[Canterlot] Pony Joe's Donut Shop [CLOSED]

Pony Joe is here and ready to serve up some donuts, laughter, and advice! Step right up for some tasty treats right here in Canterlot!

MENU

INDIVIDUAL DONUTS- 1 bit

HALF DOZEN- 3 bits

DOZEN- 6 bits

HOT CHOCOLATE- 1 bit

COFFEE- 1 bit

TODAYS SPECIAL: Pink Frosted Donut With Sprinkles

Spike_and_Pony_Joe_talking.png

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A light orange pegasus, with a red mane striped in yellow trotted in in through the front door, the bells jingling on the door, a tan bush hat pushed back down on her neck and hanging by the string used to strap it down for flight. her cutie mark of animal catching bolas clean and shiny.

Candy Catch-em came up to the counter with a bright smile and an excited trot and took a seat, nearly spinning the seat on its post in a full circle in her excitement.

The pegasus mare waved a hoof as she ordered her breakfast "I'll have a dozen assorted donuts and a hot chocolate, Joe. It's going to be a fun day today! One of the Mantcores I've been tending is finally fully healed up!"

2z5nalg.jpg

Joe nodded and filled up a mug with hot chocolate.

"Really? That's great news, Candy! Congratulations! Any preferences on those assorted donuts? Oh, is that for here or to go?"

Just in case, Joe pulled a plate and a box up onto the counter. He turned and topped the mug with lots of whipped cream and sprinkles. He slid it over to Candy and smiled.

The pegasus mare swished her tail happily as the donuts were set before her

"Thanks Joe! I might like some more filled donuts than the other kinds. -And that will be mainly for here. Go ahead and leave the to-go box please, I'll take what I have left over with me."

She munched a donut and sipped the hot chocolate. "Mmmm, as good as ever! How did your Donutopia project do last week?"

As she listened, she was mentally going over the sedative dosages she would need for the Mantacore later that morning, for the flight to his new home...

Joe handed her a bright pink To-Go Box and took a seat behind his counter.

"Well, the Donutopia didn't go quite as well as I planned. But it didn't necessarily go bad either. I did my best, and so did the other competitors." Then, trying to change the subject, he added, "So tell me about this manticore!"

Candy Catch-em nommed on a donut as she listened to the news about Donutopia.

The mare perked her ears as he asked about the mantacore. "Oh, he's been cooped up on the family veterinary barn on the far side of the Northern Solstice Heights for a few months. The poor thing seems to have come out on the bad side of an encounter with an Ursa and, well... He was caught trying to attack a herd of sheep over near Hoofington, only to collapse from his injuries. It took a team of six pegasi and a cloud raft to get him to our practice."

She rubbed her hooftips together "He's finally ready to return to the wild, with a promise not to attack ponies. I've managed to sweet-talk one of my customers in the Canterlot Court to let me use their sky yacht to deliver him to the Everfree forest today."

Pony Joe grinned.

"What excellent news! I hope it goes well!"

Noticing that Candy's hot chocolate was empty, Pony Joe picked her mug up.

"For your charitable efforts, you get a refill on the house!"

Candy nickered happily as her hot chocolate was refilled. "Thank you Joe!"

She ate her donuts as she watched Joe look out the window forlornly

"Dont' worry Joe. If nothing else, the weather team bringing this rain should want breakfast too when they are done, and where better for them to go eh? you make some fantastic donuts! I havent been up to Cloudsdale often, but I dont' think they have a donut shop to compare."

Joe chuckled and picked a rag up from the sink. He started wiping the counters down, a compulsive cleaner.

"Thank you kindly, Miss Candy. Although, I've never been up to Cloudsdale in my life. It's kinda funny...I have lots of pegasi stopping by from there, and my delivery boy flies in often. Although, the weather team hardly ever drops in anymore."

sml_gallery_475_9_14254.jpg

(ooc): New customer coming in

Flying high above Canterlot is an elderly lime green Pegasus with white mane and tail. He is Professor Clyde Krashkop, retired Professor of Applied Physics of Canterlot University. The Germaney-born Pegasus is famous for two things: his clever inventions and his 'crash' landings.

