...Diablo THREE. O_O

Oh my Celestia, that guinea pig herd! If Candlemare was still around she'd be going nuts over that!

So...is the game fun? I don't see myself getting it or playing it, but I'm sure it's entertaining nonetheless!

I haven't played it yet. But I plan to get it. I am waiting for some patch work before I start playing. I don't want another FF14 on my hands!

Honestly, even with the downtime, this release seems a bit more stable to me then any previous blizzard release.

As for gameplay, I like it, but I also liked diablo II and it's pretty similar. Hack guys up, get loot, hack more guys up for more loot.

Listen to Deckard Cain tell you how awesome you are at finding awesome stuff. I personally think he's great and really fits the game.

Some are choosing to compare it to "gauntlet" the arcade version, and I would say that is pretty accurate. It has way more attacks and moves to kill enemies, the loot/equipment system and quite a bit more. But at it's core gameplay wise , it's kind of similar.

Barbarian needs food badly!

I do not like that the auction house feels disconnected from gameplay. Being forced to log out to the choose character screen just feels weird. Imagine playing wow and anytime you wanted to use the auction house you have to log out to your character screen.

Just got a chance to play it. Only for a short time. Got a monk to level 6. So far, so good. Feels a lot like Diablo 2. Only being able to use certain skills in certain skill slots feels weird, but I'll get used to it. Not having to waste time figuring out stats is heavenly.

My tag is DiegoHavoc#2761. I'm unlikely to play multiplayer for a while, but feel free to add me.

All of my friends have it. I watched one play it at his house and it looked really fun. I might have to pick it up this weekend. Has anyone tried the co-op? How well does it work?

Well. But don't expect Normal to be very difficult. We've only died once each from the entire game so far and we're almost to Act 3.

Has anyone tried the co-op? How well does it work?

In my opinion extremely well. Provided that *and this is extremely important* Everyone in the party is at the same spot plotwise in the game.

They raise the difficulty a bit, everyone has their very own loot *what you see is yours* , though you can drop it and trade and it becomes visible to the others. Health orbs heal everyone. So all around it's great.

However, say I just started and am level 3, If I get a invite and join my buddies game who is level 11 and he is halfway through act 1, it attempts to bump me all the way up to him quest wise. It gives some completed bonuses but not near anything required to survive. *you still might but it's rough* You have no gear up to speed really,.and I am pretty sure you cannot backtrack and do the missed quests.

If you want to play co op. Level two characters *or more* One to play only when your buddy or buddies are online. And the other to play when you are alone.

All your characters share the same gold, and have a shared stash so it's not like it's really hindering progress leveling more than one.

I haven't played it yet. But I plan to get it. I am waiting for some patch work before I start playing. I don't want another FF14 on my hands!

FFXIV destroyed my faith in games...not that there was a bunch to begin with.

However, say I just started and am level 3, If I get a invite and join my buddies game who is level 11 and he is halfway through act 1, it attempts to bump me all the way up to him quest wise. It gives some completed bonuses but not near anything required to survive. *you still might but it's rough* You have no gear up to speed really,.and I am pretty sure you cannot backtrack and do the missed quests.

You can backtrack actually, even if you didn't miss the quests. Just click "Change Quest" right under "Resume Game" and you can set your progress back to any point in the game.

Eh I'm not a fan of Diablo 3 myself, but I like to play with others. My nickname on there is Zale with some fancy numbers after it... lemme get my battletag again...

Battletag: Zale#1868

Anyways, right now I'm building my Barbarian so tanky that she can't die. Her name's Tief, but I haven't really trained other characters up any levels much. In Nightmare mode at level 32.

• 2 weeks later...

Late to the game. Lol my IRL friends got me Diablo 3 so I can play with them rofl.

My battle tag: Xiee#6491

Add me up! I'm on the US Server, currently with a level 45 Demon Hunter on nightmare mode and a level 20 Wizard on normal mode.

One issue I have with Diablo 3 is that the game is full of redundancies. What is the point of grey/white when they will NEVER be upgrades, and they aren't even worth picking up to sell? If you can use a town portal at any time and then warp right back into the dungeon to pick up where you left off, why even bother with a limited inventory space? If you can identify yellow items at any time outside of combat just by right clicking on them...why do they even need to be identified then?

Redundancies aside, I disliked the lack of single player / LAN support. However, by far my biggest gripe with Diablo 3 was the horrible writing. Without spoiling anything, your character, regardless of which class you choose, has absolutely no influence on the plot at all. You exist in a world that progresses the plot forward with zero input from your character. The Witch Doctor's story literally amounts to "The Lords of Hell are bad so I will follow these people around and kill them." Also, and here come the spoilers...

...it was incredibly obvious that the Emperor Hakan was Belial, and that Adria was going to betray you. Also, remember Zoltun Kulle, the immortal that you resurrect and then promptly kill in Act II? Killing an immortal...seems legit.

However, Blizzard did do a lot right with Diablo 3. The atmosphere is great, the controls are tight, and the visuals are beautiful. Being able to change up your skills and runes on the fly works well as a whole, and adds a shallow layer of strategy to how you choose to approach combat.

Overall, my experience was "meh". Granted, I am not much of a fan of the dungeon crawler genre. I stopped playing after finishing the game on normal, but all of my friends who love dungeon crawlers, and the Diablo franchise have expressed their frustration with Blizzard's over-the-top nightmare difficulty.

Take it for what it's worth. I didn't love Diablo 3, I didn't hate Diablo 3. I simply played it with no expectations.

• 7 months later...