[Fillydelphia] A Country Field Trip [PM for Invite]

"Yeah, right you are, Snails," Haywire whispered back as she followed the others to the bush. The rust colored filly hadn't meant to make her taller classmate blush, but she was SO grateful for helping her out in this delicate situation. Haywire gasped when she saw the creature that her wayward rock had harmed....

A white rabbit who was now lying on his side. The hare was still breathing, but had a noticable lump on his head.

"Oh my gosh, oh my gosh, oh my gosh, oh my gosh, oh my gosh, oh my gosh," the blonde filly rambled in a hushed tone. "What are we gonna do now? Can't jist leave the poor critter here like this. Maybe he's jist a little stunned and ain't hurt that much."

Cheerilee listened intently as Caramel gave out her technical explanation of the workings of the farm, its produce, and its finance. It all sounded much more like a business and less like a farm, to Cheerilee, but she was glad to get to learn something she hadn’t known before! She wondered how much the foals were really paying attention to Caramel’s explanation, with the baby chicks now on the loose. “Well class, wasn’t that interesting? Now we know all about how the farm works with its sister farms to bring produce to Equestria!” Cheerilee gave a big, warm smile, but it was quickly apparent to her that the chicks had already won the battle for her foals’ attention. Ah well, at least they were learning!

She checked over her shoulder again to make sure Reno was OK – he’d been lagging behind, but Cheerilee hadn’t wanted to embarrass him in front of the class by pointing it out. She was surprised to see not just his small form, but the larger, striped form of Zecora coming closer! Cheerilee felt a pang of guilt, as she often did upon seeing the zebra, remembering her previous ignorance. She’d tried to make up for it in the meantime by getting several books from Twilight’s library to study, so she now knew far more about the Uyansi, their culture and homeland, but even so the books were a bit sparse. Cheerilee was confused why the zebra was here, until she saw little Reno hop down.

Cheerilee gave Reno a friendly rub on his mane. “Well, I am glad you were able to join us! We’re about to feed the baby chicks, why don’t you take a cup? They’re very friendly, and quite hungry!” Then she looked back up to Zecora, thinking for a moment about what she’d read about ‘rhyming respect’ in her books. “Um … thank you for bringing my lost foal, and … if you stayed, it would be … coo-al… I’m sure Miss Bumpkin and Caramel wouldn’t mind … if … um … you also wouldn’t mind?” She groaned inwardly. That was horrible! Rhyming on the fly was *hard*! But it was also her best chance to really learn more about Uyansian culture, and making up for past unkindnesses. And the idea of learning more about exotic, distant places excited her!

Cheerilee was distracted when an explosion of feed and dust flew all over her from the destroyed bag, covering her in yellowish-brown feed with the exception of her now widened, blinking eyes. “Oh Celestia, Timid!!” She was about to bolt after the foal but she quickly looked down to mind her steps – the explosion of feed had laid a carpet of baby chicks around her hooves, surrounding her in a swarm of small yellow feathery balls of hunger.

- POSTING CYCLE RULES: You may post once 4 other characters have posted.

- Please do not post more than once a day, and try to post once every few days to allow others a chance to write in.

- Please remind users kindly to reply promptly if they need to, and let them in on any story developments you would like them to know about. We have the PM group and the OOC thread for planning.

- If you have more than one character, please post both of them at the same time in the same post.

Little Ruby Pinch had gotten so excited when they had arrived that she didn't notice her class had mostly moved up to the front of the group, leaving her behind with a bunch of foals she didn't even know! Oh no!

Well... It wasn't all bad. She could make new friends if she wanted to. But it seems like everypony was doing something interesting up at the front, and she heard something about chicks. Too much chatter! She couldn't hear Apple Bumpkin at all, though she did hear Miss Cheerilee say they needed to behave. Even though this farm was smaller than Sweet Apple Acres, it still seemed really neat! And it was a brand new place to explore! She wondered if the vineyard counted as a farm...? They grow grapes... But maybe she could ask Apple Bumpkin later.

So she tried to make her way to the front of the group, moving like a little snake through the crowd, though once in awhile she did bump into somepony. No time to apologize! A field trip was afoot.... er ahoof! By the time she made it to ponies she recognized, it seems everypony was getting ready to feed chicks! But even more interesting! "Hi Reno!" she had to greet him first and foremost of course! "Hi Remington! Hi Snails!" It was like she hadn't seen them in days! Even though it had only been a few minutes. But then she noticed another colt being chased by chicks... Being covered in feed probably didn't help. She thought it was silly, but thought laughing might hurt his feelings.

