13 episodes confirmed, and Discord is making a reappearance.

With everyone hoping they'll pull a Korra and double it at the last second and it will thereby become 26 episodes. And all will be right with the world.

Legend of Korra will come with multiple books, too. Which I was kind of surprised by. :o

Also, as far as I heard, Ponies did incredibly well ratings wise among their key demographic (not us), so it would be foolish to drop it just like that. I think they are just cautious with planning too far in advance.

13 episodes confirmed, and Discord is making a reappearance.

Dont forget the Scootaloo episode indirectly confirmed by her VA on Everfree Radio!

• Like 1

I was a little confused by the '13' episode bit. I heard one studio is doing 13 episodes. Don't they normally have at least two studios that work on the show at once?

TACOBOB'S WILD GUESSES SUPER AWESOME PREDICTIONS OF THE FUTURE! (For Season 3)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zXkYTdm8BFA

If I GET ANY OF THESE right, I will totally win at FIM and therefore, will win the internet! You all then will be forced to be my pets or something.

10.Gilda WILL RETURN!

09.Gilda WILL NOT RETURN!

08.One of the mane cast will either leave or die!

07.We'll see yet another new Alicorn!

06.We will see one of the mane character's parents that we haven't seen before.

05.First on screen death!

04.We'll get a show set in the past!

03.One set in the FUTURE!

02.One (or all) of the CMC will get their cutie marks.

01.Featherweight will SPEAK!

I was a little confused by the '13' episode bit. I heard one studio is doing 13 episodes. Don't they normally have at least two studios that work on the show at once?

13 more episodes will make the magical number for syndication. Many series do not live past this number because once hit they can just start showing repeats on all the other networks

13 more episodes will make the magical number for syndication. Many series do not live past this number because once hit they can just start showing repeats on all the other networks

I don't think Hub has the guts to do this. FiM is way too profitable and popular -- not to mention the sheer outcry from fans that we'd be getting half a season and no more.

With the marketing blitz and investment Hasbro put into the Royal Wedding, it would be a bit odd to air 13 more episodes and pull the curtain. I think that the episodes are being split-developed, which (while a scary prospect right now since we're not sure what is going on) will only benefit us, because we'll get more episodes, faster.

I believe that FiM DOES have two studios. DHX Media (formerly Studio B) and Top Draw Animation. Well, and Hasbro Studios, for scripts. The other two are the animating studios.

TACOBOB'S WILD GUESSES SUPER AWESOME PREDICTIONS OF THE FUTURE! (For Season 3)

If I GET ANY OF THESE right, I will totally win at FIM and therefore, will win the internet! You all then will be forced to be my pets or something.

10.Gilda WILL RETURN!

09.Gilda WILL NOT RETURN!

08.One of the mane cast will either leave or die!

07.We'll see yet another new Alicorn!

06.We will see one of the mane character's parents that we haven't seen before.

05.First on screen death!

04.We'll get a show set in the past!

03.One set in the FUTURE!

02.One (or all) of the CMC will get their cutie marks.

01.Featherweight will SPEAK!

1 & 2: You'll get one of those right, so yeah.

3. I think the main characters are too popular to leave, and death is definetly a no for this show (It's still rated Y, and it may not get past the censors to kill a character)

4. I would like that to happen. I want to know about Applejack's parents.

5. I suppose that could happen

6. Like I said before, it wouldn't really make it past the censors, especially for an on-screen death. Remember, it's still rated Y.

7. That would be interesting, kinda' like Season 1 Episode 23.

8. That would also be interesting.

9. I say no, unless this is the last season. Them trying to get their cutie marks are HUGE character traits, and creates many plot points, so it would ruin a lot to give them their cutie marks, unless the show was ending.

10. Featherweight probably won't appear again, like Tank and Pipsqueak. Just sayin'.

10. Featherweight probably won't appear again, like Tank and Pipsqueak. Just sayin'.

Pipsqueak did show up as a background pony in "Putting Your Hoof Down'

I've seen shows split their seasons into two packets of episodes. Probably they have the 13 ready to go and soon they'll greenlight the other 13.