[Sweet Apple Acres] 100 Country Kisses (Closed. NO Kisses Left)

Hippo

Stellar looked back and saw the hippogriff with her wagon. "Oh, Celestia!" He exclaimed, blushing profusely "I'm so sorry! I didn't mean to- I was just-" he stopped himself I really need to pay better attention he thought as he backed away to position himself at the back of the line. Whispering a little "Sorry" to each creature as he passed.

The embarrassment was so bad he thought about just giving in and maybe coming back tomorrow. but he stayed. Rose seemed pretty excited for her apples, and he didn't want to make her sad.

• Like 2

Tempest pulled a front leg up to rub at both spots she got kissed well sticking her tounge out as if she ate something nasty. Done removing the weird feeling on her cheeks she takes her appeals, slapping them up on her back. “Thanks AJ, properly be sundown when I show up to crash. Thanks for letting me. Shall try too not wake you up.” She says well eyeing some Colt cutting in line… Foals these days. But AJ was dealing with it and Tempest had done her fair share of ‘social interaction’ for now and just wanted to get a move on. So, giving AJ a thankful nod she dashed down the road to get up to Luna knows what mischief. 

*Exit Tempest*

• Like 1

ymvMDca.png

Silverstream walked up once the grey pegasus had excused himself. She smiled as she returned Applejack's greeting. "Hey, Professor Applejack! Um, I need to fill this wagon up with some apples. I volunteered for snack duty for study group with my friends." Silverstream unhooked the hitch of the wagon off the collar she was wearing. Other than her shard of the pearl, it was strange for her to wear anything at all. But unless she wanted to airmail three times her weight in apples to the dormitory, she had to settle for a wagon that Sandbar lent her. Sandbar pulled the wagon with a typical pony girth, but the girth was too large for Silverstream.  And instead of getting her own sized girth, she decided to get a well-fashioned collar to hitch the wagon to. It was a stylish thin black collar, a long toss comparison from the heavy duty plowing collar's many of the farming stallions wore around Equestria's countryside. She decided against the standard metal girth because she did not like the feeling of her wings being clamped by the cold steel ring around her waist. Also, Professor Rarity said she looked fabulous in the one she ended up wearing.

• Like 1

5HbB79Q.png

A big ol' WAGON full of apples? Now talk about a hippogriff after Applejack's own heart! It took only a moment for Applejack to recognize how many bushels would be needed to fill up a wagon that size. Two abreast, four deep, so forty bits would need to be on the counter. Now talk about one heck of a trip for some friends! Applejack wasn't so sure that it was a good idea but Silverstream was allowed to make her own decisions and if she wanted a wagon to be filled up, Applejack wouldn't say no. There was never such a concept as too many apples and Applejack was sure that after having a veritable and verifiable wagon load of the fruit that Silver and her friends would realize that there was little need for anything else in your cupboard and those who said otherwise were speaking a most heinous heresy into existence.

“Talk about a good day for you and yer friends! A wagon full of tha tastiest treat in town, comin' right up!” Applejack said excitedly, neighing with hurried pride as she started gathering and transporting the apples. Silverstream had a fine getup going on. A nice work collar but not like the heavy ones she saw on most of the farmers 'round these parts. Smaller, thinner, hooked up all nice like. Looked good too! She'd have to see about getting some more like that getup. It looked a lot more comfortable than what Applejack and Big Mac lugged around when they needed to hitch themselves up. “Gotta say, this is a nice collection of apples. Eight bushels, so forty bits. Does that sound 'bout right, Silverstream? An' how did yer school project go? If yer needin' any pointers, tha school's library just got itself all re-stocked after last month's...Smolder related incident.”

*Silverstream*

Spoiler

13 Kisses left!
88. Silverstream
89. Smolder
90. Grubber
91. Candy Cain
92. Spike
93. Stellar Drift
Next up

Kissed
1-10

Spoiler

1. Carrot Fields :smug:
2. Reno Golucky
3. Lore Weaver
4. Dunder Blust :?
5. Gentle Sol
6. Flam watapplejackbyfelixkotd.png
7. Starburst :?
8. Astral :smug:
9. Flim watapplejackbyfelixkotd.png
10. Silverbolt :smug:

11-20

Spoiler

11. Klondike :smug:
12. Lyra Heartstrings
13. Donut "Pony" Joe
14. Rarity ajscreen.png;)
15. Pigpen :smug:
16. Cherry Jubilee :?
17. Misty Morning :smug:
18. Pathfinder :?
19. Earth Writer :smug:
20. Thorn

21-30

Spoiler

21. Metal Maker :smug:
22. Twilight Shine
23. Opal Shards
24. Bon Bon
25. Electric Vibe :smug:ajscreen.png
26. Princess Luna
27. Guiding Light
28. Mythos Gray
29. Harrington Sleuth
30. Pumpkin Cake

31-40

Spoiler

31. Inkwell
32. Pinkie Pie :smirk:
33. Star Storm :smug:
34. Master Mustang
35. Parhelion
36. Prime Meridian
37. Razor
38. Dr. Spin Tale
39. Professor Ashen Smirk
40. Quiet Harmony

41-50

Spoiler

41. Ice Storm
42. Heart Line
43. Pocket Change
44. Sugar Rush
45. Moonstone II
46. Valen Orange
47. Mojo
48. Trixie :shifty:
49. Princess Twilight Sparkle
50. Zelda

51-60

Spoiler

51. Curiosity Sparks
52. Flash Sentry
53. Gadget
54. Professor Clyde Krashkop
55. Carrot Top
56. Presteza
57. Prince Blueblood
58. Princess Celestia :Celest:
59. Princess Cadance
60. Ruby Pinch

61-70

Spoiler

61. Berry Punch
62. Fluttershy
63. Red Cedar
64. Night Glider
65. Granola Gracie
66. Cheerilee
67. Fast Track
68. Fire Walker
69. Sky Sailing
70. Gideon

71-80

Spoiler

71. Mint Zest
72. Discord
73. Rune Writer
74. Rainbow Dash <3
75. Tai
76. Detached Cable
77. Ejaz
78. Boulder Dash
79. Chipper Demise
80. Dusty

