[Sweet Apple Acres] 100 Country Kisses (Closed. NO Kisses Left)

Hippo

Red finally got in the last of the apples and then sighed, looking at his saddlebag. To say it was not pretty was an understatement. The whole thing was now bulging at the seams and likely at least a little unbalanced. Any Colt Scout leader would have been appalled at the way he had packed for this camping trip now, but there was not much that could be done about it. He simply resolved to eat as many apples in the first couple of days as he could stomach in order to even things out.

But however his back might complain about the whole thing by the time he pitched his tent that night, there was yet something that was likely to keep his mind off it for the foreseeable future. Looking back up to Applejack, a little darker red in his copper cheeks now, though he was able to look her in those beautiful green eyes, he smiled and said,  "Uhm, if it's not too forward, on the lips would be wonderful."

TczjcS9.png

As Granny Smith and Uncle Apple Strudel were conversing, they stopped at the sight of the wobbly Fluttershy moving towards them.

"Are ya alright, child?" Granny Smith asked.

"Is someting dee matter, fraulien?" added Uncle Apple Strudel as the yellow Pegasus mare fainted directly in front of them.

"ACH!  UNEEMAL!!!" the bearded Earth stallion neighed.

"Lands sakes, the poor filly's passed out!" the elderly Earth mare shouted.  "Quick brother, fetch me a bucket of water!"

"Javol!" Uncle Apple Strudel replied before galloping towards the well.

"Snap outta it, child!" Granny Smith pleaded, "gotta admit, fer somepony with a faint'n problem., she sure looks happy about it!"

"Yeah, I'm pretty sure there's apples t'spare...If not I may just end up having to eat some of my merch..." he said jokingly, casting a glance over at his cart with a smirk.

"Oh *huff* excellent." she said in response to the assurances from the apple filly, the diamond dog, and the young green unicorn.

Witchweed Charm huffed and puffed on the ground just a moment longer before standing up straight, coughing, and removing the momentary embarrassment from her face, back to her usual scowl. It was meant to be more of a focused, determined stare, but it was quite easy to mistake.

Soon, all too soon, the potion would be complete. That's what was important. Still... this was quite a few ponies gathered.

Witchweed began to take note of the different ponies waiting in line. Did they all want a kiss that bad? Romance, bah! Such folly. Such foolishness. Such...

Wow, such a lucky mare. Ponies were lining up to kiss her (and get apples). She couldn't help but feel a twinge of envy, but... what did it matter? Potion! Eyes on the prize!

Of course, just staring intently and looking angry was probably not the best way to pass time while waiting in line. The diamond dog mentioned merch, a trader she had to guess, and she took a look at his cart as well.

"Ahem. Might I inquire as to what goods you do trade in?" Witchweed asked Gideon.

• 4 weeks later...

When asked about his goods, the diamond dog couldn't help but to grin and stand up a little straighter as he adjusted his coat "Hehe, well most of the things I trade in are antiques. Things that my pack and I find buried out in the desert. You know, ancient vases, mysterious scrolls, what have you." Gideon nodded his head back towards his cart again. "Gems and jewellery too, but I'm off for the day. Besides, wouldn't wanna take any business attention away from the apple sale here." he said with a wink.

Cheerilee chuckled at Applebloom's continued selling and increasing exaggeration of her cleaning skills, "I just need the school house to be clean and presentable, no need to go overboard.  Ponies stopped eating off the ground quite a long time ago, except for dire emergencies."  Normally she would be concerned that a student would take to her punishment with such enthusiasm, worrying that the reason behind the detention was lost, but it appeared little Abby was just trying to show how sincere she was in making up for using the school's printing press, even if the filly was a little out of hoof with her presentation.

That sounded convincing right? "Well your sister is a wonderful mare, but if I got to choose, I would prefer your brother, because, friends, yep, because we are friends!" Cheerilee blushed when Applebloom spelled out the various kissing options that came along with bushel of apples.  It was obvious, at least to the school teacher, who she had in mind and it wasn't Granny Smith!  She was sure it was obvious to Applebloom also, who was just teasing at this point, but just in case...

• 3 weeks later...

banner_applejack_zpscd51b6b0.png

Applejack was subconsciously relieved to see that what seemed like a shortened line was increasing in size again.  But she could not concentrate on the details in the line.  Even a pony calling her name would see to go over her head.  She was most concerned with why the line had increased so quickly.  Or maybe, it was because she was going slower.  Was she going slower?  Was she milking out these kisses too much?  Hard to say.

"On the lips?  Not too forward at all, you got it!"  She leaned in, getting a closer look at his dark red blush that flushed his face.  Applejack closed her eyes in attempt to make the nerves calm.  A long second later, Applejack's lips locked with Red's, her taste of apples, which was numb to herself blended with the taste of cedar, which tasted like a more rugged version of vanilla, not irritating at all, but very much present.  Applejack pulled away before she dared to take a second lick.  She shyly rubbed her lips.  "There you go Sugarcube.  I hope you liked it.  I just hope you can manage taking these apples home or wherever you need to put them.  You can always have Granny Smith write some in a ledger for you to come back and get whatever you are owed."

Night Glider was waiting patiently behind Red Cedar.  "Night Glider!?  That was you!  I wasn't sure at first with all the commotion.  Well I'll be blind in a cornfield, what 're you doin' here?"

Spoiler

39 Kisses left!

Next up
62. Fluttershy
63. Red Cedar
64. Night Glider

65. Granola Gracie
66. Cheerilee
67. Fast Track
68. Fire Walker
69. Sky Sailing
70. Hawkeye
71. Gideon

(If the line order is incorrect, please tell me in PM)

Inactive:
Memory Lane, Charming Masquerade, Maple, Brawny Boulder, Luminous Charge, Cherry Berry, Wild Riot, Survey, Savory Spell

Problems and rules log (please review):
UPDATE: Users are now allowed as many characters as they want. Please try to use one character at a time. Cast or original are both acceptable.

Spoiler

-Characters that are inactive will be put on hold when they get to the front of the line. If you are going to be inactive, please PM me. No one is in trouble, and everyone is still being included in the story, should they want to continue. Just give me a heads up.
-If you need to speak out of character with an individual, try to do it in a private message. If you 'have' to do it in the thread, make sure it's at the end of your posts under a spoiler tag. If it is not, it will be reported for deletion.
-Line order is not a posting order, just the order in which they are lined up. If it is your turn in the line or if its coming up soon, feel free to post whenever you want to advance the story. Please refrain from posting too much if you are deep in the queue.
-Limit two characters for each player receiving kisses until further notice. Maximum is now four (4). Unlimited characters allowed, one at a time.
-Please keep in mind that a purchase gets your pony a kiss from AJ, not AJ gets a kiss from your pony. If you want to do something 'crazy' that involves AJ, please PM me for permission.

