[Sweet Apple Acres] 100 Country Kisses (Closed. NO Kisses Left)

Hippo

MistyPostBanner1withtext.png

Misty Morning had an awkward grin on her face as she fumbled about for a quill or some sort of pen to sign Pigpen's book with. She found her quill inside of her uniform and slowly started to sign her name in the Autograph book. She noted many of the other Wonderbolts had their name in the book and it was of great honor to add her name to the list.

"And...There...That should do...I think..." She couldn't really see the page that well so she brought it right up to her face and stared hard at it trying to make out if she had ran through someponyelses name or not. Having justly convinced herself that she had not she held the book out for Pigpen to take back. She let the wind blow and wisp her mane back and her awkward grin turned to one of pure joy as she let out a small giggle wondering who else would recognize her, she knew the name Applejack but it had been some time since she had actually SEEN this mare and knew that even though they didn't get a chance to talk before that they for sure had gotten a good look at one another.

"So Mr.Pigpen." Misty Morning tried to speak with the book still hanging in her mouth. "Is there, anything, else that I, can do, for you?" Her eyes seemed to go into a happy stance as the wind blew again and this time wisped her manein the other direction. She was still dead set on figuring out why all these ponies were in line to buy apples from Applejack, she knew that Applejack was part of the Apple Family but you could honestly buy these amazing apples from any of the Apple Family members since they all seemed to be in great communication with each other so that they never ran out of stock at any of the farms.

"You said, that Applejack, was offering, kisses?" She was still not sure if she had heard that properly but her hearing wasn't the issue, it was her eyesight. She had no idea that there were more ponies around save for the noise they were making. The only ponies she could see were Pigpen and a few others.

Thorn brayed cheerfuly as Cherry Jubilee replied to him. "We thank you for the recipie, and of course we use your cherries for them since yours is the closest orchard. Anytime you come to visit Appleoosa, feel free to stop by. Madam Bistro would be happy to see you."

Just then, a whiff of a strong smell hit his nose when the wind shifted, making him cough. he pulled a cloth from his saddlebag and put it over his nose "Oh Celestia, what is that?"

He looked over to the very shaggy pony and the pile of stuff he had pulled from his hair, and a basket ball bumped against his hooves... oh that would be it.

Thorn flicked a hoof to send the ball back to Pigpen and idly hoped Applejack had a strong stomach...

Meanwhile, at the lake,

Flim of the Flim Flam Brothers trotted over to his brother to help him walk "Dear Brother Flam, It sounds like you've had the worse jam. Our outfits are ruined, our bodies sore -but at least apples and kisses we did score."

Flim sighed and shook his head, stopping singing for the moment "I tried plan A like you did, but some pegasus saw through me and threated to tell so I went with plan B -for Bribery. He got angry and spun me through the air until I was sick, then dropped me at Applejack's hooves. All her kin were set to send me into next week. But she...she kissed me...on the cheek! After all we did to her and her kin, she was...Honest! -and followed through on her deals. We each have our bushel of apples too."

He shook his head in stunned wonder as he helped his brother in the direction of their SSCS6K....

[Flim and Flam exit the thread]

(OOC; after checking with Mojo, I figure it best for the brothers to exit by edit.)

Edited by Boss_Hoss1

bonbonforrp.png

Bon Bon hummed softly to herself as she trotted through the Ponyville square, noticing a large amount of attention elicited from a particular stand....right where Applejack usually sets up her normal stand. How curious. She looked around curiously, expecting to see Lyra in the crowd some where, as her fillyfriend had a remarkable habit of finding all source of hustle and bustle whenever she can.

Normally, Bon Bon was on top of any sort of event occurring in Ponyville, right up there at the front of the crowd, but since yesterday, with that....incredible massage.....amazing hooficure.....absolutely DIVINE aromatherapy......

Thinking of it brought on a heavy sigh as she remembered the tension that was released from Bonnie's muscles. Aloe and Lotus certainly were mares talented with their hooves. Pushing the thought of oversleeping out of her mind, she trotted over to find out what was going on. Through a simple amount of overhearing, and peaking over pony's shoulders, she discovered that this was, in fact, Applejack's stand and she was handing out....what? It couldn't possibly be...kisses? She stared in confusion at the stand and watched as AJ planted a kiss on the cheek of a pony that purchased a bushel of her apples.

She stared, and could not help the tingly feeling of curiosity. She....she wanted a kiss, too....

Suddenly, a suspicious figure caught the corner of her eye. She squinted curiously as the figure shifted through the crowd....that tail definitely looked familiar....but she could not be certain, as the pony was wearing sunglasses and a trench coat. She kept her eyes wide, the pony kept coming in and out of site, and was getting closer and closer to the booth...