81-90

Spoiler

Spoiler

81. Princess Blueblood
82. Swift Squall
83. Mythic Visions
84. Starlight Glimmer
85. Countess Coloratura
86. Naj
87. Tempest Shadow

• Like 1

ymvMDca.png

"Oh, the project went great! Gallus and I weren't sure if we should focus on the integral foundation of Appleloosa or the rise of Ourtown's individuality resolution. We ended up doing a presentation on Appleloosan society since there were more written accounts on the settlement. Plus, when trying to ask some of the school staff about Ourtown, I either couldn't find the ponies I was looking for or they seemed to not want to talk about it. Sugar Belle wasn't at the Ponyville marketplace like she usually is, and Councilor Starlight suggested we shouldn't do a project on Ourtown. She didn't say why." Silverstream shrugged, knowing only so much as to what the result of her findings were, while at the same time having little clue as to the context of such a circumstance.

Silverstream reached underneath her right wing and pulled out six pieces of folded paper. "Um, I'm not sure how much forty bits is in meal vouchers." Silverstream put all six vouchers on the counter. Each of the vouchers had an identification stamp on them. One from Gallus, one from Smolder, one from Sandbar, one from Ocellus, one from Yona, and one from Silverstream herself. "Is that alright?"

T9Lak3N.png

The students that came to the school were sponsored by their kind who enrolled them. The cost of their attendance to the school was often dealt with without the knowledge of the students as to how. They were given rooms and meal tickets and most other amenities at the school were provided to them. Silverstream was lucky to get any spending money from home as an allowance, but she wouldn't be sure what to do with the bits if she had them, or what they would be worth.

Being in the royal family in Seaquestria already provided the situation of a young hippogriff not having experience with the use of currency. Tack on to that the lack of financial responsibility in a young student and you have a cute pink hippogriff unaware of the value things to buy and sell at. Gallus was rumored to be poor and without a family to lean on financially, but he also had meal tickets like any other student at the school. And so to Silverstream, she thought of herself as equals among her fellow classmates and hadn't thought of wondering what the going rate of a bushel of apples was. Sandbar probably knew.

• Like 2

8oYM79h.png?2

Miss? Had she ever been called an 'Miss' before? Wasn't that reserved for really old creatures?

"It's Smolder.', she tried her best to be polite, which was a rather new sort of thing for most dragons to do. "I attend the new school here....School Of Friendship...Which is basically a school for creatures in my age group where comradery is infused in each of the classes.", It sounded sort of weird when she spoke it out-loud, but that's what she had heard someone describe the school before. They had to learn how to play nice with others, but there was still the usual stuff. Biology. Prench classes. Trigonometry. History. Even in those classes, friendship and teamwork was all still part of these classes. "There's plenty of ponies that are attending, but they allow just about any race in...From dragons like myself, Hippogriffs, like miss pink patootie over there..", she pointed to a rather animated young mare that was slightly ahead of the pair in line. "Yaks, Changelings, griffons.", they all needed to learn how to play nice together.

"As for the line....Ah...", she shrugged her shoulders. "There's not a ton of stuff to do here...We have a movie theater.....Only two screens I think...The market sometimes has something interesting going on....Right now, the 'thing' to do is buy apples and get kissed by Applejack....I did not actually plan to do this, but I had a class assignment that needed to be done, and it involved this farm. According to our history class, this village wouldn't have existed if the Apple family never stepped hooves here..."

She noticed an familiar face in the crowd. Her 'brother' from another mother. "Hey Spike!", she waved at the smaller dragon. Weird. He looked a good deal more like her than her actual brother.*

And hey! They were now talking about her! Like she wasn't there...."Hey! I didn't mean to...But that look on Gallus' face when I accidentally fried his book...Wanted to apologize but the expression made me laugh...Almost looked like he was stuck in mid-sneeze....And you know what happens when dragon's laugh..."

Qz8wUDE.png

Spoiler

*OOC: Boo. Something never addressed in the show!

• Like 3

ymvMDca.png

As Smolder included herself in the conversation, Silverstream chuckled at the mentioning of the fiery library incident. It was funny to her, not only because it created a priceless moment involving Gallus that she would never forget, but also because Silverstream had gotten close enough to Smolder to no longer be weary of her abrasive attitude and had come to take the dragon's blunt tone of speaking as a personality quirk.

Trying to overcome her own giggles, Silverstream added, "Yeah, hehe, all of us just decided to throw in a meal voucher in order to get these apples." Silverstream pondered. "You know, I never understood how Sandbar was able to get apples from the orchard without needing our vouchers. He comes to you, right Professor?"

• Like 2

5HbB79Q.png

Applejack's mind came to a screeching halt as it tried to process the fact that Silverstream didn't have any bits. She wanted to pay in meal vouchers from the school. Under what pale moon, lit by the flames of ancient tribesponies, was she operating under if the poor dear didn't understand any facet of economics. Then it struck Applejack: How would she? She lived as royalty under the waves, in a society that as far as Applejack was aware operated without currency of any kind. And if it did, she was likely removed from needing to know how any of it worked. At school they were all provided vouchers, but how would that instill any economic know-how either? Applejack had to face the facts that Silverstream, along with a few other students, likely had no grasp of the economic side of day to day life. And you know what they said about money coming between friends...

Which led Applejack to wondering just what it was she needed to do about this. Giving away forty bits worth of Apples for meal vouchers couldn't be good. They were selling the bushels at just above cost in order to get them out before they went bad, that was why they were having this whole shindig. It would take a large chunk out of the day's profit margin. What could she even do with those vouchers? They were student only and additionally only for cafeteria food. They were barely worth the pulp they were made from. She was basically giving away five bushels for free, and doing it in a public manner. It was a bad idea all around to agree to this and Applejack could smell trouble on the wind, but she was stuck. She didn't want to punish Silverstream or her friends for a lack of financial literacy either. And in the end, she knew she could help teach them the value of a bit.

