[Sweet Apple Acres] 100 Country Kisses (Closed. NO Kisses Left)

Hippo

GrannySmith1WithText.png

It took nearly every ounce of strength Apple Strudel had to hold back his furious sister. The bearded stallion could never recall seeing Granny Smith so angry! She SO wanted to buck Flim into the stratosphere, like she had THOUGHT she'd done previously.

"Calm yourself, mein sister!" Apple Strudel pleaded. "Listen to vhat AppleJack vill say!"

"The ONLY talkin' I wanna do is with my hind legs!" Granny neighed as she struggled to be free from her brother's grip.

As AppleJack lectured Flim, the elderly mare began to calm down. She did growl a bit when her granddaughter kissed him on the cheek, but then realized that she was living up to her 'honest' reputation.

"See mein sister? AppleJack had dee situation vell in hoof."

"I suppose yur right, Strudel. Thanks fer keepin' me from doin' somethin' I might regret."

As Apple Strudel turned to take his place at the applestand, Granny Smith turned too, but then she spotted a single apple on top of a low nearby fencepost. Instantly, the gray maned mare seized the opportunity, positioning her hind legs as she gave the 'teed up' apple a swift kick. The shiny red apple sailed high into the air before descending down and striking it's intended target: the departing Flim's head. With a smile of satisfaction, Granny Smith then returned to the applestand.

Meanwhile, in the line, Pigpen continued his delightful conversation with Misty Morning.

"Who hasn't heard of the fabulous Wonderbolt team? I wish I had my autograph book to have you sign in. WAIT! I think I DO have it on me! Pardon me a moment, please."

The shaggy stallion began to rummage through his thick furry coat. Soon, a number of objects that he had stored within it began to fall out. A boxing glove, a box of chalk, a basketball (that bounced towards the back of the line), a white kitchen sink, a dusty cowboy hat, a shiny blue vase (that landed on the ground and rolled up the line towards Rarity) and a folding chair all fell from the body of the smelly, unkempt stallion before a book labeled 'Autographs' on it tumbled to the grass.

"AH! Found it!" he announced, opening it for Misty to sign. "Here you are, I'd be honored if you'd sign this page, Misty."

Meanwhile, Pigpen's loyal flies got bored waiting in line with him, so they began to buzz around the heads of others waiting in line. First swarming around Starburst and Rarity and then flying off to buzz around Survey and Cherry Jubilee.

The colt chuckled awkwardly and cleared his throat before speaking to Cherry again. '' Well, uhm.. heh.. uhm.. i am sure i tasted them, i know that!'' he says, and grinned at the mare for a short moment. She seemed like.. rather rich individual, especially if she could best his offer. In reality, he didn't actually have trice the price of the apples, but that aside he would've gone way further than that amount to get them! Even if he didn't have it, that is! For now, all he could do was humor himself before buying some apples.

And now that he had walked over to Cherry, that might take a bit longer. Well, these moments could be used to chat with some of the others aswell, right? the colt thought, and turned around. The first pony he spotted seemed to be a rather frustrated over.. her brain. '' P-Problems with your head? '' he asked her, and idly trotted over to her. '' ..Need a hoof.. or.. rather.. need a brain? '' he asked, chuckling lightly before grunting and looking away. '' That was.. terrible!.. '' he whispers to himself, stomping on the ground lightly before quickly shifting back to Pathfinder. '' I mean.. uhm.. can i help? '' he asks again, trying to forgot he said what he said.

AppleBloomATTEMPT3final.png

Flim was lowered like chum to sharks, and Apple Bloom felt righteous strength course through her loins. With what giddy strength and malice she was prepared to unleash a hailstorm of vicious yet non-jettisoning kicks upon his form, rendering him jelly before she stopped. Seeing both of them slip past her and try to have their way with the Apple Family sent such shivers of rage down her spine that instead of being in a state of frothing rage, she instead felt nothing but joy at the prospect of attaining some measure of vengeance. It was the type of anger only a filly or colt could feel, that or a psychotic, since it lacked emotional maturity or reason. What she lacked in emotional maturity at that moment she made up for in restraint, momentary as it was, seeing as the most offended party of all approached Flim. Apple Bloom was certain her big sister was going to land the first and perhaps most crushing blow of all, signalling the rest to fall upon him. It was only right, after all- some may call it frontier justice but to a filly, it was just proper. Commit a wrong act and get punished, and in this case, punishment was a flurry of hooves. Did she like it? Not really, but it was far superior to feeling useless. All she had to do was wait for Applejack to-

Applejack let Flim go.

Apple Bloom's jaw could not have detached itself anymore as she watched the events unfold. In a clearer state later that night she would come to understand the importance of mercy and how violence was the last resort, the wisdom of her older siblings trickling through to her. But at that moment in time she was in no mood to be considerate of anything other than her personal desire to see him punished. How many ponies had acted all nervous and shy and seemed to treasure her big sister's kisses, and there Flim was getting one- even if lukewarm- like he was just an annoying stallion and not the no-good, thieving rat that he was underneath the pelt of a pony? How hard did they work for those apples, to set all of this up, and for him to walk away with their apples? For his brother to steal a kiss and yet they were sending him apples?