Questions? Post your questions and suggestions in the out of character thread here.

Kissed
1-10

Spoiler

1. Carrot Fields :smug:
2. Reno Golucky
3. Lore Weaver
4. Dunder Blust :???:
5. Gentle Sol
6. Flam watapplejackbyfelixkotd.png
7. Starburst :???:
8. Astral :smug:
9. Flim watapplejackbyfelixkotd.png
10. Silverbolt :smug:

11-20

Spoiler

11. Klondike :smug:
12. Lyra Heartstrings
13. Donut "Pony" Joe
14. Rarity ajscreen.png;)
15. Pigpen :smug:
16. Cherry Jubilee :???:
17. Misty Morning :smug:
18. Pathfinder :???:
19. Earth Writer :smug:
20. Thorn

21-30

Spoiler

21. Metal Maker :smug:
22. Twilight Shine
23. Opal Shards
24. Bon Bon
25. Electric Vibe :smug:ajscreen.png
26. Princess Luna
27. Guiding Light
28. Mythos Gray
29. Harrington Sleuth
30. Pumpkin Cake

31-40

Spoiler

31. Inkwell
32. Pinkie Pie :smirk:
33. Star Storm :smug:
34. Master Mustang
35. Parhelion
36. Prime Meridian
37. Razor
38. Dr. Spin Tale
39. Professor Ashen Smirk
40. Quiet Harmony

41-50

Spoiler

41. Ice Storm
42. Heart Line
43. Pocket Change
44. Sugar Rush
45. Moonstone II
46. Valen Orange
47. Mojo
48. Trixie :shifty:
49. Princess Twilight Sparkle
50. Zelda

51-60

Spoiler

51. Curiosity Sparks
52. Flash Sentry
53. Gadget
54. Professor Clyde Krashkop
55. Carrot Top
56. Presteza
57. Prince Blueblood
58. Princess Celestia :Celest:
59. Princess Cadance
60. Ruby Pinch

61-70

Spoiler

61. Berry Punch

Applejack.pnglunabuttonsig_zpsc23a2b97.pngshiningbuttonsig_zps6d87c176.pngGranola_Gracie.pngArrow_Plain.pngMiracle.pngRemington.pngSugar_Rush-1.pngCoconut_Lime.png

Night Glider was happy to have her turn. She wasn't impatient, but she was tired and busy and had things to do, and ponies to- well, okay, no ponies to meet. Just things to do. Then she had all night travel back home, followed by sleep and then super work. She was a busy mare with a big stomach and apples were the solution. But oh colt, was she the focus of attention now! And from another one of those heroes who helped her become the pony she was meant to be. She had a lot she owed to the mare in front of her, who seemed so excited to see her. But a little strange. Not that there was anything wrong with that! Just a little maybe.

She hesitated a full moment, maybe two, before replying. "Oh, I'm doing something for Sanctuary. I need to get over to the weather control bureau in Canterlot to get some sort of paperwork done. Part of that is trying to establish a legal connection with Canterlot's weather control bureau. I can't fly there during the day- the day's patterns are just so weird and I'm so bum tired from lonely old night shift. Maybe if I felt better but...no. So I've been on a train all morning. I just saw some sort of thingy was happening here and I decided to fill up before my return. I haven't had one of those since forever,” she said before her eyes narrowed.

"You want to be blind in a cornfield?"

Apple Bloom for her part wasn't going to press the issue with her teacher any more than she had to. She knew where her eyes wandered and why and she knew better than to bring it up. "Well, once you get up there you can select anypony you want! And more importantly, get a nice set of apples on yer hooves an' such," Apple Bloom said proudly. It was true that she loved her family but it was alsp very true that she was a bt selfish when it came to doling out best in class and reserved them exclusively for Apple family apples. And today Miss Cheerilee would get a best in class Apple to fo with the apples. Was really a win-win.

Speaking of- well, what was that colt doing with his eyebrows? She only caught the tail end of whatever, but it looked weird. Were his eyes okay? "Ah'll be right back Miss Cheerilee," she said before happily trotting on over. Along the way she made sure to use her bullhorn, "BUY SOME APPLES! BUY SOME APPLES!" and similar things. Once she arrived, she waved friendlyier to the little colt and what she could assume was his big sister. "Howdy! Welcome ta Sweet Apple Acres and tha First Annual Apple Kiss! Did y'all need anything?"

• 3 weeks later...

As Night Glider rambled, Applejack started to follow her reasoning a little less and less, and reached a zero when a question was popped.  Applejack repeated the question with hesitation.  "Do ah want to be blind in a cornfield?"  Applejack remembered Night Glider's bravery back at sanctuary.  She is a very ambitious and action-oriented pony.  Much like Rainbow Dash, except with much less cockiness and swagger in her step.  It sounded like she was doing something fairly complicated to connect Sanctuary with other weather corps.  It wasn't that Applejack didn't care for the importance of such a government step, she relied on stuff like that in Ponyville herself.  But she loses interest along with the slight guilt of being unable to help.  Unless Night Glider thinks Applejack being blind in a cornfield would somehow contribute to the understanding.  Applejack's cogs were turning, but oil is not a commodity on the apple farm.

Spoiler

39 Kisses left!

Next up
64. Night Glider
65. Granola Gracie
66. Cheerilee
67. Fast Track
68. Fire Walker
69. Sky Sailing
70. Hawkeye
71. Gideon
72. Mint Zest
73. Witchweed Charm

Inactive:
Memory Lane, Charming Masquerade, Maple, Brawny Boulder, Luminous Charge, Cherry Berry, Wild Riot, Survey, Savory Spell

UPDATE: Users are now allowed as many characters as they want. Please try to use one character at a time. Cast or original are both acceptable.

Spoiler

-Characters that are inactive will be put on hold when they get to the front of the line. If you are going to be inactive, please PM me. No one is in trouble, and everyone is still being included in the story, should they want to continue. Just give me a heads up.
-If you need to speak out of character with an individual, try to do it in a private message. If you 'have' to do it in the thread, make sure it's at the end of your posts under a spoiler tag. If it is not, it will be reported for deletion.
-Line order is not a posting order, just the order in which they are lined up. If it is your turn in the line or if its coming up soon, feel free to post whenever you want to advance the story. Please refrain from posting too much if you are deep in the queue.
-Limit two characters for each player receiving kisses until further notice. Maximum is now four (4). Unlimited characters allowed, one at a time.
-Please keep in mind that a purchase gets your pony a kiss from AJ, not AJ gets a kiss from your pony. If you want to do something 'crazy' that involves AJ, please PM me for permission.