Financial literacy needed to be added to the school, stat.
"Silverstream sweetie, them meal vouchers aren't worth anything 'cept as meals for students, like yerself. Ah can't use 'em either," she sighed, looking at the line and then back to her. "Ah'm guessin y'all don't have any bits, or even know how ta get some. But Ah'm not gonna say no ta you, not today sugarcube. Here's mah offer. Five bushels, kisses on tha cheek, no payment down. But yer gonna have ta work to earn them forty bits, probably on a weekend. And then Ah'm gonna get tha Chancellor to add some sorta' financial class to tha schedule, and yer gonna be in it. Sound like somethin' that'd interest you?"

*Silverstream*

Spoiler

13 Kisses left!
88. Silverstream
89. Smolder
90. Grubber
91. Candy Cain
92. Spike
93. Stellar Drift
Next up

Kissed
1-10

Spoiler

2. Reno Golucky
3. Lore Weaver
5. Gentle Sol

11-20

Spoiler

12. Lyra Heartstrings
13. Donut "Pony" Joe
20. Thorn

21-30

Spoiler

22. Twilight Shine
23. Opal Shards
24. Bon Bon
26. Princess Luna
27. Guiding Light
28. Mythos Gray
29. Harrington Sleuth
30. Pumpkin Cake

31-40

Spoiler

31. Inkwell
34. Master Mustang
35. Parhelion
36. Prime Meridian
37. Razor
38. Dr. Spin Tale
40. Quiet Harmony

41-50

Spoiler

41. Ice Storm
42. Heart Line
43. Pocket Change
44. Sugar Rush
45. Moonstone II
46. Valen Orange
47. Mojo
50. Zelda

51-60

Spoiler

51. Curiosity Sparks
52. Flash Sentry
53. Gadget
55. Carrot Top
56. Presteza
57. Prince Blueblood
59. Princess Cadance
60. Ruby Pinch

61-70

Spoiler

61. Berry Punch
62. Fluttershy
63. Red Cedar
64. Night Glider
65. Granola Gracie
66. Cheerilee
67. Fast Track
68. Fire Walker
69. Sky Sailing
70. Gideon

71-80

Spoiler

71. Mint Zest
72. Discord
73. Rune Writer
74. Rainbow Dash <3
75. Tai
76. Detached Cable
77. Ejaz
78. Boulder Dash
79. Chipper Demise
80. Dusty

81-90

Spoiler

Spoiler

81. Princess Blueblood
82. Swift Squall
83. Mythic Visions
84. Starlight Glimmer
85. Countess Coloratura
86. Naj
87. Tempest Shadow

• Like 4

ymvMDca.png

The hippogriff's feathered ears fell back at the unfortunate news that according to Applejack, the meal vouchers the students were given were completely worthless outside of the school's campus. Her smile left, too, her beak curling downwards to match the trajectory of her mood. As Applejack expressed her understanding that her customer had no real money, Silverstream looked down with embarrassment, thinking subconsciously about how she would have to explain this to the gang. But then, the apple mare gave her an out. Silverstream would have to earn the money used to buy the apples herself in the near future, and she would have to take a class on money. Things were looking up, and Silverstream was immediately pleased with this kind of deal. She didn't even want to be blamed for trespassing onto the farm but now she would have a work-related reason as to why she would come here to come across inevitable new discoveries.

There was only one thing troubling the pink birdpony. "That's sound's fair, Professor Applejack. But um, I just have one question." Silverstream perplexed herself on the hearing of a phrase that seemed randomly thrown in by the earth pony. Could it have been a mistake? Does Applejack even make mistakes? "You said something about kisses on the cheek? Is that some sort of Ponyville expression?"

• Like 2

5HbB79Q.png

Applejack was pleased that Silverstream accepted the offer. It had been the only way she could see it all working out without somecreature looking like a fool or the integrity of the sales being called into question. And if there was one thing that could ever spell trouble for Sweet Apple Acres itwas their integrity being damaged, Nopony would buy fruit from you if there wasn't a firm belief in the reliablity of the seller, after all. She also started to wonder just what this class would teach....and who would teach it? She knew it had to happen. But who worked in finances? She hoped she didn't anage to put another class on her overloaded plate It was definitely something that she woud have to bring up with the Chancellor. And she had to come up with a decent enough work schedule for Silverstream. Likely nothing too dangerous or physical. Applejack wasn't sure she trusted talons on he trees.

She started getting the barrels together. The good thing about it being for the students is that they were all pretty easy to please so she leaned into the larger part of her remaining stock, a lot of Red and Gold Delicious apples, a few Granny Smiths. They were all good, fine Sweet Apple Acres apples, but also the most common. Hopefully they would soon become as addicted to them as she was to helping her students become as honest with themselves as emotionally possible. And failing that she was trying to develop apple ice cream with Pinkie Pie. And not that apple-flavored nonsense, but ice cream with real apple in it. Sometimes when they worked long and hard into the night trying to crack the confectionary code to unravel the mysteries of this fruit-treat concoction, Applejack wondered if science had gone too far. Just what had she wrought!?

To reach these kids, such crimes were worthy.

speaking of reaching the kids, she finished her eight bushels and it finally registered that Silverstream had asked a question. Oh nelly, the poor thing. Applejack had to chuckle. "Silverstream, this here is a sale that gets you two things. You get a bushel of apples- the finest in all tha land- but yer also gettin' a smooch from me on tha cheek. Well technically eight smooches, but if yer uncomfortable we can just do tha one," she answere as she started filling up the wagon, giving Silverstream time to process it. 

