[Fillydelphia] A Country Field Trip [PM for Invite]

Bumpkin still hung over the edge of the machine and looked at Cheerilee.

[colour=#a52a2a]"Well if'n a foal wants to take mah spot that'd be darn peachy since 'Ah think nah would be the best time for our little talk'n there Cheerilee." [/colour]She said before finding her way down and sliding herself in right next to Cheerilee so that they could have a very quiet talk and not disrupt the foals.

[colour=#a52a2a]"That is if'n you have the time now."[/colour] She spoke slowly and quietly now, a hint of uncertainty in her voice as the words traveled through the air. [colour=#a52a2a]"It will only be a quick talk 'Ah promise."[/colour] She nodded her head and tried to smile but her lips quivered and sent her back to her seemingly normal half-smile as she looked over at the mare standing next to her. Bumpkin swished her tail about, she had never ever had such an urge to talk to somepony and ask them a very certain set of questions but she felt that now was as good of a time as any to do so.

Ruby was hesitant at first about running onto an already moving treadmill. Wasn't that dangerous or something? And her mommy might get mad if she did anything dangerous. Like make apples explode or attempt to put out a fire. Magic is awesome!

Oh, yeah, the treadmill. Hesitant or not, her coltfriend didn't seem to be giving her much choice. At first there was a flailing of limbs as she had to suddenly keep up with the other moving foals, but she got the hang of it! Soon she was running along with the rest of them! For the moment, she even completely forgot what this thing was for! She just thought it was fun! The hornet's ankles, or however the saying went! [colour=#ee82ee]"Hehehe! HAHAHA! This is fun!"[/colour] she squealed to Reno, making sure to stick close, but not too close. Tripping ponies up on the treadmill would probably launch them a fair distance. As funny as that would be to see, it would probably hurt!

Cheerilee felt the worry rising as Apple Bumpkin wanted to talk to her one on one. Cheerilee could only imagine what their gracious host wanted to discuss - Bumpkin was happy to host the foals, teach them about orchard farming, and give free apple juice, but that tree was a real investment and somehow, they had to be compensated. Of course, she’d have to agree, and then explain to Haywire’s guardians why they owed a little far-away farm a couple hundred bits. And failing that – explain to the Mayor why the school had to pay all those bits. And getting “well, unfortunately, as the foal was under your care, we will dock the amount from your salary; sorry but we can’t just afford to give away bits like that,” or something like that. [colour=#800080]Oh Haywire, why do you always have to sneak in firecrackers. Why didn’t I watch her more? Why didn’t I check her bag? [/colour]

Cherrilee tried not to let any of that out, putting a smile on her face - she was sure it didn’t look much better than her flattened, soaked mane, but she needed to look positive! [colour=#800080]“Sure Miss Bumpkin, why don’t we step into another room?”[/colour]

As Cheerilee exited the room she turned her head back, [colour=#800080]“Miss Zecora, could you watch the class for a little bit while I talk to Miss Bumpkin here? It would be only for a moment.”[/colour] She disliked the idea of burdening anypony else, oops, anyone else with supervising her class; especially Zecora, who was an unexpected visitor. But it would only be a couple minutes, and she didn’t want the foals to hear their teacher getting scolded. What could possibly go wrong?

As Bumpkin followed Cheerilee into the side room the thoughts came even heavier in her head and made it almost hard to breathe.

[colour=#a52a2a]"Um....Miss Cheerilee...I um..."[/colour] She was still oh so nervous about it but wanted to at least ask her.

[colour=#a52a2a]"Would you go on a date with me."[/colour] She said and as soon as she finished the thought her eyes went wide and she simply stared at Cheerilee as if the answer would just suddenly sputter out of her mouth.

[colour=#a52a2a]"I mean, that is if you would, please, you are a very fantastic mare and I would love to take you out to dinner with me one day and it can be payment for all of the damages and if it becomes anything more we can go with it ok?"[/colour] Bumpkin was sure now that the teacher pony would say no since she sounded so creepy right now but she kept at it hoping to influence the teacher to accept.