Her curiosity firmly in place, she set herself in line for the orange mare's cheeky kisses.

ajbanner.png

Applejack gave Klondike a kiss. She timed it just right to plant it at a moment in which Klondike's lips were not separated. Applejack had a quick moves. The soft smacking noise bounced off both of them and Applejack stood back. "There ya go. One kiss for a purchase of three bushels of apples." Applejack pointed Klondike towards Granny's table. "Jus' go over there and trade her your bits. Oh, and we'd love to have you over for dinner sometime! That's a great idea!"

Applejack nodded Klondike off. However, she ran around the counter and began lightly shoving Klondike towards the other table. Celestia knows, if Applejack just let him stand there, he may just ramble all day. "You have a nice day now, ya hear? If I need anything fixed, I know which pony to call!"

Applejack saw a heavily dressed pony next in line. She thought it was awful strange to be wearing so much on such a warm day like today. Was she a sick pony? Oh dear, Applejack would not want to kiss a sick pony. "Um, howdy partner! What can I do ya for?"

Limit two characters for each player receiving kisses until further notice.

89 Kisses left!

(This is not a posting order, just the order in which they are lined up. If it is your turn in the line or if its coming up soon, feel free to post whenever you want to advance the story. Please refrain from posting too much if you are deep in the queue.)

Kissed

1. Carrot Fields :smug:

2. Reno Golucky :smug:

3. Lore Weaver :smug:

4. Dunder Blust :?

5. Gentle Sol applebloom01byzutheskun.png

6. Flam watapplejackbyfelixkotd.png

7. Starburst :?

8. Astral :smug:

9. Flim watapplejackbyfelixkotd.png

10. Silverbolt :smug:

11. Klondike :smug:

Coming up

12. Incognito (Lyra)

13. Pony Joe

14. Rarity

15. Starburst

16. Pigpen

17. Survey

18. Cherry Jubilee

19. Misty Morning

20. Pathfinder

21. Earth Writer

22. Windy Daze

23. Thorn

24. Metal Maker

25. Bon Bon

Applejack.pngMadden.pngGranola_Gracie.pngArrow_Plain.pngMiracle.pngRemington.pngSugar_Rush-1.pngCoconut_Lime.png

GrannySmith1WithText.png

Granny Smith and Apple Strudel stood eagerly by at the apple stand, ready to collect more bits and bring out more bushels of apples.

"Keep it up, AppleJack! We'll have all them extra apples sold off in no time!" the elderly mare neighed.

"Javol!" added her bearded brother. "Vee vill have dis job finished soon, and vhen vee are done, I vill play a tuba solo to celebrate, Ja?"

"Er, let's not git too fer ahead of ourselves here, Strudel."

Meanwhile, still waiting in line is Pigpen, who just received his autograph book back from Misty Morning seconds before his 'stray basketball' bounced back in his direction.

"Thanks, Thorne!" the shaggy stallion shouted and waved before catching the ball with his left back hoof. "And thank you, Miss Misty Morning for signing my book. Yes, as I understand the special today, AppleJack will give each pony who buys a bushel of apples a kiss. I don't know if she'd want to kiss me though. Or whether I'd be worthy of such an honor. No ma'am, you've honored me by signing my book, I couldn't ask for anything else from so majestic a celebrity such as yourself, Miss Misty Morning."

As he stood in line, Pigpen noticed a familiar looking creature in the distance.

"Hay there, little guy! Come on over and I'll give ya a snack!" the smelly unkept stallion shouted as the animal bounded over towards him, a medium sized black and white skunk. "I really LOVE the way these noble critters smell, don't you?"

LyraIncognito-Colour.jpg

Finally, it was her turn. She stepped forward, looking this way and that for anypony who might see through her disguise. She never even thought to check those waiting in line. She quickly double checked her pockets for her bits. Still there. Good.

Was it getting hotter? She was beginning to feel a little light-headed. Forgetting herself for a moment, she took off her hat with her magic and fanned herself a little. That felt nice.

"Um, howdy partner! What can I do ya for?"

Startled, Lyra quickly put the hat back on and stepped up to the stand. She looked at Applejack. She looked into those pretty eyes and at those lips. The lips she was going to kiss. Her face went red again.

"Yes, I- *Ahem* Yes, I would like a bushel of kisses and an apple on the lips please." she said, her Stalliongrad accent only slipping for a moment.

Wait a second.

"Ah, wait, what I meant was: A bushel of lips and a kiss on the apples please."

Yes, that sounded better. Trying to give her mind something else to focus on, she turned to pull her bits from her pocket. As she did, unbeknownst to her, a slight shift of her thick coat revealed a sliver of gold on her flank.

