52. Flash Sentry
53. Gadget
55. Carrot Top
56. Presteza
57. Prince Blueblood
59. Princess Cadance
60. Ruby Pinch

61-70

Spoiler

61. Berry Punch
62. Fluttershy
63. Red Cedar
64. Night Glider
65. Granola Gracie
66. Cheerilee
67. Fast Track
68. Fire Walker
69. Sky Sailing
70. Gideon

71-80

Spoiler

71. Mint Zest
72. Discord
73. Rune Writer
74. Rainbow Dash <3
75. Tai
76. Detached Cable
77. Ejaz
78. Boulder Dash
79. Chipper Demise
80. Dusty

81-90

Spoiler

81. Princess Blueblood
82. Swift Squall
83. Mythic Visions
84. Starlight Glimmer
85. Countess Coloratura
86. Naj
87. Tempest Shadow
88. Silverstream
89. Smolder
90. Grubber

91-100

Spoiler

Spoiler

91. Candy Cain
92. Spike
93. Stellar Drift
94. Tiger
95. Feng Yinhaitao
96. Sunset Shimmer

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Lián couldn't help but to chuckle quietly to himself. Hardly surprised by Feng's...hmm. Passion would be the right word. He hardly seemed the type to ever do anything by halves. Who knows how long the longma had been practicing in secret for the day to put those lips of his into action. Ancestor know Lián had done much the same. Fools in love, they say. Or perhaps that was just how Feng was. Without firsthoof experience in the matter, the prince would never know for sure.

But Maple wasn't on the menu today. Apples were.

For now the prince would quietly wait his turn in line as Sunset's came and went, and Yanhua stepped her turn up next. Who knows, perhaps next year Applejack could have the whole royal retinue under her proverbial belt. Conspiracy theorists would have a right field day with that one, he was certain. Having drawn closer with the line's movement, the young prince finally managed to see Apple Bloom from the corner of his eye. How long had she been watching in line, he wondered? Long enough to know he was there, Lián was certain. The qilin would give her a wave and friendly wink.

• Like 1

d3J1Zmi.png

When greeted and asked her name, Yanhua initially responded with a polite little bow of her head. There was still a tinge of jealousy lingering in her soul that she simply couldn't shake, but she buried it down in order to give a polite introduction. "It is good to meet you, Miss Applejack. I am Yanhua, a chef from Long Guo." She brought her head back up with that smile still keep her eyes shut to slivers, "A better question would be what aren't I baking. I had planned to work on a bit of everything while I had to opportunity to work with Equestrian Apples. The one's I'm used to in Long Guo are a bit different and as a culinarian I hope to experiment and learn further."

As she talked she tried to keep her mind away from the thoughts of moments previous before, eventually realizing  just where she'd seen the orange pony before. "I recall your performances in the Iron pony competition. I understand why you are one of Equestria's heroes." Hanabi hadn't gotten involved in too many of the Iron pony events. The only ones she had she had actually won to her surprise. Well, the only ones that really surprised her was her conquest of the climbing wall, There was little chance she was going to end up losing an eating competition. Her stomach had been what originally led her to long guo after all. 

• Like 1

5HbB79Q.png

It took a moment for the name to register with Applejack but when it did she smiled broadly. "Oh! Hey there, yer tha one that won tha rock climbing Ah reckon it was? Nice to see you 'round these parts again," Applejack said happily as Yanhua finished putting the pieces together with the rest of her story. She wasn't one to forget herself some good competition. And the Iron Pony had produced plenty enough of it recently to afford her a good roster of future rivals and friends in the future. She called Applejack a hero but the farmer was beyond that now. Maybe in her younger days she would have been embarrassed or sidestepped it. Now she just simply acknowledged her place in history and moved. No reason to strut it, no reason to ignore it. "Well, with all them kind words Ah bet you don't need me ta give you an ounce more sugar!"

Applejack inspected her apple selection. The customer hadn't given her a specific dish to work towards. Instead she had wanted to try a bunch of different dishes. That was allll good and dandy- it made Applejack's job all the easier. She'd stick with one type of apple, the aforementioned Jonagold. It would suit just about any reciple just fine and didn't have any awful baking downsides. And the biggest kicker of all, she could supply the darn things! She fashioned up a full bushel of Jonagolds and lifted up on top of the counter before pushing it towards Yanhua. "Well, Ah have a bushel of fine Jonagolds right here! Were you wantin' more bushels or will this see ya through?" She asked as she leaned in. "Five bits per, but only one kiss regardless!"