[colour=#a52a2a]"I...I dunno what else ta say to ya other then I think it'd be swell to have a special somepony like you since its so very lonely here on the farm and 'Ah know that you get lonely a lot too down there in Ponyville so 'Ah could come visit you and all of that other stuff." [/colour]Bumpkin now started to grin ear to ear as her thoughts became laid bare before the teacher. She hoped that with reason Cheerilee would at least accept the date and eventually share the same feelings that Bumpkin had for her.

• Like 1

A great burden lifted from Haywire's shoulders. The rust coloured blank flank could now breathe a sigh of relief. At this point, she didn't even care about the punishment. She was getting exactly what she deserved, though the part of the punishment that scared her the most was having that teacher's meeting with her sister Haymaker. Haywire would rather face a dark cave full of monsters than have to confront her big sister when she's angry. And all of THIS will make her VERY upset. Haywire snapped back to her senses when Reno asked her to stomp apples with him.

[colour=#B22222]"Sure Reno! Sounds like a dandy idear!" [/colour]the blonde filly neighed just as Cheerilee began to give out other orders. She then turned towards Reno once more. [colour=#B22222]"Surry Reno, looks like Miss Cheerilee wants me to go sort apples instead. I'll meet up with ya later, ok?"[/colour]

Haywire was just happy to be doing something else to get her mind off of all the antics she pulled today. The rust coloured filly trotted over to where the apples were being sorted and began to work.

Zecorafbanner.jpg

Zecora nodded and smiled at Cheerilee as she asked her to watch the foals "It will be my pleasure" She motioned for the foals to come over to the sorter "Come we will sort together! Make sure the bad ones don't go through, it will make the apple juice bitter, and I don't wish to drink that..do you?" She asked booping Remington on the nose softly, and chuckled, making sure the ripe apples went in, and the bad ones went to feed the pigs, though her mind was only half there since she was also occupied watching the foals to make sure Haywire didn't think it was a good idea to try and speed up the process by exploding the bad apples or something like that!

One fire this trip was bad enough in Zecora's opinion really.. her eyes spotted how fast AppleBloom was making that wheel go and she shook her head "AppleBloom! Do not be so quick! At that speed surly you will make Sweetie Belle sick!" She exclaimed, not wanting the small unicorn to toss her preverbial cookies!

reno-.jpg

He was glad when Ruby joined in, though cringed as AppleBloom sped up, and moved to match her speed despite his teenie legs "I can keep up JUST FINE Applebloom " He said and grinned at her, galloping now... hearing Haywire call out that she was going to sort instead "Okay!" he called over the loud whirl of the wheel "I'll be there!" He did like to do activities with his best friends, and he and Applebloom had such a rocky start he was convinced she really didn't like him.... He hadn't meant to embarass her in front of her family, it had been an accident! Grated an accident that got him his cutie mark, so in a way he really did owe AppleBloom a favour for such a kindness.

AppleBloomATTEMPT3final.png

Reno had spirit. Reno had guts. Reno had gumption. Reno had a nice assortment of perfectly good qualities about him that frankly didn't make Apple Bloom's petty vengeance any easier! What didn't help him at all however were his smallish legs. He was having to gallop his little heart out just to keep up with her. Nice try. Nice speed. Not bad if Apple Bloom had been just a little filly, but Apple Bloom wasn't a little filly. She was a big pony now and she wasn't going to let Reno think otherwise.

[colour=#ff0000]"Good job, Reno! Now yer ready ta go inta second gear!" [/colour]Apple Bloom boomed before starting a very determined gallop. Not too fast, mind you- too fast and they would be sent flying. But faster than before, at what she could only hope was beyond what he could consciously do and instead what his body could respond to at the very most. She'd run until he wanted off, until he begged! Then she'd slow down and they'd drink some apple juice together.

Hopefully everything everywhere else was going perfectly fine and them running like a bunch of mad ponies wasn't going to screw up the juicing process. Nope, it was all a smooth operation!

[colour=#ff0000]"Yeehaw! Havin' fun, Sweetie Belle?!"[/colour]

This was great! She was helping, and she was so happy about it! She poinged forward, knowing that she could bounce as fast as anyone could run, but ... something seemed a little off. She was drifting backwards from the other little foals in the cramped little space, and leaned forward as she tried to poing forward once more. She landed further forward, but drifted back right away as the spin of the wheel carried her away. Then again, and again... and she was drifting further and further back! [colour=#800080]"I'm"[/colour] she panted, [colour=#800080]"doing... great!"[/colour]

Then she drifted too far back, and her poinging brought her chin-first into the wheel ... but this time, instead of just sliding down to the bottom, she found herself pulled back away from her friends! "Eeeeeeeeek!" she cried, as she was swept up the back of the wheel, across the top, down the front, and headed straight for the sturdily running legs of her friends!