• Like 1

ajbanner.png

Sick? Nope, she wasn't sick. She was just nervous. Applejack gave the pony a wry smile and tried to ease her. "You want some apples? We can get you a bushel of apples right away. That'll be five bits. And I can give you a kiss, on the lips, if that's what you'd like." Applejack's eye shrunk to half lid as her expression became more and more relaxed. Her joy was not to go deep in admiration for this pony, however, she need want to help them realize that it wasn't too much to be embarrassed about. Of course, that was easy to say, coming from a mare who had already got her own lips warmed up. This mare had been standing in line in the sun waiting for the line in front of her to clear. Applejack would have asked her if she wanted to remove her clothes. But she figured that the clothes were on for a reason, and she did not want to make the pony any more nervous than she already was.

89 Kisses left!

(This is not a posting order, just the order in which they are lined up. If it is your turn in the line or if its coming up soon, feel free to post whenever you want to advance the story. Please refrain from posting too much if you are deep in the queue.)

Kissed

Coming up

12. Incognito (Lyra)

13. Pony Joe

14. Rarity

15. Starburst

16. Pigpen

17. Survey

18. Cherry Jubilee

19. Misty Morning

20. Pathfinder

21. Earth Writer

22. Windy Daze

23. Thorn

24. Metal Maker

25. Bon Bon

Applejack.pngMadden.pngGranola_Gracie.pngArrow_Plain.pngMiracle.pngRemington.pngSugar_Rush-1.pngCoconut_Lime.png

To say Klondike’s train of thought was derailed when Applejack kissed him would be unfair. It was a full blown scale crash against the side of a mountain, with boxcar after boxcar crashing into each other. Many thoughts, ideas, and just flat out thinking abilities met an untimely end as Applajack’s lips and his own made contact. His face was on fire as a deep blush took advantage of his stupor. Even his twitching right ear went still and joined its sibling as it lay flat on against his head.

"There ya go. One kiss for a purchase of three bushels of apples. Jus' go over there and trade her your bits. Oh, and we'd love to have you over for dinner sometime! That's a great idea!"

As Applejack herded him towards Granny Smith’s table and he stood in front of her, it was clearly evident that nopony was home at the moment. Slowly though, little by little, as the survivors of that train wreck inside his head began to climb out of the twisted remains, signs of life began to appear again.

First he began to blink, unevenly though, apparently not being able to blink both eyes in unison. Then slowly, a goofy smile began to tug at the corners of his mouth until it looked like they would reach his ears. At that point, both his ears began to stir awake, and the right ear began to twitch its signs of life again, although somewhat feebly.

“… umm…”

Finally, it looked like signs of brain activity were beginning to make it towards his mouth as he began to try and speak again. Klondike blinked a few more times, his brain trying to get the timing right so that he would blink with both eyes at the same time. Eventually he succeeded, and finally managed to speak the first thing that came to mind.

“…Wow…” He blinked a few more times. “I… over dinner… go… come?... What dinner? I-I…”

He suddenly looked around himself, as if unsure of where he was, and eventually spotted Granny Smith in front of him. He gave her a confused looked as he continued to smile broadly from his kiss. Eventually though, he managed to speak again.

“Oh! Hello Miss Smith Granny. How today are you?”

Well, never said it was coherent.

Klondike paused for a second as he tried to make sense of what he himself just said and shook his head a bit. At least now he was blinking properly.

“I mean, I think, I… umm… Hello Miss Granny Smith. How are you today? Are you enjoying the rebuilt barn?... I-I’m not entirely sure why I’m here right now.” He sat on his haunches as he tapped his chin with a hoof and his right ear twitched awkwardly. Apparently some of the train crash victims were more important than others.

“I don’t… know why, but… I suddenly taste apples… an-and I think it somehow involves dinner... I-I think I’m here for apples for my dinner, yeah, that… Well, actually, that would make sense since you nice folk sell dinner… I mean apples, since you sell apples.”

Perhaps feeling that he was getting nowhere fast, trying to rearrange his thoughts, he smiled sheepishly at the elderly mare and stood up, getting ready to go back to his repair shop… Assuming one of the train wreck survivors knew where his repair shop was and how to get back home.

“Um, how much do I owe you for the apples Miss Granny Smith?”

Metal Maker smiled at seeing Thom, it had been a long time. Good to see you mate. I see that these Apples are quite in demand, as is a favor from Applejack.. Just wish this line would move more quickly. The fellow up there now seems to be having a long conversation with AJ. Wish he;ed move on, I am not too far back in theh line, but I do want apples and a kiss from a hero is something to remember.

Suddenly the wind carried a rotten smell to his nose. It made his eyes water and he looked for the source, It was that unkempt and unbathed pony talking to Rarity. He heart went out to her, even if they hadn't met. Then there was Misty Morning, one of the famous wonderbolts, actually talking to the unsanitary beast. He shook his head and wondered at the level of patience of ponies in this town.