------

"He winked at me!"
"Well duh of course he did. I mean, like, you know him, right? Filly, calm down!"
"But he waved!"
"Oh my Celestia, Apple Bloom. You're redder than, like, every apple in this orchard. You should give him a kiss."
"Ah couldn't..."
"Yeah you could. What are you, like, a chicken or something?"
"Ah'm not a chicken!"
"Afraid because, like, you've never kissed a pony before?"
"Ah've kissed ponies before! Plenty of 'em!"
"I mean before today, you dork."

"..."

*Yanhua*

Spoiler

4 Kisses left!
97. Yanhua
98. Prince Lian
99. Moonlight Glitter

Next up

Kissed
1-10

Spoiler

2. Reno Golucky
3. Lore Weaver
5. Gentle Sol

11-20

Spoiler

12. Lyra Heartstrings
13. Donut "Pony" Joe
20. Thorn

21-30

Spoiler

22. Twilight Shine
23. Opal Shards
24. Bon Bon
26. Princess Luna
27. Guiding Light
28. Mythos Gray
29. Harrington Sleuth
30. Pumpkin Cake

31-40

Spoiler

31. Inkwell
34. Master Mustang
35. Parhelion
36. Prime Meridian
37. Razor
38. Dr. Spin Tale
40. Quiet Harmony

41-50

Spoiler

41. Ice Storm
42. Heart Line
43. Pocket Change
44. Sugar Rush
45. Moonstone II
46. Valen Orange
47. Mojo
50. Zelda

51-60

Spoiler

51. Curiosity Sparks
52. Flash Sentry
53. Gadget
55. Carrot Top
56. Presteza
57. Prince Blueblood
59. Princess Cadance
60. Ruby Pinch

61-70

Spoiler

61. Berry Punch
62. Fluttershy
63. Red Cedar
64. Night Glider
65. Granola Gracie
66. Cheerilee
67. Fast Track
68. Fire Walker
69. Sky Sailing
70. Gideon

71-80

Spoiler

71. Mint Zest
72. Discord
73. Rune Writer
74. Rainbow Dash <3
75. Tai
76. Detached Cable
77. Ejaz
78. Boulder Dash
79. Chipper Demise
80. Dusty

81-90

Spoiler

81. Princess Blueblood
82. Swift Squall
83. Mythic Visions
84. Starlight Glimmer
85. Countess Coloratura
86. Naj
87. Tempest Shadow
88. Silverstream
89. Smolder
90. Grubber

91-100

Spoiler

Spoiler

91. Candy Cain
92. Spike
93. Stellar Drift
94. Tiger
95. Feng Yinhaitao
96. Sunset Shimmer

d3J1Zmi.png

The memory of the Rock climbing event brought a shaky smile to the qilin's lips. Internally, .He was thankful that despite her mishap none had noticed how much she'd changed under duress. Perhaps the distance between the wall and spectator's stands was a blessing in disguise. It was probably awkward for quite a few when she didn't show up to accept the award until later in the day when she was in less of a panic.  "To be honest, I think I handled the cupcake eating contest better... and it made less of a mess of my coat." A small chuckle escaped her at the memory, " Making that whirl of fire was much more fun... and the cupcakes were delicious."

While Applejack perused the apples in stock, Yanhua was noticing something very familiar about this orchard. It reminded her of something from a very long time ago. It was hard to place at first but eventually she realized it was the scent of apples combined with this strange clan of characters running it. It brought to mind a family of qilin in the high mountain regions of Long Guo. She skimmed the deep trenches of her mind to try and recall the name but was interrupted as Applejack spoke up with another question about her selections: this time about the Quantity.

"I think two will suffice. I'm hoping to make something special for the kitchen staff back home."

A bushel was a lot of apples after all... If they were especially good, Yanhua might be tempted to snack on more than a few on the way to their next destination. Fishing the bits from her saddlebag and onto the counter she smiled, "Ten bits as agreed... As for the kiss. You'll have to forgive me I haven't kissed anypony in a very long time." At least not on the lips, She'd not done so in... What was it, a hundred years? Where does the time go?

"I'm afraid I might be a bit rusty." She said with a small chuckle.