*Silverstream*

Spoiler

13 Kisses left!
88. Silverstream
89. Smolder
90. Grubber
91. Candy Cain
92. Spike
93. Stellar Drift
Next up

Kissed
1-10

Spoiler

2. Reno Golucky
3. Lore Weaver
5. Gentle Sol

11-20

Spoiler

12. Lyra Heartstrings
13. Donut "Pony" Joe
20. Thorn

21-30

Spoiler

22. Twilight Shine
23. Opal Shards
24. Bon Bon
26. Princess Luna
27. Guiding Light
28. Mythos Gray
29. Harrington Sleuth
30. Pumpkin Cake

31-40

Spoiler

31. Inkwell
34. Master Mustang
35. Parhelion
36. Prime Meridian
37. Razor
38. Dr. Spin Tale
40. Quiet Harmony

41-50

Spoiler

41. Ice Storm
42. Heart Line
43. Pocket Change
44. Sugar Rush
45. Moonstone II
46. Valen Orange
47. Mojo
50. Zelda

51-60

Spoiler

51. Curiosity Sparks
52. Flash Sentry
53. Gadget
55. Carrot Top
56. Presteza
57. Prince Blueblood
59. Princess Cadance
60. Ruby Pinch

61-70

Spoiler

61. Berry Punch
62. Fluttershy
63. Red Cedar
64. Night Glider
65. Granola Gracie
66. Cheerilee
67. Fast Track
68. Fire Walker
69. Sky Sailing
70. Gideon

71-80

Spoiler

71. Mint Zest
72. Discord
73. Rune Writer
74. Rainbow Dash <3
75. Tai
76. Detached Cable
77. Ejaz
78. Boulder Dash
79. Chipper Demise
80. Dusty

81-90

ymvMDca.png

Despite how friendly Silverstream was, the proposition for a kiss to seal the deal of the sale on a cart full of apples made Silverstream oddly uncomfortable. She would never be able to hold her emotion for expressing her affection for a close friend, unless it was a crush she didn't know how to handle yet. But she was typically the one to initiate this sort of affection. And it seemed so trivial but at the same time forced. "So, you want to kiss me?" Silverstream blushed. She had a hard time separating the concept between a strong earth pony like Applejack earning a hard bit, also having this strange incentive to adorn her customer's face with pony lip contact.

And the more confused Silverstream got about it, the more infatuated she also felt. She awkwardly rubbed her neck and suddenly became nervous and anxious about getting a kiss. So this is what all of her friends must feel like when she squeezes them when they don't expect it. "Wh-wow. I've never been kissed before." She started to explain more informatively. "Well, except for my father, my mother, my brother, my three cousins from Seaweed Sector, Queen Novo that one time. Also I think I remember a stray fish I once kissed. I got a fish kiss. Have you ever gotten a fish kiss?" She continued to ramble, which served as a form of procrastination more than anything else. "It feels slimy, yet smooth. Kind of like a polished wet rock, except not as hard. Oh, did you know there are eighty-three different classifications of colored rocks in Seaquestria? There's blue, red, yellow, aqua-blue, green-blue, sea-blue, blue-blue, light blue and light-blue-blue, turquoise, and of course turquoise-blue..."

• Like 3

5HbB79Q.pngREvxA6F.png

Things got awkward when Silverstream seemed to misunderstand or otherwise just get embarrassed by what was happening. It was easy to tell that she was a youngin' who wasn't in full control of her emotions. First with the blush, then with the barely-sequitor, and then with the rambling. She recognized somepony being nervous when she saw it ad she saw it plain as day on Silverstream's face and through her words. Reminded her of the first time her first coltfriend had asked her to the Fetlock Fete. She had stammered and talked about how their families had the same manestyles for a few minutes before he had slowly but assuredly walked away. Sadly for Silverstream, all the nervousness in the world wasn't going to prevent the Apples from getting their share of cheek today. It just might change who did the kissing.

As Silversteam continued to ramble on and on, Applejack did her prairie best to keep up. Somewhere around the thirty-first variation of blue she started to lose the plot. She leaned to the side ever so slightly so she could see Apple Bloom, who was picking at her hooves and resting a bit. The filly had done a lot to keep the advertisements and the excitement going and had tuckered herself out. She saw Applejack look her ay. The older Apple twitched her head towards the overactive Hippogriff as she continued speaking. Apple Bloom winked and got up, slowly stalking Silverstream from behind. Like a predator salivating over prey was the younger apple, who got into prime pouncing position. Once she was in position Applejack gave the go-ahead, and the flank attack commenced.

"Incomin'!" Yelled Apple Bloom as she flew at the Hippogriff. She landed with great agility on Silverstream and then quickly went in for her strike, landing a big, sloppy kiss on the cheek before rolling off. Before Silverstream could respond, Applejack took her turn, reaching out and grabbing the Hippogriff by the cheeks and pulling her in for a swift kiss as well. More professional, less sloppy, but still affectionate for a student that she considered kin in their own special way. She let Silverstream go for a wink. "Now that wasn't so bad, now was it?"

*Silverstream*

Spoiler

13 Kisses left!
88. Silverstream
89. Smolder
90. Grubber
91. Candy Cain
92. Spike
93. Stellar Drift
Next up

Kissed
1-10

Spoiler

2. Reno Golucky
3. Lore Weaver
5. Gentle Sol

11-20

Spoiler

12. Lyra Heartstrings
13. Donut "Pony" Joe
20. Thorn

21-30

Spoiler

22. Twilight Shine
23. Opal Shards
24. Bon Bon
26. Princess Luna
27. Guiding Light
28. Mythos Gray
29. Harrington Sleuth
30. Pumpkin Cake

31-40

Spoiler

31. Inkwell
34. Master Mustang
35. Parhelion
36. Prime Meridian
37. Razor
38. Dr. Spin Tale
40. Quiet Harmony

41-50

Spoiler

41. Ice Storm
42. Heart Line
43. Pocket Change
44. Sugar Rush
45. Moonstone II
46. Valen Orange
47. Mojo
50. Zelda

51-60

Spoiler

51. Curiosity Sparks
52. Flash Sentry
53. Gadget
55. Carrot Top
56. Presteza
57. Prince Blueblood
59. Princess Cadance
60. Ruby Pinch

61-70

Spoiler

61. Berry Punch
62. Fluttershy
63. Red Cedar
64. Night Glider
65. Granola Gracie
66. Cheerilee
67. Fast Track
68. Fire Walker
69. Sky Sailing
70. Gideon

71-80

Spoiler

71. Mint Zest
72. Discord
73. Rune Writer
74. Rainbow Dash <3
75. Tai
76. Detached Cable
77. Ejaz
78. Boulder Dash
79. Chipper Demise
80. Dusty

81-90

Spoiler

Spoiler

81. Princess Blueblood
82. Swift Squall
83. Mythic Visions
84. Starlight Glimmer
85. Countess Coloratura
86. Naj
87. Tempest Shadow

• Like 2

ymvMDca.png

She was blinded by a flash of yellow. It pounced on her back just as Silverstream's flight response triggered and her wings unfolded. But before she could remove herself from the ground, Apple Bloom successfully mounted her and stole a kiss on her left cheek. As Apple Bloom rolled off, Silverstream reacted to look her way, which gave Applejack free reign on her right cheek. The attack was quick.

