Morning always comes too early! (QL + Ash, PM if desperately interested in joining)

Ashton

Alarm? What alarm? Streak had always slept till the sun woke him, though he swore the princess was being vengeful after last night's after-show party and rose the sun quite a few hours early...

The pegasus slowly opened his eyes and rubbed them, rolling over on his bed, but his mirror, placed accordingly, reflected the sun at him even from this direction... he sighed and muttered a few mildly inappropriate things as he slowly crawled off his cloud-bed. "you could have slept in today, princess, I wouldn't have held it against you" he muttered, a faint chuckle coming from his throat as he pushed himself up onto his hooves, looking around. As usual his room was a mixture of impeccably tidy, and impending disaster, but that just kept with his personality. he stumbled through his morning routine, getting himself presentable, and as he sat down he saw the note he left himself, there had been some contest, and he was supposed to spend a day with a young fan of his, while this was annoying so early in the morning, it still made him smile to think about the joy it would bring the foal... though he wished he had made a note of the foal's name...

Finishing his breakfast, the Pegasus slipped into his wonderbolts uniform, not bothering pulling the hood up since it always messed up his mane and pulled his goggled over his eyes, streak then picked up his pre-packed saddle-bags that included a pick-nick lunch for him and his guest and headed outside...

Cloudsdale was always a buzz with activity, weatherponies going back and forth moving clouds, merchants hawking their wares, and simple townsponies just going about their daily lives, more than a few called out to him and he waved, he walked over to the edge of the cloud, pulled down his flight goggles, and spread his wings, heading down and towards the meeting place, amused that it was on the ground, after all didnt most pegasai live in cloudsdale? then again he remembered a certain fan of the team who was a pegasus of some repute that lived on the ground, so perhaps it wasn't so odd...

He glided towards the ground, keeping an eye out for the contest winner, no doubt he or she would be decked out in all kinds of Wonderbolts Merchandise... sometimes he felt they should scale back their offerings, it got a little awkward to see his picture everywhere, but it was nice to see the fans so happy so he kept his muzzle shut... As the meeting place came into view he glided down, without question, it was going to be an interesting day...

reno-.jpg

The small earth pony stood waiting eagerly to meet his hero! He wasn't decked in merchandise because he really couldn't afford anything, but he spotted Streak right away and ran over to him excitedly "There you are Mr Streak! Did you sleep well?" Dad always said to be polite and Reno was trying his best to be polite and to not gush as his favorite WonderBolt of all time was right there in front of him and was going to spend the whole day with him!

He did realize that the other would probably be disappointed that the fan that had won his day was a earth pony and thus couldn't go flying but right now he wasn't going to let that bother him and he was just going to enjoy meeting his foalhood hero!

Streak was indeed surprised to see an earth pony instead of a pegasus, though it was hardly unusual since the 'bolts were universally loved among the equestrians, well loved by all except their rival flight teams, he smiled "I was so excited over the contest that I couldn't sleep" he winked at the foal, pushing up his flight goggles and giving the younger pony a gently tussle of the mane "It's always a great day when you get to meet someone and make Their day" he said "so tell me, do you have any special requests for the day?" he asked. The foal would likely notice that Steak did seem happy, that unlike some ponies who would be upset having to spend the day with a fan, Lightning seemed right in his element, that this truly was something he loved to do and he really was glad to be there.

reno-.jpg

Reno beamed at the mane ruffle, before moving a hoof to fix it to it's usual array of controlled chaos "I just wanna go to the fields and watch you fly a little for a little bit? is that okay? Then we can go for a walk and I can show you some of my rope tricks?" He offered, none of his ideas costing any money due to Reno both being a small pony,and not having any bits to spare "I brought you something!" He reached in his tiny saddle bag and pulled out an apple by the stem "Here! It's from Sweet Apple Acres, I bought a whole bushel of em and they are the best apples ever!"

