[Sweet Apple Acres] 100 Country Kisses (Closed. NO Kisses Left)

Hippo

The Prince chuckled to himself as he waited in line, watching in turn as each of his friends took their turn...sampling Apples, so to speak. It was such a cute and quaint idea. If something like this worked for something like selling apples, perhaps something similar could be done for charities back home instead. It was certainly something to ponder over. But if it made the old bags of bones back home flip their wigs, it'd certainly be worth the time and effort that went into it. And they could hardly speak out against it if it was for charity now could they? They would have to thank the Apples for this idea later, but for now it seemed it was finally Lián's moment in line. A smile gracing his face and a nod of his head to Yanhua. "There's nothing to worry about, my friend. No hearts will be broken to day, of that I'm certain." after all, it seemed Apple Bloom was already occupied entertaining someone to b-

Well scratch that. As the Prince arrived up at Applejack's stand, before he could even open his mouth to speak, the filly was there in a flash. Any faster and he was almost certain she could have broken the sound barrier. Impressive to say the least. The stallion would smile and politely give a little bow in greeting, brushing back a stray lock of his mane as he stood back straight. "Good afternoon Apple Bloom, I happened upon a flyer for this today on a little walk of mine." he'd say patting the pocket where just the corner of the flyer could still be seen. "I had planned on stopping by to visit regardless while I was here, but this seemed such an interesting concept I decided to forego other plans I had thought of to make a trip here. I'm quite glad I did, it gave me a chance to see some dear friends of mine while they were here." Lián would motion towards Feng and Yanhua making their way down the road before turning his smile back to Apple Bloom. "And a chance to see you and your family, of course. But yes!~ Apologies, I'm taking up your time. I can't claim to be the most knowledgeable in what apples are the sweetest. So I shall trust your judgement, Apple Bloom. I'll take a bushel of whatever your favourite apple is."

5HbB79Q.pngApplebanner2.png

Apple Bloom giggled to herself as the Prince talked, his dreamy accent filling her head full of fluff and goof. His scales, his dressin', the way he moved and looked and talked- her heart would be aflutter if it weren't hammering, her eyes would be glazed back if they weren't fixated like a hawk. But for all of her strength and ability in many ways she wasn't gonna be able to fulfill all of his requests on account of one simple fact: Despite her best efforts, she was losing the fight with Applejack's head. And even if she was winning, she'd certainly lose if she moved her hoof to get the apples. She clearly hadn't thought this through... "Well, uhh, how 'bout some nice-" she began before Applejack changed tactics.

She pulled her head back entirely. With nothing bracing against her back legs anymore, Apple Bloom fell behind the podium back legs first with a wild, "Woooo- SPLAT!". Applejack immediately stepped up. "Cool yourself down there a spell, Apple Bloom. Yer goin' off more than a lion in season," she said to the now-muddy smaller apple down below, putting one of her legs on her for emphasis. She then looked up at the Prince. "Mighty sorry about that. She certainly has a bit of an attraction ta ya," Applejack replied with a nervous laugh before she started collecting the last of her Fuji apples. "These might remind you of yer homeland, Prince Lee-Ann. Mighty happy ta see you drop on by!" She said over the sounds of a struggling Apple Bloom, who come Tartarus or high water was going to kiss her Prince.

*Prince Lee-Ann*

Spoiler

3 Kisses left!
98. Prince Lian
99. Moonlight Glitter

Next up

Kissed
1-10

Spoiler

1. Carrot Fields :smug:
2. Reno Golucky
3. Lore Weaver
4. Dunder Blust :?
5. Gentle Sol
6. Flam watapplejackbyfelixkotd.png
7. Starburst :?
8. Astral :smug:
9. Flim watapplejackbyfelixkotd.png
10. Silverbolt :smug:

11-20

Spoiler

11. Klondike :smug:
12. Lyra Heartstrings
13. Donut "Pony" Joe
14. Rarity ajscreen.png;)
15. Pigpen :smug:
16. Cherry Jubilee :?
17. Misty Morning :smug:
18. Pathfinder :?
19. Earth Writer :smug:
20. Thorn

21-30

Spoiler

21. Metal Maker :smug:
22. Twilight Shine
23. Opal Shards
24. Bon Bon
25. Electric Vibe :smug:ajscreen.png
26. Princess Luna
27. Guiding Light
28. Mythos Gray
29. Harrington Sleuth
30. Pumpkin Cake

31-40

Spoiler

31. Inkwell
32. Pinkie Pie :smirk:
33. Star Storm :smug:
34. Master Mustang
35. Parhelion
36. Prime Meridian
37. Razor
38. Dr. Spin Tale
39. Professor Ashen Smirk
40. Quiet Harmony

41-50

Spoiler

41. Ice Storm
42. Heart Line
43. Pocket Change
44. Sugar Rush
45. Moonstone II
46. Valen Orange
47. Mojo
48. Trixie :shifty:
49. Princess Twilight Sparkle
50. Zelda

51-60

Spoiler

51. Curiosity Sparks
52. Flash Sentry
53. Gadget
54. Professor Clyde Krashkop
55. Carrot Top
56. Presteza
57. Prince Blueblood
58. Princess Celestia :Celest:
59. Princess Cadance
60. Ruby Pinch

61-70

Spoiler

61. Berry Punch
62. Fluttershy
63. Red Cedar
64. Night Glider
65. Granola Gracie
66. Cheerilee
67. Fast Track
68. Fire Walker
69. Sky Sailing
70. Gideon

71-80

Spoiler

71. Mint Zest
72. Discord
73. Rune Writer
74. Rainbow Dash <3
75. Tai
76. Detached Cable
77. Ejaz
78. Boulder Dash
79. Chipper Demise
80. Dusty

81-90

Spoiler

81. Princess Blueblood
82. Swift Squall
83. Mythic Visions
84. Starlight Glimmer
85. Countess Coloratura
86. Naj
87. Tempest Shadow
88. Silverstream
89. Smolder
90. Grubber

91-100

Spoiler

Spoiler

91. Candy Cain
92. Spike
93. Stellar Drift
94. Tiger
95. Feng Yinhaitao
96. Sunset Shimmer
97. Yanhua

• 2 months later...

