Summer of Pony ~ Session V [S1E11-13]

exaCe.png

Summer of Pony '12 ~ Session V ~

Introduction/Schedule

Previous Sessions:

I, II, III, IV

Winter Wrap Up, Call of the Cutie, Fall Weather Friends

Greetings, Ponyphiles! We're going to take a break from our regularly scheduled Session to introduce two very important guests!

Presenting: Snowflake!

sdyjK.png

Snowflake was born in the Cloudsdale Weather Factory. No two of her species are exactly alike, and the pay is terrible. She made a long journey from a cloud to decorate Equestria with her artistry. Just look at all those facets of snowy glittery goodness!

Also presenting a very special tree. You all know him, and he knows all of you! The great and green Bloomberg!

dmgQt.png

Together, Snowflake and Bloomberg have organized the STAMP (Snow and Trees Against Mean Ponies) Organization! Tell us about STAMP you two!

As we all know, "Winter Wrap Up" and the "Running of the Leaves" both entail heavy labor from the Ponies of Equestria to change seasons. However, has anyone considered the repercussions of doing so? The artistry of the snow is cleared away, forever!

And us Trees have our leaves literally ripped right off! How would you like it if someone did that to your clothes? Exactly! And don't even get me started about applebucking, I mean, would it kill them to ask...

Right you are Bloomberg! Of special concern to me is the treatment we receive in the snow factory. In our most formative moments, we are forced to conform to pegasus standards.

This fight has resulted in severe personal consequences. Just as we started to get traction, Snowflake had her 6th point removed, and I became the victim of a late night abduction. I was uprooted and relocated far from kith and kin. Perhaps they thought this would break our resolve, but they were dead wrong. I miss my little seedlings, but this has only made us more determined.

And so, we ask you to watch these episodes that document the cruelty, and join us in spreading the word!

STAMP out injustice! Watch:

"Winter Wrap Up" Original airdate: December 24, 2010

Twilight Sparkle tries to participate in Ponyville's annual clean-up of Winter in order to prepare for Spring, but her insistence that she maintain the event's traditions by not using magic creates more problems for the tasks.

"Call of the Cutie" Original airdate: January 7, 2011

After seeing another pony earn hers, Applejack's sister Apple Bloom becomes concerned that she can't find her hidden talent and get her Cutie Mark before going to a party closed to "blank flanks." However, she encounters two other young ponies with the same problem.

"Fall Weather Friends" Original airdate: January 28, 2011

After Applejack beats Rainbow Dash in a game of horseshoes, the Pegasus becomes indignant and challenges Applejack to a series of physical challenges to prove who is the more athletic pony. When Rainbow Dash is accused of cheating by using her wings, Applejack then challenges her to participate in the "Running of the Leaves", an annual marathon, without using her wings.

Rosie: Winter Wrap Up...what's not to say? What's not to love? The epic song at the beginning that was the defacto ballad of bronies everywhere for all of Season 1? The touching story? It's worth a watch again, and again, and again. The song is so inspiring, the remixes of it numerous. The characters just shine!

Call of the Cutie introduces the CMCs. Like them or hate them, they're all introduced here! I actually need to watch this one again so I can give it some honest thoughts later in this thread.

Fall Weather Friends...mmm, delicious AppleDash! I like seeing their relationship develop, and some of the scenes are hauntingly beautiful. Seriously, just stop and look at the scenery. Gorgeous!

Weesh: There is not an episode that I can conclusively say that I esteem more than Fall Weather Friends. It features competition, games, fairness, sportsmanship and relationships. These are near and dear to my heart. We should aspire to be the best that we can be. Everyone should have a good time together. Fairness needs to be taught and kept a priority. But most importantly, games should be a catalyst for relationship building and personal growth. They are the easiest way for an introvert like me to get to know new people, but they can also be destructive. I have let my competitive nature hurt relationships in the past, and I need to be careful. Thus I related very deeply to how Rainbow and Applejack relate to each other, and the lessons they learn. It warms my heart to see them run off together at the end of the episode.

STAMP Design Contest:

Snowflake and Bloomberg need your help in their campaign to end pony meanness! Design a logo, slogan, poem, anecdote, art, image, or anything to promote STAMP (Snow and Trees Against Mean Ponies). Some submissions will be presented in Session VI, and the participants will gain the friendship and thanks of all the snow and trees in Equestria! How cool is that?! VERY COOL. Feel free to submit stuff directly in this thread. Ideas might include Bloomberg (be sure to get his good side), Snowflake, other trees, leaves, or any combination of whatever you think would be creative. Write a song! Make a billboard! Show everypony how awesome and clever you are! STAMP out injustice of trees and snow, everywhere in Equestria!

A quick note: Rosie is running Session VI sans Weesh next week, watch out!

ojafz.gif

What do other ponies do? I haven't got a clue...

Last night in the Session V drafting room:

Weesh: "Also, can Bloomberg be Brown or Red? I know that messes with your intro of him a bit, but it might be confusing since my sections in your post will be green."

Rosie: "Excuse me, but Bloomberg is our guest. You'll have to find some other color. It's not his fault you're green."