She stay put for now. Maybe she'd catch on to something interesting somepony else was doing?

rembanner.png

Remington fought to stay awake until he finally shook himself fully awake and alert. "Hay, guys, wait for me!" Remington was tagging behind Snip, Snails, and Haywire, following them with whatever they were doing. Remington was definitely the social type. And since he didn't know most of the other foals here very much, he was hoping he could get introduced quicker by being part of whatever was happening. Remington heard Ruby squeak a greeting. "Hi, Ruby!" Remington liked Ruby. She seemed like a very nice little filly who wasn't shy at all and just wanted to have fun. It would have matched Rem's lifestyle perfectly if he had been a narcoleptic pony.

Remington spotted the chick who was named Sleepy. He thought that was a such a good name for a baby chick. He was sure they lots in common. As he walked up to Apple Bumpkin, Remington saw what happened to Timid and ran up to help. But as he approached the pile of pony and chicken feed, he collapsed while running and slid into the pile of chicken feed with Timid. Remington fell asleep.

Applejack.pngMadden.pngGranola_Gracie.pngArrow_Plain.pngMiracle.pngRemington.pngSugar_Rush-1.pngCoconut_Lime.png

Sweetie Belle pranced eagerly in place as Bumpkin gave them instructions for feeding the chicks, and moved to the sack to get her half-cup of feed, eager to see if she could do it as well as that! She hopped her lil' front hooves up onto the sack, and dipped the scoop into the feed carefully ... and then felt the sack start to shift under her. Oh no! It was tipping over under her weight! Oh, oh no, it was going to be another mess!

Hurriedly, she zipped around to the other side, and tried to push it upright, and succeeded... but then it started to tip over in the other direction! Back and forth, back and forth, she raced to keep the sack upright ... and finally, finally succeeded. She let out a sigh of relief...

And then Timid ran right through her feed sack, bursting it open and scattering its feed everywhere. A cloud of chicken feed blew over her, leaving her blinking out through a brown coating, before a blur of movement left the little filly covered in a solid yellow fluffy layer of baby chicks. "oh, COME ON!" she cried in exasperation!

Zecorafbanner.jpg

Zecora was touched by Cheerilee's genuine attempt to try and greet her in her manner, the problem was that the poor Teacher wasn't quite at Zecora's level at like..all... The Zebra tried to keep a straight face but was unable to! Lifting her bangled hoof up she placed it in the Maroon colored Pony's' shoulder.

"Sweet Cherilee How Nice can you be! But from now... lets leave the Rhyming to me" She said and snickered "I can see you are trying but your stress also seems to be multiplying " And she didn't want to stress out a teacher whom had so many little ones that needed her attention "If My presence you do not mind, This trip will be great to unwind" The farm was beautiful save for the baby chicks terrorizing the foals!

reno-.jpg

Reno turned a light shade of pink as the teacher mussed his mane and handed him the cup of chicken feed, he was about to School these ponies on the proper method of baby chick feeding when a familiar voice seemed to speak up to him, he glanced over his shoulder and his face went pinker than before! "H..i Pinchy!" Pinchy was a filly that Reno had a huge crush on, in fact he had given her a Hearts and Hooves day card and she had accepted it.

Walking over to her he wanted to act all smooth, though there was the sound of Sweetie being brutally swarmed by Chicks...He snickered at that .

"Is your cutie mark for chicken rangling ?"

(OOC: oops, the post I was working on yesterday must've got blanked by me when I fell asleep at the keyboard from the medicine for my ankle. redoing...)

Snails looked at the poor bunny in shock, dropping the cup of feed.

The orange foal shifted his magic to pick up the bunny, his magic working a little better in desperation.

He wheeled about and ran toward Cherilee and Zecora. Tears ran down his cheeks as he yelled "Miz Cherilee! Miz Cherilee! Help! This bunny's been hurt!"

Snails stopped short as Timid ran by with a flock of chicks chasing him, and ended up near Remington. He set the bunny down on the now-empty feedsack and sat down beside it, careful not to let the bump on it's head touch anything.

He hoped somepony would brush the feed off Timid before he runs into somepony...

