(Canterlot) All in a day's work (OPEN)

Black

It was a normal bright day for the white city of Canterlot. It had been a few weeks since Giza Upanga moved into to his new metalworks on the rocky side of the brilliant town. He was actually enjoying his first day off in awhile from his night shift by working on his shop. He was on the roof, hammering some new metal roof tile into it. "Ah. Such hard work is always good on my soul." He said to himself with a smile. Wiping the sweat from his brow, Giza looked out to see the castle in the distance. "I am close to my dream. Creating and crafting as a royal blacksmith....so close yet so far away." Giza took a moment to admire the castle as he thought about how far he had come as his hair flowed in the wind.

Trojan was walking around the borders as usaul.After the royal wedding security has been bigger than ever.Trojan noticed another pony trotting towards the castle."Hey you stop right there!Name and reason to the castle.We don't let anypony in here!"Trojan grabbed a pail of water.The gaurds recently found out that you can make a changeling form to its original form by soaking it in water.

Giza got off his roof and looked at his metalworks. It still looked like an old building but with the new metal siding and roof, it looked more manageable. "That looks better. Now maybe I will go get some more metal to work with." He went to the side of the building to grab his cart as he smiled. Hard work was what he did best and he did like talking to the miners that went digging into the mountain under the white city. He strapped on his cart and headed out to the city gates, only to see a wet pony pass him by. Funny. It doesn't look like rain. Must have been some Pegasus playing a joke. He thought as he was passing by the castle. He looked up at it with steel eyes as he smiled. "I will get there someday." He said himself, still looking.

Amy woke up from her nap and quickly made her way to Giza's shop, hoping he didn't notice her tardiness. To her credit, though, she had stayed late last night to help him close.

Just like every other night, he would say. Don't expect me to let you be lazy just because you work hard. She could imagine him chastising her now.

She stopped for a moment and let all negative thoughts leave her, she wasn't going to be in a bad mood at work or at all for that matter.

As Amy got into sight of the shop, she noticed that the shop looked closed. She took this opportunity to try and get inside, only to be greeted by a locked door.

Fun, she thought to herself as she waited on Giza.

Giza exited the city gates with a nod to the guards as he passed by. Equestians have been very good to him ever since he came to this land so he showed no ill will towards them. He started to make down the small path to the base of the mountain under the city. There he saw a large cave with a bunch of pony working and mining it out. Giza walked up to the foreman, a familiar and friendly face to him. "Good Morning." "Ah! Giza! It has been quite awhile since you came down to see us. How you been you old worker?" "I have been fine." "Where is the young mare you are usually with?" "At home. Sleeping. I am working solo today." "That's too bad. Some of the guys would have loved to see her. Anyway, lets get down to business. What kind of ore can I get you today?" Giza smirked as he and the foreman started walking into the mine. "Hopefully you have some high grade iron?" "Always my friend. Always." Giza and the foreman talked for what seemed like hours as his men loaded up his cart with iron ore. "That should do it. Thank you, my friend." "Think nothing of it. Guys like you I like so only 50 bits." Giza payed the man as he waved his hoof goodbye. Giza, with his cart now full, started to make his way back up the small path, carefully of course.