As he melted away from the farm, all Apple Bloom could do was stomp her hooves in pure frustration.

"Applejack! ya can't be serious 'bout lettin' him an' his bruther git away with what 'hey did that easy!" Apple Bloom pouted, unable to articulate well the fact that she felt like planting her two back hooves in both of their faces. It would have been excellent bucking practice, which was denied. She gave an utterly frustrated sigh and stomped on the ground.

"It ain't fair to none of us, Applejack! For Land's Sake!" She spat out in a tone resembling a frustrated sigh, following it up by starting a slow trot away.

"I'm gonna git some air, Applejack," Apple Bloom whispered evenly as she grew distant. She knew she had to take out her risen anger on something and as a foal was wont to do, inanimate and hard objects were best. A dead tree, perhaps?

Pathfinder.png

Pathfinder grinned gaily as Earth Writer's written word world was momentarily misdirected maliciously through his mind's catty conclusion. She had seen that look many times before, ponies caught off guard by her appearance and having some sort of foal-hood flashback. She laughed and tossed her mane back.

"I've heard that before, and its the best compliment you could ever give me. You know how much it cost to permanently dye my pelt? Yikes! And as for all this, some sort of kissing both to sell apples. It's very adorable. Is it run by a filly? It reminds me of something you'd see at a fair," Pathfinder responded to the pony's question with a slight raised hoof, her personality affable to completely ignore the somewhat biting image painted by Survey in his foolishness.

"Oh, I'm just fine. I don't need a brain yet- no parasites in there today!" Her ears pinned against her head and eyes trying to look inward as she considered it, "Or at least I hope not. That was one very wild month," Pathfinder spoke in a gloomy tone, her voice echoing internally and recalling some horror story before being completed ignored as she bounced right back up, extending both front hooves to the two ponies, crossing her legs as she did so.

"Well, my name's Pathfinder! Nice to meet you two!"

2z5nalg.jpg

Pony Joe was a very good natured Pony, however as he watched Flim drop to the ground, he could not believe how angry he was. Such filth did not deserve anything from Applejack, not even a bushel of apples. The very least this pathetic and disgusting pony deserved was a kiss from the graceful Applejack.

Part of Joe hoped that Applejack would buck him in the face, just as she had so painfully done earlier. That is what Flim deserved, a nice swift kick in the teeth and a broken nose. How dare he, after all this time, try to con them again! Shamefully, even Joe had to admit to falling for the brother's tricks. He had bought a cider machine for his shop, only to learn the truth soon after. It had cost a lot of money too! Joe really couldn't afford it, but hoped it would raise his shop higher in stature and quality. He had been so ashamed, so mortified, and so defensive of the Apple Family's troubles.

Trying to sabotage small business was the lowest kind of low in Joe's mind. The brothers were liars, cheaters, and over all sick. Yes, he hoped Applejack would buck him to the moon, and Joe had front row seats to watch it. His turn was coming, but all thoughts of the kiss left his mind as he eagerly watched to see Flim's pain.

Joe watched as Applejack stared at Flim, and his usually tall posture sank to a new low. Joe found this fitting, for Flim's schemes had also just sank to a new low. He then saw her throw a bushel on Flim's back, take 5 bits from his vest, and give him a half-hearted kiss on the cheek. Joe was absolutely astounded. No bucking?! No harsh words?! The next feeling that hit him was understanding. Applejack DID have a reputation to stand up for, just like he did. Even here. And what could be worse for his reputation than cheering on the pain of a pony, no matter how vile?

Joe stood up a bit straighter, and watched the scene with a bit less enthusiasm on the outside. Who KNEW who was watching, or who he could run into out here? He had lots of Ponyville clients, after-all. Admiration filled Pony Joe after he heard those words. She had remained composed and kind-hearted throughout the ordeal, something Joe would not have had the ability to do. As Joe saw Flim skulk away from the farm, Joe's mind returned to the kiss. He was still angry, of course, but he had other, more important matters to attend to. Flim was not his problem.

Though he had been somewhat disillusioned, Earth Writer was no less fascinated by the mare in front of him in line. He'd read the Daring Do books as a colt; almost everypony he'd met had at least heard of her, but never before had the unicorn met anypony so dedicated to imitating her. It was actually kind of inspiring.

He shook her hoof with a grin, rather pleased at his good fortune. "Well, it's a real pleasure to meet you, Pathfinder." After hearing that this was apparently some kind of kissing booth, Earth Writer stood up on his hind hooves to get a better look at the front. "I think... the kisser is... miss Applejack, yes. Huh..." From where he was he could barely make out the end of the whole Flim/Flam debacle. "We seem to have just missed something exciting, pity."

The line seemed to be bunching up at the end, with a pony from a few spaces in front talking to Pathfinder as well; Earth Writer could hardly blame him. He took the momentary respite to consider the prospect of his purchase. *I could use some apples to eat on the trip up, as well as have some stock for when I arrive back at Canterlot. You can't get apples this good there. Not sure about the kiss, though.*

He shrugged. Time enough to deal with that as it came. In the meantime, he was standing next to a pony that was most likely full of great stories, and there were few better things for a geographer to do while waiting in line than to talk with an explorer, after all.