Haywire followed closely behind Snails. She was very grateful for the lanky unicorn's lead during this crisis. Normally, Haywire would be laughing her head off at antics like Timid's, but she was in no laughing mood at the moment. The rust colored filly was also crying as she approached.

"Please, somepony, ANYPONY, help this poor bunny!" she cried. It was then she spotted Zecora. The blonde filly had heard of her mastery of healing potions and natural remedies. She truly hoped there was something the zebra could do to help.

AppleBumpkin2withtextattmept2.png

Apple Bumpkin looked over just in time to see the bunny being put on the empty feed bag. Things were happening so fast here it was hard for Bumpkin to know what to do first, save Cheerilee from the torrent of chicks, save the foal who passed out and slid on the ground, chase after the foal who ran through the feed bag, or help the bunny. The answer came quickly enough when she rushed over to the bunny and began to inspect it. After giving it the good 'Apple Family once over' she gave the significant medical status of: Not bad at all.

"The bunny is gunna be fine ya'll, just hit its head is t'all." She rubbed the poor bunnies head and then stood back up. " 'Ah'll just put him over here in the shade fer now." She slowly picked up the bunny and dragged the feed bag over with her to the shade of the tree and set the poor bunny back on it. He was dizzy and in a touch of pain, but it would be just fine after the initial sting of the hit wore off. She then turned to Cheerilee, a swarm of chicks all about her. With a decisive stomp all of the chicks stopped what they were doing and fell silent.

"Chicks, here, now." Was all she had to say before they all swarmed over to her and looked on in wonder at Apple Bumpkin. Sleepy was still sitting on Sweetie Belle's head but then again he didn't ever care what Apple Bumpkin wanted him to do. Bumpkin looked back over to Cheerilee and brushed some of the feed off of her. The chicks followed behind Apple Bumpkin as if she was their mother. She began to trot in the direction that the young foal who's name she didn't catch ran off in, but it wouldn't be that hard to find them considering the farm was a very straight forward design.

"Sorry bout all this Cheerilee, 'Ah'll go find yer missin foal." She said as she started moving faster and faster the chicks trying to keep up with her but eventually just giving up and waiting where they lost sight of Bumpkin. She looked about for the small foal, and only saw a swarm of chicks chasing a giant pile of feed that seemed to be moving in circles now. She bolted over to the foal and brushed the feed off of them. Once she did the chicks stopped chasing the foal and went back to just eating the pile of feed on the ground. She looked at Timid and wondered if they knew they were safe now. With a giggle she spoke softly to the foal.

"Well, ya'll look right and proper now, mind as well stop yer runnin and come with me back to Cheerilee. Ya got her all worried ya know." She said as she sat down next to the chicks.

Cheerilee looked on distraught as the pleasant beginning of the field trip quickly fell apart around her. This had to be a new record for how quickly things could go out of control during a field trip; not a record she was remotely keen on breaking. Looking back and forth she could see nothing but pure havoc before her, foals crying over an injured bunny, foals covered in chicken feed, with one running in panic and another who manage to someone fall asleep in a pile of the feed. She wanted to run right over and try to resolve the situation, but the bouncing frenzy of baby chickens surrounding her in a chaos of chirping kept her from moving - she didn’t want to accidentally step on one, that would just make things a thousand times worse!

But just as suddenly as the chicks had gone into absolute anarchy, they equally suddenly fell into line on Apple Bumpkin’s command. Cheerilee sighed a bit of relief, “I should be the one apologizing, the class is my responsibility and we already managed to make a mess of things. I am sure we can make it up to you by cleaning this mess.” Not that there was really that much of a mess except for the dust and the torn bag – the chicks had already picked clean the rest of the seed. “Thank you for going after Timid, I hope he hasn’t gone far. Please be gentle, he is a bit skittish.”

Cheerilee was just as curious about the injured rabbit, mainly on how the poor critter managed to get that bump on its noggin’. “Umm, Sweetie Belle, Applebloom, could you two make sure Remington is alright there; I believe he is just sleeping but help him off the pile please.” Cheerilee came up to the still stunned bunny and looked closely - it had a terrible bump on its head, as if it’d gotten hit by something. Unfortunately she didn’t know anything about the care of wild animals. “Miss Zecora- “ She paused, torn between her desire to be polite and … be polite. To rhyme or to accede to Zecora’s request? She decided to just be herself. “Could you please take a look at the bunny? If I’ve heard correctly, a few ponies have been praising your skill at this sort of thing.”