Silverstream took four steps back and looked at Applejack who was giving a confident loving wink. The hippogriff was so taken aback that she fell on her rump and was held speechless for a moment. When that moment passed, she smiled wide and blushed, holding her talons to her face. "Oh my gosh, you guys. That was so strange!" She giggled, and then spoke with analysis. "And interesting. Do you kiss everycreature like this?"

Silverstream never properly understood the whole point of the kiss for apples. She felt like it was given to her as a requirement, instead of the bonus affection it was intended to be for. "And does this mean I'm allowed to take the apples now? Oh, and when do you need me to come by and help on the farm?"

• Like 2

5HbB79Q.png

It took a moment or two for Silverstream, who had been knocked flat on her rear by the intensity of the Apple kiss, to come back down to earth. And when she did? Yep, she had enjoyed it. Of course she would. Applejack couldn't imagine a creature that would enjoy the affection of it more once she got over the shyness of her own personal shield. And thee she was, giggling and blushing and asking questions. Applejack smiled herself as she responded. "Oh, not everypony. A try ta make every one of these here kissin' experiences unique an Ah reckoned you'd like a bit of excitement with yer kissin'," she said with a laugh as she tilted her hat back up, the subject moving to her apples.

"You can take yer apples now. As for workin', Ah'm thinking Ah could make use of you next Saturday. Ah'll tell ya more on that Friday, but plan on some good ol' fashion physical labor down here. Until then, make sure you and yer friends enjoy some nice, tasty apples. Have a good'n Silverstream!" Applejack waved off, happy to interact with any of her students but especially those who showed such a sincere and earnest fellowship with her students that it made all the work they put in as teachers at the school feel worthwhile. She took the next few moments to take stock of her stock- still healthy enough for the rest of the day. She figured she had maybe twenty-five bushels left.  That would see her through.

She looked up and smiled. "Next!"

*Smolder*

Spoiler

12 Kisses left!
89. Smolder
90. Grubber
91. Candy Cain
92. Spike
93. Stellar Drift
Next up

Kissed
1-10

Spoiler

2. Reno Golucky
3. Lore Weaver
5. Gentle Sol

11-20

Spoiler

12. Lyra Heartstrings
13. Donut "Pony" Joe
20. Thorn

21-30

Spoiler

22. Twilight Shine
23. Opal Shards
24. Bon Bon
26. Princess Luna
27. Guiding Light
28. Mythos Gray
29. Harrington Sleuth
30. Pumpkin Cake

31-40

Spoiler

31. Inkwell
34. Master Mustang
35. Parhelion
36. Prime Meridian
37. Razor
38. Dr. Spin Tale
40. Quiet Harmony

41-50

Spoiler

41. Ice Storm
42. Heart Line
43. Pocket Change
44. Sugar Rush
45. Moonstone II
46. Valen Orange
47. Mojo
50. Zelda

51-60

Spoiler

51. Curiosity Sparks
52. Flash Sentry
53. Gadget
55. Carrot Top
56. Presteza
57. Prince Blueblood
59. Princess Cadance
60. Ruby Pinch

61-70

Spoiler

61. Berry Punch
62. Fluttershy
63. Red Cedar
64. Night Glider
65. Granola Gracie
66. Cheerilee
67. Fast Track
68. Fire Walker
69. Sky Sailing
70. Gideon

71-80

Spoiler

71. Mint Zest
72. Discord
73. Rune Writer
74. Rainbow Dash <3
75. Tai
76. Detached Cable
77. Ejaz
78. Boulder Dash
79. Chipper Demise
80. Dusty

81-90

Spoiler

Spoiler

81. Princess Blueblood
82. Swift Squall
83. Mythic Visions
84. Starlight Glimmer
85. Countess Coloratura
86. Naj
87. Tempest Shadow
88. Silverstream

• Like 2

Smolder could not help but chuckle to herself as the Hippogriff mentioned all those who she either kissed or were kissed by. And while she would never admit it to any creature, that Terramar wasn't such a bad looking fella. One worthy of a few scrorchy dragon-kisses from a certain dragon. Then it dawned on her. She was WAAAY behind her class-mate in the smooch-department. She wasn't even near the Smooch-Super-Market. Even her brother got to kiss his pillow. Which was kind of sad.

She had also considered checking out Seaquestria as Spike had mentioned how awesome of a place it was. However, he also mentioned that they used some sort of magic pearl thing so they could breath under water. He said that he was turned into a freaking blow-fish! No! She would be something cool. Like a shark. Or an break-dancing, sun-glasses wearing Dolphin. NOT A BLOWFISH.

rO5U7oj.jpg?1

She needed to get that out of her head. That vision. Wormy, squirmy, bottom of the food-chain blow-Smolder. Till then, other thoughts found their way into her scale-covered head. She could file 'Terramar' for 'later'. And she bits in her coin-pouch. Where did she get her bits?

As much as she enjoyed her schoolyard pranks and shanaggings, sometimes those came with a price. And after the library fiery fiasco, she had to replace things...And things cost bits. And her beloved Dragon Lord wasn't gonna pay. She had to learn her lesson, and this lesson involved a job. And what sort of company would hire a young dragon with no prior experience? Why, the local Hay Burger, that's who! She got a terrible uniform, the need to wear a hair-net when cooking the burgers and she had no hair! But it paid. Poorly. And after paying for new book for the griffon and few other things that turned into dust, she had a few coins left over. Still, it could be worse. She could be picking apples for her teacher!