"Sure, I might even give you a preview of some new tricks we're working on before anyone else sees them" said Streak with a conspiratorial wink "Rope tricks eh? you planning on becoming a cowpony? Perhaps compete in rodeos one day?" he asked when the foal produced the apple Streak smiled "why thank you, I just had breakfast, but a little desert never hurts" he said, taking a bite of the apple "mmmm, cant dissagree, this is certainly one of the best apples I've ever had" he said "there... might... be something in my bags for you too, but your gonna have to wait to find out what it is" he said with a grin, the wonderbolt never traveled without some merchandise to give to fans, and no doubt the foal would enjoy it later when he broke it out "any place in particular?" he asked, taking another bite of the apple

reno-.jpg

"Yes sir! One day I'ma be the greatest CowPony that ever lived" he said and grinned, glad the other both expressed interest in his own interests, and also seemed to enjoy the apple that he had purchased "Just this way" He tugged on his arm lightly and started off to the hills "Really? Before anypony else!?" His eyes widened, rather excited to see those tricks, but mostly he was just psyched to spend time with his Hero "I don't need nothing! Being with you is way better than anything else ever"

Streak smiled "your gonna have some tough competition for that title" he said "but with enough work I'm sure you can do it, I mean look at me, it took a while but I made it into the wonderbolts, I'm sure you can make it into the major Rodeo circuits" he talked as he followed the foal "you bet, we've got some pretty exciting tricks, and a few new spins on old ones, literal on the spin in one case" he laughed "oh come, come, I couldn't leave you without a memento to remember this day by, it's not every day you get to meet a wonderbolt and see unperformed stunts!" he smiled

"Tell you what, you point" he reached down and gently grabbed the foal and set him on his back, the wonderbolt uniform was unusually sturdy, as if it had been made with this in mind "and I'll get us there twice as fast" he said, spreading his wings "now hold on tight... but not too tight" he said as he pushed his goggles back down and leapt off the hill, taking flight, making sure to be extra-gentle so he wouldn't dislodge his little fan from the 'saddle' on his uniform.

reno-.jpg

He gasped as he got picked up and put on the others back, grinning as he held onto him, lightly pointing with his hoof "The field is thataway!" Reno felt glad that the other felt like he should give him a little bit of fan gear, since Reno never owned anything WonderBolts save for a little WonderBolt pin he had made himself out of safety pins and some leftover beads "I'll do it you'll see! I'll one day be awesome just like you!" Streak was so awesome because he had worked his way up, and he still was so nice to his fans! Reno hoped if he were ever famous he'd be nice to his fans like Streak was being to his.

Streak smiled "I'm sure if you keep working at it you'll get there before you know it!" he grinned, which made his look humorous since as he talked the wind was making his cheeks flap, he turned back, smiling, hoping that got a smile out of the young colt, he saw the field ahead and came in for a slow but steady corkscrew downwards to land in the center of it

reno-.jpg

He grinned ear to ear at the compliment and held on tight as the other plundged downwards, Reno had always wondered what it flet like to fly and this was as close as he had ever gotten! It felt so free seeing the ground from up high and feeling the wind ruffling through your mane and face, it made a pony feel so alive! So it was rather saddening when the flying stopped and the other landed perfectly in the center of the field 'That was so awesome!" he exclaimed but hopped off as to not overstay his welcome.

Once down he grinned moving a hoof up to fix his wind ruffled mane "Here we are this place is perfect! I love coming out here and practicing, and it's nice and open so you wont get hurt or nothing"

(Ashton don't forget the other rp as well ;) )

Streak smiled as he unhooked his saddlebags and set them nearby "no peeking" he said to Reno as he walked a short distance away "Now remember, these are new, some of them very new and we havnt gotten all the bugs worked out of them yet, so dont go and dare your winged friends to try them" he said, gently tapping reno on the sholdier

Streak then flapped his wings and took off into the air.

The first few tricks were fairly mundane, Reno would have seen them anywhere, even around town where older pegasai were practicing, but slowly streak began getting to the more complex ones...

The concerning one involved him flying around first one direction then another then down and up and around and around and down and up and then all of a sudden the pegasus spun out and found himself hurtling towards the gound, completely out of control and obviously NOT part of the trick, he managed to regain enough control to come in at an angle, plowing up a trench of dirt but likely avoiding and serious injurry... he certainly wasnt kidding when he said they hadn't worked all the bugs out yet!