He was actually hoping that they didni,t run out of apples before he got to the stand where AJ and what must be her younger sister were arguing between sales. Whoever she was, she was a cute little filly, If Metal Maker had had a sister, he would want her to look like that. Well, just a few more ponies to go.

OOC: Sorry to be gone so long, I will try and post a lot moreoften as the story unfolds.

Rarity tried not to be too visibly displeased when the foul smelling stallion said she looked forward to paying her a visit. She just stared back and forced herself to smile, then gave a small nod and turned back into place in the line. She gave a small sigh as she looked ahead. The line was getting smaller in front of her. Applejack gave a couple more ponies their sweet apples and sweeter kisses. There were now only a very small number of ponies in front of her in the line.

One of them was Joe, the donut maker from Canterlot. He seemed to finally notice her behind him and turned to give his greetings. She smiled back to him and noded.

"Ah, hello there, Joe, darling! It's a pleasure to see you again--it's been a while now since the incident on the train. What brings you here to Ponyville today?" she asked with a smile. "I'm certainly aware of my friend's little promotion here today. Quite an amusing thing, I think. When I heard, I couldn't help but come down here to investigate personally!"

Pathfinder.png

Earth Writer had a certain air about him. Pathfinder certainly enjoyed it when stallions could respond swiftly and with some excessive excitement and joy, a refreshing change of pace against the usual scenario. Too many ponies were either entirly too formal, too shy, or far too excited naturally; Earth writer was responding to her and reacting based off of her personality. It was the polite thing to do, and not to mention it saved Pathfinder the trouble of having to formulate some sort of personality or facade to throw up for him.

"Banking apples for the day ya can't get any is a fine idea, Writer. There are only a handful of things worse and I doubt any of those things are very likely to happen to a writer!" Pathfinder said, laughing as the line moved. She was excited for the kisses like anypony else, but she honestly wanted the apples as fast as possible. Apple family apples were the pride of the heartland, let nopony say otherwise. And while she would have no problem with stealing some if she had no bits, a scenario she had encountered a few times, she had the bits now. She still felt like a filly with her first earned bittage every time she bought something; excitement and pride were hers!

Of course, it was still exciting to know that this mare was one with some fame attached to her. This intrigued Pathfinder, and she was faced with a choice: Ask her friend or ask the mare in question? Pathfinder thought on it a second before she decided to ask Applejack.

"Swappin' stories, eh? I'm sure she must have a few if she's famous and all, but I think I'll hold my own. Should be fun! Too bad she ain't a pegasus or I could ask her for advice on treating wing wounds. I bet she knows something, ya know how those Earth ponies can be!" She giggled as she elbowed Earth Writer in the neck, gamely leaping forward as the line cascaded towards the front.

AppleBloomATTEMPT3final.png

Apple Bloom had spent a sold five minutes hanging away from the line, contemplating how best to return to it. Her talk with Applejack and the realization she had made a scene stoked within her the sort of personal shame only a filly was capable of, as if she thought everypony in town had seen her act like a fool and storm off. This wasn't the truth but truth took the form of clay in the eyes of a filly who was so ashamed of herself. Still, she was an Apple and Apple Bloom knew she could not stray from her task for long, lest she run her own name under due to some silly little incident. Apple Bloom retreated into the house and grabbed a quill and paper before coming back out, intent on showing her sister she was trying to follow through on what Applejack had taught her.

Apple Bloom had come back at the right time, Klondike having had his several moments with Applejack just as Apple Bloom returned. It was interesting, but Apple Bloom's attention was more squarely focused on her sister and how best to tell her that she was indeed going to write that letter to Princess Celestia. The filly trotted up beside her sister and plopped the quill and paper on the table.

"'Ey, Applejack, ah wanted ta tell ya that yer right, ah'm even gonna write that letter ya told me ta, ya know, for Celestia and all," Apple Bloom beamed proudly as she leaned on the table, Incognito next in line and having to deal with another pair of eyes. Luckily, these weren't well trained and suffered from fixation on Applejack.

GrannySmith1WithText.png

When Klondike walked over to Granny Smith, the gray maned knew smiled. When you've been around as long as she has, Granny knew that look in the big stallion's eyes. Getting a kiss from a pretty mare could blow any stallion's mind, so Granny stood patiently and allowed him to speak his peace before answering.

"As Applejack said, the price is five bits fer a bushel, young feller," Granny said with a big grin, "and we do love the way y'all fixed up our barn! It's as good as new!"

"Mein sister is right!" added Apple Strudel as the bearded stallion brought out a bushel basket full of apples for Klondike. "Dee barn is truly vonderba!"

"And my granddaughter DID invite ya fer dinner. Hope y'all kin make it! Come to think'a it, thar was another colt from the barn construction crew that I wanna git back here fer dinner too. He seemed to be kinda sweet on Applejack as I recall, kept call'n her LOVE and BABE all the time. Had the weirdest lookin' cutie mark too.... now, what was his name?"