And speaking of apples. It was her turn. She needed to pick the right apples. And there were several variations. No Zap Apples.

"Erm.", she thought, "Got any Honeycrisp?" Ha! Take that Professor Applejack! She was only sleeping in her class.....Most of the time....But not all of the time.
  • Like 4

ymvMDca.png

Saturday it was. Silverstream would have to spend a weekend with farm ponies in order to pay for the apples her friends were going to use for snacks during studying this week. Which is ironic, considering Silverstream typically spent her Saturdays doing extra studying on things she was curious about during studying. Time was currency. She smiled gleefully at her professor as she hitched the wagon back to her collar, the challenge of pulling it immediately evident. She struggled to pull it at first, but gained her footing and started to move more easily once she got going. "Alright, see you in class, Professor!"

Before she got too far down the road, she unhitched herself from the wagon, and flew back to the front of the line. "Oh, Smolder, you can have your meal voucher back. Turns out they don't accept them anywhere outside the school." She giggled with a futile attempt at covering her mouth with a talon, while her other was handing the ticket with Smolder's identification stamp to the orange dragon. "See ya tonight in the library." Silverstream flew back to her wagon and pulled it the rest of the way back to the school where her friends and she would see the fruits of whatever labor Silverstream had yet to perform.

• Like 2

5HbB79Q.png

Another one of her students! Smolder was one of her better ones, Applejack thought warmly to herself. Partly this was because dragons didn't have much need to hide anything from anycreature. They were often the alpha of wherever they were, so no reason to hold back on who you were or what you thought! Smolder in particular was a beacon she liked to point to for the others. If they could all be as honest as Smolder, she reckoned all of Equestria would be great! "Howdy there Smolder! Fancy seein' you here. Ah thought Silverstream was gettin' apples for tha whole lot of ya but...well, Ah understand tha need ta have apples all yer own. Ah keep a bushel in mah bedroom for just that reason!" She leaned in and winked. Of course it wasn't Honeycrisp, not that she'd ever reveal the variety she kept so close to her.

For now, work!
"Hoenycrisp it is. Glad you've been payin' attention in mah class!" Applejack tittered, pleased as punch to see that her long dissertation on apple varietieies and how they all said something important about you take hold as she went to work gathering her bushel up. The Honeycrisp was all sweet and little acid and was instantly refreshing. It had a nice crunch but wth its soft skin it was nothing like a Golden Delicious. A Honeycrisp was an apple for a a creature that wanted the good things in life right then, right there, and didn't want it to be complicated by new aromas or taste profiles. It was an uncomplicated apple for a uncomplicated consumer, best enjoyed in the lovely Equestrian sun. Just like Smolder. She wasn't complicated or strange. She was direct, she was sweet, she was exactly who you wanted to meet on a sunny day in Equestria.

"Ya know, Honeycrisp is Spike's favorite apple variety too. Ah wonder if there's a relation between dragons and likin' Honeycrisp?" Applejack asked rhetorically as she finished and hauled the bushel up onto the counter. It was a nice day for a nice apple, wasn't it? "Alright, that there is a bushel of Honeycrisps for ya, sugarcube. Time for payment and then you get yerself this here bushel and a smooch!" She ended with a wink, hoping it wouldn't start as awkward as it had with Silverstream. Apple Bloom'd be less likely to ambush somecreature who could breathe fire, after all.

*Smolder*

Spoiler

12 Kisses left!
89. Smolder
90. Grubber
91. Candy Cain
92. Spike
93. Stellar Drift
Next up

Kissed
1-10

Spoiler

2. Reno Golucky
3. Lore Weaver
5. Gentle Sol

11-20

Spoiler

12. Lyra Heartstrings
13. Donut "Pony" Joe
20. Thorn

21-30

Spoiler

22. Twilight Shine
23. Opal Shards
24. Bon Bon
26. Princess Luna
27. Guiding Light
28. Mythos Gray
29. Harrington Sleuth
30. Pumpkin Cake

31-40

Spoiler

31. Inkwell
34. Master Mustang
35. Parhelion
36. Prime Meridian
37. Razor
38. Dr. Spin Tale
40. Quiet Harmony

41-50

Spoiler

41. Ice Storm
42. Heart Line
43. Pocket Change
44. Sugar Rush
45. Moonstone II
46. Valen Orange
47. Mojo
50. Zelda

51-60

Spoiler

51. Curiosity Sparks
52. Flash Sentry
53. Gadget
55. Carrot Top
56. Presteza
57. Prince Blueblood
59. Princess Cadance
60. Ruby Pinch

61-70

Spoiler

61. Berry Punch
62. Fluttershy
63. Red Cedar
64. Night Glider
65. Granola Gracie
66. Cheerilee
67. Fast Track
68. Fire Walker
69. Sky Sailing
70. Gideon

71-80

Spoiler

71. Mint Zest
72. Discord
73. Rune Writer
74. Rainbow Dash <3
75. Tai
76. Detached Cable
77. Ejaz
78. Boulder Dash
79. Chipper Demise
80. Dusty

81-90

Spoiler

Spoiler

81. Princess Blueblood
82. Swift Squall
83. Mythic Visions
84. Starlight Glimmer
85. Countess Coloratura
86. Naj
87. Tempest Shadow
88. Silverstream

• Like 2

Eu8CjFi.png?1

"Well....She was..", the dragon huffed, "But when she said the word 'apple'. I sort of freaked out when I remembered that I needed to finish a report, and it involved me being here..Checking things out..", feeling like an down-on-her-luck detective with a hunch, Smolder whispered to the farmer.  "Thinking about calling it 'Sweet Apple Acres: The In-Cider Information'", she really thought this was clever as she waggled her eyebrows up and down as she said the name of her report.

She turned to  Silverstream who handed over her voucher. She didn't think it would have worked, but it was worth the try. "I'll catch up and drop these off on your wagon once I'm done....I need....Oh.", she turned to the pony with many a job. "I need to wander around your farm and take some observation type notes...As long as you don't mind...I won't touch anything...Promise...", she winked at the mare. "I also have answers to these questions I need to fill out on my form here....They're not the kind of answers you can find in any book....Need to be at an actual farm...." The young dragon REALLY needed to pace herself a little better.  Enough with the procrastination!