Cheerilee turned around as Apple Bumpkin entered the small side room, a cozy space filled with stored apples of seemingly limitless variety. It was private, which is exactly what this discussion about the tree needed. Cheerilee gave a warm smile as she faced the Apple pony, hoping that the conversation would go well enough - Bumpkin seemed to be the very understanding and friendly sort, so this could go well, and ...

Cheerilee’s expression turned from cautiously cheerful to wide eyed shock when Bumpkin finally spoke. Did she just hear what she thought she heard? Did Bumpkin just ... ask her on a date? The orchard pony continued to make her sudden and impromptu case, and Cheerilee couldn't doubt her ears any longer. This was coming at her far too fast, and for a few seconds after Bumpkin finished baring her heart, the purple mare just continued her stunned, wide-eyed silence.

Cheerilee shook her head and quickly regained her composure. She'd certainly had her share of surprise bombshells dropped on her before, but this one was unique. [colour=#800080]“Well, umm ... Miss Bumpkin, uhh, Apple Bumpkin, that was ... unexpected.”[/colour] Cheerilee’s eyes darted from side to side as she put her forehoof to her month, contemplating her next words carefully before she gave a reassuring smile. [colour=#800080]“I’m flattered, of course, and that is very sweet of you, and all...”[/colour] Now these next words were critical. She wasn’t actually turning her down or saying no, [colour=#800080]“just that I don’t think this is the appropriate time to discuss such a thing. Like I said, I am flattered, sort of. Just right now, I am on the job, and when I am on the job, it’s all about the students.”[/colour] Cheerilee pointed back out to the main room where, she hoped, the foals were keeping out of trouble for Miss Zecora. [colour=#800080] “Right now I, we, need to focus on them; afterwards we can talk about what you asked.”[/colour] Cheerilee hated putting off giving an answer; truth was, she was unsure what to think or even what her answer would be. She'd never had a mare ask her out before. Heck, it had been a long time since a stallion had, love poison notwithstanding. She really had to think on this, but her students needed her first.

rembanner.png

[colour=#000000]Remington continued to crush the apples in the vat with his hooves. Snips and Snails were supposed to be helping him, but their presence was lost. Not that Remington would pay them any mind anyway. He was too busy trying obliterate all his hatred in the helpless apple chunks that rested in the tub. The apples served as Remington's rare frustrations, and they were not going to get away. [/colour][colour=#000033]"Come here, you!"[/colour][colour=#000000] Remington dove towards an apple and crushed it, sliding through all of the mess he had just made. Essentially, this was not crushed apples, it was crushed apples with colt pony in it. Any pony who took a drink of this cider would sure take in the ever so faint flavor of Remington's red pelt.

Zecora the zebra batted him on the nose, while instructing him to keep bad apples out of the vat. Of course, this wasn't really his job was it? He didn't care. Bad apple. Good apple. Soon it would be a crushed apple. Remington ran around and around the vat crushing apples in his way before he stopped, thought about clouds randomly for a moment and then fell over asleep in the vat, which was a few inches in depth full of crushed apples. Remington started to snore. And as the crushed apples started to liquefy, the lightness of Remington's body began to float with it, and it move him closer to the drain in the vat which was large enough for a small pony to fit through. How convenient![/colour]

Applejack.pngMadden.pngGranola_Gracie.pngArrow_Plain.pngMiracle.pngRemington.pngSugar_Rush-1.pngCoconut_Lime.png

AppleBumpkin2withtextattmept2.png

Apple Bumpkin nodded her head as Cheerilee talked, she could hear a hint of hesitation in her voice and knew that she had picked most likely the worst time ever to ask her this.