Looking at the small assemblage of terrified-looking foals, she considered a stern look – she suspected they had done something wrong. Foals were rarely this terrified when they’d done the right thing, after all … but she didn’t want to discourage them from coming to the authority when things went sour, so she moderated her stern look just a little to a look of concern. “Now, tell me how you found the bunny there. Every detail could be very important for making sure we treat the poor dear properly – we need to know how he got hurt.”

Zecorafbanner.jpg

Zecora smiled glad to see Cheerilee become herself and not try to rhyme since she could tell it made the teacher uncomfortable; the sight of the injured bunny however was a problem and it made the Zebra frown softly as she walked over picking the battered bunny up with her hoof to inspect the nasty welt on it's head "The injury is not severe, however I have just the thing for this little dear" She said glancing at Cheerilee with another kind smile as she sat the bunny down, lifting the top off her saddle bag and took out a bottle of sparkly orange liquid.

Using her mouth she uncorked the bottle and gently tipped it so that it splashed in the bunny's open mouth, the swelling instantly starting to go down. "There it only takes a drop to make the nasty swelling stop! The rabbit shall be okay, but you children should never treat an animal this way!" Zecora glanced at the guilty looking foals and frowned snorting lightly "Now Come now children and please speak the truth, or I am sure your teacher has a punishment very fitting for you youth..."

reno-.jpg

Reno frowned at the sight of the injured bunny but was glad the swelling was going down, while the bunny rested he moved to sit down by it and nuzzle it's head with his nose gently "It's okay little bunny I'll take care of you.." He said as he nestled into the feedbag glancing at Miss Cheerilee "Miss Cheerilee may I spend time with the bunny till he feels better? Ah'd really like to see the farm but the bunny needs someone watching him..."

As much as Reno hated to give up time with other foals, especially Pinchy since he had a really big crush on her and had given her a card for Hearts and Hooves day...

Timid, in his blind panic, was oblivious to the fact that he was running in circles. The only thing he could think about were all the chicks chasing after him in their shared hunger for the feed he was covered in. He began to question his reasons for entering the exchange program after this disastrous start to a simple field trip!

Suddenly, he felt a hoof brush the feed off of him and the chicks ceased their pursuit of him. Looking back, he could see the chicks had swarmed and were eating the feed on the ground! Turning back around, he saw Apple Bumpkin sitting next to the chicks that were eating the feed and replied to her statement, "Okay, I'll come back. I'm sorry for the mess I made and for running off. I was surprised by somepony climbing on top of me, and...", he trailed off. The rest of the story was easy to figure out with the ruined bag and trail of feed left behind him. He gave a faint smile as he said, "I guess my parents named me properly, considering how timid I can be. I'm Timid Star and my dad is a shepherd in the Gallopacus. I hope you can forgive the chaos, Ms. Bumpkin."

(OOC; while I would like to touch base with Mojo about this before I respond since its Haywire that's going to get in trouble, I think I can answer in a way to keep the ball rolling until he comes back sometime friday)

Snails Watched in relief as Zecora came trotting over to help, then Cheerilee asked the foals point blank what did this to the bunny, making it clear any fibbing might endanger the bunny's health.

Snails scuffed a hoof and made sure he kept an eye on the poor bunny as a reminder to tell the truth. "Um well, ah was watching Apple Bumpkin explain about th' chicks, an wonderin' what kind a' strange bugs they have roun' here. Suddenly somethin' flew over me an' Snips, and made a clacking sound on the tree. I saw a rock drop inta th' bush an' there was a yelp..."

Snails wanted to tell about the slingshot, but he only only a glimpse of it so he couldnt' be sure it was one, and Haywire would be mad at him too. but, there was the bunny, right there...

He continued, telling more than he wanted to, hoping Haywire would tell the full truth. "Haywire came up from over there.." He pointed where she had been. "..when ah' suggested seeing what the yelp was, an' she agreed it was a great idea. Thet's when we found th' bunny."

Haywire couldn't stand it anymore. The guilt of what she had done was consuming her so the rust colored filly stepped forward.

"It was me, I done this horrible thing!" the blonde sad looking foal confessed. "I was playin' with my slingshot, and my rock bounced off a few trees and then... hit that poor bunny. It was an accident, but I'm the one that dunnit. Reckon I'm gonna git punished, and I got it comin' to me, but I already feel lower than a snake's belly button."