"So, what brings you to Ponyville?" He asked the mare that would be Daring Do.

Metal Maker, blacksmith and farrier, was pulling his stock wagon/living quarters/workshop behind him when he saw a line of ponies watiing to see someone in a booth. It was Sweet apple acres and He assumed they were selling apples. He knew, by rumor and story, that they were fine apples, but a line to get them? That was a bit odd.

He saw the tail end of a scuffle in the line and a pretty filly step in and sort it out. He smiled at her resolve and courage He hoped that others in the line were more civilized, but if not, his size and muscles would dissuade any troublemakers.

He saw a poster that mentioned a free kiss from Applejack when one bought a bushel of apples.. He had never met the famous AJ, but had heard a lot about her and her friends and something called the Elements of Harmony. He liked apples, his larder was nearly empty and getting to kiss a hero seemed like a good way to spend some time. He unhitched his wagon and went to stand in the line. There were several ponies ahead of him, but he was sure there were more than enough apples. He hoped to get a look at the famous Apple Jack when he got closer. In the mean time, He looked over the other ponies in line.

• Like 1

(OOC: I'm surprised Applebloom has not noticed anything of a certain straw hat on her head. ;-) )

Thorn looked ahead in the line. His long ears perked up seeing a Wonderbolt and what appeared to be Daring Do.

The russet donkey chuckled "Oh my, this heroine of Equestria must really have an effect on even famous ponies...."

He blinked and did a double take, seeing the orchard owner from Dodge Junction was there too.

Thorn waved "Miss Cherry Jubilee! Greetings! It is a wonderful surprise to see you here! Your Cherrychanga recipie is one of our more popular items!"

A moment later, hoofsteps announced the arrival of another pony. Thorn turned to look and found Metal Maker was there "Oh, is this a small world or what? Greetings Double M!"

Meanwhile, Flim panted as he homed in on where he felt his brother was his horn glowing neon green as he searched with his horn. "Brother Flam! Where are you?!"

He groaned as he wiped apple bits off his messy mane. Whoever hit him had good aim and great strength behind it...

Edited by Boss_Hoss1

Rarity nodded at Cherry's words. Oh, so this mare was of that persuasion then? She never would have figured as much. Granted, she hadn't known Cherry very long. It did make her wonder what the relationship between her and Applejack, who had been at her farm much longer, was like though. Cherry's words seemed to indicate a sort of interest at the least. Rarity didn't have any problems with such things; she was lining up to kiss another mare mostly just for amusement after all. She smiled back at the cherry farmer.

"Well, thank you, darling," she said, nodding at the compliment. "You are quite lovely yourself." This was not an empty compliment either; with her beauty and class, it was almost hard to imagine this pony for all intents and purposes had about the same job that AJ did. "If you ever find yourself in need of a dress to highlight your beauty, please don't hesitate to look up my boutique."

About then, some vase came rolling toward her. Rarity looked at it, looked back in the line and was then greeted with flies buzzing past her, accompanied by a vile odor. Ugh! Just what was that repugnant smell? She knew she wanted nothing to do with it at the least. She tapped the vase with her hoof, sending it rolling back and then faced completely ahead. She already felt sorry for Applejack knowing that stench would undeniably reach her as the line moved. She felt even more sorry for the ponies next to the offender in line though.

GrannySmith1WithText.png

As Granny Smith stood by at the apple stand accepting payment for bushels of apples, she sniffed the air and made a very sour looking face.

"PEE-YOO!: Hay Strudel, did ya leave yur sourkraut out in the sun too long agin? Smells like rotten eggs wrapped in stinkweed up here!"

"Nein, mein sister," the gray bearded stallion said, "Vee cooked dee last of dat buncha sourkraut last night."

"Then what in tarnation's smellin' so bad?" Granny asked, unaware that she was upwind of Pigpen, whose pungent odor was now eminating in all directions around him throughout the line. The 'stray' basketball he produced from his shaggy coat still bounced down the line. As he waited for his autograph, Pigpen noticed the vase that had rolled from his coat was rolling back towards him. This was when he noticed Rarity up ahead in line.

"Thanks lady!" the shaggy stallion shouted, "HAY! You're Rarity Unicorn! The famous fashion pony! WOW! Maybe I could drop by your shop sometime and you could fit me for a suit jacket!"

Meanwhile, the blue Pegasus who delivered Flam his apples and moneybag back to him heard the shouting of his brother.