[colour=#a52a2a]" 'Ah, uh...erm... 'Ah just wanted ta let ya'll know so that ya could think on it is all."[/colour] She let her voice trail off as she thought about everything Cheerilee was saying. [colour=#a52a2a]" 'Ah understand that the foals mean a lot to you,but 'Ah just wanted to take a hint of time away to speak my mind before we had to go back and deal with it. 'Ah honestly wasn't wanting a yes or a no right nah but 'Ah more or less just wanted to tell you. 'Ah couldn't keep it ta myself anymore."[/colour] She blushed even more now as she figured she looked like a babbling dolt now.

[colour=#a52a2a]"Well, let us'n go back and see what damage the foals have caused then 'eh?"[/colour] Of course she was joking, she knew that there was only a few of the foals she had to watch out for such as that small rust coloured one, and the one that kept falling asleep. Bumpkin turned and flipped her mane out of her face and slowly trotted back to the door and opened it as she walked back into the main room of the building.

(OOC< sorry delays as per my blog here)

Remington had jumped in full tilt into the hopper ahead of the other foals and looked really energetic for a change.

He turned back to Cheerilee [colour=#daa520]"Uh, yeh, where d'ya want us Miz Ceerilee?"[/colour]

A moment later, she told him and Snips to go to help Remington.

[colour=#daa520]"All right, We're raring to go, Ma'am!"[/colour]

As he climbed up to get in the vat, a big splot of applesauce hit his face and knocked him to the floor.[colour=#daa520] "Mmm Appleiscious!"[/colour]

It took him a minute to lick his face and eyes clean before trying again [colour=#daa520]"Hay, Remington? Can ya slow down a bit? We need ta get in there, eh?"[/colour]

suddenly the stomping stopped and a soft snore amplified to adult size by the tub came out [colour=#daa520]"Oh hes asleep again. Wow! He gets more sleep than Rainbow Dash! Lets get in there before he wakes back up, eh!"[/colour]

With that, Snails jumps in beside Remngton, his legs straddling the drain hole [colour=#daa520]"Watch out Snips! There's a big drain in here!"[/colour]

He noses Remington aside to make room for Snips, not realizing he nudged him to safety for the moment.

Pinchy, of course, wasn't fully aware of the consequences of what would happen if this wheel went too fast. Actually, her grasp of physics was questionable at best. She somewhat believed the only reason they stayed anchored to the ground was because they were adorable.

She started mulling it over in her head. Wheel goes faster, machinery works faster... Faster machinery means still gets processed faster... which means they would get juice faster, and they could make more in a shorter amount of time! Right? Efficiency! Pinchy is such a smart pone.

But, that smart pone had been distracted up until she heard Sweetie Belle's shriek! She looked behind her, making sure to try and keep her balance so she wouldn't run into Reno... The other unicorn filly was gone! "Where'd Sweetie go?" Not long after the question was posed, she likely got her answer. What a charming turn of events for a field trip. Would they get extra credit for discovering this wonderful rule of gravity and inertia? Celestia knows a lot of the students probably need it...

We now return you to our feature presentation: Airborne Fillies of Science!

Haywire began to work on apple sorting, finally starting to feel more at ease about her present situation.

[colour=#B22222]"Well, things can't git no worse," [/colour]the rust coloured filly said outloud until her ears perked up as she heard a familiar voice shouting from a distance.

[colour=#0000CD]"HAYWIRE!!!!"[/colour]

Instantly, the blonde blank flank's heart sank as she realized that it was her big sister Haymaker who was galloping up to the group.

4c6Aws.jpg

The older red maned mare rushed right up to Cheerilee.

[colour=#0000FF]"Saw the smoke from a distance, knew y'all was on a field trip nearby, put two and two together and I know my little sister MUST'VE had something to do with it. What did she do THIS time and how many bits do I owe to pay for her damages?" [/colour]Haymaker said sternly as she began to search the group for her younger sister. [colour=#0000FF]"Where is that little troublemaker, Miss Cheerilee? Believe me, I will see to it that she's punished good fer whatever she did!"[/colour]

Haywire quickly ducked behind one of the apple sorting bins, quaking in fear. There was few things that scared her more than when her big sister was angry.

Zecorafbanner.jpg

Zecora noticed the pony that fell asleep while working "Goodness me! This cannot be" She tsked moving her head down, grabbing the sleeping Remmington by the scruff and gently pulled him out and away from the drain, once he was secure and resting nicely on a sack of burlap sacks...Zecora noticed another problem! The wheel going fast and flying filly projectiles of DOOM!