Thankfully one thing she wasn't going to delay was payment. "Here you go.", she pulled out the needed bits. Now it was time for der-smooching! Or at least a smooch. From her teacher. Hopefully no creature had a camera with them. She waited patiently and wondered what it was going to feel like.

• Like 3

5HbB79Q.png

Applejack hung on Smolder's words as she detailed just what it was that brought here after Silverstream and the dragon didn't fail, not at all. "In-Cider information?" Applejack replied with a smile, growing quickly on the edges as as she started to laugh heartily, shutting her eyes and looking down. "Hehehehehehe, that- that there is a real hoot. In-Cider!" She guffawed louder than before, taping her hooves harshly on the top of the stand before looking back up, eyes open with some tears forming, snickering and laughing. "Now, Ah-ah didn't know yer...yer so funny! In-Cider, tehehehehehee," Applejack continued to titter for a while. Smolder would do well at one of those comedy clubs Maude went to. She could at least make a joke that Applejack'd understand!

As the mare reformed her facade and allowed the pun to settle deeply inside her- In-Cide her, more like!- she listened to the full request. She had homework and she needed to just wander around the Orchards and observe it. She would be lying if she didn't say she was apprehensive a little bit. Smolder was very emotional at times and she breathed fire, and trees were awfully flammable. But whatever small apprehension she had was assuaged not only by Smolder's assurances but also a firm belief that even if she did get angry or upset for some strange cause she would be mature enough to direct her anger outside of the Orchard. "Of course you can take a look 'round tha Orchard, sugarpill. If y'all need a guide Ah can make Apple Bloom do it," she said leaning in, "she looks a mite laxy over there, don'tcha think?" she winked.

And then, when she had discreetly collected the bits and was still leaning in, she reached out ad grabbed Smolder and pulled her close. She planted a big, wet kiss right on the forehead! And talk about warm. Were all dragons this warm? Her forehead reminded Applejack of a very sickly pony with the heat except hotter. Talk about hot stuff! 

*Smolder*

Spoiler

12 Kisses left!
89. Smolder
90. Grubber
91. Candy Cain
92. Spike
93. Stellar Drift
Next up

Kissed
1-10

Spoiler

2. Reno Golucky
3. Lore Weaver
5. Gentle Sol

11-20

Spoiler

12. Lyra Heartstrings
13. Donut "Pony" Joe
20. Thorn

21-30

Spoiler

22. Twilight Shine
23. Opal Shards
24. Bon Bon
26. Princess Luna
27. Guiding Light
28. Mythos Gray
29. Harrington Sleuth
30. Pumpkin Cake

31-40

Spoiler

31. Inkwell
34. Master Mustang
35. Parhelion
36. Prime Meridian
37. Razor
38. Dr. Spin Tale
40. Quiet Harmony

41-50

Spoiler

41. Ice Storm
42. Heart Line
43. Pocket Change
44. Sugar Rush
45. Moonstone II
46. Valen Orange
47. Mojo
50. Zelda

51-60

Spoiler

51. Curiosity Sparks
52. Flash Sentry
53. Gadget
55. Carrot Top
56. Presteza
57. Prince Blueblood
59. Princess Cadance
60. Ruby Pinch

61-70

Spoiler

61. Berry Punch
62. Fluttershy
63. Red Cedar
64. Night Glider
65. Granola Gracie
66. Cheerilee
67. Fast Track
68. Fire Walker
69. Sky Sailing
70. Gideon

71-80

Spoiler

71. Mint Zest
72. Discord
73. Rune Writer
74. Rainbow Dash <3
75. Tai
76. Detached Cable
77. Ejaz
78. Boulder Dash
79. Chipper Demise
80. Dusty

81-90

Spoiler

Spoiler

81. Princess Blueblood
82. Swift Squall
83. Mythic Visions
84. Starlight Glimmer
85. Countess Coloratura
86. Naj
87. Tempest Shadow
88. Silverstream

• Like 3

Tiger whistled a tune to himself as he strolled down the road, enjoying the nature around him. That farm looked nice too, but what was that line about? Well, nothing to it but to do it, as they say. To that end, the earth pony changed course, stopping at the end of the line and peeking around to look at the signs. Apples, huh? He could go for a snack, and kissing a good-looking pony was always a plus. 

“So, been waiting long there?” He asked Stellar, stretching a bit as he sat down to wait. 

• Like 1

Feng Banner.png

It had been a long and fruitful sojourn away from home for Feng Yinhaitao.  Sent on a mission by his Empress to win glory at the Iron Pony athletic competition, and to make valuable connections across the ocean, the longma had performed proudly in both respects.  Not only had he forged friendships with a mare that was notoriously difficult to befriend, but ended up performing so well in the competition, he was declared the Iron Pony for this year!  No doubt Empress Yue would smile upon her humble servant for his efforts...

But this particular venture was a humbler mission, more a favor to a friend.  His traveling companion, the palace cook Yanhua, had wanted to take some fruits of Equestria back home with her.  The 'qilin' was always seeking to improve and innovate the offerings on the Imperial table, and everypony they had asked had agreed, Sweet Apple Acres Apples were fit for an Empress!

So, here he was, approaching the line at the end of the day, like a last-minute shopper.  Not so far from the truth, as by tomorrow he would be well on his way home.  He was worried at first that he would stand out, but upon seeing all who were waiting in line, he felt more like one exotic among many.  "Huh, for a town called Ponyville, there are many different creatures in this line today."  He remarked, more or less to himself, as he took his place in the back of the line.  Taking a moment of time, he read over the fliers.  He wasn't so hot on the local exchange rate, but five bits for an entire bushel sounded like a bargain, and-

Oh.

Oh dear.

Things just couldn't be simple, could they?

"I hope word doesn't get back to the Empress about this."  This would be his first kiss, too.  Perhaps, some kind of exception could be negotiated...