More tears began to fall as Haywire bowed her head low. She'd pulled pranks and stunts in the past, but never had any of her tricks harmed any creature, until now.

rembanner.png

Remington saw himself on a beach, sand everywhere. Ponies were playing everywhere. Everypony seemed to be having fun. And then suddenly, out in the ocean, and tidal wave of chicken feed came crashing through the banks and shores, washing everypony and everything away. Remington began getting washed away by the tsunami as he struggled to swims against the feed's current. Ponies were everywhere. Hanging on light polls, scaling the sides of buildings. Ponies were trying to survive. Until suddenly it stopped.

Remington looked over his shoulder and saw a giant female foal pony shout loud in a deep slow-toned voice. "Oh, come on!"

http://soundcloud.com/riverhippo/sweetiebellecomeonslow

Remington started to hear several pony voices around him, and his world began to spin. Around and around, he could not make out who was talking, where they were, or where he was. Suddenly, his world stopped spinning and he found himself in a pony court room. Miss Cheerilee was sitting at the judges stand, wearing a long white curly wig. She slams a gavel down, putting order to a court filled with loud ponies. In the plaintiff table was a bunny, sitting innocently, and was quite oblivious to what was going on freely. Sitting in the defendants table was a nervous-looking red pony named Haywire. Haywire admited fault in the courtroom, and everypony gasped wearing formal attire. As Judge Cheerrilee began talking again, Remington found his legs being lifted up a hen, and by an uknown force surrounded him like a pen. And his legs started feeling like they were being pulled. His body began to feel seperated and ackwardness began to feel full. And for all the things Celestia in time. Why in the world was Remington dreaming in rhyme!?

Applejack.pngMadden.pngGranola_Gracie.pngArrow_Plain.pngMiracle.pngRemington.pngSugar_Rush-1.pngCoconut_Lime.png

Cheerilee was certainly glad that Zecora was there to help the small wild critter. As much as the schoolteacher would loved to give tender loving care to the bunny, she had no veterinary skills at all, just knowledge of basic first aid that all teachers are required to know. Not that she lacked experience with that - the students seemed to seek out new ways to hurt themselves, sometimes. "Wow Zecora, that medicine is amazing! Did you learn this in the Everfree Forest, or back in your homeland? Did you make that yourself?" Cheerilee couldn't help herself - even if it didn't seem like the right moment, she was just driven by that curiosity about exotic cultures and people, and the need to learn.

But she had her responsibilities that often interrupted what she wanted - not that she resented them. But a life dedicated to foals was a life dedicated to interruptions. "Well, Snails, it is dangerous to go poking around in strange bushes, you never knew what kind of critter may be hiding in there. Scared animals will defend themselves ... and you would be surprised how much even a bunny can hurt you. Still, I am glad you all found him. Who knows what would have happened to the little fella without you!" She ruffled Snails' mane, smiling, assuring him that he wasn't in any trouble for looking.

"Now were did that rock come fr-", before she could finish her sentence, little Haywire admitted her guilt with her slingshot. Cheerilee couldn't recall all the times she had to confiscate some usually harmless but annoying device from the prank pulling filly, and slingshots had been common for the filly. "How many times have I told you not to bring your slingshot to class!" She paused, reining in her anger. Darn it! She'd told them and told them, and it never sank in! But the filly was already obviously feeling bad enough ... part of Cheerilee wanted to push the issue, make sure the filly knew she'd done wrong, and that she should listen to Cheerilee in the future ... but ... She gave Haywire a comforting hug, "But I know you didn't mean to hurt any animals. Thanks to our striped friend here, he'll be all right. See? His swelling has already gone down!"

Cheerilee sighed - she so disliked having to punish students. She knew Haywire didn't mean harm, but she couldn't just let the foal get away with having the slingshot. It was part of her job to make sure her students grew up into responsible citizens. "Haywire, you are going to have to turn in your slingshot. And I want you to spend your time on this field trip watching over the bunny, to make sure it's all right, and so you understand why slingshots are dangerous. Do whatever Miss Zecora says in regards to that, and when we get back, you are going to have to stay after class and help clean the schoolhouse for a week."