Questions? Post your questions and suggestions in the out of character thread here.

Kissed
1-10

Spoiler

2. Reno Golucky
3. Lore Weaver
4. Dunder Blust :?
5. Gentle Sol
7. Starburst :?

11-20

Spoiler

12. Lyra Heartstrings
13. Donut "Pony" Joe
16. Cherry Jubilee :?
18. Pathfinder :?
20. Thorn

21-30

Spoiler

22. Twilight Shine
23. Opal Shards
24. Bon Bon
26. Princess Luna
27. Guiding Light
28. Mythos Gray
29. Harrington Sleuth
30. Pumpkin Cake

31-40

Spoiler

31. Inkwell
34. Master Mustang
35. Parhelion
36. Prime Meridian
37. Razor
38. Dr. Spin Tale
40. Quiet Harmony

41-50

Spoiler

41. Ice Storm
42. Heart Line
43. Pocket Change
44. Sugar Rush
45. Moonstone II
46. Valen Orange
47. Mojo
50. Zelda

51-60

Spoiler

51. Curiosity Sparks
52. Flash Sentry
53. Gadget
55. Carrot Top
56. Presteza
57. Prince Blueblood
59. Princess Cadance
60. Ruby Pinch

61-70

Spoiler

61. Berry Punch
62. Fluttershy
63. Red Cedar

Applejack.pnglunabuttonsig_zpsc23a2b97.pngshiningbuttonsig_zps6d87c176.pngGranola_Gracie.pngArrow_Plain.pngMiracle.pngRemington.pngSugar_Rush-1.pngCoconut_Lime.png

Red closed his eyes just before his lips found Applejack's, trying to hide any trace of excitement like the racing of his heartbeat or the tremble in his chest. The slight, pleasant chill of her mouth soon gave way to a gentle warmth shared by them both, to linger on the lips and in the memory after parting with an ever so slight tug of reluctance. Red remained with his eyes closed until he could gather his wits, and a deep breath, and slowly open them to look back into hers.

"Liked it?" he repeated. "That was worth every second I spent in line, and more."

As much as he would have loved to have lingered over the moment a little longer, he knew there were others waiting their turn, and he couldn't deny them forever. Turning back to the sight of his awkwardly-shaped saddlebags, he said, "I think I have it..." and then, with a sharp hoist of his hoof, heaved it onto his back, immediately stumbling to his left in order to counteract the unbalanced load. After a moment of shifting, shuffling and bouncing the saddlebags on his back, he finally cinched them up again, content in knowing he'd be eating them to a more manageable size soon enough. "Thank you again,"  he said to Applejack. "The apples were a bargain, but the kiss was priceless." And with a last longing glance, he turned and made his way down the path towards the Whitetail Woods, barely staggering at all.

• Like 1

NG2PNG_zps3cbwdfne.png

Night Glider got a confused look on her face and shook her head, as if to clear particularly aggressive cobwebs out of her mane. "...W-Well, you said you wanted to be blind in a cornfield, r-right? You said," she put a hoof to her mouth and coughed to try and get her voice just right for the imitation job, "well I'll be blind in a cornfield, what're you doin' here?" Night Glider said, her voice being an exaggerated if friendly caricature. "But I guess that's just a...w-what did you call them...countryism?" She asked honestly, not breaking eye contact with the apple farmer. Somewhat awkwardly, but there it was all the same. 

Night Glider berated herself mentally. She was being stupid again. It didn't matter what Applejack had said or why, and why was she even caring? Applejack just probably wanted to sell apples, not have to hear her buffoonery. This was why she normally kept to the night hours when the only other ponies around were those who could in some ways be immune to her silliness or see the bright side of it all. In any case, here she was in Ponyville, holding up the line and not at all getting the apples she so clearly needed. She had to move on. She shrugged her shoulders and laughed nervously, "I-I probably just misheard you, hahahaha. Anyhoof. How a-are you? How is the farm? How are the a-apples? How much do they cost?"

Applejack was puzzled by Night Glider's choice of words, but she could easier chalk it up to nerves.  "Right.  How about you leave the counrtyisms to me, Sweet Cheeks.  You wouldn't believe the disaster that can happen when two ponies try to out-country one another.  This one time, Granny and Uncle Pa Cameo tried to out-country the other, and they spent the whole afternoon tryin' to make sense out of each other."

"Ah'm great, the farms great, the apples are great, and the price is great.  And!  The kiss is great.  One bushel gets you one kiss from me."  Applejack bats a playful eye to her friend from Sanctuary.  She then throws up her hoofs at all the decorations and signs Apple Bloom made earlier in the morning.  "It's all part of a promotion my little sis came up with to help us sell some apples we surplussed on this past week.  So, you wanna get your lips wet and get a taste of some apples?"  Applejack was just trying to be silly, but the signal could have gone in any direction from this point.  Night Glider seemed like the kind of mare that was direct and blunt.  Applejack wasn't exactly sure what to expect.

Spoiler

39 Kisses left!

Next up
64. Night Glider
65. Granola Gracie
66. Cheerilee
67. Fast Track
68. Fire Walker
69. Sky Sailing
70. Hawkeye
71. Gideon
72. Mint Zest
73. Witchweed Charm

Inactive:

Spoiler

Kissed
1-10

Spoiler

2. Reno Golucky
3. Lore Weaver
5. Gentle Sol

11-20

Spoiler

12. Lyra Heartstrings
13. Donut "Pony" Joe
20. Thorn

21-30

Spoiler

22. Twilight Shine
23. Opal Shards
24. Bon Bon
26. Princess Luna
27. Guiding Light
28. Mythos Gray
29. Harrington Sleuth
30. Pumpkin Cake

31-40

Spoiler

31. Inkwell
34. Master Mustang
35. Parhelion
36. Prime Meridian
37. Razor
38. Dr. Spin Tale
40. Quiet Harmony

41-50

Spoiler

41. Ice Storm
42. Heart Line
43. Pocket Change
44. Sugar Rush
45. Moonstone II
46. Valen Orange
47. Mojo
50. Zelda

51-60

Spoiler

51. Curiosity Sparks
52. Flash Sentry
53. Gadget
55. Carrot Top
56. Presteza
57. Prince Blueblood
59. Princess Cadance
60. Ruby Pinch

61-70

Spoiler

61. Berry Punch
62. Fluttershy
63. Red Cedar

NG2PNG_zps3cbwdfne.png

Object: Try to understand just what it was that Applejack said.
Plan: Repeat what she thought and, when pressed, impersonate to the best of her abilities.
Result: Abject failure.
Response: ABORT ABORT

Not unexpected though, and she decided to abandon the whole operation pretty quickly. She was way out of her depth now, stuck in a world of hurt, or in this countryisms, that she had little response to other than to nod if she pressed forward. The better part of valor in social situations was sometimes admitting you were stupid and falling back, tail tucked between your leg, whispering apologies. Or at least that is how she played it. Maybe that was a hidden flaw in her way of thinking but she was happy with her life, or content, or whatever. "O-oh, that sounds bad. I wouldn't want t-to get stuck in some sort of weird loop where I just kept on r-repeating things I didn't understand. H-Has that ever happened to you?" Night Glider asked, herself only vaguely remembering the first few weeks post-reconditioning from when Starlight first got ahold of her. 