"AYEI!" She charged over quickly, reaching in with divine speed and managed to snatch Reno by the scruff out of the wheel to slow it down. She dropped him down and watched it spin with the foals all about to smack into each other! "This will not do! I will save you!" Or try anyways! She LEPT into the wheel and dug her hooves in, starting to bring the wheel to a HAULT.

WHERE THE HAY WAS THE TEACHER!?

She sure hoped Bumpkin needed something REALLY REALLY important!

reno-.jpg

Before Reno could comment on either AppleBloom's remark OR Ruby hopping in, he felt a pair of teeth sink into the scruff of his neck as he got snatched off the wheel, he ended up on his back with the roof spinning "Ghnnnyuuhhh" He muttered starting to understand why some ponies might dislike wheels!

Cheerilee was taken aback, feeling awkward, yet flattered as well. Nopony had taken the time to say something like that to her in a long time, and Bumpkin deserved a response. However the foals came first, and it was time to get back to them, so such an answer will have to wait. Cheerilee gave Bumpkin a reassuring smile, [colour=#800080]"well hopefully the students haven't caused too much of a ruckus for Miss Zecora while we were gone."[/colour]

Hopefully…

Cheerilee walked back out into the main room where the juice presser with all its various locomotions stood, [colour=#800080]"Miss Zecora, I hope the class haven't given you too much trou-" [/colour]Cheerilee stopped in mid-sentence as she was greeted by the presser wheel spinning at such a high speed that it was starting to come loose, the foals inside had since lost control. Zecora was already inside trying to slow it down before it broke loose, or equally as bad, have the poor student flying out it in every which way! [colour=#800080]"Hold on guys, I'm coming!!"[/colour]

Cheerilee, not knowing what else to do, jumped right in using her hooves to press against the wheel along side Zecora, hoping that their combined efforts would be enough to stop the wheel. Unfortunately by this time Sweetie Belle and Ruby Pinch had already been carried by the wheel's momentum up and over to where they crashed right into the still running Applebloom. The mass of stunned foals collided with Cheerilee, causing her to fall backwards into Zecora, resulting in the whole lot of them being spun full circle in the slowing wheel one more time until they found themselves laying still at the bottom, eyes and heads spinning. In the case of Cheerilee, she found herself sprawled on top on Zecora, muzzle to muzzle with the zebra. Cheerilee blushed fiercely as she quickly sat up, [colour=#800080]"s-sorry Miss Zecora!" [/colour]

Cheerilee quickly looked around as she took a head count, at least all four of the foals wear there, safe and sound, if not a little dizzy. She started to feel pretty guilty about the whole situation, would this had happened if she hadn't left the room? One thing was for sure, the students needed an adult with them for each part of the machine, the last thing Cheerilee needed was explaining to the Mayor why the school had to pay for a whole broken juice maker. Well at least nothing else seemed out of place.

Just then Cheerilee heard a yell that echoed through the entire farm, causing her to leap up on all fours, eyes wide like saucers. As out of nowhere, Cheerilee then found herself face to face with a ruddy maned mare exclaiming why she was suddenly there. It was Haywire's sister! Cheerilee knew her from all those times she either picked up Haywire from detention, or when had those conferences about her baby sister's scampish behavior. Cheerilee's eyes just darted from side to side in surprise, wondering where Haywire even was. [colour=#800080] "Uhh… Well, it is alright Miss Haymaker, we have everything under control and settled. I don't believe Miss Bumpkin here is requiring any payment for the… accident. Right Miss Bumpkin?"[/colour] Cheerilee gave an awkward smile Bumpkin's way, one of a 'please help me here' variety.

AppleBloomATTEMPT3final.png

Apple Bloom had to admire her smart thinking ways, teaching that Reno a thing or three about tangling with the most physically impressive filly in all of Ponyville. Well, he hadn't really been tangling with her and in all honesty she had picked this one passive-aggressive fight that he was almost assuredy not really aware of. Maybe she should have felt bad about it, maybe she would later, but she was owed something and while an apology from him would have sufficed on the day, the wound had festered and become infected and only could be cut out after she had received the power to do so. And frankly, revenge was the easiest way to get that power at this stage in the race.