"HAY MISTER! IF YOU ARE LOOKING FOR FLAM, HE'S OVER THERE AT THE EDGE OF THE LAKE! WORD TO THE WISE, HE'S NOT IN A GOOD MOOD AT THE MOMENT!"

ajbanner.png

Applejack's mood wasn't very pleasant. And as Silverbolt replied with an apology, a heartfelt honesty beamed from his immature personality, and it ignited Applejack once again. She couldn't be down for so long. Applejack's frown grew slowly upward as she spoke, "Now, little sprout, it's ok. We all make mistakes. Just be a little wiser next time and let us try and hoofle the situation. Besides, Flim and Flam are known for their trickery, we wouldn't want them to trick you into thinking something that wasn't true." Applejack walked over to Silver and put her hoof on his shoulder. "Oh! You're Sunrise's son? I had no idea! How come we've never met?" Applejack nudged Silverbolt playfully and tried to loosen him up. She understood his feeling of embarrassment, but she wanted to keep him from being saddle-sore about it. "Two bushels!? Well, that's just swell." Applejack grabbed Silverbolt's face and attacked him with a apple kiss, and then let go of him immediately. "Oh, uh, You got 10 bits on ya right?" Applejack probably should have received payment first.

After Applejack's hasty kiss, Apple Bloom tugged at her tail and expressed her displeasure with how the Flim situation turned out. After a bit of sour-apple'd words that her sister probably wasn't very proud of, she began walking away towards a dead tree, to put out her frustration in the form of practice apple buck kicks. Applejack reached her and said, "Now, Apple Bloom. You got to understand. If we let them make us angry and we stoop down to their level, we become just as bad as them. It a situation like that, we have to be the bigger pony and stand up for what is right. And what is right is a fair sale, for a fair amount of apples. And today, a kiss. If the Flimflam brothers want to keep rusin' like they are, their lack of integrity will catch up with them. It always does. But fairness and integrity is always rewarded, even when it doesn't seem like it first." Applejack knelt down to Apple on all fours, her bottom side warming the ground. "Do you understand, sis?"

((OOC: Note, OOC format changes and new rule))

New rule: Limit two characters receiving kisses until further notice. I will probably open it up to 3 characters each later, but for now lets keep it to two. RPers who have two kisses and/or ponies in line receiving kisses are Mojo Pony, Alison Rose, sevofthesands, and Boss_Hoss1. Starburst is not receiving a second kiss.

I'm very happy with the way this thread is going. It's going much smoother than I had anticipated. I placed this rule and a few extra guidelines to certain players just to reaffirm the structure of the story. Keep it up guys!

90 Kisses left!

(This is not a posting order, just the order in which they are lined up. If it is your turn in the line or if its coming up soon, feel free to post whenever you want to advance the story. Please refrain from posting too much if you are deep in the queue.)

Kissed

1. Carrot Fields :smug:

2. Reno Golucky :smug:

3. Lore Weaver :smug:

4. Dunder Blust :?

5. Gentle Sol applebloom01byzutheskun.png

6. Flam watapplejackbyfelixkotd.png

7. Starburst :?

8. Astral :smug:

9. Flim watapplejackbyfelixkotd.png

10. Silverbolt :smug:

Coming up

11. Klondike

12. Incognito (Lyra)

13. Pony Joe

14. Rarity

15. Starburst

16. Pigpen

17. Survey

18. Cherry Jubilee

19. Misty Morning

20. Pathfinder

21. Earth Writer

22. Windy Daze

23. Thorn

24. Metal Maker

Applejack.pngMadden.pngGranola_Gracie.pngArrow_Plain.pngMiracle.pngRemington.pngSugar_Rush-1.pngCoconut_Lime.png

• Like 1

AppleBloomATTEMPT3final.png

Apple Bloom stood there and listened to her older sister's words of wisdom, which had stopped her mere moments before she was to start unleashing her entirely unrequired filly angst on the poor dead tree that happened to be nearby. Apple Bloom tried to think past her sister, to justify the anger she felt, but it didn't work. The anger wasn't vanishing and it sure as heck wasn't abating, but it was harder to want to act on it. What Applejack said could be boiled down to just being a good pony no matter what, be the better mare, and not let that distract you from what's fair. Apple Bloom sighed as she looked up at her sister. It was right, it made her feel better, but she still felt like kicking something just to get the frustration out that was now without release.

"Ah know, ah know, yer right as usual, ah guess. But it just don't feel right that they can be so mean and stuff and we got ta give'm the same as the rest! But...ah guess if we start treating someponies dif'rent from othas and aren't fair to everypony, it makes it easier ta start thinkin' we can treat other ponies different...evem if they deserve it, ah guess?" Apple Bloom asked as if trying to have somepony else confirm her burgeoning thought processes. She was trying to confirm that she was right and as she gave it more and more thought, that her sister was right. What good was a pony if they constantly reset their attitudes or expectations, deeds or kindness depending upon their own opinion of the pony across from them? Sure when you were talking about a bad pony maybe that line of thought held value, but it was just a bad way of thinking. Before you knew it, instead of just treating the bad ones different, you were treating all ponies different. Slippery slopes always started off righteously.

"Yer right, Applejack. Sorry 'bout causin' a scene," She said, sighing contently as her mind went to ease. She took off the hat on her head and re-adjusted.

"Ah look right silly with this on."

Pathfinder.png

Pathfinder smiled as Earth Writer warmed himself up. She knew it could take a few minutes for certain ponies to fully move their minds to deal with the awesome imagery that was Pathfinder in all of her native glory(as long as you discounted her dyed coat, pelt, mane, and tail plus her custom fitted wardrobe made to match the character then she was in her native glory). Still though, she was thinking that the fuss was all over this Applejack, whose name she could vaguely recall. She didn't pay attention to the news unless it directly impacted her and she was often so far away from Equestria proper that such silliness could elude her for months.