At least everything was checking out pretty good on Applejack's end. Scratch that, they were coming out pretty great- just ask her. That was nice to hear. So many ponies had so many problems that she found it rare for a pony to just talk about the good things that were striking her fancy. She did have some good points though. The evidence of her great life lay about her. She lived on this huge, beautiful farm that had all these nice trees and nice apples, big juicy ones, lots of them. That was success! And look at her loving family and how helpful they were. And she was really pretty too and seemed super confident in the quality of her kisses. Yeah, she had every reason to say everything was great because it sure as heck looked like that. Night Glider looked around, following the words and then nodded. "Wow, you really do have a pretty good life here. You're super lucky," she said with the barest hint of envy.

Focus: She needed some apples. The kiss was secondary.
"O-oh, yes, apples and a kiss. I've kissed before! I can do that!" she puffed her chest out proudly, remembering that one time right before she got her cutie mark, "no biggie. N-not really. Your sis made a-all those banners? Wow. She's really i-industrious. How many bits for a bushel? Are any of them caramel apples? Do you want to k-kiss me on the lips or the forehead or the c-cheeks or...?" she tilted her head inquisitively, allowing the Apple mare to fill in the blanks during the pregnant pause. 

Night Glider started to sound more nervous the more she talked.  But Applejack let her talk as long as she was willing.  She commented on Apple Bloom's creativity, brushed along wondering if there were caramel apples, and then proceeded to leave the end of her query empty in an attempt for Applejack to continue her own thought.  Applejack was used to butting in on other pony's questions and answering them with a booming confident smile, but it was a bit stranger that it was set up the way it was.  The smile was still there.  "Um, well, wherever you want me to kiss you.  The kiss is given to you, you buy it, I place it.  But we don't have caramel apples, 'fraid to say.  Those cost extra and we would have to make them later."  Applejack bounced up good news.  "If you would like to place an order for 'em, we can have them delivered!  The  bushels today, however, are five bits each.  You're never gonna find a price like that anywhere.  And any free wild apples you find ain't never gonna taste as sweet as ours.  Hey!  I'll sweeten the deal.  I'll give you two bushels if you promise to share the second bushel with the others back at your town.  But the kiss?"  Applejack winked.  "That's still between us."

Spoiler

39 Kisses left!

Next up
64. Night Glider
65. Granola Gracie
66. Cheerilee
67. Fast Track
68. Fire Walker
69. Sky Sailing
70. Hawkeye
71. Gideon
72. Mint Zest
73. Witchweed Charm

Inactive:

Spoiler

Kissed
1-10

Spoiler

2. Reno Golucky
3. Lore Weaver
5. Gentle Sol

11-20

Spoiler

12. Lyra Heartstrings
13. Donut "Pony" Joe
20. Thorn

21-30

Spoiler

22. Twilight Shine
23. Opal Shards
24. Bon Bon
26. Princess Luna
27. Guiding Light
28. Mythos Gray
29. Harrington Sleuth
30. Pumpkin Cake

31-40

Spoiler

31. Inkwell
34. Master Mustang
35. Parhelion
36. Prime Meridian
37. Razor
38. Dr. Spin Tale
40. Quiet Harmony

41-50

Spoiler

41. Ice Storm
42. Heart Line
43. Pocket Change
44. Sugar Rush
45. Moonstone II
46. Valen Orange
47. Mojo
50. Zelda

51-60

Spoiler

51. Curiosity Sparks
52. Flash Sentry
53. Gadget
55. Carrot Top
56. Presteza
57. Prince Blueblood
59. Princess Cadance
60. Ruby Pinch

61-70

Spoiler

61. Berry Punch
62. Fluttershy
63. Red Cedar

NG2PNG_zps3cbwdfne.png

Well, that answered all of her questions pretty well. She got the kiss wherever she wanted the kiss which meant she had to make a choice on where the kiss went. Talk about a life-altering decision of great importance! What if she liked it? And not just in the way you like a nice kiss from a friend (she totally knew what that felt like, yeah, totally) but in a, "I'm sort of into mares" way? She was fine with that and all but she always thought Double Diamond was kind of cute and would he be disappointed in her if she liked mares because that meant they couldn't be a couple? She didn't want to let anypony down. She might as well ask one of the ponies who helped her before because they had proven oh so helpful before anyway! Why, she thought they must know everything about everything!

"Hey, how do you k-know if you're more attracted to mares or s-stallions? Do you just kiss and compare or is there a test you t-take? What are you into? If my wings pomf does that mean I l-like it, even if I don't think I do?" Night Glider bluntly asked Applejack, hoof to mouth as she tried to consider the answer. But not just that, no, she had other things on her mind. She had heard about how awesome Sweet Apple Acres was and it was true and all, but against wild apples it would be hard to lose, right? Wld apples tastes all sorts of bad. She'd know. Nopony transported anything to her town, so they had to grow what little they could in that terrible soil and forage for the rest. She'd hope Sweet Apple Acres apples were better because if they weren't she'd have to be very, very disappointed. And that was sad.

"Well, I could get a second bushel and share, but it might be a bit before I make it back to town. Will the second bushel stay fresh and good tasti ng or do I need to buy some sort of protective thingie for it?" She asked soon after her last series of questions, no-selling the awkwardness as she fished out five bits from her saddlebag and let it loose- oops, wait. Those had Starlight's face on them. "Oh, duh. Sorry. Forgot I was still carrying those! Hah," she laughed nervously before placing five real bits on the table. She pushed it towards the mare, and then puckered her lips and tilted her head. This was the kissing position!

