...Diablo THREE. O_O

hi hi

I'm planning to wait and see if its any good and whether or not my friends are going to be playing it for more than just a passing week or two before I shell out the cash, but I have a feeling I'll probably end up buying it sooner or later. (back when Starcraft 2 came out, everyone was all "we're going to play this so much, come join us!" and that lasted maybe a couple of weeks.)

All I hope, is that the servers are ready for the insane flood of players. Unlike the Diablo II crash so many years ago, it pretty much broke blizzard for quite a while.

The real money auction house is quite brilliant of them honestly. I don't think players quite understand the real logic behind it though, but it will play a big part during the endgame hell-inferno mode stuff.

I think players are going to find out fast that, while the regular gold auction house works for almost all of the game. When it turns to inferno endgame time, what they want will not be there for them to bid on anymore. It will most likely only be found on the real money auction house. *course they can sell the things they find too, so it kinda goes both ways*

Yup blizzard plans to take a cut, and it's even run through paypal later, but no one really knows how much the cut will be. It can't really be very much, if it is people will again go to 3rd party sites *taking a big risk* just to avoid it.

The thing with the real money trading is that it encourages the formerly illicit activity, but this time giving safety and control to the players while making Blizzard rich. It also sets a (scary) new precedent for the future of games like this.

The thing with the real money trading is that it encourages the formerly illicit activity, but this time giving safety and control to the players while making Blizzard rich. It also sets a (scary) new precedent for the future of games like this.

Well if a game is going to set a precedent it's definitely going to be Diablo 2 / Diablo 3.

Blizzard most likely realized that to prevent all the spamming and the RMT that happened during Diablo 2 that they had to do something, so I'm guessing that something was to make it legal to do while taking a sum of the cash. Hopefully there will be less spammers this time. The chinese are still infesting Diablo 2 for Christ's sake..

And as far as an influx of players is concerned, I think WoW has set precedent as far as launches are concerned, and over the years they've gotten control of their server structure. I don't think there are going to be stability issues for this one. But it is possible.

And as far as an influx of players is concerned, I think WoW has set precedent as far as launches are concerned, and over the years they've gotten control of their server structure. I don't think there are going to be stability issues for this one. But it is possible.

Oh I personally agree, I think the beta test realm is really used to get stuff up and firing, test max load capacity, and other things. I don't think it will crash, but I'm prepared to not be upset if it does.

Real money stuff I think will be interesting. I mean the idea is to keep players wanting to play the game, and I think it will do that for quite a long time. But I really think it will only be effective at high level, *similar to stones of jordan, and the best in game ultra elite gear.* Those are what people would use the 3rd party sites to buy most of the time. Lots of little garbage items, eh maybe? Who knows people buy all sorts of silly stuff.

I guess we will find out in less than a day I think... is it scheduled to release at midnight for those that did a digital download copy? I want most all of the game to be a surprise for me, so I haven't read the spoiler boards to know it's exact release time.

But seriously, I laughed so hard, whether it's true or not :D

Someone found references to it while digging around in the beta's data files. There was quest text for a mission to rescue ponies as well as references to the bosses "Nightmarity" and "Midnight Sparkle." Apparently a *bunch* of people in the beta managed to find these.

We should know for sure in a couple days.

I played it, its fun, no doubt but I find it lacking, being new to the diablo franchise, I just think it isn't really my type of game, or I'm just too hyped for GW2 to accept new games atm. luckely I didn't pay for it so :D (no I didn't pirate it, I got the pass for WoW )