Cheerilee worried though, that bunny maybe was going to be fine, but it wasn't going to be able to walk for a bit yet. Then she heard a pony speak up, turning around she saw little Reno there looking concerned and volunteering to stay with the rabbit. Cheerilee had to think it over for a few moments, "Well I don't want you to miss out on the field trip Reno, maybe we can have you carry the rabbit on your back, so he can rest, you would just have to walk carefully and not canter or gallop at all. What do you think Miss Zecora,would that be alright for him to do?"

With a few nods and a soft giggle she finished brushing the feed off of Timid Star and then mussed his mane with her hoof as to reassure him that everything was going to be ok.

"Well come on now then youngin! Lets get ya back to Cheerilee so we can continue yer lessons." She was full of excitement and energy even if the visit from the foals and Cheerilee wasn't going exactly to key, there wasn't much else that they could really do about it other then move on. Apple Bumpkin reflected back on the words of Cheerilee being sorry for the foals causing such a commotion on the farm but it really isn't her fault at all nor would it be attributed to her. Apple Bumpkin had nothing but good thoughts for the teacher who was also a very striking mare and had an amazing way of carrying herself. She knew it was strange to think like this but not only was she good with foals, but she also seemed to always try and find the best in everypony no matter what the situation. Yes, she could be forceful or reprimanding when called for but it seemed to Apple Bumpkin that there was nothing that Cheerilee could do wrong. As Apple Bumpkin trotted back to the main group with Timid Star in tow she let out a soft giggle seeing Rem still passed out in front of the feed bag. She trotted slowly over passed him and patted Sweetie Belle on the head with a giggle and noted that Sleepy was still in her mane, for some reason Sleepy really liked Sweetie Belle.

"Here we have it Cheerilee, Timid Star!" She let out a very grand and opertune enterence for the foal who was behind her.

"Well, now that we have how to feed the Chicks when yer tired out of the way..." She trailed off into a small giggle before regaining her thoughts. "What else would ya'll like ta learn about, if 'Ah recall Cheerilee, ya wanted ta go on a tour of our farm at one point." She nodded her head a few times and grins at Cheerilee, trying to hide all her excitement for even having the teacher on her farm.

Ruby stay close to Reno after he had greeted her, a smile plastered on her face despite the chaos. During it all, Ruby did something that would probably come off as a surprise. She sat down and stayed where she was! There was enough going on without Miss Cheerilee having to worry about little ol' her. That, and she wanted to watch Reno handle the bunny! Watching him nuzzle it just made her swoon. "Awwww!" He's sensitive! Maybe? Either way, she thought it was adorable. "Are you this good with all animals, Reno?"

But everything seemed to be dying down, thanks to the know-how of Zecora and a bit of enforcement from their teacher. Things were getting back on track! Looking behind her to see if everything was hunky-dory, she saw Remington sound asleep behind her. An unfortunate ailment, since he couldn't really control when he dozed off... But she still couldn't help but giggle at him. When Apple Bumpkin started speaking again, she stay close to Reno, smiling and listening like a good little filly. She actually had a question! One that had been bugging her for awhile! She waves her hoof in the air before asking. "Miss Bumpkin! I have a question about apple trees! I read in a book somewhere that just cuz a seed comes from a red apple, if you plant the seed it doesn't mean that it'll grow into a red apple tree... So how do you get all the same color apple trees?"

How could an apple farmer possibly know which seeds were going to make red as opposed to green? Did the seeds even matter? She never heard about apple farmers going out to buy seeds... Yet new trees appear! Was there some kind of secret psychic trick? Or maybe just something she missed in the reading?

Edited by Imagination

Zecorafbanner.jpg

Zecora tsked at little Haywire "I think for doing such a crime, with the bunny you should spend some time..." She moved a hoof then to gently rest it on Haywires shoulder "Things should never get out of hand, next time you do not know where that rock could land... and it would be dire if a more severe incident was to transpire.." She smiled moving to ruffle her hair "But do not fret the day is not over yet"

Cheerilee's curiosity was adorable and she loved it "Yes the creation is my own, something I learned from home! Not just for bunny bumps, it will sooth even Pony lumps" She would have to spend more time with the berry colored pony ! Her curiosity for Zebra culture made Zecora feel very welcome indeed! "Miss Cheerilee if you are busy now, perhaps we could talk more later somehow?"