"I, uh."  Applejack paused as Night Glider asked the personal questions.  The conversation of one's direction of attraction was a strange one to have at a fruit stand.  However, not too strange for a fruit stand with a lip gimmick.  Still, Applejack found it difficult to send the right message without ruling out any possibilities for Night Glider, who seemed to be asking a question she would ask someone she trusted to help make big life decisions with.  "I'm into whatever qualities a pony needs to have to have a successful family and friendship, and who knows what that might be, but uh, it's like this, if a bee walks into the birds house, and uh."  Applejack wasn't sure she knew where she was going with this, so she just tried to make it simple and get back to why Night Glider was here in the first place.  "Put it this way.  Sometimes the heart wants what the heart can't get.  But today, what the heart wants only costs you five bits."

"Yeah, you can just come by when you go back to the town, and we'll have a bushel rotated for you.  It's nearly impossible for an apple to spoil on our watch.  They go so fast and we only pick as much as we need to sell."  Applejack saw the coins on the table, but noticed they were not of Equestrian legal tender.  She raised an eyebrow, before Night Glider confessed they were old coinage.  With the right bits on the table, Applejack signaled to her family to gather a bushel forward for the dark blue pegasus to take once she was done with the delivery of affection.

Which was exactly what she was prepared for.  Night had her head tilted and her lips puckered.  She must have seen this from somewhere.  For all Applejack knew, she just saw somepony do it earlier while she waited in line.  With the center of attention being the mouth, Applejack felt it was safe to assume that was the target.  She acquired the target with a lean forward, shoveling the bits in the chest while doing it, and fell into Night's face where the mares' lips pressed.  Applejack noticed right away that her lips had become dry compared to Night's.  And Night's mouth, probably due to her nerves and pattern of speech, were well saturated with her saliva.  Applejack had seen and felt much worse than pony saliva, so it didn't bother her.  But maybe she needed chapstick to loosen up the corners of her trap.  This is what Applejack was thinking before she pulled away from Night Glider and smiled.  "You can take one now and one later if you'd like.  And don't worry about your feelings too much Sugarcube.  It's just a kiss.  These apples, are worth more than bumpin' noses with me."

Next in line was Granola Gracie.  She had been quiet nearly the entire time waiting for her turn to buy apples.  She was a little puzzled at first seeing a customer or two kiss the orange mare after making a sale.  But when she realized no pony was leaving without getting a kiss, Granola started to sweat a little.  That flyer wasn't lying.  I get a free kiss for buying a bushel of apples?   But what if I don't want to kiss her?  As soon as the pony in front of her finished kissing, Granola felt it best to speak up.  "Um, excuse me.  Um, I might be a little shy or something, I don't have to kiss do I?  I was just interested in apples, and maybe something else."
Applejack saw it a little rude for a pony to step up right as Night Glider was finishing.  But efficiency is important!  "Why, don't be silly, miss.  All of our kisses come with love from the heart of the most loving family in Equestria!"  Applejack reared, and Apple family members that were within an earshot reared as well.  "Yeehaw!  So, don't worry, just let me know what you would like.  It's five bits for a bushel, and a kiss comes with that minimum order."
Granola was nervous, but her fears were put to rest if she could talk about apples, for the time being.  "Oh, OK.  Well I do need a half bushel of assorted apples please, and," Granola wasn't sure she would be able to get what she wanted.  Apples tasted just fine, but Granola had no serious need for nutrition.  Her goal was to find some specimen for apple tree growth.  She was a botanist, after all.  But she wondered if the Apple family would comply or they would see her request as a threat to their business.  Do apple seeds come with patents?  "I was wondering if you wouldn't mind parting with some sticks from your trees."
Applejack paused and hesitated for multiple reasons.  First, she only wanted half a bushel?  Who asks for only half a bushel?  Was she trying to be offensive?  And then she asks for sticks.  "Sticks?  Like twigs you mean?  From our trees?  Um.  I guess we can do that."  Applejack wasn't positive what the customer's motive was, so she just decided to risk the sale and question the client.  "What do you need them for?"
Granola was afraid Applejack would ask this.  She was a little nervous to answer.  Mostly it was because ponies don't go out of their way to respect and admire the botanist methods of extracting specimen.  It's often distracting and unorthodox to ponies who aren't in the field.  But towards Applejack, Granola knew Applejack was the real deal.  She was the tree whisperer.  She likely knew more about plants than Granola did, and that in of itself was amazing.  Granola always told herself never to meet her heroes.  "Well, you see.  I kinda want to graft some apple trees.  I have some good root stock, but I don't have anything to set on it."
"Why.  Didn't.  You.  Say that earlier!"  Applejack smiled wide.  "I would love to help you get a generation of trees started."  She lightly slammed her hoof on the counter playfully.  "As long as you don't go putting our farm out of business."  She laughed out loud.   "So what kind of varieties do you want?"  Coincidentally, Applejack had a stash underneath the counter of several budding twigs from various trees that produce all sorts of apples.  They must have been left there from the last time Applejack needed scionwood using this very stand.  "We've got Jonagolds, Gala, Granny Smith, Braeburn, Red Delicious, Golden Delicious, Ida Red, Cameo, we also got a McIntosh but it's not very healthy.  Probably don't want that one.  Oh!  Here's a good Honeycrisp one, it's eight buds long!"
Granola went wide eyed.  Applejack spilled several twigs on the counter and she looked at them closely, excitedly examining every bud on every twig of every variety.  "Oh that's a good one.  This one too!  Wow, the cameos are thicker than I thought they would be.  How would I even graft that?"
"Easy!  You just splice the ends and tie them together."
"Yes, But I mean, if my rootstock is half the diameter, how am I supposed to splice it properly?"
"Well that all depends on how you splice it.  You can splice it the standard diagonal, but the cross hatch method works well.  But if the stock you're working with is too small, your best bet is to spread the splice from inside.  You'd be surprised how well they mend when you do it right."
"That's amazing!  And they bond in only a few weeks?"
"Yes.  Except the Jonagolds.  Those take two weeks."
"Oh yeah, I read that in a book where Jonagolds and some other apple had higher yields because of how well they grow in temperate climate zones mapped by the pegasi.  What was the other apple?"
"Was it Jonathan?"
"No no, but those are good too."
"Lady apples?"
"No.  It was something that started with T... Tuh, tuh..."
"Topaz?"
"Yes! Topaz!  That's it!  And they're awesome too because the coolest thing about Topaz apples is that..."
"They are very resistant to disease."
Granola looked at Applejack with bewilderment.  She was amazing.  How could have this have gone any better.  Granola's reaction could only bring her to one conclusion.  "I have to kiss you."  Granola slapped down five bits, leaned in, and kissed Applejack aggressively on the mouth.  For a split second, Applejack's cheek protruded from it's normal place.  She pulled away.  "Can I just take all of the ones here?"
Applejack was a little stunned at the kiss.  But she knew how excited she got when apples were the topic of conversation.  "Um, well.  Yeah.  What the hay!  Take them all.  And don't forget your apples."  Applejack winked.
Granola winked back, placed the twigs in her have bushel, slid the bushel onto her back, and happily trotted away.
Applejack took a deep breath.  "Miss Cheerilee.  What a fine day to see you here!  Wait a minute.  Apple Bloom's not in trouble again is she?"