Lián chuckled softly, Apple Bloom's determination was certainly admirable. The mischievous side of the Prince did wonder, just how strong that determination was. Perhaps it would be fun to bide a little bit of time. Nodding his head the qilin smile. "I quite happy to have been able to stop by as well. It's been far too long since we all last spoke." he would say as he looked the apples over with a polite tilt of his head "Ah, they do look rather delicious! I have to admit I've been interested in learning more. What can you tell me about this particular..." the stallion rubbed his chin in thought, searching for the right word. "The term is cultivar right? The terminology escapes me but it has had me rather fascinated." Truthfully, this wasn't a lie. The stallion liked to learn about whatever he could, he wanted to speak with the rest of the girls again at some point to learn more about their trade as well, but right now Lián thought it the easiest method in which to give Apple Bloom that little bit of extra time. It was all far too humorous.

((Sorry for the terribly long delay, and terribly short post ;3; ))

• Like 2

She recognized stalling for time when she saw it, especially since she reckoned he had to know at least a little about Fujis. Nonetheless, she humored him as she picked up a Fuji as if she were holding an ancient relic and describing it to a class. "Fuji apples? Well, they're one of tha sweetest apples we grow, though still has some tartness to it," she started off, struggling a little more to keep her sister pinned. "It's a bi-colored apple an' has fine-grain, creamy white flesh-" the struggle only increased- "an-an' one heck of a juicy, ultra-sweet bite that makes you think of freshly pressed apple juice," she said as she looked down once and frowned, though it was kicked off her face quickly. "They're nice an' crunchy too!" She said with a forced smile, putting the Fuji back into the bushel and deciding she'd had enough of this tomfoolery. 

Applejack heaved a sigh and let her leg up, the smaller Apple filly scrambling out of the mud messily as she tried to get up. Applejack didn't have the willpower for this foolishness now. She just wanted to sell some dang apples and make this day a booming business bonanza but she couldn't account for a little filly's heart-throbbing crush. He was a handsome fellow, she'd give her that. "Alright Apple Bloom, you want ta make a fool of yerself, make a fool of yerself," she said as she bent down, whispering angrily to her sister. "This is tha definition of bad business and yer makin' us look like a bunch of rascals and nincompoops," she said as she stepped back. "But you can go on ahead and do it. When yer done though, wash up. Ah reckon Ah'm not needin' yer services tha rest of tha night," Applejack finished before turning back to her customer.

"Sorry for the hassle. I think she wants ta get this kiss! Ah'll take tha bits an' yer bushel is ready an' waitin'," Applejack said with a nervous laugh. It didn't take long for Apple Bloom, messed up mane and mud caked body and all smiles, to pull her way up to the stand, nearly face to face with the Prince. She tried to give her best half-lidded expression but it was hard with her giggling and blushing.

*Prince Lee-Ann*

Spoiler

3 Kisses left!
98. Prince Lian
99. Moonlight Glitter

Next up

Kissed
1-10

Spoiler

2. Reno Golucky
3. Lore Weaver
5. Gentle Sol

11-20

Spoiler

12. Lyra Heartstrings
13. Donut "Pony" Joe
20. Thorn

21-30

Spoiler

22. Twilight Shine
23. Opal Shards
24. Bon Bon
26. Princess Luna
27. Guiding Light
28. Mythos Gray
29. Harrington Sleuth
30. Pumpkin Cake

31-40

Spoiler

31. Inkwell
34. Master Mustang
35. Parhelion
36. Prime Meridian
37. Razor
38. Dr. Spin Tale
40. Quiet Harmony

41-50

Spoiler

41. Ice Storm
42. Heart Line
43. Pocket Change
44. Sugar Rush
45. Moonstone II
46. Valen Orange
47. Mojo
50. Zelda

51-60

Spoiler

51. Curiosity Sparks
52. Flash Sentry
53. Gadget
55. Carrot Top
56. Presteza
57. Prince Blueblood
59. Princess Cadance
60. Ruby Pinch

61-70

Spoiler

61. Berry Punch
62. Fluttershy
63. Red Cedar
64. Night Glider
65. Granola Gracie
66. Cheerilee
67. Fast Track
68. Fire Walker
69. Sky Sailing
70. Gideon

71-80

Spoiler

71. Mint Zest
72. Discord
73. Rune Writer
74. Rainbow Dash <3
75. Tai
76. Detached Cable
77. Ejaz
78. Boulder Dash
79. Chipper Demise
80. Dusty

81-90

Spoiler

81. Princess Blueblood
82. Swift Squall
83. Mythic Visions
84. Starlight Glimmer
85. Countess Coloratura
86. Naj
87. Tempest Shadow
88. Silverstream
89. Smolder
90. Grubber

91-100

Spoiler

Spoiler

91. Candy Cain
92. Spike
93. Stellar Drift
94. Tiger
95. Feng Yinhaitao
96. Sunset Shimmer
97. Yanhua

• Hearthoof 1

The Prince chuckled once again and smiled, offering Applejack an understanding nod "Those will do just fine, they sound quite delicious." Lián dug into a pocket of his robe, fetching out a small satchel of bits that he carried on his person, he knew better than to carry too much money anyway, being made to wear his robes was already enough to make him stand out, he didn't need to be carrying all the bits he could on him. Laying the bits down on the table, Lián smiled at the sisters, it seemed that Apple Bloom's determination had won out today. Perhaps Applejack was getting soft? That wasn't really for the qilin to say though. Just to think. It was all in good fun anyway.