Meanwhile, back in line, Pigpen continued to entertain his new skunk friend, giving the striped creature more food.

"There you go, little guy," the shaggy smelly stallion said softly as he turned towards the others in line all around him. "Anypony wanna come up here and pet this lovely skunk? He seems to be well behaved!"

2z9ijom.jpg

Joe grinned, happy to be acknowledged by the beautiful Miss Rarity. Her sophisticated demeanour caught him slightly off guard. He sometimes wondered why she didn't just leave Ponyville and move among those of her kind. Joe realised this was a bit of a mean thought, but he really did ponder the sort of thing at times. She was all smiles and spoke politely, which warmed his heart. He did wonder if she was only being kind, though.

"I'm here to get some apples for my store's fritters, they're selling like hot-cakes lately! I hadn't even heard about the kisses until I was already in line, and well, it's definitely an interesting sales pitch."

Joe blushed. He wasn't sure what to say to Rarity, considering that Apple Jack was her friend, and Joe really did want that kiss. He looked at his hooves for a moment, embarrassed.

Earth Writer joined in Pathfinder's laughter, though not, perhaps, as loudly. He was not a loud pony in any case, and in most cases not very much likely to talk at all. However, the pegasus' uniqueness and openness encouraged him, bringing out his more social side.

"Yes, but on the other hand, going hungry tends to be more likely in my profession than most. I think only artists and adventurers deal with it more. I guess it all depends at how good you are at going out an finding work if you're one of the three; it doesn't generally come to you."

All the time, the unicorn was trying to get a look at the other ponies ahead in line; it was quite the mixed crowd. *Let's see, we have... the local junkyard owner, Equestria's finest donutier, Rarity, a Wonderbolt and... a secret agent?* He whistled. That was an impressive draw, but only to be expected, given the quality of the apples.... and the mare.

The sudden elbow caught him a little off-guard, and brought Earth Writer's attention back to his neighbor in line. "Oh, you hurt your wing? I don't know about Applejack, but our local hospital's quite good at dealing with wing injuries. Somehow, though," He smiled as he saw her leap ahead. "I just don't see you sitting still."

LyraIncognito-Colour.jpg

"You want some apples? We can get you a bushel of apples right away. That'll be five bits. And I can give you a kiss, on the lips, if that's what you'd like."

"Yes, that is what I would like." said Lyra, a smile appearing on her face. Applejack's friendly attitude and confident demeanor put her at ease and the unicorn in disguise felt her worries about being discovered simply melting away.

She placed her 5 bits on the table and then she leaned forward for her kiss. She placed her lips on Applejack's, gently at first, but after a second she dared to put her hoof an the farmer pony's neck and pull her a little closer, their lips pressed tightly together. It was as good as she'd hoped. Not the kind of passionate kisses she and Bon Bon shared, but still something new, and thrilling. A guilty pleasure. She didn't care or even notice that the earth pony's hat had knocked off her own during the kiss.

She drew back, her face now bright red, a goofy grin spreading across it. "Haaah, thank you very much..." she spoke, her fake accent forgotten. "That was one heck of a kiss! I'm actually feeling dizzy! And those sparkly lights... is someone using fireworks? Wait.... why am I on the floor?"

Lyra looked up from the ground, not remembering having fallen over. She must have passed out from the kiss. Or maybe it was the heat. Her head was throbbing, and her mouth was dry. Yes, probably the heat then. Her sunglasses and hat had fallen off, and her coat was now open, displaying her lyre cutie mark. So much for secrecy.

"Um... can I have *huff* a glass of water *puff* with my apples *huff* please?" she said, inbetween breaths.

ajbanner.png

Lyra kissed Applejack. Applejack joined her this time, not knowing what the pony would really do. She was trusting that should wouldn't do anything stupid. After all, Applejack knew who this pony was. That's right. She could tell it was Lyra all along. Maybe her cutie mark was hidden, but there was only one pony Applejack knew that had a light blue pelt with white streaks in her hair. She was going to keep to her secrecy. But then she fainted.

Applejack poured apple juice on Lyra's face, which woke her up a little. Applejack knew that she passed out because of the heat. However, she also knew that despite her being humble about her orange curb appeal, the kiss she had with Lyra must have given it a boost. Applejack covered Lyra back up, as she was hoping no one saw who it was. If Lyra didn't want anypony to know she was there, then Applejack figured she might be able to help her keep from embarrassment, even if her disguise was, lackluster.

"Come on Sugarcube, get up. You shouldn't wear such a heavy disguise on a day like today. Here, drink this juice and hurry home. You should have plenty for re-hydration. You can come pick your apples up later when everypony is gone." Applejack straightened Lyra out as she got up, and dusted her coat off. Applejack spoke loudly and tried to sell with an honest lie. "Thank you mister Horseshoes! Ya'll come back now!" Applejack pushed Lyra along, but whispered as she did it, "See ya later Lyra." Applejack gave Lyra a wink, had she looked back to see it.