Spoiler

35 Kisses left!

Next up
66. Cheerilee
67. Fast Track
68. Fire Walker
69. Sky Sailing
70. Hawkeye
71. Gideon
72. Mint Zest
73. Witchweed Charm

Inactive:

Spoiler

Kissed
1-10

Spoiler

2. Reno Golucky
3. Lore Weaver
5. Gentle Sol

11-20

Spoiler

12. Lyra Heartstrings
13. Donut "Pony" Joe
20. Thorn

21-30

Spoiler

22. Twilight Shine
23. Opal Shards
24. Bon Bon
26. Princess Luna
27. Guiding Light
28. Mythos Gray
29. Harrington Sleuth
30. Pumpkin Cake

31-40

Spoiler

31. Inkwell
34. Master Mustang
35. Parhelion
36. Prime Meridian
37. Razor
38. Dr. Spin Tale
40. Quiet Harmony

41-50

Spoiler

41. Ice Storm
42. Heart Line
43. Pocket Change
44. Sugar Rush
45. Moonstone II
46. Valen Orange
47. Mojo
50. Zelda

51-60

Spoiler

51. Curiosity Sparks
52. Flash Sentry
53. Gadget
55. Carrot Top
56. Presteza
57. Prince Blueblood
59. Princess Cadance
60. Ruby Pinch

61-70

Spoiler

61. Berry Punch
62. Fluttershy
63. Red Cedar
64. Night Glider
65. Granola Gracie

• Like 1

Finally she was at the head of the line, truthfully it really didn't take that long, but Cheerilee was glad to finally be able to purchase her apples.  It was a lovely day and more importantly, a Saturday, which meant a day off, and she was determined to get the most out of it before Luna raised the Moon.

She smirked when Applejack addressed her so formally, "Oh Applejack, you shouldn't feel the need to call me 'Miss Cheerilee', that is something the students call me, or the school board, or some other formal occasion, just call me Cheerilee.  Besides went to school together as fillies, I know I was a couple levels ahead of you along with Rarity, but I'm not that much older, and to be honest, when you all use 'miss' for me, it makes me feel like some old mare or something."  It wasn't a big deal that she was addressed formally, not really, but among her peer group, even if they were parents and guardians of her students, she rather have a much more informal relationship, especially since the sad truth was, she didn't have many friends in town, not close ones at any rate, and she would really like to change that.

Of course, there was Applejack's question.  The truth was, Applebloom was in trouble, the little filly did use the school's printing press and supplies to make her signs for the Apple sale, but Cheerilee had promised not to tell her sister in exchange for the filly spending a couple weeks cleaning the school house after class.  "Well the good news there is nothing to report on the trouble front for Applebloom; I'm here just to get some apples.  I have to admit because I get one at least once a week in the morning from a student, I have gotten pretty hooked on the different varieties!"  That was the truth, even if she had to omit some facts.

Cheerilee pleaded informal with her title, as she always did when Applejack addressed her.  Applejack called her Miss Cheerilee the moment Apple Bloom stepped into the schoolhouse for the very first time.  "Nonsense, you teach mah little sis everything there is to know about being a little pony and that deserves highest praise in our house."  Cheerilee said Apple Bloom was not in trouble.  "Whew!"  Applejack wiped the sweat from her brow.  "That's a relief, I was afraid Apple Bloom had gone and snuck one of our pigs in class again to chew on Diamond Tiara's mane again.  She had just gotten out of the grounding period for that last Tuesday!"  Applejack brightened a smile.  She was so proud of her little sister.

Cheerilee continued on, noting several apples as presents in class.  Some things never change.  "Hee hee.  Students puttin' on the ol' sweet treatment on you in class, huh?  Well the good thing is that all of those apples likely came from our farm.  Unless these fillies and colts are importing from some distant nation."  Applejack dropped her smile to a flat look.  "You would tell me if they were, right?"  She bounced back a smile to continue talking about apples.  "So what'll it be today?  Golden Delicious?  Granny Smith?  Golden Granny Delicious?  Oh!  How about, our Super Red Delicious?"  On the contrary, super red delicious apples were really just normal red delicious apples to most ponies.  However, Applejack called them Super because they all came off her favorite tree in the Red Delicious section.  The tree's name is Sam.

Spoiler

39 Kisses left!

Next up
66. Cheerilee
67. Fast Track
68. Fire Walker
69. Sky Sailing
70. Hawkeye
71. Gideon
72. Mint Zest
73. Witchweed Charm

Inactive:

Spoiler

Kissed
1-10

Spoiler

2. Reno Golucky
3. Lore Weaver
5. Gentle Sol

11-20

Spoiler

12. Lyra Heartstrings
13. Donut "Pony" Joe
20. Thorn

21-30

Spoiler

22. Twilight Shine
23. Opal Shards
24. Bon Bon
26. Princess Luna
27. Guiding Light
28. Mythos Gray
29. Harrington Sleuth
30. Pumpkin Cake

31-40

Spoiler

31. Inkwell
34. Master Mustang
35. Parhelion
36. Prime Meridian
37. Razor
38. Dr. Spin Tale
40. Quiet Harmony

41-50

Spoiler

41. Ice Storm
42. Heart Line
43. Pocket Change
44. Sugar Rush
45. Moonstone II
46. Valen Orange
47. Mojo
50. Zelda

51-60

Spoiler

51. Curiosity Sparks
52. Flash Sentry
53. Gadget
55. Carrot Top
56. Presteza
57. Prince Blueblood
59. Princess Cadance
60. Ruby Pinch

61-70

Spoiler

61. Berry Punch
62. Fluttershy
63. Red Cedar
64. Night Glider
65. Granola Gracie

Cheerilee couldn't help but blush a little bit at the level of praise Applejack was throwing her way regarding her ability as a teacher.  She always had confidence in herself when it came to her profession, after all, it was what she most loved to do, but the way AJ phrased things, it sounded like she was getting the All Equestria Teaching Award or something.  "Wow, that was quite the compliment, you sure know how to make a pony feel special, well I guess I can't complain about you calling me miss after what you just said now can I?"