Before Apple Bloom would get her 'hard earned reward' so to speak, Lián pulled a hoofkerchief from another pocket of his robe, using it to clean the mud and muss away from her face and mane. With a little flick to the ground the hoofkerchief was left clean and sparkling as it was when he withdrew it. "It never hurt to keep one of those on hoof, never know when the need might arise." he would offer with a playful wink as he tucked the cloth back away into his robe.

Placing a hoof under Apple Bloom's chin, the prince would gently steady her head. "Easy there, shake too much and one might miss the mark ahah." and with that, the stallion leaned in and pressed his lips to Apple Bloom's in a sweet, tender little kiss. One that, for the filly, probably felt like it lasted a lifetime. But surely was only a few moments. Pulling back, the prince smiled and dipped his head. "There we are, I hope that was up to your standards, Miss Apple Bloom." he'd say with a playful grin.

• Hearthoof 1

Apple Bloom was quaking with excitement internally, trying her darnedest to make sure it didn't show but failing all the same to the extent that one would swear she had the slightest of shivers due to a cold wind blowing through. It wasn't that- and when he washed her face off, she let out a low tittering giggle that she didn't have much control over. That was just the start. He then reached over and cupped her chin oh so gently and steered her into the promised land, laying down a warm, brief kiss that may as well have lasted a thousand moons for the filly. She imagined a lifetime of bliss in those moments- courtship, dating, marriage, foals, becoming Queen, the whole nine hooves and then some- before he pulled away, asking if it was good for her. She opened up her mouth to talk but all of her blood had rushed to her face to form the harshest and reddest blush in the history of the artform. She swooned, spoke to herself unintelligibly, and fell backwards behind the stand, plopping once more into the mud.

A successful day indeed.

Applejack once more stepped over her sister's twitching form and collected the bits, shuffling them into her growing war chest of business success. "Thank ya kindly, Prince. Ah hope yer bushel treats ya right," she said with a smile, pleased at how the day had gone. Princes and Princesses, the paupers and the downtrodden and everycreature in between. It had been a real treat, a real blast, and it wasn't ending just yet. "Ah hope you have a good'n, Prince Lee-Ann!" She said as she waved him off. It had been pretty exciting and doubly so for APple Bloom, who was still twitching in the mud below her. Applejack shook her head. "Get back in tha house and clean yerself up. Yer done for tha day, sugarcube," she said barely above a whisper, trying to hide a giggle. Yep, she was a mess. Funny to see, annoying to deal with.

She cleaned off the top and rolled her shoulders. "Next!"

Glitterbanner.png

Moonlight trotted confidently up to the stand, laughing as she did so. "Well, that was totally expected. Is Apple Bloom even breathing down there? Abby, deep breaths. No prince likes it when you, like, pass out on top of them," she said as she arrived, two hooves in the stand. "Hey there cuz. How's your big business day? Kissing, like, everypony and everycreature in the region, eh? Just for business or is this a plan of yours?" She winked, "secret's totally safe with me, filly."

*Moonlight Glitter*

Spoiler

2 Kisses left!
99. Moonlight Glitter

Next up

Kissed
1-10

Spoiler

2. Reno Golucky
3. Lore Weaver
5. Gentle Sol

11-20

Spoiler

12. Lyra Heartstrings
13. Donut "Pony" Joe
20. Thorn

21-30

Spoiler

22. Twilight Shine
23. Opal Shards
24. Bon Bon
26. Princess Luna
27. Guiding Light
28. Mythos Gray
29. Harrington Sleuth
30. Pumpkin Cake

31-40

Spoiler

31. Inkwell
34. Master Mustang
35. Parhelion
36. Prime Meridian
37. Razor
38. Dr. Spin Tale
40. Quiet Harmony

41-50

Spoiler

41. Ice Storm
42. Heart Line
43. Pocket Change
44. Sugar Rush
45. Moonstone II
46. Valen Orange
47. Mojo
50. Zelda

51-60

Spoiler

51. Curiosity Sparks
52. Flash Sentry
53. Gadget
55. Carrot Top
56. Presteza
57. Prince Blueblood
59. Princess Cadance
60. Ruby Pinch

61-70

Spoiler

61. Berry Punch
62. Fluttershy
63. Red Cedar
64. Night Glider
65. Granola Gracie
66. Cheerilee
67. Fast Track
68. Fire Walker
69. Sky Sailing
70. Gideon

71-80

Spoiler

71. Mint Zest
72. Discord
73. Rune Writer
74. Rainbow Dash <3
75. Tai
76. Detached Cable
77. Ejaz
78. Boulder Dash
79. Chipper Demise
80. Dusty

81-90

Spoiler

81. Princess Blueblood
82. Swift Squall
83. Mythic Visions
84. Starlight Glimmer
85. Countess Coloratura
86. Naj
87. Tempest Shadow
88. Silverstream
89. Smolder
90. Grubber

91-100

Spoiler

Spoiler

91. Candy Cain
92. Spike
93. Stellar Drift
94. Tiger
95. Feng Yinhaitao
96. Sunset Shimmer
97. Yanhua
98. Prince Lian

• Like 1

"Ahh. I do seem to have that effect on creatures now and again." Lián said with a playful little grin before blowing out a small cloud of smoke to carry his bushel of apples by his side. "Thank you, Applejack, I'm certain they'll be wonderful. I do hope that the rest of your year is as prosperous as this, and that we get to see one another again soon. Perhaps over some apple tea next time." the qilin gave a proper bow to both Applejack and to the new arrival as well, stepping aside and leaning over the side of the counter. "It was lovely seeing you again as well, Apple Bloom. Until we meet again!" with that, the prince gave one last wave and began ambling his way back on down the trail. From somewhere in the trees a sharp ear might be able to hear the slightest of rustling. But perhaps that was just the breeze...