• Like 2

5HbB79Q.png

"Ah reckon you couldn't handle tha rock climbing any better. Next time we hold an Iron Pony contest Ah'm gonna have ta give it a go mahself, hehe," she chuckled as she finished tidying up the order. Two bushels it was? Well, she wasn't about to say no to that! Of course she didn't have any Jonagolds left. Now, anyway. She had to dig deep but got the very last of her Honeycrisps and Braeburns to fill the second bushel, but by Celestia she did it. She pushed the bushels over with an impish grin. "Well there you go, making sure Ah'm goin' all in for mah customers," she said with a wink. Well, no reason to keep her waiting. Yanhua was all nervous, saying it had been a while. That just meant Applejack had to be a bit more assertive!

"Lets see about fixing that up right quick!" Applejack said as she leaned in, bringing one leg around the foreigner and pulling her closer in, gently all the while. Then she gave Yanhua a deep kiss right on the lips, lingering long enough to impart the sweetness that was her namesake. She pulled away after a few moments, smiling as she made sure to make it good and comfortable for the mare. "Well, Ah don't reckon yer too bad. Don't be so hard on yerself, Yahn-hooa. Ah've kissed plenty worse today!"

*Yanhua*

Spoiler

4 Kisses left!
97. Yanhua
98. Prince Lian
99. Moonlight Glitter

Next up

Kissed
1-10

Spoiler

2. Reno Golucky
3. Lore Weaver
5. Gentle Sol

11-20

Spoiler

12. Lyra Heartstrings
13. Donut "Pony" Joe
20. Thorn

21-30

Spoiler

22. Twilight Shine
23. Opal Shards
24. Bon Bon
26. Princess Luna
27. Guiding Light
28. Mythos Gray
29. Harrington Sleuth
30. Pumpkin Cake

31-40

Spoiler

31. Inkwell
34. Master Mustang
35. Parhelion
36. Prime Meridian
37. Razor
38. Dr. Spin Tale
40. Quiet Harmony

41-50

Spoiler

41. Ice Storm
42. Heart Line
43. Pocket Change
44. Sugar Rush
45. Moonstone II
46. Valen Orange
47. Mojo
50. Zelda

51-60

Spoiler

51. Curiosity Sparks
52. Flash Sentry
53. Gadget
55. Carrot Top
56. Presteza
57. Prince Blueblood
59. Princess Cadance
60. Ruby Pinch

61-70

Spoiler

61. Berry Punch
62. Fluttershy
63. Red Cedar
64. Night Glider
65. Granola Gracie
66. Cheerilee
67. Fast Track
68. Fire Walker
69. Sky Sailing
70. Gideon

71-80

Spoiler

71. Mint Zest
72. Discord
73. Rune Writer
74. Rainbow Dash <3
75. Tai
76. Detached Cable
77. Ejaz
78. Boulder Dash
79. Chipper Demise
80. Dusty

81-90

Spoiler

81. Princess Blueblood
82. Swift Squall
83. Mythic Visions
84. Starlight Glimmer
85. Countess Coloratura
86. Naj
87. Tempest Shadow
88. Silverstream
89. Smolder
90. Grubber

91-100

Spoiler

Spoiler

91. Candy Cain
92. Spike
93. Stellar Drift
94. Tiger
95. Feng Yinhaitao
96. Sunset Shimmer

Feng Banner 2.png

Whatever mercy that the heavens possessed were currently raining upon Feng, who was left to his snack in peace by the royal Prince.  It gave him a chance to watch Yanhua's interaction with Applejack, and seeing his friend talk shop with another pony who could cook, at least with her namesake ingredient, was interesting in and of itself.  And when they both finally arrived at the kiss... he wasn't sure what to feel, initially.  *This is the first time I've seen any of my friends be kissed.*  He realized with a start, tapping his half-eaten apple against his knee.

In the end, he decided.... that Yanhua looked very cute when she was kissing.  And so did AJ, for that matter.  He wondered himself if he looked quite so good from the outside looking in.  *I'll have to ask Yanhua when she comes back here.*  And once she was done, he finished the last bite of his apple and waved to her, picking up his own bushel to balance on his back.  "Oof, there, let me know if you need help carrying yours; these are really good, got to say.  Also, you looked cute when you were kissing the farmer; never seen any friends kiss anypony else before.  Did you think the same thing when watching me?"