"Nothing too exciting brings me to town, at least this time. For now. Just picking up some apples, completely out of food and you can't be starving in an adventure. Sends the wrong message completely if your belly's all a'grumbly," She replied hastily as the line moved forward

"Miss Applejack, eh? I don't think Snowy will mind much but still, these apples better be worth it!" She said, for a slight moment shaking her hoof towards the front with nothing but comedic intentions.

• Like 1

ajbanner.png

"That's alright, Sugarcube, I forgive ya! And yes, you do look funny with that hat." Applejack hugged her sister for a few seconds, but then backed up with an idea. "Ah think you should write a letter to the Princess about this, don't you? Maybe you could write about what you should do when ponies do you wrong. Don't you think that would be a good idea?" Applejack's heart poured out of her mouth, the sweet words to her sister sounding ever so soft as the grass under the shade of the healthiest apple tree. Applejack shoved the straw hat down on Apple Bloom's head, as if to tease her about how much growing she has yet to do. Applejack walked away from where Apple Bloom was, perhaps she needed a minute. But before she left Apple Bloom's earshot, she commanded, "And don't let me hear any more foul words like that, ok Missy!?"

Applejack got back to the kiss stand, where it looked like Silverbolt was waiting patiently for... something. "Jus go over to Granny hun and give her your bits and she'll get your apples."

Next in line was Klondike. Ah, Klondike. What a strange pony. Applejack was so thankful for him helping out rebuilding the barn, even though it may have rubbed her the wrong way several times during the process. Applejack could probably still consider herself owing Klondike a few favors. But she wasn't sure how to pay him back without using bits. Applejack's imagination wandered just enough for her to crack a nervous smile again. "Howdy, Klondike! What can I get ya?"

((OOC: Note, OOC format changes and new rule))

New rule: Limit two characters receiving kisses until further notice. I will probably open it up to 3 characters each later, but for now lets keep it to two. RPers who have two kisses and/or ponies in line receiving kisses are Mojo Pony, Alison Rose, sevofthesands, and Boss_Hoss1. Starburst is not receiving a second kiss.

I'm very happy with the way this thread is going. It's going much smoother than I had anticipated. I placed this rule and a few extra guidelines to certain players just to reaffirm the structure of the story. Keep it up guys!

90 Kisses left!

(This is not a posting order, just the order in which they are lined up. If it is your turn in the line or if its coming up soon, feel free to post whenever you want to advance the story. Please refrain from posting too much if you are deep in the queue.)

Kissed

Coming up

11. Klondike

12. Incognito (Lyra)

13. Pony Joe

14. Rarity

15. Starburst

16. Pigpen

17. Survey

18. Cherry Jubilee

19. Misty Morning

20. Pathfinder

21. Earth Writer

22. Windy Daze

23. Thorn

24. Metal Maker

Applejack.pngMadden.pngGranola_Gracie.pngArrow_Plain.pngMiracle.pngRemington.pngSugar_Rush-1.pngCoconut_Lime.png

• Like 1

"Oh my! It's mighty good of y'all to say that, Miss Rarity, and ah certainly won't turn down an offer like that, ta have a dress crafter fer my by Ponyville's own seamstress, why, ah hear tell that you even made a buzz in canterlot wi' yer line up," she said, clapping her front hooves to the ground in excitement. She composed herself moments later, though, and adjusted her mane slightly, before coughing softly. "Ah must admit, ah'm a lil' bit excited about this. Applejack spoke so much about her orchards, ah can see she puts a lotta love inta her fruits. Gun be delicious, ah can tell," she said with a smile.

Turning her attention to the rest of the line, she addressed the long eared equine who had recognised her, and bowed down graciously. "Well howdy there! Ah'm glad y'all like 'em, that recipe came ta me a short while ago. Actually, it was Applejack herself, an' her friends, that gave me th'inspiration. Ah just couldn't seem ta get th'idea outa mah head," she said, one ear twitching a little at the memory. Pinkie Pie, one of Applejack and Rarity's closest friends, had been rather... adamant on the cooking experiment, and that persistence had left a mark on the cherry baron.

"Ah guess sometimes, y'all just gotta think outside th' box," she said with another genteel giggle.

Starburst almost visibly gags when the flies shift past her, and can barely hold herself up as the smelly pony moves into closer proximity. She already feels woozy from the first blast of stench, and is quite glad when the wind shifts and blows the stink in the other direction. She politely holds her tongue and pinches her nose with a hoof, trying to be as polite as possible to Pigpen.. but not overly polite. He did smell like a combination of year old cheese, garbage, and unwashed hooves.. or maybe Sulfur, and wet dog.. It was a hard scent to place.. But it was nauseating nonetheless, and Starburst shrunk back many feet when he moved closer to speak to Rarity.

Oh wait! The colt thought, seeing a other pony talking to Pathfinder. Darn you, Survey, you should've paid more attention! The now rather awkward Survey merely chuckled for a short moment, before smiling equally as awkward. ''.. uhm.. yes!'' he said, before retreating back into the line. Way to go on communication, Survey.