• Like 1

igjYwEF.png

It had been a good day. Applejack had avoided disaster and made profit in a situation that could have been a loss due to mismanagement. But her and her family's wits always kept them afloat, even when it required heartstrings to be pulled. The orange mare had sold apples by the bushel, selling out of nearly all the excess apples they had. It was a good thing the remaining inventory would not be heavy, as she was getting tired by the late afternoon burn of her muscle's aches and pains. But she was a strong one. Despite her years on the farm, this aging pony was not going to easily let the labor she endured every day on the farm for several decades keep her from fulfilling her apple sale duties all the way until the end of the day. But thanks to her depleting energy level, that moment was coming to a close very soon.

The line for apples and kisses had disappeared. The citizens of Equestria could only handle so much apple kissing, but she figured more would come the next day to assume the sale would continue. Fortunately for her chapped lips and the hearts of her family, the sale would not continue tomorrow and hopefully never again. Applejack started packing up some of the non-essentials in order to make end of day routine checks easier. But any remaining customers still had time before the farm pony's lips would be locked away forever.

Her back was turned when Moonlight stepped up to the stand. She overheard the pink unicorn remark on Apple Bloom's heart which by all recognition seemed to have floated off to space. Applejack turned forward. "Heh heh, yeah. She'll get over it. Business has been great." Applejack chuckled at her cousin's assumptions and teases. Word must have gotten to the school where undoubtedly several hundred teenage creatures expressed how hilarious they thought an applekiss might be, but then internally daydreamed about kissing their crushes in the school's halls. "Ain't no secret ah'm afraid. Just sellin' apples. It's always about apples." If she needed to, Applejack could express her ability to make Rainbow Dash do whatever she wanted with a cold mug of cider, and the fact that she named her first son after the famed zany apple variety that grew miraculously on the farm. It was always about apples. Always.

"What about you? Shouldn't you be swoonin' over that coltfriend of yours?" She chuckled at the joke she had just thought of. "Did you...  did you run out of things to ask him to do for you? Heh heh heh." Implying that Remington had Moonlight wrapped around his hoof was an inside joke Applejack had with Moonlight, and she always like to think that he was practically a slave to her unmistakable beauty.

• Like 1

Glitterbanner.png

Moonlight giggled as her cousin remarked that Apple Bloom would get over it. She'd have to, right? Prince Lian was a morsel and a half but he lived so far away and with so many layers of society between them that it was a dead-end. Apple Bloom should consider her stars crossed and lucky clovers rained on and cash out her chips now. Not many ponies got a little kiss from a hunk like that. "Hopefully. I mean, it'd be, like, a shame if she just laid there for the rest of her life," she said as she looked around. Apple Bloom was slowly pulling herself up, which made Moonlight smile. "At least she's still conscious."

Soon enough the topic turned from Apple Bloom's leg-quaking crush on a Princeling to Moonlight's lip-smacking relationship with a fellow student. She smiled broadly, her tail flicking around in smooth waves. He was a charmer who didn't have to try and a piece of loving who didn't need any conditioning. Of course, that didn't mean she didn't try to get some TLC out of him. What was a coltfriend for if not backrubs and hoofrubs? "Oh cousin, don't you worry. I've got, like, a million things I can have him do. I'm nothing if not, like, playfully high maintenance, right?" The not so playfully high maintenance filly said as she winked. "Besides, I make sure he swoons over me. The right scents and moves, you know it!"

She flipped her mane out before returning to the business of the day. She could stand her, gabbing with her cousin all day about her cute coltfriend, but she was here on business. Apple business. And if there was one business that she knew her cousin would respect, it was apple business! "Anywho, well, I need your help," she said as she leaned in, "and only you can help. I need your, like, super apple brain to help me out. I need a bushel of apples that will totally work as great snack foods and can handle, like, being totally left out on a desk for a while. Also, something other than red skin. So, whatcha got goin' for me, eh?"

• Like 1

c5LeMyK.png

What a mare she had grown into. Moonlight was a catch, even Applejack was smitten by her ability to be an amazing cousin. It seemed like yesterday she was showing an orange foal around the farm to do chores that would nearly kill them. Most ponies got word that magic help turn this pony into the dazzler she is now, but Applejack knew good that hard-workin' tough-lovin' apple-eatin' earth pony magic had a huge role to play in who she became. And she was still so young, too. How many more healthy sore muscles could Applejack squeeze out of Moonlight before the age of time took them both too far to play that traditional farm pony game?

And such was a pony who matured before Applejack's eyes, Moonlight had places to be and boyfriends to cuddle with, she meant business. "No red skin apples?" She looked at her mostly depleted inventory. "I have a bushel of golden delicious, but too many of them got bruises. I have about half a bushel of ginger golds. How about I jus' take out the bruises golden delicious and give you a mix bushel." Applejack didn't hesitate for Moonlight to agree with her. In the event the pretty unicorn was not satisfied with such a suggestion, Applejack would find ways for her to conform to her sales pitch. She began tossing golden delicious apples that had been bruised and partially smashed into a spare bucket, and tossed the rest of the golden delicious apples that would survive a good week on the shelf with the ginger golds. "If you ever can't tell the two apart, ginger golds are a brighter yella and they have a more tart taste to them than golden delicious."