"Pony Joe!" Pony Joe was next in line. He was busy talking to Rarity.

And it looked like Rarity was getting him flustered, a usual feeling that Rarity produced out of stallions in her area. "Oh, Rarity, quit teasin' the poor fella."

"What can I get ya, Joe? You said you needed more apples for your fritters? I got a few bushels of Granny Smith apples just for the very recipe! Is that what you need and what else?"

88 Kisses left!

Kissed

12. Lyra :smug:

Coming up

13. Pony Joe

14. Rarity

15. Starburst

16. Pigpen

17. Survey

18. Cherry Jubilee

19. Misty Morning

20. Pathfinder

21. Earth Writer

22. Windy Daze

23. Thorn

24. Metal Maker

25. Bon Bon

2z5nalg.jpg

Joe watched as Mr. Incognito in front of him stepped up in line and passionately kissed Applejack. He had no idea who this pony was, and the way he kissed was intense. Joe's heart sank a little more. He wasn't a good kisser, he was just silly. He breathed against his hoof to test his breath once more, which he found slightly reassuring. It still smelled of chocolate, frosting, and other sweet things he sold in his store. In fact, Joe's entire self smelled like a pastry shop. He sighed innwardly, a little relieved, ad snuck a look at other ponies in line.

He did this mostly to distract himself from Incognito and Applejack's kiss, but also wanted to inspect who else was getting lip time with Applejack. There was Rarity directly behind him, followed by Starburst, Pigpen, and a while back Cherries Jubilee. This was a strange town, and he hardly recognised anypony.

As Incognito's turn with Applejack wrapped up awkwardly, Joe snuck one more worried glance at Rarity. He wondered if the mare understood how nervous he was about this, but was sure that she understood at least a bit. He turned when Applejack called his name, and he saw her friendly eyes look him over once more. He felt flutters in his gut. He could feel his cheeks burning with a blush, and his hooves shifted awkwardly against the soft dirt and grass beneath him.

As Applejack called to Rarity about teasing him, Joe felt even more embarrassed. He was no good at hiding his feelings, and he truly was terribly lonely. Every time he was around a nice mare, he got skittish and near tears with shame at his foolish innocence.

"Er...uh...no I actually...Rarity and I were just tAlking." Joe's voice squeaked when he said the word talking, and he heard a few ponies snicker. How embarrassing! He hadn't heard a squeak that high since Sweetie Belle had spoken to him when he first arrived in town.

Joe sighed. It was no use. He murmured quietly "Actually....I think I'll just take a bushel of Granny Smith's and be straight on my way. Here's the money."

Joe lifted his bits into the air and readied them for paying Applejack. He never wanted to show his face in town again, despite how nice Applejack was treating him. It wasn't her, it was him. He was pathetic.

ajbanner.png

Applejack cha-chinged her expression. It was never about the money, but the way the bits were rolling made her very happy, of course. Applejack scooted over towards a bushel of green apples, and placed about a hundred apples in a large saddle sack, which was probably a little more than a bushel. Applejack wanted it to be in good measure. She grabbed the saddle sack and carried over to Joe, placing it on his back. She even fastened it for him, to keep the sack from tipping over because of the weight. "You're a strong pony Joe, you should no problem carrying these to you shop, right?" Applejack winked at him, even though she was practically out of his peripheral vision. "Thank you so for much for your purchase, and you come back now ya hear?" Applejack came around on Joe's blind side and gave him a soft kiss on his cheek. Joe's pelt, which was already a funny light red color, turned more blush as her lips brushed his fuzzy jaw. Applejack walked back to the stand and waved Joe goodbye with a big smile on her face. She admired Pony Joe for his dedication to his work and treated it like an art. The fact that donuts and apples could cross was a thing of beauty in the eyes of a pony who loved good eatin'. And that was Applejack.

Applejack raised an eyebrow at her next guest. "Rarity, heh heh, what in tarnation are you doing here?" Applejack chuckled to see what kind of a rise Rarity was after.

87 Kisses left!

Kissed

12. Lyra Heartstrings :smug:

13. Donut "Pony" Joe :smug:

Coming up

14. Rarity

15. Starburst

16. Pigpen

17. Survey

18. Cherry Jubilee

19. Misty Morning

20. Pathfinder

21. Earth Writer

22. Windy Daze

23. Thorn

24. Metal Maker

25. Bon Bon

"I'm here to get some apples for my store's fritters, they're selling like hot-cakes lately! I hadn't even heard about the kisses until I was already in line, and well, it's definitely an interesting sales pitch."