So she felt just fine as she took a quick glance over at Reno, but fortune didn't favour her and karma was ready and rarring to pay her back for this wholly unkind gesture. Just as she turned away, the wheel became trip-central as Sweetie and Pinch tumbled end over end. Apple Bloom didn't even see which one stole her legs out from under her but in a flashing instant, she was spinning in circles and circles and circles of chaos. Hooves, flanks, horns, bows, and other deadly weapons mingled in nicely with mane and fur as Apple Bloom tried to let out a gasp and a yell before consuming Pinchy's hoof full-on. Mouth full of hoof, little else could be realized by the spinning filly. It was all moving too fast and she was getting bonked around too much for any sense to pierce her.

Then more weight was added and bigger hooves tapped her on the head. More spinning and chaos before the wheel stopped, the mess of ponies tangled up like some sick experiment gone terribly wrong. Apple Bloom, by custom, was at the bottom of the pile. Instead of Pinchy's hoof in her mouth, her face was smashed up against the bottom, tiny slivers of wood tickling her nose hairs. Only extreme effort held back deep sneezes which had literally nowhere to go, the filly spread out and unable to even make a move with the others on top.

Yep, this was all her fault, but if Reno hadn't been such a show-off all those months ago, then by golly this wouldn't have happened. So, just as with everything else that went wrong that couldn't be pinned on Haywire, it was obviously Reno's fault. Dumb colt.

Apple Bumpkin stepped back out into the barn and looked about at all the foals in what seemed to be a hilarity of controlled chaos. Her eye began to twitch as she saw a few of the ponies flying round and round on the treadmill causing her to panic, if any of these foals got hurt it would be her problem to deal with. She trotted quickly over to the pile of ponies and attempted to separate them.

[colour=#a52a2a]" 'Ah hope that ya'll are ok?"[/colour] Apple Bumpkin let out a sigh when she found out that Apple Bloom was on the bottom of the pile.

[colour=#a52a2a]"Now Apple Bloom what in tha world are ya'll doin on the floor, let alone under all these foals."[/colour] She giggled to herself as she stood all of the foals up and brushed a quick hoof through their manes before she turned her attention to the more pressing matter of task, the whole machine had been going good for a little bit but then as soon as Bumpkin and Cheerilee left the thing seemed to halt to a standstill, she surely wasn't getting her dinner date now. She found her way up to the top of the machine where she would supervise the smashing of the apples, so far they seemed to be doing good without her help but she still felt that it was needed to have an adult at all three of the stations. Bumpkin then turned when she heard her name and focused on Cheerilee who seemed to be talking to a new pony, a parent perhaps.

[colour=#a52a2a]"No Miss Cheerilee,"[/colour] Bumpkin began to blush slightly. [colour=#a52a2a]"No recompense is needed."[/colour] She felt smart for using a big word like recompense and she just hoped that would at least score her a smile or something.

Snips had finally managed to struggle back to his hooves just as the others got the fire out. He shook himself out, then stood there shivering for a moment as Miss Cheerilee struggled to get things under control. He was cold, he was wet, and he was exhausted... but at least he wasn't bored anymore...

Just when things finally seemed to be calming down, there was a crack of thunder, and it started raining! The water he'd just managed to shake off was replaced almost instantly. Snips shot a look up to the offending clouds and shouted "Aw, Come on!!!" He just couldn't seem to catch a break today.

Cheerilee and Zecora were herding the foals towards a shed. While most of the ponies were running to get out of the rain, Snips trailed along more slowly. It wasn't like he could get any wetter... A shock of his orange mane had drooped over his face before he finally made it to the shelter of the juicing shed. By the time he finished shaking again, the juicing was already well underway. He made his way over to Snails, and heard Cheerilee ask them to join Remington in the apple vat. "That.. that doesn't sound so bad!" Snips said, brightening a bit. Maybe this could be fun after all!

