[Fillydelphia] A Country Field Trip [PM for Invite]

AppleBumpkin2withtextattmept2.png

Apple Bumpkin grinned largely as all of the ponies sat down with their apple juice and apple pie. Listening to all of the foals give out what they had learned that day was a blessing in and of itself, hearing everything from that Apple Bloom knew everything all the way to Snips saying he never wanted to come back to a farm ever again. Bumpkin took a step forward and cleared her throat.

[colour=#a52a2a]"Well thank all of you Fillies and Colts for coming today on this field trip! What I learned today is that putting together a field trip takes a lot of time and effort, planning events and things to keep the students engaged and entertained at all times is really hard and tiring. All I can say is that I am glad that you were all able to come to Tiny Apple Valley! Before you all go make sure to take a small bottle of the apple juice with you for the trip home!"[/colour] Bumpkin giggled and flourished as she presented a cart loaded full of the small bottles that was clearly for the market but Bumpkin was convinced that her sister Caramel Apple wouldn't mind a few bottles going to the foals instead of converting every last one into profit.

[colour=#a52a2a]"Now I think Cheerilee wanted to say something before you all get ready to leave. For some reason I think like saying that we'll be doing this again sometime soon."[/colour] Bumpkin trailed off as she giggled again and took her seat back next to Zecora and Cheerilee. it was now Cheerilee's turn to give the closing discussion.

Foals typically found having to speak in front of class annoying, but Cheerilee always felt it was important that every student learned something every day, even if things didn't go as planned; and really, when did they ever? So it was no surprise the answers she got were as diverse as her class, ranging from boastful to disheartening to endearingly sweet, with a few strange responses that didn't quite make any sense mixed in for good measure. None though surprised her, not even the bizarre ones, in fact she actually expected it.

One response from the class though did worry her, and that was little Reno's reply about "some ponies are just acting nice but in reality don't like you at all". There were only two ways to read into that statement, either he was being bullied, or he was being shunned, in either case it was a problem. Cheerlee wasn't going to inquire right then, it would only serve to put the poor foal on the spot and possible worsen his situation with his peers. Instead she made a mental note to find out what was wrong later, discretely.

Still, all in all it was a good day despite all the insanity. [colour=#800080] "Well class it looks like we all learned a lot today and some of it was even on how orchards worked!” [/colour] Cheerilee laughed, “[colour=#800080] I am afraid though it is time to head back to the train station, we don't want to be late, since I am sure you all are eager to get back home for the weekend!" [/colour]The timing couldn't be better, after the events of today, she needed the time off, but there was one more reminder before they headed out, [colour=#800080]"Oh and don't forget, you all need to do your report on farms and have it ready by the next school day!"[/colour]

So many collective groans, but learning didn't stop for weekends!

As she observed the students gathering to file out, Cheerilee contemplated how to best thank Zecora for her help. She wanted to be culturally sensitive, but how? She knew so little about zebra customs, in fact the only real clue she had was that surprise kiss Zecora gave her earlier. It sure seemed a bit intimate but such friendly, close gestures must be normal for zebras. otherwise why would have Zecora done it?

“Miss Zecora, if you like, you can travel back with us of course; I'll be happy to spot you a ticket, it is the least I can do for your help bringing in Reno and helping chaperon the class.” Cheerilee smiled brightly if not a little awkwardly as she approached the zebra mare, [colour=#800080]C'mon Cheerilee, this isn't difficult and it would show her you appreciate her in her own traditon, just do it. [/colour] With a blush, Cheerilee leaned forward and kissed Zecora on the cheek, [colour=#800080]“thank you”.[/colour]

That just left their cordial host. Sure there was some awkward, and completely unexpected, moments involving Apple Bumpkin, but she meant well. Truth was Cheerilee was pretty flattered that somepony would come right out and tell her how they thought she was beautiful and all. Granted it was strange but the Apple mare's heart was in the right place.

[colour=#800080]“Well Miss Bumpkin, thank you once again for hosting us, and I personally appreciate you being so understanding about the tree and all; hope we didn't cause your cousin too much stress.” [/colour] Cheerilee gave an awkward but sincere smile, [colour=#800080]“Hopefully we can arrange a trip to you farm again next year, and well... Perhaps you and I can get together sometime soon in Ponyville and chat about stuff over coffee, get to know each other better.”[/colour] There, that sounded both personal and professional, at least Cheerilee hoped it did.

[colour=#800080]“Alright class, let's head out now, and don't forget to thank Miss Bumpkin on your way out! Let's head back to Ponyville!”[/colour]

The RP is complete as far having to post, however if anyone has anything they want to wrap up or post, go ahead! And thank you for participating in another great school thread! :)

• Like 1