Rarity smiled back as Joe spoke. She gave a nod. "Oh? I'm sure your apple fritters must be exquisite, especially if made with Apple Family apples! I might have to stop by your shop next time I'm in Canterlot and try some!" she said, giggling softly. "Yes. Interesting is definitely the word for it! It was enough to bring me down here today, at least!"

It was about that time that the pony in front of Applejack, a familiar looking mare, received her kiss. Joe was up. She nodded to him as Applejack called out to him and got his attention. After a brief exchange, Applejack got Joe his apples and helped put them on his back before placing a kiss on his cheek. Rarity smiled to both of them. Her smile only deepened when Applejack called to her.

"Rarity, heh heh, what in tarnation are you doing here?"

"Hello there, Applejack, darling," Rarity laughed slightly and stepped forward. "Oh, I saw this delightful little flier in town and was instantly intrigued!" Rarity held up the flier in question and smiled. "'Buy a bushel of apples, get yourself a free kiss by Ponyville's prettiest, nicest, strongest, and bestest mare, Applejack'," she repeated the text in a clearly amused voice. "How could anypony hope to pass up a deal like that?"

"It sounds like such an exciting promotion! I just had to come see it in action for myself!" she started, taking a few more steps forward. "Oh, and I happen to be in need of apples as well. My supply is all but exhausted."

misty_morning_post_banner_by_jaelachan-d535gxj.png

With a strange grin she trotted forward in the line making her way slowly forward to the kissing booth. She now knew what the deal was, but she would have to dig around in her uniform to find her bit purse. Maybe Applejack would be willing to help get it out. She giggled to herself as that thought crossed her mind then shook her head as she put her goggles on so she could actually see and not cut anypony in line. She noted that there was two ponies who she had seemed to have cut in front of so she slowly moved back behind them, as she did she recognized Rarity.

"You.....you are the pony who had those.....wings, at the young flyers competition. You are the one that distracted the whole event. Tell me, what is your secret for drawing in the crowds as you do?" She was busy nodding her head a few times as she was talking at Rarity not really to her. She really did want to know Rarity's secret but she knew it was most likely going to be something that only a fancy unicorn could do or use, but it was always worth a shot to try and get a few secrets about how to get yourself some new fans or possible special someponies.

"Oh, pardon me, where are my manners." She blushed slightly and then bowed before Rarity.

"My name is Misty Morning, it is a pleasure to meet you face to face....Properly." She giggled as she recalled what happened the last time the two were this close. It ended with one of them getting kicked in the head and being knocked out but that wasn't going to happen this time.

2z5nalg.jpg

Joe stood in place, mortified. He couldn't do this- he WOULDN'T do this! He was terrified to so much as look at Applejack. He would take his apples and head STRAIGHT home! He would make and sell his fritters in an orderly fashion, just how he liked it. In fact, he liked everything to be nice and neat. This wasn't.

Applejack smiled at him, and adjusted the sack of apples containing a bushel onto his back. It wasn't as heavy as he had expected, but it was still a moderately heavy load.

"You're a strong pony Joe, you should no problem carrying these to you shop, right?"

"Oh n-no, it wont be a problem." Joe stuttered, standing up straight as to demonstrate his strength. He had come to Ponyville by train, and was relieved that he wouldn't have to carry these all the way home. Applejack winked at him, and spoke to him kindly. Joe really had anticipated any sort of a kiss- after all, he wasn't going to make a move. But Applejack kissed him on the cheek in a gentle, sweet way. Joe felt warm and fuzzy all over.

"Thank you, Applejack." He whispered, stumbling away from the stand and slowly leaving the acre. He certainly would be back, and he hoped it wouldn't be so humbling next time.

((OOC: Thank you for including me in this thread! It was a blast! Possibly my favorite :D ))

Klondike dug through his satchel and pulled out his bit purse. After setting it on the counter, he began to count out bits, not entirely sure he did the math right.

“Umm, 5 bushels at 3 bits each… wait, flip it around… 3 bushels at 5 bits each.”

Eventually he managed to dig out 15 bits and hoofed them over towards Granny Smith as he listen to her and the oddly dressed elderly pony.

“Well I’m glad it was to everypony’s liking. Had a good foundation to work with and everypony that helped, helped in earnest… although there were some problems. Not big ones… Oh! Sorry Sir! I don’t think I got your name…” He extended his hoof towards Apple Strudel as he smiled at the elderly pony. “Name’s Klondike, repair pony at your service.”

Pleasantries out of the way, he then looked at Granny Smith with a slight confused expression as she mentioned an invite to dinner and a pony that helped with the barn.

“I got invited to what now?”

Well, it seemed that he was still reeling from his encounter with Applejack. It might take a few more minutes till his brain was up to speed and all his thought were properly reorganized. Organized by his standards at least. He seemed better at recalling older events though, so that was plus.