Climbing into the vat with the other two colts, Snips watched as Remington decimated several apples, then suddenly dropped into sleep again. He was getting used to the pegasus' quirk now, but he still rolled his eyes.His breath caught when he noticed Remington's unconscious form began to slide toward the drain in the center of the vat. Snails had bumped the colt away for a moment, but Remington was still heading for the hole. Snips tried to reach out with his magic and grab the pegasus, but nothing happened. Rushing forward, he grabbed the red colt's tail in his teeth. "Shnails!" he shouted though his teeth, "Gif me uh hoof!!"

Sweetie Belle groaned a little bit, the world still spinning around her ... or at least, some big rear end that was spinning on top of her. She felt crushed at the bottom of this pile, and wriggled to try to get free, and her muzzle nuzzled up into Apple Bloom's with a little *smek*.

Then Apple Bumpkin was pulling them out of the pile, and brushing them off, though Sweetie Belle still staggered around dizzily... her little hooves stagger-stepping over the floor as she turned around in a full circle and then fell onto her tail. Yes, sitting here till the juicing shack came to a full and complete stop would be a wonderful idea.

[colour=#800080]"What happened?"[/colour] she asked wanly.
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Timid nodded and trotted over to the sorting belt. It seemed to be a better alternative to running in the wheel or crushing the apples in the vat. That sort of labor would have him worn out in no time flat and Cheerilee would like as not be carrying him away from the field trip like Latte did at the Wrap Up. "Okay, Miss Cheerilee! I'll get started right away!", he shouted after her with a wide smile as she stepped out of the room with Apple Bumpkin.

He looked at Zecora and smiled shyly as she called for them to sort with her. The sorting was easy, pushing off the belt apples with bruises and ones that were too soft or wormy. "This is easy! I like sorting!", he exclaimed gaily, until the belt started to move so rapidly that he couldn't move fast enough to remove all the bad apples with just his hooves. "Hay! What is going on he-", he began to shout as he looked up and saw the events with the foals in the wheel play out. He shrunk back as he looked on in mixed horror and mirth. Even Zecora and Cheerilee got mixed up in the pile of foals that had been operating the wheel as a shout echoed across the farm. Timid shot up into the air, startled by the sudden noise, as the belt ground to a halt as well.

Shivering, he backed away from the belt without checking his surroundings and fell into the vat! "Aaaaah!", he yelled as he fell and landed on Remington and Snips with a small grunt of pain. He then rolled off and into the mix of apples with a splash, stunned by the impact.

Apple Bumpkin looked on it a hint of horror as she saw Remington, Snips, and Snails all heading towards the center of the vat. Surely they knew that was where the drain was. Bumpkin quickly made her way up there and with the help of Snips pulled Remington out of the vat, a little too forceful she ended up pulling the other two ponies out with her as even her herself fell out of the vat. Landing smack dab on Cheerilee, their muzzles very close. Bumpkin closed her eyes as she braced for impact but having landed on something soft other then the ground she gasped and opened her eyes, blush streaking everywhere and her eyes widening as she just laid there not knowing what to do.

[colour=#a52a2a]" 'Ah hope all them foals are safe, is anypony hurt?"[/colour] She muttered from her position atop Cheerilee. [colour=#a52a2a]" 'Ah can go get the med kit should anypony have some scrapes or bruises."[/colour] She wanted to make sure that Cheerilee herself didn't have to care for the foals as much hoping that it would lighten her load as a teacher and get her to relax a bit.

[colour=#0000ff]"I thank you, Miss Bumpkin, for your kindness," [/colour]Haymaker said with a polite nod. [colour=#0000ff]"But still, I'm goin' punish that filly fer all the trouble she.."[/colour]

Haymaker stopped talking when some airborne foals toppled Cheerilee and Apple Bumpkin. The face of the lanky red maned mare suddenly went into rage.

[colour=#0000ff]"I'LL BET HAYWIRE HAD SOMETHIN' TA DO WITH THIS TOO! JIST WAIT'LL I GIT MY HOOVES ON HER!"[/colour]

[colour=#b22222]"I didn't do it!" [/colour]Haywire shouted as she came out into the open. [colour=#b22222]"I was over here the whole time and.."[/colour]

[colour=#0000ff]"AH HA!!!" [/colour]Haymaker triumphantly roared. [colour=#0000ff]"You're in BIG trouble, little filly!"[/colour]

[colour=#b22222]"Kin ya yell at me later, sis? Right now we got injured ponies ta look after!" [/colour]the rust coloured filly neighed, grabbing a nearby First Aid kit as she galloped over to help her fallen friends.