• Like 1

d3J1Zmi.png

The kiss with Applejack lingered longer than Yanhua thought it might. At first the qilin's eyes popped open when the lips met, but then shut again once she was more comfortable... as it lingered, Applejack would have felt the qilin growing especially comfy as the kiss channeled at least ten years of romantic frustration into the meeting of the muzzles. Once it was finally over, the qilin stood there with a very dreamy look on her face, Her mind having replaced Applejack with the stallion she'd been so fixated upon in front of her... until he spoke in the drawl and she promptly snapped out of it and cleared her throat. 

"Um... Thank you, Miss Applejack. This has proved a most um enlightening experience." She hurriedly exhaled a few motes of  green flame that seemed to pick up the bushels of apples, "Perhaps before I get home I can speak to you about something that has been lingering on my mind since I saw your farm. But for now I'll take my leave. Farewell." With all that had happened in the rock climbing competition, the last thing that Yanhua wanted was to push her way through another awkward atmosphere. 

As she approached both Lian and Feng she was... a little curious about how Feng may have taken it. The petty side in her made her hope he felt at least a twinge of jealousy like she felt earlier. If he felt just the smallest bit annoyed maybe there was hope for her. 

Then he spoke. His words weren't the usual oblivious arrows in her side this time. At first she had rush of elation when he openly said that she looked cute... but the further meaning behind his words dawned on her. Frustration was boiling over already. Yanhua took a deep breath and again exhaled those ribbons of smoke as Feng's eternal obliviousness got her dander up. "You know, Feng. I think I will need help carrying these." She non-chalantly added the weight of her bushels onto the stallion's load before walking over to Prince Lian, "My lord, I believe you are up next in line. Do try not to break a filly's heart, will you?"  She glanced back at the bow wearing filly and then took a seat by Feng as he got used to this newly added weight on his back.

• Like 2

Feng Banner 2.png

Had Feng been a more astute fellow in perceiving the feelings and inner world of mares, then he would definitely have seen the tripling of the weight upon his back coming.  As it was, his highly-trained body could take the burden and balance it fairly well.  "Whoof!  There we go.  You know, this would make a pretty good Iron Pony in itself.  Score time deducted by dropped apples, and all that."  Getting all three bushels secure, he began to step back upon the path.  "Alright, let's be going!  We'll take the next train to the coast, and then it's a long sail back home."  And with that, Feng Yinhaitao, the Iron Pony and hopeless-in-love-stallion, took his leave of Ponyville.

*Exit Feng.*

5HbB79Q.pngApplebanner2.png

It had seemed like an awful lot of customers wanted to talk to her after the event about business opportunities or even to just ask her some questions. Shoot, she was having enough trouble imagining herself being popular enough for this kissing booth to be as big a success as it was, let alone that many of them'd like to meet her later to talk shop or shoot the breeze. She wasn't one to say no to any of it either, not when it had been so good to her so far today. "Well, we'll have ta meet 'bout that. Don't be a stranger. Yer always welcome 'round these parts if you ever need ta see me," she said as she waved Yanhua goodbye. "Y'all have a good one now, ya hear!" She said as they- the pair including the previous stallion- departed. Were they a couple or somesuch? Heh, no way to know.

"Next on up!"

Apple Bloom was there almost as soon as Applejack had finished speaking. All Applejack saw was a yellow blur move its way behind the stand and trailing dust and chaos before the younger Apple threw herself up on top of the stand, smiling wide and blushing at the next customer. It was around that time that dust finally hit Applejack, causing her to hack and cough and turn away. "Apple B-" she began as she turned back around to face the rear of her sister, who stuck one leg out and pushed against Applejack's head. 

"Hey, uhh, hey there Prince Leyan! Hehehe, what brings you here?" Apple Bloom asked as a bead of sweat formed on her brow. She had set her hooves on the podium as strongly as she could but Applejack was a whole lot stronger than she could ever imagine. Even with Apple Bloom's outstretched leg planted firmly on her sister's skull the older Apple mare was pressing forward. "Apple Bloom..." Applejack seethed between gritted teeth. She was met by a second leg which struck her in the face ad continued pushing her back. Now Apple Bloom was fully extended in the back and turning up some nice splinters in the front.
"How...hehehe...how can Ah help you, Yer Highness?"

*Prince Lee-Ann*

Spoiler

3 Kisses left!
98. Prince Lian
99. Moonlight Glitter

Next up

Kissed
1-10

Spoiler

2. Reno Golucky