"I alvays vork up an appetite after mein morning flight! Dere's Pony Joe's! Vonderba! I vill eat dere!"

Professor Krashkop steadies his wings and prepares to descend. Hoping for a perfect four hoof landing in the street, the elderly Pegasus swooped down. Coming in too fast, the Professor bounces twice on the street before rolling through the front door, coming to a full stop inches away from Joe's counter.

"Guten Tag, mein dear friend Joe!" the dizzy stallion shouted as he struggled to his feet. "Hello dere fraulien Catchum! Fancy meeting you here!"

Pony Joe turned, startled as he heard a crash and the door swung open.

Suddenly, he was face to face with a seemingly delirious pony with a thick and strange accent. He recognised it as Professor Clyde Krashkop almost immediately.

"Ah! Proffessor Krashkop! You scared me. What can I get you today?"

Candy shakes her head "That's too bad about the Weather Team not coming in like they should. Hopefully things wont stay slow today.."

She gasped as a green blur rolled in through the door and came to a stop.

"Oh wow! Good morning, Professor. I'm having a nice, big breakfast! That Mantacore I told you about is going to be released today, out in the Everfree forest."

She giggles "He's a big sweetie once you get to know him. I am still making sure he's sedated for the trip though, he doesnt' like tight spaces."

Candy gestures with a wing "Care to sit with me Professor?"

"I vould be honored to share a table vith you, fraulein Catchum!" the Professor answered as he turned towards Pony Joe. "I am trying to cut down on vhat I eat for breakfast, so I vill order vone plain donut, vone chocolate eclair, two cherry fritters, three crulliers, two creme filled donuts und vone large coffee. I so LOVE your donuts, Herr Joe! I used to sneak over here between teaching classes at dee University und take a dozen back vith me!"

Professor Krashkop smiled at the notion of Candy's tale of her mantacore.

"If anyvone can tame a vild Mantacore, I vould put mein money on Fluttershy und YOU! Your vork vith creatures is very impressive!"

kqTYG.png

At the back of Pony Joe's Doughnut Shop, a box of sugar addressed from Sugarcube Corner wiggled around. It hopped around dry storage, knocking over bags of flour, sending sprinkles scattering like a hail of fragmented rainbows. The box laid still for a moment, and silence fell. Suddenly, the tape sealing the box split, and the box flaps flew open. The young unicorn foal, Pumpkin, tumbled out of the box of sugar! She sneezed cutely, clearing a flurry of sugar from her nose. She sniffed, looking around the dimly lit dry storage room. The foal blinked, confused. She had been in Sugarcube Corner's dry storage, looking for a box to play in, when it was sealed and she was left in darkness. She decided to take a nap, and when she woke and exited the box, the new room she was in was quite different. She looked to the oaken door, a sliver of golden light providing the means for her exit.

Pumpkin slowly crawled to the door and peeked through. Sugarcube Corner looked different -- much, much different! Her parents certainly weren't there, but a rather strange menagerie of other ponies. An orange and green pegasus, and a unicorn behind the counter. All of the cakes on display were strange -- they all had holes in them! Pumpkin bit her lower lip, raising her hoof to her mouth. She sucked on herself, closing one eye to inspect the new ponies, squinting against the brightness of the Doughnut Shop. Clearly, the foal would need to investigate further. She slipped out of the dry storage room and slithered up to the wooden shelving behind the doughnut counter. She brushed against a jar of chocolate chips, which teetered precariously, and threatened to drop. Pumpkin grabbed the jar just in time, exhaling sharply in relief.

Pumpkin set the jar back, but lost her balance in the process and fell off, straight into a pile of doughnuts! Frosting, custard, and jelly splattered every which way, along with a flume of powdered sugar! Pumpkin licked her hoof happily, looking up at Pony Joe cutely. Surprise!

Pony Joe smiled as his shop started to fill up with more ponies. Candy continued to tell him about the Manticore, and he was fascinated. He wasn't sure that he believed in a sweet Manticore, but he definitely knew that Candy was a mare of her word! He turned to Candy with concern.

"Sedated? They're allowed to do that?"

He quickly jotted down Professor Krashkop's large order.