[colour=#0000ff]"Reckon ya gotta point thar," [/colour]Haymaker said as she directed her attention to the pile of ponies in front of her. [colour=#0000ff]"Cheerilee, Apple Bumpkin, do any of y'all need medical attention?"[/colour]

Cherrilee felt relieved that Apple Bumpkin reiterated she wasn’t going to require any payment for the damaged tree. It was a good thing the farmer pony’s cousin hadn’t returned; Carmel appeared to be far more concerned with any possible financial setback to Tiny Apple Valley and may have demanded payment. The last thing Cheerilee needed was another dock in her pay for damages caused during a class field trip; even one was too many. [colour=#800080]“Thank you for your kindness Miss Bumpkin, er, Apple Bumpkin.”[/colour] Given how the field trip had gone so far, being more informal towards the apple farmer felt appropriate.

Cheerilee turned back to the concerned sister of Haywire and smiled,[colour=#800080] “I assure you that Miss Haywire will have plenty of time to think about why we don’t allow either slingshots or firecrackers on field trips or school grounds when she stays after school all of next week and helps clean, and while she spends the next few weekend learning responsibility while she helps out at Sweet Apple.” [/colour]Hopefully that would calm Haywire’s fiery sister. [colour=#800080] “Oh, and If it wouldn’t be too much to ask Miss Haymaker, we can have another *sigh* conference about what we can do to find a more productive outlet for Haywire’s energy.”[/colour] Maybe this time the family-teacher conference will work in helping Haywire not be such a little mischievous foal, still this would be what, the fourth one this year?

Before she inquire further, Cheerilee’s attention was suddenly turned by a plea for help by one of her students in the juice making vat. She gave a quick awkward smile to Haymaker and turned to gallop to the vat, but before the school teacher could adequately respond, Bumpkin was already climbing in. Cheerilee was relieved, that is until the farmer mare suddenly came crashing back down right into her with Snips and Remington in tow!

Cheerilee was knocked back from the impact, her head swirling in a haze from colliding with the wooden floor. Twice now she had ended up in a pile of ponies, a record even for her field trips. She just laid there in a woozy daze for a few seconds, [colour=#800080]personal time off, when this is all over I am definitely going to request personal time off; perhaps the Gallopagous Islands, I could use a week, nay a couple weeks, on a beach. [/colour]That was certainly a pleasant though, but first thing first, the foals, were they alright?

Cheerilee shook and lifted her head as she rubbed the side of it, [colour=#800080]“uhh..students, what-“[/colour] . Before the schoolmare could finish her sentence, she found her muzzle pressed up against Bumpkin’s. Cheerilee just blushed fiercely, twice in one day she found herself inadvertently in inappropriate situations, in front of the class no less!

Fortunately Bumpkin sat up, even if she didn’t move from atop the now thoroughly embarrassed teacher, at least she, as well as Haywire, were thinking about making sure everypony was alright; an injured student was the last thing poor Cheerilee needed. [colour=#800080]“I’m alright Haywire, thank you though, and Miss Bumpkin, may I get up now please?”[/colour]

She really did need that vacation.

Snips tried to brace his hooves against the shifting pile of apples, but couldn't get any footing. He and Remington were inevitably sliding toward the hole in the center... The colt started to panic, flailing his hooves and willing his magic to do ANYTHING to help him out of this. Just then, he felt somepony's teeth grab onto his tail. He couldn't turn his head to see if Snails had responded, but at the sudden tug, he finally felt his horn spark. He suddenly found himself flying backwards, his teeth still clinched around the tail of the unconscious pegasus.

Snips impacted something on the ground. He couldn't focus for a moment, having had all the wind knocked out of him. Whatever he'd landed on, it was a lot softer than the floor of the shed should have been. He shook his head, trying to get his bearings. He was lying on something magenta, or, rather, some pony, and he could just make out 3 smiling daisies...

Scrambling to the floor, Snips turned and saw the prone form of his teacher on the ground. "Ohmygosh! Miss Cheerilee are you ok?" he asked the mare, trying to hide a blush that was staining his cheeks. "Where's Remington?"