Rejoining the cue, the light green colt sighed, looking around him - and besides the ponies and the barn, the only thing he could really look at were the apples. Though they seemed rather.. red. Very red, even!

With the colt getting rather fascinated with the landscape - and apples, sheesh! Was he getting hungry! - all de did was waiting untill it was his turn in the cue.

"Ha! Well, starvation's a terrible thing in any context. As for me, I'm banking apples against the day I can't get any." Food was a simple and universal matter, and it ddn't surprise Earth Writer in the least that anypony, even a seasoned adventurer, would drop by Sweet Apple Acres when bushels of apples were up for sale.

Kisses, on the other hand, were tricky, hence why the unicorn hadn't bothered much with them. It sounded as though the Pegasus who would be Daring Do had her own trepidations concerning the new sales promotion, albeit for different reasons and carried with a different style. She apparently had a special somepony... somewhere.

Keeping his tone light and cheery, to match Pathfinder's own humor, he replied, "Oh, they generally are. I'll bet my new atlas that there's no better anywhere, and you of all ponies should know!" He laughed, a little wistfully. "As for Applejack... well!" He grinned. Earth Writer had kept up with the news between here and Canterlot, and was well aware of the mare's various accomplishments. Actually, he had no idea that anyone hadn't; regardless of how well-traveled they were.

"I'd say there's as many ponies here primarily to see her as those who wish to purchase apples. Pity the line moves so quickly; I'd like to be there to hear you swap stories-"

The permeating smell of Pigpen reached the nose of the unicorn here, and he coughed, snorted, and then tried generally to move as little air through his nose as possible. "Huh, what the... you may have smelled worse, I suppose, but I'll wager not often."

Silverbolt was surprised as Applejack began to smile and accepted his apology, explaining that next time he should let them take care of it and that the brothers were known to be tricksters and deceivers, he slowly began to feel calmer. His wings perking up a bit as his usual smile returned, although muted in it's expression.

He took the playful nudge to the shoulder and in his currently wobbly state, he almost fell over! He managed a laugh as Applejack asked him why they hadn't met yet, considering that he was Sunrise's son. He replied with a friendly, yet polite tone, "I live in Cloudsdale and I am always busy doing package deliveries all across Equestria. Whenever I am not working, I am at my home, sleeping as it can be very grueling to deliver them in extremely dangerous conditions." He was proud of how hard he worked and it showed as his eyes gleamed.

Hearing her accept his offer to buy 2 bushels sent him over the moon with happiness. The grim specter of hunger banished from his thoughts as he was going to ask where he should kiss Applejack. This train of thought was cut off and all other brain activity ground to a halt as Applejack took the lead and kissed him on the lips! Silverbolt seemed to seize up in her grasp as his eyes swirled in confusion and possibly love. The moment seemed to last for an eternity, he was so filled with a happiness that only flying seemed to give him.

Applejack broke the kiss and he felt a twinge of sadness but couldn't stay that way for long! He could finally eat but he was mentally knocked flat and just couldn't get his limbs moving. She asked him if he had enough bits and he replied with a laugh, "I can afford it!".

Silverbolt was brought back to reality and his gnawing hunger as Applejack pointed him towards Granny Smith with instructions to pay her and get his apples from her. He nodded slowly, he was still recovering from that moment, his cheeks still a little red and replied with a smile, "Thank you, Applejack. You've saved me from starving. I hope to see you again sometime!". He then trotted over to Granny Smith and gave her 10 bits. "Two bushels of apples please!", he said with great enthusiasm.

Klondike was busily engaged in his conversation with Incognito. His right ear though, had twitched and aimed itself towards the front of the line, twitching every time it moved forward. Somehow, whether by his own accord or otherwise, he had managed to keep up with the line and now found himself in front of Applejack.

"Howdy, Klondike! What can I get ya?"

His right ear twitched a few times and Klondike turned to look at the farm pony. He looked a bit perplexed for a second or two, but he finally caught on to what had happened.

“Oh, that was quick. Howdy Miss Applejack!” He smiled at her cheerfully as he sat down on his haunches. “How’s the barn? How’s the family? How are you this fine day? Well, actually, I guess today is not a fine day, but an okay day. Kind of hot, but the skies are clear so I suppose that makes it better than okay. Guess you could call it…”

The thought process suddenly switched to internal as he raised a hoof to tap his chin and seemed to profoundly consider the appropriate was to describe the day. Thankfully it was only a few seconds before he came full circle and smiled again at Applejack.

“Well, don’t matter how I describe today because, Miss Applejack, your day is about to get even better!” He suddenly waggled his eyebrows at her as if hinting to something, and slightly leaned over the counter while he looked at her with a sly look.

“I just got my new furnace installed and to celebrate I came down here to offer my favorite customer the best deal ever. Bring me any farm tool, from the smallest hammer to the biggest plow, and I will fix it for only 5 bits each.”

Klondike continued to smile at Applejack as he offered her to repair her farm equipment. A rather odd, and unexpected thing given the nature of the event he had just stood in line for. But again, he was an odd pony to begin with.