"Well Professor, that sounds like quite the breakfast! Lets see if I got this right...one plain, one chocolate eclairs, two cherry fritters, three crulliers, two creme filled, and one large coffee? Yes? That certainly is less than you usually eat! Will you still want a box for the leftovers?"

Joe started to compile the Professor's breakfast. He was such a delightful customer, always ordering way more than he could eat. He pulled a large plate from the pile, the biggest size, and placed it gently on the counter. He filled up a mug with rich, black coffee.

"Cream and sugar, Professor?" He asked, placing the coffee in front of Professor Krashkop. From the large case, he began to gather the pastries.

Candy smiled at the green pegasus as he sat down "Thank you Professor."

She turned back to Pony Joe, smiling. "Certainly. It's just a safety precaution for the trip. He will be filling the cargo hold of the yacht as it is. Although, I have talked him into taking it orally like nervous ponies do before flying, instead of an injection. I will make sure he is fully awake before we leave him though. I dont' want some opportunistic hydras or timber wolves coming at him while hes asleep or groggy."

Candy shok her head and did a double take, thinking she saw a foal on the shelves behind Joe.

Suddenly, an little orange blur fell off the shelf into a pile of donuts, revealing a tan unicorn foal with an orange ducktail mane looking up at the burly stallion. "Oh my! Is the poor thing okay?"

"Ja! Creme und sugar, danka herr Joe!" Professor Krashkop neighed before turning towards Candy. "Dat is quite impressive, fraulien! I still say you vould have a future in veternary science at dee University if you chose to pursue a degree und..."

The Professor stopped talking when he too saw movement behind the counter.

"Vhat is going on here?" he asked as the white maned Pegasus followed Candy.

"Herr Joe! I did not know you had a daughter! Und you did not invite me to yur vedding? Vhat gives? VAIT A MOMENT! I know dis foal! ACK! UN-NEEMAL!! Dis is Pumpkin Cake! Carrot und Cup Cake's baby! Vhat in dee vorld is she doing HERE? In Canterlot! Vee must find her parents und look to see if her brother Pound Cake is here as vell!"

Pumpkin blinked at the three adult ponies, frosting and jam dripping off her orange ducktail. She had somehow managed to get a pink-frosted doughnut wrapped around her little horn as well. The young unicorn foal smiled gleefully at Joe, extending her little hoovesies at him. She tilted her head to the side as the older green pegasus exclaimed in surprise. She heard him mention her parents -- yes, but where were they? And Canterlot? Where was that? Pumpkin shrugged and grabbed a long doughnut slathered with maple frosting, sticking the end of the fried pastry in her mouth and sucking on it with relish. Drool ran down the sides of her mouth.

Nom nom um um num!

At least Pumpkin had good taste! Her attention turned to the rest of the doughnut shop. She looked at the various tables, the warm, homely atmosphere, the strange checkered tile. This most certainly was not Sugarcube Corner. The little gears in her young mind turned, and it slowly dawned on her. She wasn't at home anymore! She narrowed her bright blue eyes out the window to see the various spires and towers of Canterlot Castle right outside. She gasped, and the drool-covered doughnut fell out of her mouth and thumped to the floor, adding to the sticky mess.

Oh no! Joe thought, This is bad. This is really, REALLY bad. He picked the little foal up into his arms and cradled her gently.

"How did she get here?" He asked the two customers, who gave him blank stares in reply. Candy shrugged. Joe's stomach twisted with worry, and he hoped that Mr. and Mrs. Cake were doing alright.

"I'll have to call Mr. and Mrs. Cake." Joe said, reaching towards the phone with one hoof, passing the baby to Professor Krashkop. "Oh gosh, maybe her brother is here too!"

He dialed the number of the Cakes, which he knew by heart. He ordered from them often, they had a partnership.

"Hello? Mrs. Cake? Yes, this is Pony Joe, and your daughter has popped up in my shop somehow. I have no idea how she got here but....yes. I see. I'm glad I found her then! Poor Pound Cake. Well, how do we get her home? I suppose my delivery boy can bring her over, and some complimentary donuts of course. No, you're too kind! Don't worry your pretty little head, Mrs. Cake, she's just fine and she'll be home soon! Have a splendid day as well."