Applejack finished piling up the bushel of apples, trying to make it as generous as possible for her favorite cousin. "Why do you need so many apples? Do you really need to study that much? Or is this for two ponies?" Applejack smirked. "You know, I learned form Rainbow Dash that pegasus ponies don't burn as many calories as you think they would. You wouldn't want to make the poor guy fat feeding him apples now would you?"

• Like 1

Glitterbanner.png

You could put age on the pelt of the workhorse but the moment Applejack opened her mouth she had all the youthful energy and power that she had all that time ago when Moony had first come to the farm for a stint from Manehattan. Moon leaned over the counter and stretched herself on it as she spoke with her cousin, more comfortable around her than almost anycreature else in the world. Almost.
"Yeah, no red skin. Not for, like, a big reason. Just want something a scosche  different and red isn't really in season right now, ya know?" She said as she watched her cousin go about the difficult job of satisfying her order. Difficult, if only because Moonlight could be rather demanding. Well, when it didn't involve her cousin. She was more easygoing than not with her.

"Mix and match is fine. I'm not gonna strangle you for, like, not giving me a pure bushel," she said as she toyed with her mane a little, inspecting it for any split-ends. Those were the worst, uggh. She didn't get very many of them because she knew how to take care of herself just right but it was a possibility that struck fear into her heart. As she did so she heard her cousin discuss the difference between the types of apples she was giving to Moonlight. Ginger Golds? It wasn't one of Sweet Apple Acres' major cultivars. It wasn't that well known and it wasn't anypony's favorite, as far as she knew. It was a good apple- Applejack didn't grow any bad ones- but not one she thought would be seen out here. Talk about scrapping the bottom of the barrel! 

"Ginger Golds? Well, like, I guess it has been a busy day. Can you even feel your mouth or, like, is it all numb and stuff?" She giggled. It didn't stop as Applejack started giving her advice on her to keep her pegasus healthy and fit. Like most birds, they needed a lot of upkeep. She knew all about keeping him up, but she appreciated the thought anyway.
"Jackie, don't worry about my pegasus. I can get him to burn a lot of calories. I have my ways," she winked, her horn sparking as if electrified. Between her and coltfriend there was nothing but sparks. Not that it was just Remington who was getting a taste of her apples. She was nothing if not a generous sort and she would ensure that he didn't get her mixed bushel alone.
"It's for whoever comes by. Remmy, my friends, whoever wants to, like, stop by Castle Le Grande Moon," she smiled. Her dorm room was a party zone for all the cool creatures after all! She dug through her saddlebag.
"Five bits, right?"

• Like 2

igjYwEF.png

"My lips are fine and healthy, thank you very much." Applejack rolled her eyes as the fancy unicorn gave her best Rarity impression. Applejack could understand the persnickety perspective of a pretty pony like Moonlight, but she knew who the real fashionista pony in Equestria was. "It's just that you asked for no apples with red skin, and here I thought you liked things with red skin." She punned towards Moonlight as the winking competition continued. Having fallen in love with a pegasus pony herself, Applejack knew that there was an interesting element involved in having a relationship that close with a pony with wings. Something about the idea that they could fly away from you but don't, was internally one of the most romantic things an earth pony could feel. Or unicorn, in Moony's case.

"Five bits is the fairest price for the fairest pony." Applejack leaned into Moonlight's attitude. While waiting for Moonlight to dig her coltfriend's money out of her purse, Applejack slyly expressed, "Where would you like me to kiss you? I'm trying to find a spot where Remington hasn't already done the deed, but I'm having trouble figuring out where that would be."

• Like 1

Glitterbanner.png

Moonlight smiled as she decided to take the red skin comment in stride, winking before she responded. "Oh, you know I do. Maybe a little too much," she responded with a churlish giggle. She thought that there was something about red, orange, pink and yellow that just made you a little bit cooler than anypony else. Not that she'd tell everypony with those pelt colors. Didn't want a certain apple family to get all high and mighty about their awesomeness, right? Well after today she felt as if that was a foregone conclusion. And who could blame them? They were making what, a minimum of five hundred bits today? Probably more. Hard to not get excited and feel all high and mighty about that, right?

She dug out five bit and put them on the table. She would take the flattery and return it, as was her style and want. "Five bits for a bushel of the best apples in, like, the whole world?" She pushed them forward. "Seems like a total con to me, but I'm not the one selling it," she said with a laugh. And then a blush. Where hadn't he? Hmm. "You're right, that is pretty tough. He can get, like, real active. And has a ton of energy, like, for real," she said as she fake pondered the question. She really didn't care where her cousin gave her a kiss, she was just happy to be around her. "Oh, I guess you can, like, just do your worst. Or best. You've got killer judgement, sweetie."

• Like 1

c5LeMyK.png

Applejack was blinded by the glint. Not of the golden bits set on the counter, but by the sequence that rained from Moonlight's mane and tail. Her cousin certainly had become quite the pony girl. Applejack knew that it was amazing to see younger generations get older, transforming themselves into better ponies with more mature aspirations, but Moonlight was a case all her own. If Applejack somehow achieved ascendancy and became an alicorn, it would still pale in comparison to Moonlight's overhaul. And what's best is that she shared her joyous identity with others. A certain red pegasus had some exclusive rights, but even the other creatures around the unicorn were positively dazzled by her ability to use her talents to improve their lives. The only downside is that no one could ever tell her to shake what her mother gave her.