(amusingly if you follow the motions, Streak just attempted the trick that sent Dash to the hospital, so far only 1 pony has ever successfully accomplished said trick, but that hasnt stopped the bolts from trying! lol))

reno-.jpg

Reno knew better than to snoop in other pony's stuff, so he just watched the other perform the tricks, they were gradually becoming more and more complex, he cringed though as the trick took a bad turn and the other crashed/ skid into the dirt below and ran over to him to see if he was okay "Are you alright...?" he had heard another pony had tried the same trick some time ago and had ended up in the hospital! He didn't want his hero to end up inthe hospital! What if he were hurt so bad he could never fly again!? HIS CAREER WOULD BE RUINED! And it would be all Reno's fault cause he asked him to perform tricks for him!

Reno was trying to not panic but it was showing up in his face.

Streak didnt respond for a moment but slowly raised his hed and spit out a mouthful of dirt and grass, coughing a little "yeah... I'll be ok..." he choked out as he forced himself up, it was obvious that he had more than a few bruises, but he didnt seem to have any permanent injury "Maybe we should break for lunch" he said "I brought some stuff, though you might enjoy" he smiled, walking, a little shakey, towards his saddlebags, even if there was no lasting damage it was clear that streak was banged up nicely, and of course his uniform was covered in dirt and grass stains now...

reno-.jpg

He nodded walking beside his fallen hero, frowning softly at the stainea and muddied uniform "I know a pony in town that could fix that for you?" He offered, the stallion was always sewing and mending bags, how much harder could it be to clean and press a suit? He didn't want the other to walk around all dirty! After all he had gotten in that state due to Reno's asking.. Reno felt horrible since his Hero seemed to be all banged and bruised... "I'm really sorry"

Streak smiled "maybe I'll visit this pony later then, I hope you dont mind but I think I'll change into my Civvies, it wont do to have a wonderbolt walking around like this, now would it?" he joked "and dont blame yourself, Ren, it's my fault for attempting a stunt that not even Cap'n Spitfire can pull off, I shouldn't have gotten caught up in trying to impress you" he said a little sheepishly

reno-.jpg

"Impress me?" He asked blinking slowly "..But Mr Streak you already impress me! You are my favorite WonderBolt, why would yo worry about impressing a silly little nopony like me?" He asked now confused "You are so awesome that you don't need to impress me..." He muttered feeling like a silly little fan colt with the way he was gushing and praising..it was honestly pathetic and a little embarassing....

Streak smiled but had a serious look on his face "dont ever look down on yourself" he said "every pony is important, and the day I stop impressing ponies is the day I retire" he said "I guess you'll have quite a story for your friends, you'll be the only one to ever see a wonderbolt miserably fail at a stunt" he said with an awkward laugh as he unzipped his uniform and pulled it off, revealing his sideways-lightning-bolt cutiemark, he opened one of his bags and dug around in it, pulling out a white shirt, which he slipped on, complete with fancy 'puffy frill' around the neck and sleeves like a pirate would wear, including a small gold chain around his neck, though it had been sown to the shirt, likely to make sure it didnt fall off when he flew. He then proceeded to turn his uniform inside-out and put it in the bag "Now, how about that lunch?" he asked "Hope I'm not too plain and boring without my uniform" he joked

reno-.jpg

The others kind words made Reno's cheeks flush a little bit, snickering at the others poofy civilian shirt "Ofcourse you are still awesome even when not in uniform!" He insisted...In fact it let him see the others cutie mark, grinning since the other was really awesome and his cutie mark was equally amazing as the flank it was upon .

"Lunch sounds good to me!" His stomach rumbled with the sounds that no mere apple could mend! Nay! Though thy rind be red and thy core juicy! Reno snickered lightly imagining quoting that holding a bitten apple.. "What do you think sounds good for lunch?" He had a few bits on him for it.

(("equally amazing as the flank it was upon ."?? Um, sorry, reno, Streak is a little old for you :P lol))

"Well" said Streak, opening his bag "I thought we might start off with some cucumber h'ourderves" he said, pulling a plate of the cucumbers with some thick sauce atop them and a toothpick through the center "Then we might move on to the main course, some Goldmary sandwiches, seasoned with rose petals and small bits of apple" he pulled out a stack of six sandwiches "And for dessert, because Spitfire made me, a WonderBar!" he said, pulling out a pair of Wonderbolts-branded Chocolate Bars "To Drink, We have a choice of Colt-a-Cola, Tea, or Peach Cider" he smiled, pulling out two bottles of colt-a-cola, and two thermoses for the Tea and Cider

"How does that sound, my young friend?" he asked with a large, warm, smile