• Like 2

RRhqIJw.png

Not one day after Iron Pony ended, and Sunset Shimmer had already gotten herself into another unplanned side-journey. It was only supposed to be a quick trip to Equestria to pick up a new magical journal so Sunset could keep in touch with her new unicorn pen-pal from anywhere within the Multiverse. But before leaving, the unicorn mare also decided to touch base with some of her other newfound acquaintances from half a world away.

One thing led to another, and Sunset Shimmer found herself showing Feng Yinhaitao the way to Sweet Apple Acres. On the way, the unicorn decided it would be interesting to compare the apples here to the ones her good friend grew back on her farm Over There. Although mildly annoyed at the long line today, Sunset decided to stick it out and keep her longma chum company in the meantime.

The mare looked at the fliers that seemed to fill Feng with dred... and dismissively snorted. Really?” Sunset chided, rolling her eyes; “Does your Empress actually forbid her warriors from kissing ANYBODY?” This crush of Feng’s was starting to sound quite strange... and perhaps even misplaced. What sort of mare was this Empress truly, anyway?

• Like 2

Feng Banner.png

Feng let out a long, lip-flapping sigh in response to Sunset Shimmer's snort.  "No, mere warriors are allowed to kiss whom they like.  Watchers, on the other hand, have further oaths and obligations.  Among which is to take no other binding relation, romance, or familial tie that would possibly divide one's attention and Loyalty from the Empress."  As irritating as such restrictions could be, Feng was still proud to have earned the right to bear them, given how far he'd come and long he'd struggled to get there.  "But I don't think kissing is actually forbidden.  Especially if it comes up in the line of duty during a covert op.  My colleagues who specialize in infiltration could tell you a few stories..."

He chuckled at the memory, as he let his wings relax somewhat.  The two of them were relatively isolated at the back of the line, so he felt confident enough to lower his voice and confide in his new friend, "To tell you the truth, it isn't that which is the problem, I... just don't know if I want this mare to have my first kiss, you see.  There is another..."  He trailed off, looking around again to see if anypony was listening in.  "Well, you know."  A warrior- ahem, Watcher the longma may be, but he was also a romantic at heart.

• Like 2

Tiger hummed to himself as he sat there in the line, listening to the two that arrived behind him. What was going on? The stallion was worried about a kiss? Tiger tilted his head a bit as they lowered their voices and he couldn't really make out anything else, so he decided to turn around and look at them. He raised an eyebrow, smirking a bit as he waited for them to break their little huddle before speaking to them.

"C'mon, a kiss is nothing to worry about. I woulda thought a stallion like you would've already kissed multiple ponies, looking like that." He said, winking at both of them. "You look great too, you got a first kiss yet? I'd be surprised if not." He chuckled, watching the two. Tiger paused a moment before continuing, stretching a bit more. "I'm sure you'll be fine, not like you have to kiss em on the lips or anything anyways if you don't wanna. Personally, I'll be taking advantage of the chance to kiss a good-looking pony and get some snacks at the same time."

• Like 1

RRhqIJw.png

Sunset Shimmer would have used this opportunity to explain to Feng that speaking from her personal experience, first kisses weren’t the earth-shattering milestones there were cracked up to be. However, the stallion in front of Feng beat Sunset to the punch, which the unicorn mare wouldn’t have minded... if not for the rude unsolicited compliment the stranger felt entitled to send Sunset’s way! UGGGGGH, the sheer nerve!!!

Miss Shimmer had to put up with that crud from boys every week during her part-time gig at the Mall’s sushi joint. Thankfully no guy she knew from Canterlot High harassed her while on the clock; while she will always be immensely grateful that her classmates by and large no longer treated her with the uttermost fear, the Equestrian girl also appreciated how everyone there respected the  one clear personal boundary of Sunset’s to never cross. But with other unpleasant customers... Sunset basically had no choice but to smile and put up with catcalls and lame unoriginal “are you on fire?” pickup-lines or else lose her job and source of income.

.....But we’re in her world now, not that world, and no little stallion was going to disrespect Sunset Shimmer and walk-off scot free! Well, if he persisted further, that is. Not wanting to cause a scene just yet, Sunset merely shot the rude pony an unamused glare; her nonverbal way of telling him that if he wanted to brag about being a pig, he can go bug somepony else!

Once Sunset was reasonably satisfied that she and Feng wouldn’t be bothered further by the interloper, she continued their conversation from before, except speaking in a quieter tone to discourage the stranger from jutting in. “Take it from me,” offered the mare; “Forget any nonsense you’ve ever heard about the so-called “magic” of first kisses and true love. I’ve dated before, and I’m just going to tell you now that your first kiss WILL be all awkward and, when it comes down to it, unmemorable. My ex-boyfriend... he couldn’t put passion in a smooch to save his life!”

There were things Feng said earlier however that sparked a philosophical discontent within Sunset. “If you don’t mind me backtracking a bit though,” the unicorn’s voice became even more hushed than before; “This just may be culture-shock talking Feng, so please try not to take this too personally or anything...  but speaking as somepony who went mad with a lust for revenge and power during a dark time in my life, I know insecurity when I see it. Your Empress telling you that being a loyal Watcher means not being allowed to love ANYBODY ELSE? That has the stench of insecurity written all over it.”

“Look, I admit that I don’t actually know the Empress like you do... but I can’t help but think back to when I was Princess Celestia’s bratty apprentice. I remember always getting mad at her because it seemed like not a day went by without Celestia bugging me about how I needed to make new friends, or encouraging me to write a letter to my family back home that I disowned... or strongly hinting I should invite the new girl at school to the Saddle Hawkins dance.....” That last one came with a quick blush; “The point being that while I failed to appreciate it at the time, I can’t imagine AT ALL a Princess Celestia who didn’t encourage her subjects to find ponies to love and cherish. Just think about it: if our royal guard ponies weren’t allowed to be in relationships, then Princess Cadence wouldn’t have been able to marry Princess Twilight’s brother, and everything I’ve ever heard about him makes me believe he’s actually a stand-up guy!”

The mare rubbed the back of the neck as she apologetically smiled; “Sorry about the rant, but it’s just that hearing you’re not allowed to have family or relationships rubs me the wrong way.....”

• Like 2