The pause was entertaining, as Applejack looked at her cousin with love. So many awkward kisses had come through and it pushed Applejack's attitude farther than she could muster at times. But this was normal. She had no problems with the affection she could give her favorite cousin. And anypony who would snicker a cousin-loving joke would get a buckfull in the face. Despite her age, Applejack still got it. Applejack stepped out from behind her table and reached into Moonlight's face. The warmth of the mare was inviting, and no sweat was beading down her pelt. Applejack couldn't say the same. Applejack eyed a space just above the unicorn's brow. Her cotton candies bangs revealed just enough space for her to invade it with her apple flavored lips. As she made contact with the unicorn's forehead, she reached around her neck with a hoof and embraced her cousin for a few seconds, allowing the two pony's heads to contribute to a display of familial love that would be unmistakable had anyone seen it. Her lips detached but she remained close. "I love you, cousin."

Spoiler

1 Kiss left!
Next up

100. ?????

Kissed
1-10

Spoiler

2. Reno Golucky
3. Lore Weaver
5. Gentle Sol
6. Flam
9. Flam

11-20

Spoiler

12. Lyra Heartstrings
13. Donut "Pony" Joe
14. Rarity ;)
20. Thorn

21-30

Spoiler

22. Twilight Shine
23. Opal Shards
24. Bon Bon
25. Electric Vibe :smug:
26. Princess Luna
27. Guiding Light
28. Mythos Gray
29. Harrington Sleuth
30. Pumpkin Cake

31-40

Spoiler

31. Inkwell
34. Master Mustang
35. Parhelion
36. Prime Meridian
37. Razor
38. Dr. Spin Tale
40. Quiet Harmony

41-50

Spoiler

41. Ice Storm
42. Heart Line
43. Pocket Change
44. Sugar Rush
45. Moonstone II
46. Valen Orange
47. Mojo
50. Zelda

51-60

Spoiler

51. Curiosity Sparks
52. Flash Sentry
53. Gadget
55. Carrot Top
56. Presteza
57. Prince Blueblood
59. Princess Cadance
60. Ruby Pinch

61-70

Spoiler

61. Berry Punch
62. Fluttershy
63. Red Cedar
64. Night Glider
65. Granola Gracie
66. Cheerilee
67. Fast Track
68. Fire Walker
69. Sky Sailing
70. Gideon

71-80

Spoiler

71. Mint Zest
72. Discord
73. Rune Writer
74. Rainbow Dash <3
75. Tai
76. Detached Cable
77. Ejaz
78. Boulder Dash
79. Chipper Demise
80. Dusty

81-90

Spoiler

81. Princess Bluebelle
82. Swift Squall
83. Mythic Visions
84. Starlight Glimmer
85. Countess Coloratura
86. Naj
87. Tempest Shadow
88. Silverstream
89. Smolder
90. Grubber

91-100

Spoiler

91. Candy Cain
92. Spike
93. Stellar Drift
94. Tiger
95. Feng Yinhaitao
96. Sunset Shimmer
97. Yanhua
98. Prince Lian
99. Moonlight Glitter

• Like 1
  • Hearthoof 1

Glitterbanner.png

It took Applejack no short time to get to the business of the day's business, trying to make herself a competitor in fierceness of affections for the little unicorn. Moonlight may be a young mare and she may half-buried in the inviting mane of Remington but she would always have a soft spot in her burgeoning heart for her cousin. She loved her parents, she did. Despite all of the wildness and  turmoil that had been her great contribution to their day to day life they had always stood by her. But, for all of their love, they were so very busy and always with their eyes forward. Applejack always had the time for her, from the first day on the farm to now. She was a great mare and an even better family member.

All of which was to say that when Applejack gave her a kiss on the forehead ext to her horn she blushed and tittered. It wasn't as cool as getting a kiss from Remington, but she loved it nonetheless. "Yep, you still got it!" She said as she gave her cousin a hug. After releasing it she took her apples in her magic and smiled. "It was super nice seeing you. Just like last time, for real!" She laughed, then flipped her mane. "See you soon Jackie!"

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

c5LeMyK.png

As Moonlight carried her apples away and took her dazzling mane and tail with her, Applejack smiled with love and appreciation for the ponies in her life. Some were friends, many of them were considered family. A few destroyed the idea of what family even meant to her, and reshaped what would have been considered a blood tradition less than a couple generations ago. She sometimes wondered how it was that ponies could bond regardless of how deep their genetic ties are, but she often suspected it had something to do with that twisted apple and pear tree cultivation that her parents once planted the seeds to. Even now, Applejack and others could feel the residual radiation of their love for each other, and Applejack was likely the largest vent of that expression in Ponyville.

She turned back to her apple stash, organizing what was left of her inventory. According to the rough tally that her little sister had help create, they were one short of a hundred customers for the day. Likely a complete failure of a sale in the eyes of a statistician. But of course, to her it was anything but. Not only had she been able to rid the large supply of apples that carried over from previous harvest that would spoil if not sold in time, but she was able to experience the love and affection of ponies and creatures from Ponyville and beyond and everything they had to offer. Some customers used it as an excuse to meet the lips of the apple mare. This was odd, but not unacceptable. To all the others that genuinely liked being apart of what the apple orchard had to offer, it was clear to Applejack that their product was more than just a fleshy fruit. The apple kiss sale was also an advertisement for a community of friends to get to know each other and realize how much they all appreciate being apart of this pony ecosystem of love and friendship.

For many years Applejack had increased her involvement in Sweet Apple Acres leadership. As Granny got older, she needed to take more and more of the responsibility and decision-making. The process was not quick, but eventually Applejack would become the new matriarch of the farm, and others would look to her for advisement on farm-related subjects and for lessons on how to grow an honest crop of food and friendship. As time passed, Applejack grew more wiser and more patient, but still held that fiery spirit of integrity she got from her grandmother. Her mane was harder to keep, but she was never a mare to care that much. Her bones creaked and cracked more often, but she would still win a hoof-wrestle with ponies half her age. And as for her family, it had gotten bigger. Applejack had a direct connection to the expansion of her family, and it would prove to be the most rewarding experience of her life. The presence of family around a hearth provided more life satisfaction than kicking the butts of changeling malfeasance and lassoing guilty minions.