Her next question asking if the bunny could be carried around received a nod "So long as he does not bound the bunny should be safe riding around"

reno-.jpg

Reno beamed at that comment that he could carry the Bunny around and moved to gently let the bunny sit on his back, The woozy and weary bunny snuggling into the small of the pony's back and yawned starting to sleep off it's nasty bump.. Reno's face suddenly turned a light pink realizing that Ruby was still by him... "Oh huh? Oh no.. not all animals.. just..the little ones, Daddy said Momma was always good with them though" He said sitting down by Ruby, giving the bunny another nose nuzzle.

He was very interested in Ruby's question and moved his mouth to her ear quietly to whiisper "That'sa good question" quietly and grinned moving to slightly rest his head against her shoulder to listen to the answer, he'd get up and move when it was answered and the tour began again.

"I'll take good care of the bunny Miss Cheerilee I promise.. I'ma name Her Rubee"

All little Haywire could do was simply nod and respond, "yes ma'am," to all of her teacher's words. The hug the blonde filly received from Cheerilee did help lighten her spirits a little, but Haywire couldn't help feeling awful about what she had done. Taking out her slingshot, the rust colored foal handed it over.

"Here it is, Miss Cheerilee, I don't EVER want it back."

She then walked over to the bunny.

"I'm so powerful surry bout all this, and I'll watch over ya till yur all better, jist like my teacher told me to."

Then the sad blank flank turned towards Zecora.

"You're right of course, and thanks fer helpin' this here bunny, Miss Zecora."

She did manage a slight smile at Reno's suggestion.

"Rubee's a great name fer this bunny, Reno!"

Sweetie Belle stood there, blinking, as the chicks dissappeared as fast as they had swarmed her, leaving her in a cloud of little yellow feathers. She stood there with a flat expression, one last little yellow chick nested in her mane, then let out a *ptu* and blew out another little spurt of yellow feathers off to the side.

Then her face brightened, and she twisted around, lifting her rear leg to look at her flank. She paused for a moment, then let out a sigh as she sagged. Nope, no chick-handler cutie mark. She hung her head a moment, feeling that familiar little ache of defeat, then straightened her back and trotted over to Timid.

"Hey, are you all right?" she asked softly. "That was kinda weird... usually I'm the one who ends up making a mess!" She let out a soft little giggle.

Timid nodded and managed a smile as he followed Apple Bumpkin. She seemed to be excited and full of energy, unaffected by the chaos that ensued from his panicked dash into the bag of feed. As Cheerilee and the rest of the foals came into view, Timid became a bundle of nerves, worried what sort of punishment Cheerilee had in store for him as a consequence for his actions.

Passing by Remington, passed out in front of the feed sack. Timid couldn't help but giggle but stopped as they reached Sweetie Belle, and instead, Timid became nervous once more. As Apple Bumpkin patted her, he peeked out and replied to her inquiry, "I'm okay, I just got spooked by somepony climbjng onto me and I'm very sorry about covering you in feed. I was in a panic and not in complete control of my body. I hope you can forgive me." Having said his piece, he hid in Apple Bumpkin's shadow again.

Announcing his presence to Cheerilee and the others as if he was making a grand stage entrance, Timid's embarrassment at being chased by chicks nearly overwhelmed him. He froze momentarily, his wide, panic stricken eyes scanned the scene he returned to. An injured bunny, zebra, Haywire handing over her slingshot to Cheerilee. His eyes stopped there and he recalled the yelp he heard before he panicked and realized that Haywire had hit the bunny by accident! "Oh no! Is the bunny alright?", he asked, his fear replaced with concern as he trotted out of Apple Bumpkin's shadow and approached Cheerilee.

AppleBloomATTEMPT3final.png

Apple Bloom had been making a concerted effort to stay out of the craziness that was happening with the chicks. Whole she would normally be heavily involved in such a silly and all together fun happening as the chicks. However, when Miss Cheerilee asked for help with Remington and was met by indifference from her charges. Apple Bloom wasn't all that friendly with Remington- she hardly knew him- but it sure looked like a bad day for him to be taking an impromptu nap. And with her teacher ordering help for him and getting stonewalled by the screeching and excited mass of fillies and colts, it was left to Apple Bloom alone to save Remington! Well, maybe not that dramatic but it helped her feel more involved in the chaos around her.

"Ah got it, Miss Cheerilee!" She replied enthusiastically, though she didn't think Cheerilee could possibly hear her over the chaos around her. Maybe Sweetie with her cannons for lungs could make herself heard. Regardless, Apple Bloom made her way over to Remington and started nudging him.