“Oh! Almost forgot! I would also like three bushels of your apples, Miss Applejack. Plan to eat a whole one myself, but I want to offer something different, instead of just cookies, for my customers that come to my store. Speaking of which…” He turned around to look at the line of ponies behind him. He hadn’t seen this many ponies lined up for something since cider season.

“You have a lot of customers today. Are you doing some kind of sale or special event?”

Klondike looked to his left and to his right, everywhere except up at the banner that could easily answer his question. It became obvious that, as he smiled at Applejack, and as absentminded as he was, he had just gotten in line and waited without knowing what the line was for.

• Like 2

LyraIncognito-Colour.jpg

Lyra's hoof continued to bob up and down for a few moments after Klondike's enthusiastic shaking, but she eventually managed to stop herself with her other hoof.

“So tell me Miss Incognito, how are you liking Ponyville? How did you hear about Miss Applejack’s apples?”

"Ah, yes, Ponyville is most wonderful. Many friendly ponies. The apples...?" quick Lyra! Think of something! "I hear about them from... my cousin! She comes from Ponyville, says Apple family apples are very good! I come to try them!" Whew! That should work.

As the line moved forward and Klondike went to take his turn. She found herself shuffling her hooves and flicking her tail back and forth, partially from nerves, and partially from the uncomfortable heat. What she wouldn't give to be able to simply ditch the coat and fan herself with her hat. But that was too risky. Should her disguise fail... well, think of the scandal.

She began quietly humming to herself. Humming an old tune she called "She'll be sliding down the mountain..."

Ugh. Rarity and found the source of the stench and now he was talking to her. She was tempted to ignore him, but it wasn't in her character to be rude. Also, he happened to be ahead of Cherry in the line, and Rarity certainly couldn't ignore that continuing conversation. Reluctantly, she sighed.

"It was no trouble, sir," she said somewhat hurriedly. "And I would be grateful for the business," she added simply. As much as she didn't want this pony to stop by her shop, disturb her usual customers and likely force her to scrub the boutique down afterward, it was just not in her to turn down customers. She'd just have to hope he never found the time.

She looked past the odorant stallion toward Cherry. She smiled. "I'd be pleased to serve you. And yes, I have started to make my way in Canterlot. It's quite exciting." She gave a healthy nod. "You're right to be excited as well. Applejack grows the sweetest, most succulent apples you could ever hope to find."

2z5nalg.jpg

Joe suddenly heard a voice that was startlingly familiar, and looked behind him in line. He felt a bit of excitement fill him, he loved running into people he knew! And who else should he see but the lovely Miss Rarity?

Rarity was speaking politely to some ponies ahead in line, but Joe was thrilled to see somepony whom he truly enjoyed spending company with. Rarity was exactly the kind of person he liked- neat, polite, organized, and sophisticated. Because Twilight Sparkle was a consistant customer to his shop back when she lived in Ponyville, he liked to keep tabs on any friends she introduced to him. Especially the ones Spike developed crushes on! Although, Spike had been in a rightfully sour mood the night Joe met Rarity and the rest of Twilight's friends. In the end, of course, it turned out all right.

Joe had often been told that his shop contained a kind of magical atmosphere, you can't feel unhappy in there. Perhaps it was because Joe was such a positive person naturally, or maybe it was because his customers were usually very fine ponies. Joe tried to smile like a gentleman, hoping to impress the lovely Rarity.

"Why hello there, Miss Rarity! Funny running into you here! You look gorgeous as always. Planning on buying some apples today? Applejack is giving out kisses! Well, I'm sure you knew that. You did know that right?"

Joe realised he was rambling, which certainly wasn't polite. He had asked Rarity and overwhelming amount of questions! What if such a fine lady was offended or annoyed? He blushed, always seeming to get tongue tied around mares.

ajbanner.png

Applejack stared at Klondike for what seemed like 5 seconds. His cluelessness was already infecting her mind. Why was he here? And then he started talking. As he talked, mostly about the weather, Applejack tried to follow what he was saying. She even tried to answer to him, but he kept on talking. Her head bobbed up and down and sideways with the flow of Klondike's random talking as she tried to keep up with his rambles. And then he said something mighty suggestive and lean forward towards Applejack, waggling his eyebrows. Applejack was all of the sudden scared. It was just another kiss, but it seemed like Klondike was going to take it to another level. "Uhm, I..."

Klondike continued to introduce his new furnace and that he would be willing to fix anything for a cheaper price. Applejack exhaled. Klondike didn't what he was doing. Applejack should have guessed. However, Applejack knew that if a apple kiss had anything to do with the process of fixing a tool or raising a building, she would then have to worry about this blue pony waddling her way. "Oh, that's great, Klondike, but I don have any tools right now that ah can think of, and we're all mighty busy at the moment." Klondike ordered his apples. "Oh, great! We can get that for you right away." Applejack motioned to Granny to get his apples ready, and then Klondike asked if there was sale.