Joe hung the phone up, relieved.

"Pound Cake is at home, but they couldn't find Pumpkin Cake. I'm glad she popped up here, poor Mrs. Cake sounded so distraught! Pound Cake has been incredibly nervous as well, apparantely. He and his sister are pretty close. My delivery boy, Little Runner, is in the back. I'll go tell him to take little Pumpkin Cake home."

Joe pulled another pink box from the counter, and began filling it with complementary donuts for the Cakes. He looked at the Professor in relief, and then his heart froze.

"Professor- wh-where's Pumpkin Cake?!"

Candy Catchum ohhhed and clasped her hooves together as she looked at the baby filly in Joe's hooves.

She then ulped and gave a blank stare when asked how she got there, then shrugged "I have no idea, Joe."

Suddenly, Joe passed the foal to Professor Krashkop. "Hold her steady, Professor, I have some wet-naps in my saddlebag. Shes a messy little dear isnt' she?..."

Candy ducked around to dig into her saddlebag for the pack of wet naps, then froze at Pony Joe's words just as she pulled the pack out- "Professor- wh-where's Pumpkin Cake?!"

Candy snapped her head around and looked frantically around "Sweet Celestia!! I thought squirrels were hard to keep an eye on!!"

Joe, mortified, began searching for the little foal and calling out her name. She had made quite the mess of his shop! Well, that was okay. Sugary messes were fixable. Losing a little foal was NOT fixable! Especially since Joe had already told Mrs. Cake that Pumpkin was on her way! Joe ran out back and called his delivery boy, Little Runner, into the room to begin searching for the foal.

"Little Runner, hurry! A foal somehow ended up in the shop and now we've lost her once more!"

Little Runner, who did not speak much, nodded and began to search for the foal as well. Where could she be hiding? Joe thought.

Thick, yellow custard dropped down on Pony Joe's shoulder, followed by strawberry jam. The little foal was in the wooden rafters! She peeked down at the gruff stallion, her eyes narrowed. Pumpkin had been rather frightened by the commotion of the older ponies, and decided to make her escape. She climbed the wooden wall paneling, leaving a trail of doughnut goo in her wake. She didn't anticipate that the rafting would be so high, and she felt dizzy when she looked down into the concerned faces of the older ponies. She stood up on wobbly feet and tried to walk across the wooden rafter, but lost her balance. She spun her forehooves around to maintain her balance, her body teetering out into midair. Pumpkin could hear the other ponies gasping as she tried to shift her weight back onto the rafter.

Pumpkin was quite the expert at falling down, and did so with all the grace of a rock. She dove head-first into a jar of chocolate sprinkles, sending a flume of them everywhere! She stood up, the jar stuck to her head, and stumbled around blindly with her hooves outstretched. She walked through the case of doughnuts, her hoof causing the fillings to exit each doughnut as she stepped on them. Custard! Frosting! Jam! It was a sugar firing squad, with the poor occupants of Joe's shop at the receiving end of Pumpkin's gooey onslaught. She reached the end of the table and fell off, her top-heavy head meeting the ground. The clay jar shattered, and Pumpkin blinked as the bright light of the shop came into her focus. She felt very dizzy and disoriented, deciding it was best to stay where she was. For the moment. The little foal flopped backwards, grinning at the adult ponies.

Joe scooped Pumpkin up from the trail of sugary destruction she had left behind. His store would need some serious cleaning up! But so would little Pumpkin Cake, who was covered in sticky, sugary goo. She writhed in his arms uncomfortably, and he readjusted her.

"Well, I'll be closing the store momentarily to clean all of this up, and get this sorted out. Candy, Professor, you are free to stay if you like."

"My dat foal moves fast!" a stunned Professor Krashkop neighed, realizing that the unicorn foal got away from him. "Must be using some kinda magic to move about like dat! Vatch her very closely!"

The white maned Pegasus listened to Candy and Pony Joe.

"Of course vee vill help you clean dis place up! Candy, do you have any experience vith baby ponies? I vill be glad to get a mop und vater to vash dis floor vith."