And now the sun began setting over the horizon, casting an orange hue across the whole orchard, one that Applejack was used to, and welcomed as a way to appreciate her hard work before turning in to supper time. Slowly, her aging hooves gather apples together to consolidate the extra inventory, and she stacked empty baskets together for easy hauling. She would probably leave most of the sale equipment out for the night and clean it up in the morning, but she wanted to at least get the apples put away so that varmints don't take a free meal. Carefully, she tied several sacks and fastened wagon hitches. She was ready to call it a night.

Spoiler

A pegasus flying above the farm looked down to see an orange mare putting away her things. He was here to meet her, and was glad she wasn't asleep already by the time he had arrived. He made a descending lap around the sale counter and landed in front of it, his hooves providing a healthy but soft thump on the ground. He walked up to the stand and leaned over it, angling his voice towards the apple mare. "You're not all out of apples are you?"

Spoiler

MwtRiHq.png

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

5HbB79Q.png

Applejack stretched herself, feeling the accumulated stress of the day washing over her, having changed from stress to satisfaction like any good day of work. And what a day of work it had been. She had been less than certain about how this day would work out but her fears and apprehensions had evaporated in the aftermath clear-cut quality of the customers and the cheer that had been spread. Each bushel that she had sold told its own story, from the warm summer day that the apples inside had been bucked clear, from the hooves that had washed them and inspected them. The sweat and effort that went into each one, only for them to sit, victims of the excessive success of their luckier brothers and sisters. From the family meeting, to the barked out idea by the youngest Apple, to her initial rejection of it. Each and every customer had left her a little memory and she had created her own with them, hopefully remembered and cherished and she was excited to have been so wrong.

But she knew she wasn't done. There was still one last customer and she could guess who it was even before she saw him, before he spoke. She didn't know if he really fly different r sound different or spending all this time around pegasi had just given her ears a certain scale of belief in itself that was unwarranted, but she swore she could hear Zap Apple's wings differently from everypony else. She smiled before she turned. All of the normal things came to mind immediately. How much she loved him. How proud she was of him, proud of the good young stallion he was turning into. How much she treasured every moment, even the annoying ones, that in retrospect only helped make his personality stand out all the stronger in her stark memory. All of that came to her mind as much as it did every time he returned to her, even when he just wanted bits.

He swooped in for a soft landing just as she had finished packing everything up. She knew she had one kiss left to go but she didn't need all the bells and whistles for one bushel, one kiss. But she wasn't a dummy. She saw nocreature else was in line. The day had been cooked until her little-big stallion came out of the sky and asked for some apples. As luck would have it, she had saved enough for exactly one bushel.

"Well, lookie here who showed up," she said as she reached over and pulled her son in for a hug. She was stronger than him, don't let him forget it. "Somehow missed all this? You missed one heck of a shindig. Felt like it took forever but that ain't no problem. Time passes by quick when you're enjoyin' company," she said as she started gathering apples. "Got enough for a bushel. Mixed variety. Don't worry, no braeburns. Whatcha been up to today? Take care of yer work?"

*Zap Apple*

Spoiler

1 Kiss left!
100. Zap Apple 
Next up

Kissed
1-10

Spoiler

2. Reno Golucky
3. Lore Weaver
5. Gentle Sol

11-20

Spoiler

12. Lyra Heartstrings
13. Donut "Pony" Joe
20. Thorn

21-30

Spoiler

22. Twilight Shine
23. Opal Shards
24. Bon Bon
26. Princess Luna
27. Guiding Light
28. Mythos Gray
29. Harrington Sleuth
30. Pumpkin Cake

31-40

Spoiler

31. Inkwell
34. Master Mustang
35. Parhelion
36. Prime Meridian
37. Razor
38. Dr. Spin Tale
40. Quiet Harmony

41-50

Spoiler

41. Ice Storm
42. Heart Line
43. Pocket Change
44. Sugar Rush
45. Moonstone II
46. Valen Orange
47. Mojo
50. Zelda

51-60

Spoiler

51. Curiosity Sparks
52. Flash Sentry
53. Gadget
55. Carrot Top
56. Presteza
57. Prince Blueblood
59. Princess Cadance
60. Ruby Pinch

61-70

Spoiler

61. Berry Punch
62. Fluttershy
63. Red Cedar
64. Night Glider
65. Granola Gracie
66. Cheerilee
67. Fast Track
68. Fire Walker
69. Sky Sailing
70. Gideon

71-80

Spoiler

71. Mint Zest
72. Discord
73. Rune Writer
74. Rainbow Dash <3
75. Tai
76. Detached Cable
77. Ejaz
78. Boulder Dash
79. Chipper Demise
80. Dusty

81-90

Spoiler

81. Princess Blueblood
82. Swift Squall
83. Mythic Visions
84. Starlight Glimmer
85. Countess Coloratura
86. Naj
87. Tempest Shadow
88. Silverstream
89. Smolder
90. Grubber

91-100

Spoiler

Spoiler

91. Candy Cain
92. Spike
93. Stellar Drift
94. Tiger
95. Feng Yinhaitao
96. Sunset Shimmer
97. Yanhua
98. Prince Lian
99. Moonlight Glitter

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

MwtRiHq.png

"Just got back from Mount Aris. Me and the guys were sent out there to consult with their council about their weather patterns. They still aren't sure if they want us to cloud bust for them." Zap rolled his eyes at the bureaucratic nature of his job. "Might have to go out there again next week." Zap had landed an internship at the weather factory and eventually became staff in their licensing committee. It wasn't glamourous, in fact Zap really didn't like it all that much, but his mother's connections were able to give him stability in an occupation while he figured out what he wanted to do long term, which according to him changed daily based on his mood, and his confidence. Fortunately, he still had plenty of time, and many of his friends his age were basically in the same holding pattern.