Cheerilee rolled her eyes with an awkward smirk when AJ reminded her of the pig incident last month.  That was... Something alright.  "Three weeks detentions and Saturdays, she should just become a volunteer at the school she spends so much time there after class.  As for the pig...  That...  Was a unique experience, in all my years I have never walked into the classroom and found a pig chasing a pony around the desks, or a pig in class for that matter.  I can't believe I had to go to a special school board meeting for that one, but Diamond Tiara's mother is on the board after all so I shouldn't have been that surprised."  Poor Applejack, not realizing her little sister was right back doing after school detention again, at least she was used to Abby coming home late.

"Well as far as I know they come from your farm, I never thought to ask, but I can't see where else they would be getting them.  Well... There was one time Diamond Tiara brought me a purple apple!  Imagine that, a purple apple!  I didn't even know they grew in the color purple, she said it was from some place in Mustangia that specializes in them and Barnyard Bargains only gets them in once a year."  Cheerilee tapped her hoof to her chin, trying to recall any other exotic, distant apples, figuring Applejack was honestly interested.  "I swear once, there were these white ones called 'White Pippin Apples' from a few years back, can't remember where they were from though..."  She gave a shrug, sure that AJ knew more than she did on the subject anyway.

To the reason she was there, "actually it is possible if the bushel be half Red Delicious and half Honeycrisp? I dunno if you can do half and half like that."

Spoiler

Actually found the two exotic apple types from this list.

The complexities of Cheerilee's occupation, whether it be pleasure or a hazard, was revealed to Applejack once again.  She had seen this before, with Cheerilee being a modest teacher enjoying the privilege of teaching younger ponies as per her purpose in life.  While at the same time, sometimes being sidelined by experiences in life that some ponies could probably go without their whole lives with no regret.  Diamond Tiara's name came up a few times, and Applejack always wondered if the pseudo-princess filly really was center of attention in the classroom, even for the teacher.  Although Applejack wouldn't dare accuse Cheerilee.  Cheerilee could sometimes play a victim in the world of parenting politics, and she knew what dealing with the Rich's was like.

Apples.  Applejack loved them.  But talks of purple apples, and other foreign fruits just didn't seem all too natural to Applejack.  She was a bit jaded when it came to apple harvesting.  And as much as she loved talking about apples, she was way more interested in selling the apples and putting them in ponies mouths.  And Cheerilee, having a cemented relationship with the Rich family could only mean one thing.  She loved buying things.  But unlike the Rich ponies, Applejack had Cheerilee's best interest at heart.  "Half and half?  Of course you can!  What do you think this is, some kind of hostage situation?"  Applejack signaled for the half and half order for honey crisp and red delicious.  "One bushel is five bits.  You need anything else?"

Spoiler

35 Kisses left!

Next up
66. Cheerilee
67. Fast Track
68. Fire Walker
69. Sky Sailing
70. Hawkeye
71. Gideon
72. Mint Zest
73. Witchweed Charm

Inactive:

Spoiler

Kissed
1-10

Spoiler

2. Reno Golucky
3. Lore Weaver
5. Gentle Sol

11-20

Spoiler

12. Lyra Heartstrings
13. Donut "Pony" Joe
20. Thorn

21-30

Spoiler

22. Twilight Shine
23. Opal Shards
24. Bon Bon
26. Princess Luna
27. Guiding Light
28. Mythos Gray
29. Harrington Sleuth
30. Pumpkin Cake

31-40

Spoiler

31. Inkwell
34. Master Mustang
35. Parhelion
36. Prime Meridian
37. Razor
38. Dr. Spin Tale
40. Quiet Harmony

41-50

Spoiler

41. Ice Storm
42. Heart Line
43. Pocket Change
44. Sugar Rush
45. Moonstone II
46. Valen Orange
47. Mojo
50. Zelda

51-60

Spoiler

51. Curiosity Sparks
52. Flash Sentry
53. Gadget
55. Carrot Top
56. Presteza
57. Prince Blueblood
59. Princess Cadance
60. Ruby Pinch

61-70

Spoiler

61. Berry Punch
62. Fluttershy
63. Red Cedar
64. Night Glider
65. Granola Gracie

Cheerilee interpreted Applejack's lack of response to the exotic apples she listed off as meaning the blonde maned orchard pony was already well aware of such strange varieties and didn't think them to be nearly as interesting as Cheerilee did, probably because what kind of apple didn't Applejack already have a deep knowledge of?  They likely didn't grow the stranger varieties of apples at Sweet Apple Acres because of lack of customers, besides they already had Zap Apples, and one really couldn't beat those when it came to taste, too bad their growing season was so short and infrequent.

Cheerilee laughed at what she though was Applejack's joke in regards to 'hostage situation', she didn't quite get it, but it sounded funny, and it didn't hurt to show appreciation given she got her wish.  "Wow, that is quite the bargain!  That'll be it though, I still have to run a bunch of errands today before I can really enjoy my weekend, and it may be a bit much to haul two bushels around with me.  Say ever thought about going into delivery?  Ponies would really like that idea!"

She dug into her saddlebag and tossed the bits onto the counter before easily lifting the bushel onto her back, she may be a school teacher but she was still an earth pony, so it wasn't even difficult to carry or balance.  "Well, I won't keep anymore of your time!  Hope your sale does really well today, and from the look of the line, it surely will!"

• 4 weeks later...

Of course Sweet Apple Acres delivered.  Although Applejack and the family failed to advertise that today, it has always been a process in selling apples.  Although she did not think delivery would play this much of a role in something like a sale for country kisses as a bonus.  Cheerilee put her bits on the table, thanked for the sale, and started walking away.

Applejack was puzzled, and refused to let her leave.  "Cheerilee!  Ain't you forgetting something?"  Applejack rested herself on the counter with one hoof to lean on, her face looking to the left, but her eyes fixed on Ponyville's best teacher.