Applejack rolled her eyes up and spoke. "Uh, maybe." Applejack nervously adjusted her hat and stared at Klondike for a few motionless seconds. Applejack was grateful for Klondike, but how was he going to react to a kiss. Would he react at all. Applejack looked at Klondike with an indifferent smile and started alternately tapping her hooves on the counter. "So... ...how's about a kiss?"

Limit two characters for each player receiving kisses until further notice.

90 Kisses left!

Kissed

Coming up

11. Klondike

12. Incognito (Lyra)

13. Pony Joe

14. Rarity

15. Starburst

16. Pigpen

17. Survey

18. Cherry Jubilee

19. Misty Morning

20. Pathfinder

21. Earth Writer

22. Windy Daze

23. Thorn

24. Metal Maker

Klondike couldn’t help but be a bit disappointed that his offer for fixing farm tools was not needed at the moment, but he was quick cheer up again. He’d just have to find something else to break in his new furnace with, and as always, his help would be available if needed later.

“Well, my offer still stands for you to use at your earliest convenience Miss Applejack.” He said with a smile as he secretly hoped that somepony would come to his repair shop with something fun for him to fix.

For a moment though, he looked behind him as he heard the humming coming from Incognito. It was stirring something up in his memories but he could not place a hoof on it.

"So... ...how's about a kiss?"

His right ear suddenly twitched and he turned around to look back at Applejack. She had an odd smile about her and was tapping her hooves on the counter. He blinked at her a few times and then looked to his left and his right, and then behind him before looking back at Applejack and pointing at himself, apparently not sure if she was talking to him.

“Me?...” He paused for a second as he began to tap his hooves together in a somewhat nervous fashion. “I, yes, me, I mean, yes to me, err, umm…” His hooves began to tap together a little faster as he became a bit more flustered. “I mean, what pony wouldn’t love a kiss from such an outstanding pony as you, Miss Applejack. You’re dedicated to your business and your family. You’re very attractive and pretty. Um, think attractive and pretty are the same, worth saying again though. And… um… well…”

He couldn’t help but give her one of his goofy smiles as a slight blush overtook his face and as he continued to tap his hooves nervously. His right ear had begun to twitch frantically at an odd upward angle.

“Hehe, well, if I’m being honest, I’d certainly love a kiss from such an attractive mare as yourself, Miss Applejack. And maybe, if I may be so bold, would you care to have din- ”

Klondike’s right ear eventually succeeded in getting him to look up at the banner and he stopped talking as he read it, his tapping hooves coming to a standstill. He looked behind him at the lines of ponies and then at the booth and surrounding area, realization clearly etched on his face as his mouth formed an ‘O’ of understanding. Whatever he was going to ask Applejack vanished as other thoughts overtook him.

Lucky for Klondike, he wasn't one to embarrass easily.

“Oooh, so that’s what the line was for. Heh, and here I, um, silly me, heh... hmm…” He tapped a hoof to his chin as his line of thought suddenly switched over to something else. “I wonder, maybe I could implement something like that at my repair shop. No, maybe not. Would be rather odd and, well, just odd. Bring a broken toaster, get a kiss? Would also interrupt my work if I had to kiss every customer. HA! That would just be silly. Maybe I could offer apples while they wait. Actually, wait… I’m already thinking of doing that. That's why I'm here. Well, one of the reasons. Or perhaps I could offer…”

Well, it seemed like Klondike suddenly found himself with a runaway train of thoughts. He might be talking for a bit unless somepony did something.

GrannySmith1WithText.png

(ooc): Been away the past few days, back now.

Granny Smith accepted the ten bits from Silverbolt as Uncle Apple Strudel brought up two bushel baskets of apples and gently brought them out to him.

"There ya go, sonny. Thanks fer yur purchase!" the elderly mare neighed.

"Yavol!" added the bearded stallion. "You vill love dem!"

Meanwhile, in the line, the ever pungent Pigpen smiled and nodded to acknowledge Rarity's invitation.

"Thank you, Miss Rarity, I look forward to visiting your boutique in the future," the shaggy stallion said as he looked down the line to see that his 'runaway' basketball had struck a tree, rebounded and was now bouncing back up the line, closing in on Metal Maker, Thorne and Windy Daze. Pigpen then began to wonder what was taking Misty Morning so long with the autograph. He hoped that the famous Wonderbolt wasn't having second thoughts about signing it.

Over at the shore of a lake, the thoughly soggy Flam pulled himself up out of the water. His costume now gone, his formerly dyed fur now back to it's normal colors and markings. He looked up to see his brother Flim.

"Dear brother, this day has been disaster!" the twin shouted. "I got kicked twice, crashed twice and soaked to the bone in this lake. The only GOOD thing that's happened was that I did received the bushel of Sweet Apple Acres apples!"

Silverbolt smiled wider as Granny Smith and Apple Strudel brought him his apples. He replied to their words of thanks, "No, thank you. I was absolutely out of food to eat at home and now I've got something to eat again!".

Picking up the bushels with his teeth and loading the cart, he ate several apples to quell his hunger. The apples tasted absolutely divine as he closed his eyes in a state of bliss and took to the sky, waving a hoof and yelling, "Goodbye, Applejack! Thanks for the apples!"

(exit Silverbolt)