"How's work on the farm? Little Mac kicking trees yet?" Zap sometimes helped out on the farm during peak season. The farm was mostly operated by the earth ponies of the family, and sometimes Ambrosia when she required punishment.

• Like 1

5HbB79Q.png

Her son was a great stallion, that much was pure fact. She knew more than most what it meant to do what he did, even if he didn't like the parts of the job that were built up in process and meetings. His work was important and hard and he deserved all the good things that came along with it, even if she couldn't help but admit to herself that she would prefer he did something more earthy for a change. She was proud of his job but she always imagined her children would all be part of the Apple family farming tradition. She always worried about who would take over the farm when it was time for her to pass it on. But she reckoned that was just the weird lament of a mother who was nonetheless so proud and so happy for her son and the stallion he was turning out to be

"Ah'm sure they'll letcha cloud bust. Can't reckon why anycreature with a lick of sense wouldn't want tha weather ta be controlled like we do, but what do Ah know?" She said as she shrugged her shoulders. "Ah'm just tha mare who runs tha largest farm in Equestria and knows tha benefit of controlled weather. But, ya know, don't listen ta ma, Queen Novo," she said with an eye roll as she decided to take her mind off of the obstinacy of royalty. The obstinate youth instead. She sighed. "Yeah, he's taken to it well 'nough Ah suppose, though he looks like he's got an eye for bakin'. Ah wish Amborisa would but, well, you know that she can't do it. Or won't do it. Ah mean she could do anything, but her hooves are more for modelin' than farm work," she said with a laugh as she pushed the bushel towards him. "Now, you come ovr here and give yer mama a big kiss, sugarcube."

• Like 1

MwtRiHq.png

His mother implied she knew everything about his line of work, because of course she did. It was Applejack after all, she was pretty wise. But having been a family member for as long as he's been alive, he had grown exhausted of the praise her heroine mothers got for being the best ponies alive. Being a savior to the nation was not enough to impress Zap Apple. Although what he did care about was that they loved him, and through all the torrential embarrassments and arguments they might have with him over things that really didn't matter all that much, knowing that they still cared deeply about him and his life is what kept him coming back for supper. And even though he would have to listen to lectures about what they thought of his life, he wouldn't trade it anything involving staying away from the apple orchard, the place he always knew would be home.

"Now hang on. I can't kiss you." Zap points at the sign that was almost put away. "Says right there on the sign, five bits for a bushel. I don't have any bits on me, so I think that means no kiss." He said slyly. "But, since I am a very valued customer here. Maybe you could let me grab some apples and I'll pay you back tomorrow." Zap planned on having supper with the family, and staying the night, but he wouldn't reveal that up front as it would blow his bargain. Or, if his mother was as smart as she knew she was, none of this would matter, and he would find himself feeding the pigs at dawn tomorrow morning.

• Like 1

5HbB79Q.png

Applejack in her younger years would have been more of a stickler, even if done comedically, for the rules. Heck, even earlier she had nearly run down an old friends of hers to give him a kiss after he paid, despite it being weird for the both of them! After all, she always had to do things a certain way, ever since she was a little filly. It was a way of making sure everything got done all proper like, right? But as she grew older the rules started to become guidelines which became suggestions and little more, as she learned that sometimes you had to sacrifice a little bit of your own stubborn sense of correctness to achieve something greater than you could otherwise. It was this same desire that would see her son very thoroughly kissed despite his attempts at dodging it.

"Hmm, you might have me in a bit of a pickle there, sport. Ah reckon it won't do me much good if I'm seen favoring certai' customers or treatin' them all special like. Don't want mah next kissin' booth to get off on the wrong hoof. Why, kissin' somepony and givin' him some apples even though he can't pay would be an affront to tha rest of mah customers!" She said with fake outrage. She then settled back on her seat and smiled. "Of course, a good business owner knows when ta trust certain customers and help establish- rap-port? Rapoor? raport?" She shrugged as she got off and leaned in. "Somethin' fancy like with her customres. So she can rely on shared trust that they'll make good. An' that only makes everypony feel like they belong," she smiled wide. "An' of course, Ah have mah biases. So come on over and give yer mama a smooch!"

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

MwtRiHq.png

"Tell ya what?" Zap began to bargain, as if his decrees meant anything. Although more than a nopony, he would forever be under the jurisdiction of his mother as long as he was on this farm, and most times even if he was off of it. "If'n you let me stay the night and serve me a heap of a warm meal, I'll give you the smooch you request." He looked around to see nopony else to witness what he considered a very private conversation. He walked around the counter towards her and stuck a hoof out. "Deal?"

• Like 1

5HbB79Q.png

She could think of many ways this deal would be rather inappropriate in most other circumstances. But then again a lot had changed. She wasn't as principled or stern and he was every bit a young stallion so she reckoned she couldn't put his hooves to the fire too much. That and she had her biases. She didn't have to be fair. And today, well, she had been plenty fair. Five bits for a bushel was a real steal, almost as if she should be calling the Guard. She'd let it go though. She'd let it go and she'd seal this deal how Applejack had sealed other important deals in her life.

With a smile and without responding, verbally, she pulled her son in for a big kiss on the cheek. She let her hug-grab linger lovingly before letting him go. She sighed happily.
"Let's go home, sugarcube."

*Zap Apple*

Spoiler

0 Kisses left!
Next up

Kissed
1-10

Spoiler

2. Reno Golucky
3. Lore Weaver