“I think you are referring to Mister Mojo Jojo… Or was it just Mister Mojo? Mister Moho?...” Klondike began taking his bushels of apples and placed two on his back and balanced one on his head as he continued to think of the name.

“Actually, no, I’m pretty sure it was just Mister Mojo. Umm, wait, why was I trying to recall his name?” He looked blankly at Granny Smith before smiling and shrugging, careful not to tilt the bushels on his back.

“Oh well, I guess I’ll recall later. Well, it was a pleasure talking to ya’ll! I think I should get back to my shop. Might have things to do. At least I hope I do. OH! Right! I need to go break in that new furnace. Thanks for the apples!”

Finally Klondike waved goodbye to the ponies at the stalls and began making his way back to Ponyville…

And he turned the wrong way and was now heading in the opposite direction Ponyville. Even from afar, his right ear could be seen twitching frantically towards the proper path leading towards Ponyville, as if trying to warn its owner that he was going the wrong way.

Oh well, he’ll eventually get his thoughts straighten out after that kiss from Applejack. Hopefully realize he's going the wrong way at some point before he gets to far from Ponyville.

(Klondike Out)

[[OOC – Had a fun time! Till next time everypony!]]

Metal Maker was mildly amused at Klondike's nervous behavior. He also recognized Lyra, despite her disquise and wondered why she was wearing it.. He saw that Rarity had recovered from her ordeal with Pig Pen, or so he heard him called. ( Apt name!)

He was glad to be moving up in the line and happened to see a pony who looked like the living image of Daring Do, the pony from the stories he had read as a foal. Daring Do was a fictional character, of course , but some fan had made herself over to resemble her. he asked the pony in front of him, who the stranger was and got the answer Pathfinder. A fitting name for an adventerous pegasus. He wondered about the expense of having one;s pelt dyed and a new cutie mark applied,. He could only assume she was a literally dyed in the the pelt fan.

He wanted to swap stores with her but she was too far forward in line. He hoped to look her up after the Apples were purchased. He slowly moved ahead and saw that Klondike was going the wrong way. He was about to call out to him, but his right ear curiously twitched and he turned around. Interesting, as very many of the ponies in this town.

He checked his saddlebag and found plenty of bits to buy 1-2 bushels of apples. Better to get more as he was a big eater.

He randomly eyes the ponies in line and saw some interesting characters. He hoped to settle down for a bit as the place looked like he could get plenty of business in horseshoes.

He only hoped that applejack didn't hit her quota of kisses before he got there. Kissing a hero of Equestria was an event not to be missed.

OOC; Could someone tell me where I am in line? I am near Rarity and Pig pen but not sure who else is ahead of me. I have been in and out and not sure who is on first.

Thanks

Jim aka Metal Maker

Starburst shivers in forewarning as Lyra is unmasked. She feels... as if something is going to happen. Something quite unexpected and possibly entertaining...perhaps. She was drifting between multiple conversations at the moment, jumping between Misty and Rarity and Applejack and Rarity's conversations. She felt a little bad for eavesdropping, but it was to be expected when you're in close proximity to other ponies. Starburst chuckled when she heard Rarity's description of Applejack. "Prettiest, Nicest, Strongest, and Best mare indeed.." she thought. "Nice and strong? Perhaps. But best? Prettiest? She was pretty.. but not nearly as pretty as Rarity. Perhaps she was just favoring the mare with a compliment? She is generous.." she continued thinking, her thoughts playing into the conversation as it proceeded at a moderate pacing.

She remembered the feeling of her lips upon Applejack's, and the taste of her mouth when she poked her tongue inside the mare's mouth. She tasted like... Apples. Quite delicious.. She wondered if Applejack would be available for seconds, or even thirds..

(OOC: riverhippo, Jim cannot seem to receive PMs for some reason. I have had to email directly at his request at one point.

Jim, you are 11th in line, just behind Thorn. Does the (spoiler) tab in each of riverhippo's posts show up for you at all?)

Thorn watched the doings at the front of the line with amusement, including a blue stallion that was chatting up a storm before being siilenced with a kiss and nudged to the side to pay up and get his apples. Said stallion finally walked off and passed the donkey, apparently heading the wrong way and too dazed from the kiss to hear him as he brayed out to the pony.

Oh well, he'll wake up eventually...

He was of course, still amazed to see a Wonderbolt in line. Now that she finally put her goggles back on, he realized it was Starburst. The line for the kiss was turning into an event all it's own!

Now if only he could ignore the eye-watering smell of the pony near the head of the line. Pigpen suddenly asked the ponies in line to pet the skunk that had showed up to see what the smell was.

The skunk was looking plaintively to the ponies in line and Thorn figured it would go away or at least be better company than Pigpen if it was petted. "*sigh* Fine, Come here little one."

The russet donkey gingerly held out a hoof, ready to pet the skunk..