Spoiler

35 Kisses left!

Next up
66. Cheerilee
67. Fast Track
68. Fire Walker
69. Sky Sailing
70. Hawkeye
71. Gideon
72. Mint Zest
73. Witchweed Charm

Inactive:

Spoiler

Kissed
1-10

Spoiler

2. Reno Golucky
3. Lore Weaver
5. Gentle Sol

11-20

Spoiler

12. Lyra Heartstrings
13. Donut "Pony" Joe
20. Thorn

21-30

Spoiler

22. Twilight Shine
23. Opal Shards
24. Bon Bon
26. Princess Luna
27. Guiding Light
28. Mythos Gray
29. Harrington Sleuth
30. Pumpkin Cake

31-40

Spoiler

31. Inkwell
34. Master Mustang
35. Parhelion
36. Prime Meridian
37. Razor
38. Dr. Spin Tale
40. Quiet Harmony

41-50

Spoiler

41. Ice Storm
42. Heart Line
43. Pocket Change
44. Sugar Rush
45. Moonstone II
46. Valen Orange
47. Mojo
50. Zelda

51-60

Spoiler

51. Curiosity Sparks
52. Flash Sentry
53. Gadget
55. Carrot Top
56. Presteza
57. Prince Blueblood
59. Princess Cadance
60. Ruby Pinch

61-70

Spoiler

61. Berry Punch
62. Fluttershy
63. Red Cedar
64. Night Glider
65. Granola Gracie

Cheerilee was about to walk into town with her new basket of apples satisfied that she got a great bargain when Applejack spoke up.  Cheerilee immediately stopped and stood there for a moment trying to imagine what she had forgotten.  Didn't she give enough bits?  Maybe she gave too many and had some change?  She was sure that she had counted out each one before hoofing them to AJ.

The school teacher turned around and walked back to the booth, there her bits were still sitting, as she glanced over them, she confirmed they were the right amount.  She looked up at Applejack with a confused expression, made even more so by the orange orchard mare's coy expression.  "It was five bits, right?  Did I forget someth-"  Then it dawned on her as she inadvertently read the sign above the freckled orchard mare's head, 'free kiss with each purchase'.

Cheerilee chuckled and pointed at the sign, "oh I thought that was just an extra thing to get customers to show up!  Going by the line, I'd say it was a success, but that's for the customers who came specifically for that extra affectionate bonus, isn't it?"  Cheerilee came just for the apples herself, she wasn't even aware of the kissing part until Applebloom told her of the gimmick, which to her was a bit silly, but hey, it was definitely working!

Truth be told, Cheerilee just wasn't interested.  "You're sweet and attractive and all, but I'll be honest if I was going to kiss an Apple, I'd kiss your handsome brother!  So don't worry about having to go through with anything awkward with me, you have more than enough willing kissers in this line!"  She winked.

• Like 2

D3OSPzi.png

...This was ridiculous.

And not a ridiculousness of the normal variety, no. This was...Ponyville. 

However ridiculous it was, however, even Nocturne couldn't so blithely spend his bits when he was planning for an extended stay in the town to do more extended research in the Everfree. And when he'd passed the sign advertising the sale of bushels of apples for a fairly cheap price, he hadn't been able to pass by, not while he was still scavenging for supplies, tools, and needing to pay rent besides. He supposed with all else, he should just be grateful at the cheap buy that would land him a veritable treasure trove of sustenance for a good while, especially if he dried them out. Dried fruit constituted less water, true, but also less sugar. A good travel food to take with him into the bowels of the dark and unforgiving forest.

Though, why the sales pitch of what seemed like a country fair kissing booth, the darkly colored Unicorn hadn't a clue. Perhaps this, 'Applejack', was a particularly famous pony around these parts. Sweet Apple Acres certainly seemed like a cornerstone in the small farming community, one he'd heard referenced several times during his frequent visits. And as its owner - co-owner? Inheritor? The orchard was a family business, he was certain - perhaps the novelty of receiving a kiss from the mare impressed enough upon the local populace to entice business. 

The lowered price was doing just as well for him, thank you very much.

"Hn," is what Nocturne muttered to himself as he trot up to the back of the line, annoyance flickering over his features at the various ponies all waiting in front of him. After a moment the annoyance passed however, allowing the darkly colored Unicorn to relax slightly as he patiently waited his turn, pale eyes fixed unerringly on the orange mare behind the sales booth.

Patience was a favored pastime of researchers, after all. A speciality, one might say.

• Like 2

• 7 months later...

D3OSPzi.png

...This was ridiculous.

And not a ridiculousness of the normal variety, no. This was...more than ridiculous. 

Were artificial kisses meant to entice sales rather than entice emotion really worth such a long wait? It apparently seemed so, as the line showed no signs of moving, either forward or backwards. The current contenders for apples were apparently content enough to wait a decade or two for said fruit, and Nocturne could only assume they were the best, thrice-cursed apples in the entire nation if they were all so willing to stand in line for such a long while.

...Didn't they have anything better to do?

He certainly did, and with nothing more than a quiet snort, Nocturne Wisp turned around and headed straight back the way he came, back along the first road that led into the town proper. Generous pricing or no, he would settle for a small bag of apples at the local market instead, for there were simply far too many things to get done in his day to simply loiter about. 

The magical plants inside the Everfree were not going to clip themselves, after all.

[[ Exit ]]

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...

5HbB79Q.png

Cheerilee tried her best to worm out of getting a kiss, but rules were rules and laws were laws. An Apple didn't bend nor break a promise or offer even if it was something she had started the day not at all excited about it. So Cheerilee didn't really want to kiss Applejack? Well, she didn't need to. Apple Bloom had given some kisses out, Granny was going to- what was the mess in having Big Mac give a few? He had been standing there all silent and stoic, helping out with the mechanics of the day but it was only a matter of time until he had to answer the call and sacrifice his lips for the cause. And for Cheerilee, she doubted it'd be much of a sacrifice for her big lug of a brother.

"Well Sugarcube, Ah don't see how that's a mess of a problem at all!" Applejack said excitedly as she took care of the bits and hoofing out the apples. She nodded to her brother. "Eeeyup!" he said with a slight hint of bashfulness. One of his forelegs shot out and he pulled Cheerilee in for a big kiss. It was sloppy, gentle, and big, just like her big brother in all the ways that mattered to the mares of Equestria. After he was done he let go with a slight tinge of pink on his red cheeks. Applejack pushed the bushel to Cheerilee and winked. "Ask and ye will receive! Hope y'all like yer apples, Miss Cheerilee. Ah'll make sure Apple Bloom does her homework quick as a pegasus for ya. See ya soon! Have a great day!" She said, waving the best school teacher in Equestria off.

"Step on up! Five bits an' a bushel an' kiss from tha best mare in Equestria!" Apple Bloom bellowed out, inviting the next pony in line to get some!

*Fast Track is now up*

34 Kisses left!

Next up
67. Fast Track
68. Fire Walker
69. Sky Sailing
70. Hawkeye
71. Gideon
72. Mint Zest
73. Witchweed Charm

Kissed
1-10