''Ey Remington, getcherself up! Ah'm sure you don't wanna miss out on how we make apple juice, it's a really cool little process!" She blathered for a few moments. When he didn't respond, she nudged his face once. Nothing. She nudged again. Nothing. This repeated until she basically, though very lightly, popped him across the face.

"Remington, wake up already!"

Cheerilee always was impressed with the talents that ponies showed - Zecora's amazing talent with potions, or Apple Bumpkin's simply miraculous manner with the chicks. She turned to the zebra and smiled. "Thank you, Zecora, for everything - managing all of this has been a little easier with you here. I don't know what I would have done about the bunny if you hadn't been there. I look forward to the opportunity to chat with you some more!" Relieved by Haywire's sincere apology, she took the slingshot slipped it into her saddlebag. "Now Haywire, Reno, even with the bunny, I expect both of you to keep up with the class! Now that's settled, how about we enjoy the rest of this field trip?" She gave a cheerful smile - things had started off chaotically, but really Cheerilee would have been more surprised if everything had gone as planned. She stepped off, seeing more issues that needed her personal tender loving care. "And to you, Miss Bumpkin, thank you so much for helping take care of the foals. Your way with the chicks is simply amazing."

She smiled out over the class, her attention needed everywhere. She gave a word of encouragement here - "That’s an interesting question, Ruby; I am sure miss Bumpkin or miss Caramel would love to tell you.” And a gentle word of sympathy there, as she dusted a few remaining bits of feed from Timid's mane. "Are you alright, dear? No real damage done except some lucky chicks got an extra large lunch.” Poor thing, he always seemed to get himself hurt. Then, of course, she got to the one she was more worried about - the sleeping colt. She remembered something in Remington's file about Narcolepsy, but she'd never had to deal with a student with that issue before. "I should check on him Applebloom, thank you though for watching him." She looked down on the hopefully napping colt, “Remington, Remington, are you awake? You alright?” Cheerilee nosed carefully at the little red Pegasus. She smiled up to the nearby worried-looking ponies to reassure them. “I think he is just asleep, don’t worry, I am sure he’ll wake up in a second here.”

She took a deep breath, then raised her voice to carry. “All students, I want you to pair up in the buddy system, and keep an eye out for each other! Same drill as usual, let's go!" She was determined this trip would be a success, no matter how chaotic things may get.

(( OOC Comment - Cheerilee is basically running herd on the students, Ill leave it up to two hosts to guide the tour, Abby gave a good suggestion though. Of course I expect more crazy ideas and havoc from the foals ;) ))

Apple Bumpkin took in all the questions that the foals had for her as she bobbed her head up and down in thought. First, she turned to a small purpleish foal and started to speak.

"Teh answer ya'll are lookin fer is that each seed has its own genetic code and ta only way ta be sure ya have the same color of apples is we plant them over yonder in a fenced off area of ta farm and once they are grown enough we move them ta their proper area to be with their kin." She nodded her head and with a massive grin turned over to Apple Bloom and her grin changed to a face of pure puzzlement.

"Well 'Ah could show ya'll how we make it, or ya'll could try yer hooves at helpin makin some!" She giggled to herself a bit at the fact that she was not only going to get the foals all in one place and help keep them controlled for Cheerilee but also get them to do some tiring work. The waves of yellow chicks had receded back towards the barn now that they had devoured all of the feed, Apple Bumpkin not even wanting to look at what was left of the feed bag just sighed as she looked on to the chicks staring at her from inside the shade of the barn, their small beedy eyes seeming to watch every single twitch of her body. One of these days the chicks would grow up and some would leave her care, but it still seemed like it was a very far time away before they were anymore then helpless little hungry chicks who devour every ounce of food in their path. She turned to Cheerilee as she started talking about the buddy system and a strange thought came through her head.

"Well if'n the kids have ta do it, shouldn't we do it to? Only fair an t'all." She grinned a little and nodded her head to Cheerilee. Noticing that Rem was still passed out was starting to worry her a bit. " 'Ah've never seen a pegasus sleep this long. What in tarnation did he eat this mornin?" She put a hoof to her chin as she pondered the cause of his long sleep and then looked back over all the foals and smiled, it was a nice change of pace to not only have some foals on the farm that were willing to learn but she also had Cheerilee AND Zecora on the farm.